Confirmation Of Huckaby Suicide Attempt Prior to Arrest

She knew right from wrong at the time she kidnapped, raped, and murdered Sandra. She made choices in the premeditation, choices during the act, and used rational thought to cover the crimes by placing Sandra in the bag then the pond. She lied to the police which show she knew what she had done was wrong. They can say the lies to the media were after her suicide attempt, but everything done before says she was sane enough at the time of the murder to face the DP, imo.

I'm betting she was sexually abused, terribly, at some time. I also bet she has not coped in her life. I find it sickening what she did. I also think some part of her probably is sickened by what she did too. She has to pay for what she did. I do feel she is insane.

I think she is insane. I also think she was sexually abused herself.

NOt taking issue with your post, but wondering out loud here...if she were insane would she have hidden the body? Wouldn't she have done like Andrea Yates? Course insanity and a psychotic break are not the same, close cousins but not the same. Defense might work with a psych break but IMHO an insanity defense won't fly.

That's my opinion also. She wrote the note during sixth grade that she wanted to die. Sure, some kids have depression because of chemical imbalance but some also have depression from abuse. How many people, especially women, would think of raping a little girl with a foreigh object unless this had happened to them some time during their life?

WHOA, just got a vision of Patsy Ramsey.......wow

So true. BTW, exactly HOW do you swallow 3 exacto knife blades?

That's what I'm wondering...it would seem that she would have extensive internal injuries - espeically being that she swallowed "3"! Just seems to me that she would be having surgery - and not out of the hospital as fast as she was....hhmm....

But, all in all - she is one sick woman.

For what it's worth, wasn't sure to put this somewhere
else or not. Move or remove if this confirmation has already
been brought up. LC

Accused Tracy Murderer Tried To Kill Herself
TRACY (CBS 5 / AP) ―

I will preface this by saying this is just thinking out loud--While I would have no problem believing this, I am wondering if this is the whole, correct story. Press has been known to make mistakes, especially in a fast moving case. I don't think Nancy Grace even LOOKED at the video of her in court yesterday the way she was talking about it. It's illegal to release medical records, so who was their source? The family, in some weird way trying to make people feel sorry for her?

Don't know how anyone could swallow such a sharp object. Unless she wrapped a soft food (such as cheese) around the sharp blades, you would think extensive damage to her throat would be likely.

Her family is in some big kind of denial. They told reporters that Melissa had "digestive troubles" and "stomach ulcers".

I'm glad someone else asked that question. I was sitting here trying to picture how she would be able to choke the blades down.

I read that pedophiles usually choose a certain age group. I wonder what was happening to her when she was age 7-8? Could be when she was beginning to be molested? :waitasec:
It is possible, but I would hope people don't jump to that conclusion or the implication it had to be someone from her family.

I'm betting she was sexually abused, terribly, at some time. I also bet she has not coped in her life. I find it sickening what she did. I also think some part of her probably is sickened by what she did too. She has to pay for what she did. I do feel she is insane.

No question that she meets the legal test of sanity, which is pretty low, and mens rea specific - she knew she was doing wrong, and did it anyway.

That doesn't mean she doesn't have delusions or mania or obsessions or abnormal impulses.

No question that she meets the legal test of sanity, which is pretty low, and mens rea specific - she knew she was doing wrong, and did it anyway.

That doesn't mean she doesn't have delusions or mania or obsessions or abnormal impulses.

Sarah, is the insanity defense so narrow? Does it always come down to that one question?

I don't take for granted MH was ever molested. Her letters to her HS friend "Emmabella" indicate she was considering suicide over problems and that she was just unwanted, "in the way" and no one would miss her. I think she was furious, angry, that she felt supplanted by the families young foster/adopted daughter.

I wouldn't be surprised to find out she acted out her aggression against the young family addition, who was 7-8. She might have developed a taste for harming young girls as a result of her taking out her anger on her rival/replacement.

All they are saying is that she is with family members...could be her father and step mother or others.

So now we know she is in great hands....NOT...

Sorry, I know I am being too judgmental at this point, until we know for sure whether Melissa was sexually abused by someone in her family...The immediate Lawless family may not be murderers but I don't think they are the best caregivers in the world. I guess it may be a tad better than putting little (redacted) into the child protective care system.

I'm thinking by using a piece of bread, or inside a piece of hot dog or something. The blades are pretty small.

Maybe she swallowed them and immediately brought herself to the hospital intentionally to set up her insanity plea.

Sarah, is the insanity defense so narrow? Does it always come down to that one question?

The legal question is very nearly that simple. It has nothing to do with medical insanity, really. Legal insanity is defined in most places as not understanding the difference between right and wrong, and sometimes as committing the [otherwise criminal] act as a result of an uncontrollable impulse.

However, a completely delusional person, like Colin Ferguson, may be found sane because he understood well enough that he was committing revenge killings in violation of the law.

Yes. The legal definition of insanity is whether the person knew what they were doing was right or wrong. And her actions after the murder prove that she knew right from wrong.

Maybe she swallowed them and immediately brought herself to the hospital intentionally to set up her insanity plea.

I was wondering myself how she got to the hospital. If she went by herself, 911 or a family member. I am shocked that all the family members seemed surprised and never mentioned or alluded to the "suicide attempt". They had to wonder about that wouldn't you think? IMO

The legal question is very nearly that simple. It has nothing to do with medical insanity, really. Legal insanity is defined in most places as not understanding the difference between right and wrong, and sometimes as committing the [otherwise criminal] act as a result of an uncontrollable impulse.

However, a completely delusional person, like Colin Ferguson, may be found sane because he understood well enough that he was committing revenge killings in violation of the law.

Where does our reasoning come into the formula? Is it in the sentencing?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back