Jennifer Buchanan

I totally agree with you on this one. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that JB was lacking in parenting skills, but most of us would have liked to hear what she had to say without NG's interruptions and tirades. For some reason she had all kinds of sympathy for RC and just look at his parenting skills. Of course, that story also just disappeared into thin air as well. I'm wondering if the producers just eliminate the stories when she starts showing signs of overwhelming rudeness---fear of lawsuits from families.

I agree. I'm not that interested in NG's opinions about parenting, I'd have wanted her to ask questions and get some answers. From a sleuthing point of view I would prefer the TV persons not to be overly confrontative. As long as people keep talking they can be inconsistent and reveal things without meaning it, or they can be asked questions and give honest answers, but if they get mad or scared and clam up that's it.

With all due respect, I don't think that JB would have given answers to any questions that would have made any sense. She changes her story lines too often. IMHO, any question that NG could have possibly asked JB would have resulted in another "misinformation". Even sweet talking JB won't get the answers we need to figure this one out.

NG is who she is, and is known for that style of questioning. I always keep that in consideration when I watch her, which has been very rarely as of late because ...well because she gets on my nerves frankly.

JMHO.

ETA: Geraldo (who I am not fond of either) might have faired better because he tends to sweet talk women on his show.

If my child went missing, boy, I'd find anyone else to spread the word...
That doesn't mean that JB isn't being scutinized as well by LE with good reason...but the only person she sucked up to has been RC, Haleigh's dad?

I totally agree with you on this one. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that JB was lacking in parenting skills, but most of us would have liked to hear what she had to say without NG's interruptions and tirades. For some reason she had all kinds of sympathy for RC and just look at his parenting skills. Of course, that story also just disappeared into thin air as well. I'm wondering if the producers just eliminate the stories when she starts showing signs of overwhelming rudeness---fear of lawsuits from families.

I agree. I'm not that interested in NG's opinions about parenting, I'd have wanted her to ask questions and get some answers. From a sleuthing point of view I would prefer the TV persons not to be overly confrontative. As long as people keep talking they can be inconsistent and reveal things without meaning it, or they can be asked questions and give honest answers, but if they get mad or scared and clam up that's it.

(snipped, bbm) Agree w above, esp bolded--or as nursebeeme I think said (in another thread), I wish NG had been wearing her investigator instead of her prosecutor hat.

:parrot:

After Melinda Ducket and all of the legal grief that brought down on CNN and NG? I think the producers are really clamping down on anything that has the potential to become another one of those.

I think "Lies" about being hungry was an unfortunate choice of words. My kids, ages 4 & 5, will say that they aren't hungry around dinner time if they don't want to stop what they are doing to come eat dinner. However, the difference is that I don't see it as a "lie" I see it as being a child who would rather continue playing than be interrupted. I am the parent so when I say it's time to eat, they understand that they have to stop playing and come to the table (I also watch my kids like a hawk, but that's another story).

When she used the term 'lie' it bothered me significantly because it came across that Nevaeh was bothering her or irratating her and that JB didn't have an appreciation and understanding of children in general.

I agree, calliing what Nevaeh did a lie isn't very accurate, but it's more telling how JB said it... almost like "see she's a liar" blaming her dead 5 year old. sick.

I agree, calliing what Nevaeh did a lie isn't very accurate, but it's more telling how JB said it... almost like "see she's a liar" blaming her dead 5 year old. sick.

That's how I took it too! The mom blaming the child. She is in total denial of her poor parenting.

Nancy Grace acted just like a predator - she has the power of her own show, the power of education and the experience of a prosecutor...with all that power combined, she proceeded to attack a defenseless, single, grieving mom who has little, if any ability to formulate comprehensive thoughts regarding her daughter. At the very least, predator NG could have provided Jen with a criminal defense attorney...maybe NG would have thought twice about why she asked the questions she did. As much as I appreciate her keeping these stories in front of the public eye - she disgusted me with her predator like behavior.

Nancy Grace acted just like a predator - she has the power of her own show, the power of education and the experience of a prosecutor...with all that power combined, she proceeded to attack a defenseless, single, grieving mom who has little, if any ability to formulate comprehensive thoughts regarding her daughter. At the very least, predator NG could have provided Jen with a criminal defense attorney...maybe NG would have thought twice about why she asked the questions she did. As much as I appreciate her keeping these stories in front of the public eye - she disgusted me with her predator like behavior.

A predator please....Nancy (God love her) is far from a predator. JB had probably never saw a Nancy episode and thought she would be molly coddled around some more so she could put on her usual show. But it didn't work that way for her and she froze like a deer in the headlight, then wussed out and took her ball and went home. I thought Nancy was spot on and shes lucky she didn't get worse. As far a being a grieving, single defenseless mom I haven't seen any tears or signs of real grief, And defenseless I don't think so
Nevaeh was the defenseless one that was put in harms way by her so called mom and her nasty SO boyfriends. I just wish Nancy could have grilled her a little more after the "lie " comment she made how could she say that about her dead child. What ever she gets in the future won't be enough for that stupid comment, she should be under the jail with her nasty azz friends FOREVER.....IMO:furious:

A predator please....Nancy (God love her) is far from a predator. JB had probably never saw a Nancy episode and thought she would be molly coddled around some more so she could put on her usual show. But it didn't work that way for her and she froze like a deer in the headlight, then wussed out and took her ball and went home. I thought Nancy was spot on and shes lucky she didn't get worse. As far a being a grieving, single defenseless mom I haven't seen any tears or signs of real grief, And defenseless I don't think so
Nevaeh was the defenseless one that was put in harms way by her so called mom and her nasty SO boyfriends. I just wish Nancy could have grilled her a little more after the "lie " comment she made how could she say that about her dead child. What ever she gets in the future won't be enough for that stupid comment, she should be under the jail with her nasty azz friends FOREVER.....IMO:furious:

I also appreciate NG for keeping these stories in front of the public eye.

So let me correct myself...you're right black poodle - how shameful and wrong of me to use the word 'predator'. I meant to say 'EXPLOITER OF THE VULNERABLE'. Is that better? Have a nice day!

I surely wouldn't call JB a defenseless, single, grieving mom, and I know I wouldn't call NG a predator....'strong words'. I praise NG for doing what she did. The mom needed to be put in her place with the lies she has told and allowing her daughter to be with an SO. Its easy to tell the truth and had JB told the truth, she wouldn't have had a problem on the show. There is only one truth.

snipped for content from eyes4crime

At the very least, predator NG could have provided Jen with a criminal defense attorney...

Why? A defense atty for what? And why should NG provide this?

In addition to JB's strange comment that she dreamed Nevaeh would be found in cement, before May 29th--at least a week prior to the discovery of her daughter's body and news of her death--she was already referring to Nevaeh in the past tense.

"I'm more determined than anything," Buchanan said. "I adored her. Everything I did was for her. She was my everything."

:confused:
http://www.detnews.com/article/2009...ersons-of-interest--were-sex-offenders/?imw=Y

I think she just handed that child over to one of her SO "boyfriends" for drugs or money. I also think the police know it. She protesteth too much. Sickening.

In addition to JB's strange comment that she dreamed Nevaeh would be found in cement, before May 29th--at least a week prior to the discovery of her daughter's body and news of her death--she was already referring to Nevaeh in the past tense.

"I'm more determined than anything," Buchanan said. "I adored her. Everything I did was for her. She was my everything."

:confused:
http://www.detnews.com/article/2009...ersons-of-interest--were-sex-offenders/?imw=Y

Yep. You've got it. She also said to Nevaeh, "If you're out there..."

This child had been missing for, what? a week? ten days? Most parents would pull their tongue out before using the past tense. She knew when she said those things, and she knows now.

Yep. You've got it. She also said to Nevaeh, "If you're out there..."

This child had been missing for, what? a week? ten days? Most parents would pull their tongue out before using the past tense. She knew when she said those things, and she knows now.

I disagree. "If you're out there" doesn't necessarily mean 'if you're not dead'. It could mean 'if you're out there somewhere hearing me'.

I surely wouldn't call JB a defenseless, single, grieving mom, and I know I wouldn't call NG a predator....'strong words'. I praise NG for doing what she did. The mom needed to be put in her place with the lies she has told and allowing her daughter to be with an SO. Its easy to tell the truth and had JB told the truth, she wouldn't have had a problem on the show. There is only one truth.
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: I was delighted to see NG get down and dirty with JB! If anyone deserves it, this woman does! How can anyone believe having Nevaeh around two RSOs and allowing her to roam outside freely at her age did not contribute to this child's senseless murder?! NG feels the same way many of us do and she simply asked the hard questions of JB. NG is in no way a predator and JB is responsible for allowing Nevaeh to be unsupervised outside plus having her around men who have been "labeled" by juries of their peers as sexual offenders. I will back Nancy to the hilt on this one. It was one of the best interviews I have seen in awhile from NG.

You are right, angeleven; there is only one truth and it is certainly not being told here.

I expect LE to have JB back in tomorrow to answer some hardhitting questions.

JMO

We don't really know for sure if JB had anything to do with this or if she has more information she's not telling.

NG pounced on her because JB tried to defend her actions of exposing her daughter to RSOs by saying, "everyone makes mistakes". Wrong thing to say and the sick thing is that JB probably believes that. I think she needed to be told off for that and frankly, she should be charged with child endangerment at the least.

Enough is enough with these women putting some dude before their own children. The word needs to get out there that it is WRONG and you will be to blame if something happens. You WILL receive more wrath than sympathy.

We let people make too many weak excuses, because we think compassion is the right thing - sometimes the very painful truth is better.

I think JB should blame herself in part. If she doesn't, she's not human.
She's another product of society that thinks "everyone makes mistakes" so mine should be forgiven no matter how horrible the consequences may be. I know people out there who would be much more FURIOUS if this mother was so irresponsible that she was driving drunk and her child was killed. What's the diff? She was irresponsible with that beautiful daughter and I hope she will have to pay a debt to society for it.

Perhaps this tough approach might get her to crack. It certainly has forced her to back peddle and that shows some guilt. Taken a bit further she might start telling the truth. I think she knows more. I think she knows at least one of these pervs has done something to her daughter in the past.

Sorry to vent, I'm just so pizzzzzed at this woman. She didn't even deserve to be at the funeral imo.

And I'm not letting Grandma off the hook either. Did she know these dudes? Was she aware of their criminal past? Why hasn't she been grilled? I haven't heard enough from her.

So, somebody help my understand why any woman would seek out a RSO to be a FATHER FIGURE for a BABY?

Please forgive me for yelling, but I think I just fell down the rabbit hole. :)

BTW-- Is is legal for judges to sentence sterilization, yet?

Yes, NG is a prosecutor. Everybody knows that.

She is also a real champion of murdered children. And, people who don't try to lie or excuse don't have that bad a time on her show.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back