17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
FT on JVM. He's shocked by the charges. Stunned.

Me too, actually. And i'm really wondering about that Hot Mike conversation I was listening to with the reporters talking without knowing anyone was listening. This is political.

While I sort of hoped no charges would be filed, if a charge of manslaughter came up I'd think that was completely fair also. That's fair, and reasonable.

This isn't second degree murder. IMHO. And if they go to court with second degree murder as the only choice before the jury, they'll lose this case and he'll walk free. IMHO.

Thank God at least his attorney doesn't appear to be a joke like some of the other ones.

I know sometimes the civil rights leader are overbearing but say what you may about Al Sharpton but if he hadn't gotten involved in this case the investigation would have been non existent right now. As a black person I am astonished of all the press the death of Trayvon has been getting. The killing of a black male by anyone is usually "business as usual". I cannot recall this media coverage happening to a non-celebrity who is an African-American.

Tulsa shooters will be next. They gave them bail today. A high bail, but a bail offer nonetheless. For mulitiple murders.

Well, this lost me there, in stomping for 'the great cause'. What am I missing here??? They got GZ charged with murder. Now they are going to go on and on about it forever???? What is this about, really?

I've been watching on HLN. I loved what the parents said. The rest are just self-righteous preeners, IMO. Annoying as all get out.

I was listening very carefully (and rewinding the DVR) to accurately type the words of Attorney Crump, Sabrina Fulton, and Tracy Martin. Everything that was said (to me) absolutely related directly to this case. Attorney Crump basically (my words) was stressing that this will not be over in a day, a week, or a month. That's a good point to make, IMO.

Very well said Gitana. I think one must be a minority to understand what you just said. Someone was on MSNBC and put it in a way that most would understand, "if an man was walking on Park Avenue and shot down by a stranger" this SYG law even if it was in effect would not stand. There would have been a thorough investigation (more than 7 hours) before the shooter was released". Why is Trayvon's life less important than a "man on Park Avenue"? Trayvon was treated like a criminal from the moment his body was bought to the ME's office. This is why the civil leaders were speaking in such an impassionate manner.

I think Corey pretty forcefully dispelled the myth that the original Sanford PD didn't investigate. When she was brought in to take over, the investigation was continuing she said, more than once. They had done many witness interviews, and were continuing the process when it was turned over to her office.

If people choose not to believe her, that's up to them, but that's what she said. She was very supportive and respectful of SPD and their efforts.

Me too, actually. And i'm really wondering about that Hot Mike conversation I was listening to with the reporters talking without knowing anyone was listening. This is political.

While I sort of hoped no charges would be filed, if a charge of manslaughter came up I'd think that was completely fair also. That's fair, and reasonable.

This isn't second degree murder. IMHO. And if they go to court with second degree murder as the only choice before the jury, they'll lose this case and he'll walk free. IMHO.

But we don't know what she knows? Maybe it is a 2nd degree murder case? I also thought manslaughter, but she's seen all the evidence? I haven't?

GZ's new attorney just spoke on CNN.....he made the right move there and has really traded up on the defense team!!

You have a right to your opinion that you don't think this is 2nd degree murder, but you don't have all the facts and evidence, as does the special prosecutor who brought the charge.

Ohh, Frank! He's resorted to football analagies now. "They teed the ball up and kicked it off to us and we elected to receive. (As if they had a choice) And we're going to find the endzone of innocence for George Zimmerman". LOL :floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

M O'Mara...'gz concerned about getting a fair trial and fair presentation. we need to calm this down'.

Seems like a knowlegeable guy and seems to have couth. IMO

Extemely doubtful that if she was given or took this assignment in hopes of higher office or promotion that she would make the major mistake of overcharging and losing the case, that would not help her at all. I truly feel that she believes that she has the evidence and from what I heard of the pressser she is not terribly concerned about the SYG law either. I think she has the goods and is going in fighting.

I thought manslaughter also! I am also shocked.

Salem

I am surprised by second degree murder. I expected manslaughter. By the way, I am still on the fence on this case.

Ohh, Frank! He's resorted to football analagiesnow. "They teed the ball up and kicked it off to us and we elected to receive". LOL As if 'they' had a choice. :floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

He better not be a Tampa Bay Buccaneer fan or a Miami Hurricane fan... Pleaseeeeeeee be a Jacksonville Jaguars fan and a Florida Gators fan!! !

I think Corey pretty forcefully dispelled the myth that the original Sanford PD didn't investigate. When she was brought in to take over, the investigation was continuing she said, more than once. They had done many witness interviews, and were continuing the process when it was turned over to her office.

If people choose not to believe her, that's up to them, but that's what she said. She was very supportive and respectful of SPD and their efforts.

I disagree wholeheartedly. I think she was just being professional and appropriate to the occasion. More importantly, she said it was not for her or her office, in the capacity as special prosecutor, to comment on that. If you think the investigation into the propriety of the SPD investigation is over, I would say you are wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam