Marc Klaas Big Announcement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have to wonder how, John Walsh feels about this. He had a meeting with Obama about the Adam Walsh Act ....."We talked about the Adam Walsh Act named after my son, Adam, that was passed three years ago and President Bush signed it in the Rose Garden. It was to create a national sex offender registry and it hasn’t been funded. Congress has not deemed it important enough or have been too busy with other things and have not funded the Adam Walsh Act," explained Walsh

Obama assured John Walsh it will be funded I guess we will have to wait and see

They had both Aja's on - Aja - the little girl pronounced Asia and Aja - the little boy from Immokalee pronounced Aaa-gee.

They had both Aja's on - Aja - the little girl pronounced Asia and Aja - the little boy from Immokalee pronounced Aaa-gee.

I call her a little girl that needs to be found (pro-Asia) but the main thing is to get her case in the news. This man has already killed the mother..what more can we say? I just worry what this baby has gone through...

this is earth shattering news?
california passed this law before jaycee was even found. that was over 6 months ago.

To my recollection:

Mark said that the government of the state of CA is not following the procedure outlined in Jessica's Law which states that immediately before a sex offender is released, that person must go through a release process whereupon several evaluations are then performed by psychiatrists. This is not being done in many cases, they being released based only from what has been documented on paper up to that point.

Am I getting this right?

That's what I heard -- they are doing "paper reviews" not face-to-face evals.

Is that what the citizens of CA is paying for? Promising to review the offenders they release, but someone is doing a 'workaround' on procedure?

I was about to say Californians s/b :mad: about this -- but fact is, these dangerous felons can go anywhere.....just because they are supposed to register doesn't mean they do....The whole country s/b :furious:

the fact is california's parole laws are already a joke (see jaycee, chelsea) and this makes it even worse.
but has mark been out of the country for 7 months? cause this is not news to any of us.......why not get talking about it in august when it was passed?

I was really hoping that his "trucker tv" had been given FTC approval.....hopefully soon.

I think the 'big news' is that there are now whistleblowers from within the dysfunctional system speaking up. That is a very powerful movement that can't be ignored by government. I think it represents some hope for postive change. I hope Marc sets out on a very intense public campaign with this info to get Jessica's Laws enforced.

this is earth shattering news?
california passed this law before jaycee was even found. that was over 6 months ago.

The Earth Shattering news is the Department of Mental Health in California is IGNORING Jessica's Law.

Whistle Blowers have been trying for months now to get someone to listen to them and no one will. Finally Klaas agreed to represent them and get this information out in the media in hopes something will be done.

I find it jaw dropping that state employees whose job it is to help keep society safe, decided on their own to ignore Jessica's Law and let violent sexual predators out into the population without once being examined by a psychiatrist. Instead of the two in person examinations to be made by two different psychiatrists the D.M.H. decided one psychiatrist reading the sex offenders PAPER WORK was enough.

The D.M.H. decided the voters of California should be ignored and the safety of California citizens should be put in peril because they decided they didn't want to follow the law.

AND,

Whistle Blowers are out there screaming at the top of their lungs and no one in authority cares.

To me, that is jaw dropping.

the fact is california's parole laws are already a joke (see jaycee, chelsea) and this makes it even worse.
but has mark been out of the country for 7 months? cause this is not news to any of us.......why not get talking about it in august when it was passed?

You Are Not Getting It.

Whistle Blowers, DMH IGNORING THE LAW,

Before you judge please get the facts straight.

I almost forgot the most important thing.

A young girl was murderd because of the D.M.H.

Gilton Petri was released via a look over his paperwork and four days later her raped and murdered and Alyssa Gomes.

That's just one we know of. I bet there are many many more.

That's what I heard -- they are doing "paper reviews" not face-to-face evals.

Is that what the citizens of CA is paying for? Promising to review the offenders they release, but someone is doing a 'workaround' on procedure?

I was about to say Californians s/b :mad: about this -- but fact is, these dangerous felons can go anywhere.....just because they are supposed to register doesn't mean they do....The whole country s/b :furious:

In many states, SO's are allowed to self monitor and report and most don't. Even the act of submitting DNA to the state data base is left up to the offender. Nevada had a loophole that mandated DNA at the offenders expense and if the offender claimed they couldn't afford it.....no DNA collected.

California is just the tip of the iceberg. ITA the whole country should be upset.

In many states, SO's are allowed to self monitor and report and most don't. Even the act of submitting DNA to the state data base is left up to the offender. Nevada had a loophole that mandated DNA at the offenders expense and if the offender claimed they couldn't afford it.....no DNA collected.

California is just the tip of the iceberg. ITA the whole country should be upset.

I agree SuziQ. We should all be upset that these predators are released over and over into our neighborhoods.

What I find so shocking about this situation is the Whistle Blowers have brought this horrible case of illegal activity by the D.M.H. to the proper authorities and it is totally and completely ignored.

How many of the SO's released were High Risk Sex Offenders?

Who has the status levels on all the SO's released?

Where the High Risk SO's put on GPS?

When did California officially run out of money?

In total, the Governor proposes spending $59 million in 2006-07 and then tripling funding—to $178 million in 2007-08—so that the departments of Justice (DOJ), Corrections and Rehabilitation (CDCR) and Mental Health (DMH) can enact the plan.
http://gov.ca.gov/index.php?/fact-sheet/4967/

How many of the SO's released were High Risk Sex Offenders?

Who has the status levels on all the SO's released?

Where the High Risk SO's put on GPS?

When did California officially run out of money?

In total, the Governor proposes spending $59 million in 2006-07 and then tripling funding—to $178 million in 2007-08—so that the departments of Justice (DOJ), Corrections and Rehabilitation (CDCR) and Mental Health (DMH) can enact the plan.
http://gov.ca.gov/index.php?/fact-sheet/4967/

Patty I don't know what level the offenders were on but it is my understanding these were violent sex offenders. I may be wrong but I think this is the case.

It appears the D.M.H. has been ignoring Jessica's Law all along. If they didn't have the money for it then they should have let it be known rather than letting these guys out.

In my opinion as a society how can we function if we are not safe? Think about it, If we do not follow the laws AND we are not safe from predators how functional can our society be?

The first thing a society needs to function on a civilized level is safety. Either safety through laws or safety through law enforcement.

If we are not safe then guess what? Everything else starts to fall apart.

To me, the Whistle Blowers are heroes. The fact they have been ignored is something I am so stunned at I don't even know what to say.

Yes, California is in a horrible financial state but state officials have to follow the law.

What is the D.M.H's budget? My guess is it is enough money to hire two trained people to meet with these guys to decide whether they should be let out or not.

My point is this is a corner that, by law, cannot be cut.

Just want to stick this article in here:

Constitutionality of 'Jessica's Law' questioned
Treating sex predators differently from other violent offenders may violate equal protection guarantees, the California Supreme Court says.

January 29, 2010|By Maura Dolan

The California Supreme Court ruled 5 to 2 Thursday that a 2006 ballot initiative that permitted the state to lock up sexually violent predators indefinitely may violate constitutional guarantees of equal protection.

http://articles.latimes.com/2010/jan/29/local/la-me-sexpredator29-2010jan29

Patty I don't know what level the offenders were on but it is my understanding these were violent sex offenders. I may be wrong but I think this is the case.

It appears the D.M.H. has been ignoring Jessica's Law all along. If they didn't have the money for it then they should have let it be known rather than letting these guys out.

In my opinion as a society how can we function if we are not safe? Think about it, If we do not follow the laws AND we are not safe from predators how functional can our society be?

The first thing a society needs to function on a civilized level is safety. Either safety through laws or safety through law enforcement.

If we are not safe then guess what? Everything else starts to fall apart.

To me, the Whistle Blowers are heroes. The fact they have been ignored is something I am so stunned at I don't even know what to say.

Yes, California is in a horrible financial state but state officials have to follow the law.

What is the D.M.H's budget? My guess is it is enough money to hire two trained people to meet with these guys to decide whether they should be let out or not.

My point is this is a corner that, by law, cannot be cut.

Is the D.M.H's budget public information?

Hi Guys,

Sorry about the different threads. I posted about this in several forums so everyone would see it. I left the thread open so you could comment not realizing it would be confusing. So sorry.

It seems some people think this might not be a big deal. I hope I can change your mind and show you just how serious this is.

The Department of Mental Health in California is IGNORING Jessica's Law.

Whistle Blowers have been trying for months now to get someone to listen to them and no one will. Finally Klaas agreed to represent them and get this information out in the media in hopes something will be done.

I find it jaw dropping that state employees whose job it is to help keep society safe, decided on their own, to ignore Jessica's Law and let violent sexual predators out into the population without once being examined by a psychiatrist. Instead of the two in person examinations to be made by two different psychiatrists the D.M.H. decided one psychiatrist reading the sex offenders PAPER WORK was enough.

The D.M.H. decided the voters of California should be ignored and the safety of California citizens should be put in peril because they decided they didn't want to follow the law.

AND,

Whistle Blowers are out there screaming at the top of their lungs and no one in authority cares.

To me, that is jaw dropping.

Finally, there is at least one murder that we know of that probably would not have happened had Jessica's Law been enforced.

Gilton Petri was released after one person read his paper work. Four days after he was released he raped and murdered Alyssa Gomes.

One murder, One rape, is one too many.

It is because of people like Gilton Petri that the citizens of California voted overwhelmingly (70% for 30% against) to enact Jessica's Law. The D.M.H. does not have the right to ignore the law anymore than you and I do.

Can you combine all the threads together and perhaps put it in the Public Forum so that this information can be seen throughout cyber-world should someone do a google regarding Jessica's Law, or Mark Klass etc. etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine