The 6 minute phone call when JH failed to talk to anyone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going by what RH claimed in LE interview -- per Stoddard on the stand, LE witnessed RH on the phone -- when asking him who he was talking to/asking him to get off the phone, he claimed he was telling someone "our baby is dead" and cursed at LE... later during questioning, RH stated that he wasn't talking to anyone.... call lasted SIX minutes... either he was lying on scene or lying during interview or both....

So.... we don't know

This 6mph call is important enough of a detail that it deserves its own thread. LE should have reports prepared by the first of Aug on the electronic equipment ie, ph mssgs, deleted files and images, etc on most of their devices. It is interesting that LE has not requested a warrant for any of LHs personal hitech toys. Interviewing JRHs contacts may prove to be time-consuming for LE. Does anyone anticipate a document dump before the Grand Jury is given the charges?

This 6mph call is important enough of a detail that it deserves its own thread. LE should have reports prepared by the first of Aug on the electronic equipment ie, ph mssgs, deleted files and images, etc on most of their devices. It is interesting that LE has not requested a warrant for any of LHs personal hitech toys. Interviewing JRHs contacts may prove to be time-consuming for LE. Does anyone anticipate a document dump before the Grand Jury is given the charges?

BBM -- totally agree, was just trying to explain to OP why the thread is titled the way it is from my perspective.

Do we know for sure that none of the tech listed on the warrants belong to LH? I remember that she wanted access to a laptop to get pictures of CH and LE wouldn't allow it.

But why did she ask someone to go with her to RH's job? What was the purpose of that?

Maybe she knew the plan was to have a witness when he was found. She just stuck with the plan.
Only my opinion

I don't anticipate there will be a doc. dump prior to the Grand Jury. JMO but I would think that would be showing LE's hand before the GJ had a chance to decide it was relevant to the charges or not. I could be wrong of course as I am not well versed in the legalities. Maybe someone that is can shed some light on that.

As for the 6 mph. You're right. He was either lying then or he's lying now.

I pick up he may have threatened her with leaving him in the car as punishment prior.

I do think his double life and pathological lying is part of why he decided to "accidently" forget Cooper. :(
But, it's no excuse and no accident. He's a dangerous psychopath.

I would have been shaky and panicked trying to call.

Maybe she knew the plan was to have a witness when he was found. She just stuck with the plan.
Only my opinion
Yes, thats my opinion too. Just like he needed witnesses. JMO.

But why did she ask someone to go with her to RH's job? What was the purpose of that?

Under the assumption she's innocent, her request to have the daycare worker come with her to RH's worksite parking lot makes a lot of sense. IMHO, all her actions after arriving at the daycare make sense.

She's just been told by CH's daycare teacher that he never arrived that day, and since this is his usual teacher and classroom it's not as though he was switched to another room without his teacher being informed, nor is it possible he was checked in but has somehow been wandering the facility unsupervised all day.

Her mind then racing through the possibilities, she knows she and RH don't have an alternate all-day babysitter lined up (I assume they didn't) nor would it make sense for RH to leave him with one when the daycare has been paid for.

She (I assume) knew there was no chance RH would be permitted to take the entire day off work to take CH anywhere, nor had he brought along any of the sippy cups, diapers, snacks a toddler would need. (I haven't heard any mention of a diaper bag being left in RH's car.)

She knew RH wouldn't have been allowed to take CH in to work with him.

So since CH can't be any of those places, she fears he's been left in the car. If your child was lost and you thought there was even the slightest chance he was in peril in a specific place, wouldn't you rush there first, if only to rule out the possibility?

I think she asked the daycare worker to come along because she wanted another person there to help rescue CH. Maybe she didn't have a key to RH's car and knew they'd have to break a window, and if there was a second person along, somebody could call 911 while the other rescued CH.

If she was guilty, she didn't need to ask the daycare worker to come along to have someone present when CH was found. She could have just as easily run into RH's workplace for help after finding CH in the car.

If you were told your child wasn't brought to care,my first thought would be that hubby took a fun day with the child.

It all hinges on what those two phone calls were all about.

If he talked about her picking CH up, then she had to be mystified. I would want to see the records, if there is a check in.

If she truly thought he was left in the car, I would call someone at his work and beg them to go out and look for the car because I would want CH saved. Maybe he would be OK! A mother always hopes

Well, I'm a believer that they are guilty. But I can see how the communication was orchestrated carefully.

1) RH texts "when you picking up my buddy?". So now, it appears to others that she gets clear information that he thinks he dropped CH off.
2) She gets there, and was told that he never dropped CH off. So now she is free to think that RH left CH in the car, because clearly, the earlier text implies that he thinks he dropped CH off, when in reality, he never did.

--What is bizarre is that she tries to call him atleast twice, according to the hearsay (*keeps* going to vm, implying more than one attempt). It will be interesting to see if she really did place calls.

--I don't believe that LE turns off confiscated phones, nor that they would ignore repeated calling by a family member, unless it was on vibrate. If LH claims it went "immediately to vm" but the phone was on, then it means that LE was declining, or that she never made the calls. LE was surely not placing outbound calls on RH's phone at the same time.

--Why wouldn't Ross mention anything about trying to reach his own wife or her calling back? "I NEED to tell her." or "She may try to call back. Her name is Leanne, and the caller ID shows it." Or, "can you call my wife? Her number is: blah blah."

--Being calm at the daycare isn't a big deal...what is a big deal is thinking that RH left CH in the car, and she already knows how deadly that is. So, if she really thought that CH was left in the car, then she should have called him a billion times, with many texts.

Jeeman

I set a timer @ 6m. When it stopped, I had forgotten about it and was dreaming of sugarplums.

Six minutes is a long time when waiting for someone as the LEO were waiting for JRH to complete his phone conversation. When he didn't obey them, LE ordered JRH to hand over his phone. He cursed [them].

If he planned the death of Cooper, why wouldn't he be seeking LEOs sympathy instead of cursing them? Or falling to his knees in a display of great agony? Or throwing himself over the body of his baby and begging for mercy?

JRH was placed inside a police cruiser after they took his phone away during which time he kept an unabashed glare on them from the backseat window. Sorry creep that he is, nary a tear fell from his vacant stare.

Happy Thanksgiving to Cooper in Heaven!

Any normal parent would have been wanting to hold their baby. I know that personally from experience. LE and coroner had to make us give the baby back to them because we didn't want to stop holding him. I find his behavior with the phone call very odd. I also believe he was surprised that he didn't get sympathy from the officers at the scene. Entitled people like him expect special treatment and can't quite control their responses when they don't get what they want.

Any normal parent would have been wanting to hold their baby. I know that personally from experience. LE and coroner had to make us give the baby back to them because we didn't want to stop holding him. I find his behavior with the phone call very odd. I also believe he was surprised that he didn't get sympathy from the officers at the scene. Entitled people like him expect special treatment and can't quite control their responses when they don't get what they want.

I'm sorry for your loss. I agree that JRH was mad because the scenario wasn't going as he'd envisioned in his head.

The ONLY thing I've been able to come up with as far as LH declining to see Cooper and wanting to go to the police station instead is that maybe she thought she'd go there first and then she and JRH would then go see Cooper together?

While his chats with investigators were cordial, one of the first officers to respond after Harris discovered his son, comatose, in the back of his SUV, testified the defendant was initially combative with police.

Detective Jacquelyn Piper said Harris refused when she instructed him to hang up his cell phone, then told a fellow officer who repeated the demand to “shut the (expletive) up!”

It’s unknown who Harris was talking with at the time, but, based on a request he made to Piper, it wasn’t his wife, Leanna.

Piper testified Harris asked her to call his wife because she was supposed to pick up their son from daycare.

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/crime-law/officer-ross-harris-combative-with-first-responder/nnfhs/

bbm

a great post and sorry also for your loss - I would be same, I just always try to insert me into the equation.

I forgot to quote from a couple of pages earlier - someone mentioned that if LH was shakey/panicking/crying then a daycare worker would have a duty of care to drive her (correct) but I believe LH actually drove the car, and TJ accompanied her? She drove? So her first thought was that her baby had been dying in a boiling hot car all day long, but she was ok to drive? Why would she need an independent witness with her at that point (rhetorical question :p )

I would NOT be on the phone. Maybe I avoid reality, but to call someone, and tell them my baby is dead would make it real, and I would be avoiding reality. But that's just me.

I would NOT be on the phone. Maybe I avoid reality, but to call someone, and tell them my baby is dead would make it real, and I would be avoiding reality. But that's just me.

Very thought provoking post, thinking about it I also can not "go there" completely in my head as the pain would be unimaginable. :frown:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arsongirlfriend