Confirmation Of Huckaby Suicide Attempt Prior to Arrest

Incredible. When we first heard of the possibility she swallowed razor blades, I really thought it was ridiculous. Wow...guess I was wrong. The suicide attempt doesn't surprise me, but the sharp blade swallowing thing is over the top.

With the drugs mentioned, the suicide attempt, and other things...sure sounds like an Insanity Plea is coming without a doubt. GRRRR!

I think she is insane. I also think she was sexually abused herself.

I think she did it. I also think she was probably abused the same way at some time.

That's my opinion also. She wrote the note during sixth grade that she wanted to die. Sure, some kids have depression because of chemical imbalance but some also have depression from abuse. How many people, especially women, would think of raping a little girl with a foreigh object unless this had happened to them some time during their life?

I do think she's mentally ill. If that's going to be her defense she may be one of the few that use it rightfully. Going off her meds could have made her do something like this, that her family would think was out of character. I don't excuse her for what she did, nor do I not want her to be punished. I just think that it gives a reason for why she did what she did. Once she had a moment of sanity she felt bad for what she had done and wanted to punish herself or end her life. I think she used the xacto knife blades because she thought it would be painful and she wanted to suffer just like Sandra probably did.

That's my opinion also. She wrote the note during sixth grade that she wanted to die. Sure, some kids have depression because of chemical imbalance but some also have depression from abuse. How many people, especially women, would think of raping a little girl with a foreigh object unless this had happened to them some time during their life?

I do think she's mentally ill. If that's going to be her defense she may be one of the few that use it rightfully. Going off her meds could have made her do something like this, that her family would think was out of character. I don't excuse her for what she did, nor do I not want her to be punished. I just think that it gives a reason for why she did what she did. Once she had a moment of sanity she felt bad for what she had done and wanted to punish herself or end her life. I think she used the xacto knife blades because she thought it would be painful and she wanted to suffer just like Sandra probably did.

I agree. I think this woman has been a walking wounded for a long time, holding in a lot of pain. I agree she will have to pay for what she has done. I do believe she is insane.

They are going to blame it on a psych break or blame it on her meds:

She said she does not believe her granddaughter could have committed the crime, unless "some freakish thing happened."
She said her granddaughter had been taking some psychotropic medication.

http://www.recordnet.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090415/A_NEWS/904150329

I wonder what "freakish thing" ? Like raping a little girl with a foreign object--does that sound like a freak accident, grandma Lawless?
I think the whole family is completely in denial. If Melissa had priors, the family HAD to have known she was deeply troubled.

They are going to blame it on a psych break or blame it on her meds:

She said she does not believe her granddaughter could have committed the crime, unless "some freakish thing happened."
She said her granddaughter had been taking some psychotropic medication.

http://www.recordnet.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090415/A_NEWS/904150329

Psychotropic medication can sometimes cause a person to lash out, but I wouldn't think it would cause a person to plan a murder. JMO

wow. Crazy. This is what I believe and would like to let everyone else know...

I do NOT believe in being able to plead insanity...I think thats a bunch of horse
manure....to put it nicely.

IMO ANYONE who kills another, other than self-defense...IS CRAZY...jmo

Very well said!

Wonder what the experts have to say about: cutting yourself internally.

I think she is insane. I also think she was sexually abused herself.
She knew right from wrong at the time she kidnapped, raped, and murdered Sandra. She made choices in the premeditation, choices during the act, and used rational thought to cover the crimes by placing Sandra in the bag then the pond. She lied to the police which show she knew what she had done was wrong. They can say the lies to the media were after her suicide attempt, but everything done before says she was sane enough at the time of the murder to face the DP, imo.

:smiliecup: for you Suzi. :)

Oh man, I see the insanity defense train coming down the tracks.

I agree. Maybe someone can sneak some razor blades in to her at the jail? :furious:

I wonder what "freakish thing" ? Like raping a little girl with a foreign object--does that sound like a freak accident, grandma Lawless?
I think the whole family is completely in denial. If Melissa had priors, the family HAD to have known she was deeply troubled.

I wonder if the raping with a foreign object could have caused internal injuries on little Sandra, which may have contributed to her death. Didn't they take a mattress as evidence?

well, she raped an 8 yo little girl, I call that freakish.

Does that convince you grandma?

No. She needs to wait on the sharpness of those 3 needles now. They are more effective than the 3 blades, evidently.

That did it for me. At first, I was kinda on the fence about whether she could have done this herself, but now I think she did. I would love know what was going through her head at the time, plus its amazing her own daughter is alive.

Anyone know where her daughter is now? Hope she is getting some counseling.

wow. Crazy. This is what I believe and would like to let everyone else know...

I do NOT believe in being able to plead insanity...I think thats a bunch of horse
manure....to put it nicely.

IMO ANYONE who kills another, other than self-defense...IS CRAZY...jmo

Might be wrong, but I think the key here is: Did she know right from wrong. And she did, which is evidenced by the way she tried to cover it up by her lies, the note, etc. Nonni

I wonder if the raping with a foreign object could have caused internal injuries on little Sandra, which may have contributed to her death. Didn't they take a mattress as evidence?
Yes. A rollaway bed was taken from the church into evidence.

We have no clue as to what the COD is yet. :( The horrors of what this child suffered at the hands of this evil woman we may not want to know.

I read that pedophiles usually choose a certain age group. I wonder what was happening to her when she was age 7-8? Could be when she was beginning to be molested? :waitasec:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back