Identified! CA - Huntington Beach, WhtFem 40UFCA, 18-30, poss name Andrea, Apr'90 - Andrea Kuiper

Status
Not open for further replies.
On Doe it says the ring was on her:
Clothing: She was wearing a black cotton dress; a red, long-sleeved shirt; fishnet stockings; a pink sweater; a size 40 D bra; and pink shoes, with the price tags still on. A ring made of human hair was located on her left ring finger. She carried a smooth black stone, and a motel key inscribed with No. 218. She carried no identification and no credit cards.

On Doe it says the ring was on her:
Clothing: She was wearing a black cotton dress; a red, long-sleeved shirt; fishnet stockings; a pink sweater; a size 40 D bra; and pink shoes, with the price tags still on. A ring made of human hair was located on her left ring finger. She carried a smooth black stone, and a motel key inscribed with No. 218. She carried no identification and no credit cards.

Thanking you. :) One of these days, I'll be able to keep my train of thought on the right tracks, today is not that day.

Could she have possibly had a mental problem..skitzophrenia e.g.
She could have but I wonder why no one was keeping a close eye on her, no one has recognized her in all these years or was it just not that widely publicized.

was the clothing she had on something that the witness remembered prior to her death if she had price tags on new shoes warn whos to say she didn't buy the rest of her clothes from that same store

She could have but I wonder why no one was keeping a close eye on her, no one has recognized her in all these years or was it just not that widely publicized.

It could be that somebody at least tried to keep an eye on her. It's hard to understand if you haven't been there, but sometimes people with mental illnesses just take off and there's nothing anybody can do to stop them. My sister has done this twice in the past week. If she were to end up a Doe (God forbid), we'd never know even though I at least would look. It's hard to fathom, but even if someone is keeping a close eye on a mentally ill adult, there's only so much that can really be done to keep them safe. It's sad and frustrating, but that's the way it is. IMHO, we went a little too far when we made it more difficult to have a person committed. :mad:

I believe that she came from money. First, she had expensive dental work. Also, who spends twenty bucks on Goodwill shoes?

was the clothing she had on something that the witness remembered prior to her death if she had price tags on new shoes warn whos to say she didn't buy the rest of her clothes from that same store

I worked with the DN getting that update, this was not indicated. I had created a page for her too after getting this info:

http://meyahna.tripod.com/pg24.html

I believe that she came from money. First, she had expensive dental work. Also, who spends twenty bucks on Goodwill shoes?

I think it's likely that someone donated the shoes to Goodwill having never worn them and with the original price tag still on. I have been guilty of this more times than I care to remember (purchasing an item of clothing, putting it in my closet with the price tag on it, never wearing it, and donating it to Goodwill without taking the price tag off).

I can't imagine that Goodwill would sell shoes for $20, unless the original price of the shoes was in the hundreds of dollars (e.g. Manolo Blahnik, etc.)

After doing a quick google, I found this girl is being discussed on another sleuthing type of Internet forum. Apparently they submitted the following missing runaway as a possible match to LE last week. The eye color listed on the missing girl is green...also a little younger, but still a pretty good match IMO.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/184dfmi.html

I don't think, Andrea was well nourished, it's a nice way to say fat. Aundria would have needed to get a lot of junk food during one year to get fat. And really I don't picture a 15 year old say she's 25 so much, really when you're 15, 25 is close to grandmother lol. Also few teens would wear pink shoes, I think. I'd have cried if I had to go to school with pink shoes. Then after 23, you feel old and feel nostalgy of pink...

I don't think, Andrea was well nourished, it's a nice way to say fat. Aundria would have needed to get a lot of junk food during one year to get fat. And really I don't picture a 15 year old say she's 25 so much, really when you're 15, 25 is close to grandmother lol. Also few teens would wear pink shoes, I think. I'd have cried if I had to go to school with pink shoes. Then after 23, you feel old and feel nostalgy of pink...

Andrea's reported 5'4" and 122 pounds is hardly fat.:eek: (especially if she had large breasts). There is only a recorded 7 pounds difference between the 2 girls. I can gain 7 pounds in the week before Aunt Flo visits.

Guess we'll just have to wait and see if LE looks into it.

Yes, that's what I thought too but well nourrished means fat. Also I'm not sure the dental work would fit a 15 year old beside the sketch would be totally off if that was her. I'm thinking really she could have had some mental issues too, if her parents were well known she was probably not poor so why would she leave to CA without a cent? No reasonable 25 year old leaves for that kind of trip without taking money. And you'd think if she was looking for her birth family she'd have taken some identity papers, birth record...

Andrea's reported 5'4" and 122 pounds is hardly fat.:eek: (especially if she had large breasts). There is only a recorded 7 pounds difference between the 2 girls. I can gain 7 pounds in the week before Aunt Flo visits.

Guess we'll just have to wait and see if LE looks into it.

"Andrea" has a BMI of 20.9- that's normal. The only way she could be fat is if she was over 145 pounds (25+ BMI)

Well, I haven't seen her myself but I do know that in ME's language well nourrished means fat, it's like strong builded (most often). Also really there aren't that many 14 year old who have "prior" orthodontics, generally they're current.

Huntington Beach, Ca Jane Doe

<modsnip>

This unidentified young woman died around 10 pm on April 1, 1990 while crossing Pacific Coast Highway west of Newland, Huntington Beach, California. She died at the scene of a broken neck.

She was Caucasian and estimated to be between 18 to 30 with a closer estimate of 17-21. She had brown hair and brown eyes, was 5'4" and 122 lbs. She had acne scars on her face, was well nourished and large breasted.

When found she was wearing a pink sweater, a red long-sleeved shirt, a black cotton dress, fishnet stockings, a 40D bra and size 6 pink shoes. She had a ring made of human hair on her left ring finger.

Dental information: PFM jackets on back of #7-10. Restorations #2,15,19,20. Missing #6,11,21,28-spaces closed. Missing wisdom teeth. Porcelain dental work. Prior orthodontics. Dental Chart

After her sketch was published in a local newspaper, two men came forward saying they had met the victim a couple weeks before her death. Both said they only knew her by her first name, Andrea.

According to them Andrea said she was from the East Coast.

The first man said he had befriended her two weeks before the accident. Both had shared the same car while hitchhiking on Pacific Coast Highway. He was 100% positive that was the same person. He said Andrea told him she was adopted and trying to find her real family. He added that she told him she was from somewhere like Virginia but told a woman she was from New York. Though she claimed to be 25-26, he thought she appeared as young as 16.

The second man said Andrea spent one night at his house. He said she had no place to stay at and no money for food or clothing so he let her use one bed room, fed her and gave her some money. Andrea then bought clothes at a Goodwill store, including a pair of shoes for $19.95 that she was wearing at the time of her death. He said she had told him her parents were pretty well-known but she didn't want to say who they were and that she had been adopted at a very young age. He also said that the ring made of hair she had was of her own hair that she had cut in front of him and then placed on her finger.
===============================================

A match?

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/184dfmi.html

The Doe Network:
Case File 184DFMI

Aundria Michelle Bowman
Missing since March 11, 1989 from Holland, Ottawa County, Michigan.
Classification: Endangered Missing
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: June 23, 1974
Age at Time of Disappearance: 14 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'5; 115 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown hair; green eyes. She may have bleached her hair blonde.
Marks, Scars: She has peirced ears.
AKA: Alex; Alexis
Dentals: Not available
DNA: Not available
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Circumstances of Disappearance
Bowman ran away from a youth home on March 11, 1989. She has never been seen or heard from again. Bowman is adopted.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would definitely call it in-they have a lot to work with in terms of ID. When you call in Aundria, see if they have a print card on file from a Juvie record or anything-I bet that will be the fastest way to a match...

Good Luck and let us know!

This looks like a definite possibility! Great job and good luck KivaSupporter!!! Looking forward to hearing the results.

By jove, I think you've done it! Good job!

The eye color is off, Aundria says green, the HB doe is brown. Ht/wt a little off too, but not by much. I don't see the skin problem in Aundria's pic, but could be retouched. I've been looking on my own at matches for people for quite awhile, but I'm new here at WS so I'm certainly no expert!! The eye color is the biggest reason I am not sure of the match. Great job on connecting the names!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member