Drummer for Avenged Sevenfold found dead at home

Dark Knight

Reaction score
HUNTINGTON BEACH, Calif. – Police say James Owen Sullivan, a drummer and backup vocalist for the Southern California band Avenged Sevenfold, has been found dead at his home in Southern California.

Lt. John Domingo says the 28-year-old Sullivan, who went by the stage name The Rev, appears to have died of natural causes on Monday in Huntington Beach.

The Orange County coroner's office is investigating the death.

Avenged Sevenfold formed in Huntington Beach in 1999 and won Best New Artist at the MTV Video Music Awards in 2006. According to their MySpace page, the five-man metalcore band was working on their fifth album.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091229/ap_on_en_mu/us_avenged_sevenfold_death

He was an EXTREMELY talented drummer, and A7X is one of my fave bands. RIP James.

DK, I just read this article when I was reading the news this morning and I wondered, isn't he a tad bit young to die of natural causes? I wonder what they will find that killed him?

Good day
Gozgals

I'm always confused when a young person dies of "natural causes". I guess that just means there wasn't any foul play.

RIP Rev.

HUNTINGTON BEACH, Calif. – Police say James Owen Sullivan, a drummer and backup vocalist for the Southern California band Avenged Sevenfold, has been found dead at his home in Southern California.

He was an EXTREMELY talented drummer, and A7X is one of my fave bands. RIP James.

Respectfully snipped.

How sad! A7X is all over my MP3...one of my favorites as well...and he was highly gifted. May he RIP. :no:

I think we'll find his penchant for cocaine and other hard drugs killed him.

Thanks for the link and info, DK - you turned me onto Avenged Sevenfold a year or so ago and I'm sorry to hear the news that the drummer died. I agree with others, 28 years old is awfully young for it to be "natural causes". I saw them in concert last year (with Buckcherry) and they (A7X) were awesome live. Sad news for their family, friends and fans.

Natural causes at age 28? Hmm. I don't think I've heard of that before..

Rest in peace James. :rose:

I vote drug overdose.....natural causes just means he wasn't murdered or a suicide.....kind of like Brittany Murphy.

May he rest in peace.

I vote drug overdose.....natural causes just means he wasn't murdered or a suicide.....kind of like Brittany Murphy.

May he rest in peace.

Amen. It's the first thing I thought too.

RIP!

I think we'll find his penchant for cocaine and other hard drugs killed him.

ITA with this. I've been a fan of a7x since 2003.. kind of lost interest around 07 but I still bought their cd/dvd's. The only band I've ever been 'obsessed' with.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back