CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
No clue DylansMom. I suspect they wanted to show a picture of a cross (since Jessica is deceased) and used an old hand carved one someone had in their office.

I don't think it relates to the investigation. Kind of a cool, old looking, hand crafted looking cross though don't you think?

So not too useful. I recall being places where it's raining on my side of the street and not raining across the street!

How does one find specific weather conditions then? Maybe archives of the local paper? Even then, those are usually predictions. :waitasec:
Accuweather.com has past weather information. Click on "Monthly", then you can go back through the months and see precipitation, temp., etc.

So if the rope indicates tire tracks, and the big turnabout area on the south shows that big arc, did he turn around and head back toward 93?

The Westminster FB page has several pics of this cross:

Westminster Police Department

For Immediate Release
Direct: (303) 658-4427 Dispatch: (303) 658-4360
Prepared by: Investigator Trevor Materasso
Case Number: 2012-16605
Subject: Jessica Ridgeway - Police Release Photograph of Cross

Date – October 19, 2012

A cross recovered during the Jessica Ridgeway investigation could become a pivotal piece of evidence that helps authorities identify and locate Jessica’s killer. In an ongoing attempt to identify the predator responsible for the abduction and murder of Jessica Ridgeway, police are asking the public to look at several pictures to see if these will help lead police to the killer.

Police recovered a wooden cross that is approximately 1 ½ inches tall by 1 inch wide. The cross has a hole drilled through the upper part and appears that it can be or was worn on a necklace. On one side of the cross are three vertical bars etched onto the shorter horizontal section and a zig-zag pattern is carved onto the opposite side. The cross appears to be a solid piece of wood and the upper post portion is offset from the lower post below the short horizontal section.

Authorities are looking for someone who may carry or wear this type of cross, may have recently purchased one of these, or is known to have some association with one. Police are also looking for a local business that may sell these specific crosses. Police believe there may be a connection between the Jessica Ridgeway murder and the attempted abduction at Ketner Lake, and urge the public to specifically look for someone with a cross like this that matches the suspect’s description from Ketner Lake.

• Light skinned male
• 18-35 (or someone who’s appearance with a ball cap may look that age)
• Brown hair
• Medium build
• 5’06” to 5’08” (Height can vary above or below these approximations)

Police are asking the community to look through the pictures and call our tip line or send us an email with information that may identify the killer or where he may have got the cross from. Tip line: 303-658-4336 email: PDamberalert@cityofwestminster.us

Any questions regarding this press release or for an interview please contact Investigator Trevor Materasso at 303-658-4427 or through email at: tmateras@cityofwestminster.us

"Now this is what I'm talking about"! please share...

http://www.facebook.com/westminsterpolice?ref=stream

Westminster PD

9110 Yates Street, Westminster, CO.
(303) 658-4427

Westminster PD
6 minutes ago

For Immediate Release

Date – October 19, 2012

A cross recovered during the Jessica Ridgeway investigation could become a pivotal piece of evidence that helps authorities identify and locate Jessica’s killer. In an ongoing attempt to identify the predator responsible for the abduction and murder of Jessica Ridgeway, police are asking the public to look at several pictures to see if these will help lead police to the killer.

Police recovered a wooden cross that is approximately 1 ½ inches tall by 1 inch wide. The cross has a hole drilled through the upper part and appears that it can be or was worn on a necklace. On one side of the cross are three vertical bars etched onto the shorter horizontal section and a zig-zag pattern is carved onto the opposite side. The cross appears to be a solid piece of wood and the upper post portion is offset from the lower post below the short horizontal section.

Authorities are looking for someone who may carry or wear this type of cross, may have recently purchased one of these, or is known to have some association with one. Police are also looking for a local business that may sell these specific crosses. Police believe there may be a connection between the Jessica Ridgeway murder and the attempted abduction at Ketner Lake, and urge the public to specifically look for someone with a cross like this that matches the suspect’s description from Ketner Lake.

So ... on Westminster PD's facebook page, they have posted some pictures of some dark colored crosses with etchings. Any idea what those are?

It looks like the pictures of the cross are a possible clue to the suspect.

For Immediate Release

Date – October 19, 2012

• Light skinned male
• Brown hair
• Medium build

Police are asking the community to look through the pictures and call our tip line or send us an email with information that may identify the killer or where he may have got the cross from. Tip line: 303-658-4336 email: PDamberalert@cityofwestminster.us

Any questions regarding this press release or for an interview please contact Investigator Trevor Materasso at 303-658-4427 or through email at: tmateras@cityofwestminster.us
Great! Looks like they are making progress! Just got that update on Twitter from PD.

No clue DylansMom. I suspect they wanted to show a picture of a cross (since Jessica is deceased) and used an old hand carved one someone had in their office.

I don't think it relates to the investigation. Kind of a cool, old looking, hand crafted looking cross though don't you think?

No, it's related:

From Westminster PD facebook: https://www.facebook.com/westminsterpolice?ref=stream Several more pictures there.

292885_10151357379174305_1514935677_n.jpg

Ick. Creepy cross. I wonder if the three scratches are for the trinity, or notching his victims?

Any ideas about the three marks? I just got chills down my spine....

If the cross was worn around the perpetrators neck, would there not be skin cells on the wood? Maybe in the hole where the chain or rope would have gone from it sliding around the neck and through the hole?

The Westminster FB page has several pics of this cross:

For Immediate Release

Date – October 19, 2012

• Light skinned male
• Brown hair
• Medium build

!!!! We are going to catch this guy soon!!! What is the link to the facebook page and can you post pics of the cross?

Hello, just logging in and catching up. Looking forward to seeing what we've possibly come up with today. Going to make a post before though so I don't lose the train of thought with which I awoke.

Referring back to the location for where Jessica was likely abducted, and exploring each possible route:

Since police said "Jessica was last seen walking near 107th and Moore", I explored some possible routes last night in my previous posts. The routes briefly examined started from 107th and Moore, onward towards to the school. This route is based on the assumption there was a misconnection with J, they somehow missed each other, she made it past Chelsea Park and she continued onward to school alone, or something of the like. This starting point was based strictly on LE's report that she was last seen near the intersection of 107th and Moore. Well, after meditating on this last night, I don't think she made it to this point. I think the location of her abduction is somewhere between her home, J's and Chelsea Park, and not anymore past the above mentioned intersection.

Therefore, I'm going to omit the open space area, 105th, 106th, and the parking lot for now and go back to rewind. I am going to trace backward from this intersection, look at every possible place a perp could hide and/or park between this intersection, her house, J's house and Chelsea Park. Going to intensely scrutinze every bush, sidewalk, intersection, etc. If you were a predator, where would you park? Where would you hide? At what geographical point did they make contact?

holy crap! Of course I immediately want to begin picking apart this new info. Where was this cross found and how do they think it relates to Jessie's abductor?

I am wondering if it was

a) in the backpack / with the backpack

b) where remains were found

c) some third, unknown location

So if the rope indicates tire tracks, and the big turnabout area on the south shows that big arc, did he turn around and head back toward 93?

That is why I was asking about fog. If he had an idea in mind, it might have been easy to accidentally drive past and turn around, etc.

Although we have no idea when Jessica's body was put there.

Westminster Police on Friday say they recovered a 1-inch wooden cross during the investigation that authorities believe may help them find the killer of 10-year-old Jessica Ridgeway.
Police released photographs of the cross that could have been worn on a necklace and may "become a pivotal piece of evidence that helps authorities identify and locate Jessica's killer," according to a press release issued Friday afternoon.
They are asking for the public's help with find someone who may carry or wear this type of cross, may have purchased one or is known to have some association with this type of cross.
"Police are also looking for a local business that may sell these specific crosses," according to the release

Read more: Police find a cross that could lead them to Jessica Ridgeway's killer - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/breakingn...ss-that-could-lead-them-jessica#ixzz29mZEsF3z
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

--------

pictures also at this link

I'm new to this board and haven't posted lately, but have been reading the posts. I have been looking at the area on Google Earth. There is a little slide on the bottom that shows a time lapse of most of the maps. I think it starts about 1999 and ends around 2011. It is interesting because one can view how areas and neighborhoods have changed, and what vehicles were in different locations at different times. The only problem is that Google Earth says image date 2012, but when you go to street level, an earlier date shows up.

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_Earth"]Google Earth - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Here's a starting place to try to figure it out. There's been discussions about this in other case threads, and I know alot of satellite images don't reflect real time, but you're asking if and when they do? Not sure. :waitasec:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998