NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, Allegedly sold by mother 11/10/09 #27

Status
Not open for further replies.
Truthfully I am all over the place with this case lately. It is so, so very close to my heart... and today I spent several hours with a cop involved who truly feels (and this is not the sort of person you would ever expect to be hearing this from) that everyone involved- everyone- needs to be gone, locked up, safe from other children the world, you name it- etc.... for as long as possible.
I agree.
I feel there is little use in debating who saw or heard or stood by and did nothing...the reality of it is- this child was neglected, abused and murdered and we can do something to prevent this hell on earth from happening to other children in the future.
Please....lets watch our children, and the other children in our lives. Just one weak link, if someone were watching and willing to take action, could have broken this cycle.

I do believe they will nail down what changes they can prove without a doubt...and that will be at least 3 if not more of the links in this chain.

JMHO.

Oriah

Shaniya- you are NOT forgotten.

Oriah, I agree with your post 100%. You know, many of us are probably guilty of going through life without thinking through our actions, how one little thing can affect a whole chain of events. Shaniya's story has made me stop and think more about what I see, hear and DO. That's the one positive out of this whole sorry, horrible way Shaniya lived at the end and died.

Oriah, I agree with your post 100%. You know, many of us are probably guilty of going through life without thinking through our actions, how one little thing can affect a whole chain of events. Shaniya's story has made me stop and think more about what I see, hear and DO. That's the one positive out of this whole sorry, horrible way Shaniya lived at the end and died.

I agree 100%. That is the one and ONLY positive that this baby's death has done. I hope somewhere, somehow, she knows that.

Why isn't WRAL covering the court appearances for this case????

How did this go from 24/7 coverage to not even covering news at all on the case? I don't get it.

How did this go from 24/7 coverage to not even covering news at all on the case? I don't get it.
Antoinette Nicole Davis is scheduled to appear in the Cumberland County Courthouse on February 18, 2010. Many have been confused about court dates surrounding the Shaniya Davis case.
The North Carolina Court System website has offered little in detail, if any at all, sending mixed signals to researchers of the Shaniya Davis case. However, the District Attorney's office has confirmed that the next court date for Antoinette Davis will be February 18, 2010 in the Cumberland County Courthouse.
Antoinette Davis, 25, was charged with human trafficking, felony child abuse involving prostitution, filing a false police report and interfering with a police investigation. Davis has not been charged with the murder of Shaniya Davis, her biological daughter.
Antoinette Davis remains in the North Carolina Correctional Institution for Women in Raleigh just 2.44 miles from Central Prison where Mario McNeill is located.
Mario McNeill, 29, was charged with first-degree kidnapping, first-degree rape and first-degree murder. McNeill's next court date will be tomorrow in courtroom 2B surrounding the kidnapping charges as it too may not bring new updates to the case surrounding murdered Shaniya Davis. His second February court date will be on February 27th.
http://www.examiner.com/x-17800-Ral...Updates--Antoinette-Davis-February-court-date

The court cal shows MAM for today right?

He's on the list of cases for today in courtroom 2B

COURT DATE: 01/27/10 TIME: 09:00 AM COURTROOM NUMBER: 002B
(took other defendants out)

260 09CR 066040 MCNEIL,MARIO,ANDRETTE BOWMAN,T FPD
AKA: MCNEILL,MARIO,ANDRET
(F)FIRST DEGREE MURDER PLEA: VER:
CLS:A P: L: JUDGMENT:

261 09CR 066041 MCNEIL,MARIO,ANDRETTE BOWMAN,T FPD
AKA: MCNEILL,MARIO,ANDRET
BOND: $100,000 SEC
(F)FIRST DEGREE RAPE CHILD PLEA: VER:
CLS:B1 P: L: JUDGMENT:

Sadly, there really isn't any news for them to report. So far all the court dates have been postponed. The media reported that MAM is being housed at Ralegh's Central Prison, however, according the the NC DOC his "current incarceration record is unavailable at this time."
http://webapps6.doc.state.nc.us/opi...turl=pagelistoffendersearchresults&listpage=1

Sadly, there really isn't any news for them to report. So far all the court dates have been postponed. The media reported that MAM is being housed at Ralegh's Central Prison, however, according the the NC DOC his "current incarceration record is unavailable at this time."
http://webapps6.doc.state.nc.us/opi...turl=pagelistoffendersearchresults&listpage=1

Thanks.

I would think if he was to be in court today and it's still on the calendar, a snippet in the news just saying it has been postponed would be great. Just to let people know what's going on.

Some people like me have alerts on their phone for court dates. lol

Anyway, thanks again.

ETA: WOW - from your link...I am fumeing again!!!! His record is horrible. WHY WAS HE OUT AND ABOUT????? HE SHOULD HAVE BEEN STILL BEHIND BARS AND MAYBE SHANIYA WOULD STILL BE ALIVE!!!!

Thanks.

I would think if he was to be in court today and it's still on the calendar, a snippet in the news just saying it has been postponed would be great. Just to let people know what's going on.

Anyway, thanks again.

ETA: WOW - from your link...I am fumeing again!!!! His record is horrible. WHY WAS HE OUT AND ABOUT????? HE SHOULD HAVE BEEN STILL BEHIND BARS AND MAYBE SHANIYA WOULD STILL BE ALIVE!!!!

You are RIGHT!! He is a seriously violent threat to society...what were they thinking?

Thanks.

Anyway, thanks again.

I doubt that MAM was in court today. If the charges will be heard in the order they were applied then the rape and murder would come after the kidnapping charge which has been postponed. They might consolidate all the charges and then there would be yet another court date. Unless he enters a guilty on all charges I don't expect MAM or AD to appear for several months.

Then, there is the pregnancy and AD is probably showing by now, pictures of her in that state might not be what anyone (i.e. state or defense) wants shown to the public.

Looking for a brief article I read today right now....

Truthfully I am all over the place with this case lately. It is so, so very close to my heart... and today I spent several hours with a cop involved who truly feels (and this is not the sort of person you would ever expect to be hearing this from) that everyone involved- everyone- needs to be gone, locked up, safe from other children the world, you name it- etc.... for as long as possible.
I agree.
I feel there is little use in debating who saw or heard or stood by and did nothing...the reality of it is- this child was neglected, abused and murdered and we can do something to prevent this hell on earth from happening to other children in the future.
Please....lets watch our children, and the other children in our lives. Just one weak link, if someone were watching and willing to take action, could have broken this cycle.

I do believe they will nail down what changes they can prove without a doubt...and that will be at least 3 if not more of the links in this chain.

JMHO.

Oriah

Shaniya- you are NOT forgotten.
Between the Shaniya case and the JC Lee Dugard case I stopped believing in the law as we knew it, In a fair trial as we know it. :(
Both cases involve corrupt LE, and OR hiding information :( :( :(
Both cases are draped in red flags... MOO - I USED to be an idealist, that is gone.

I realize they cant prove everything...and have to go with what they can prove, but some things just do not and will not make any sense to me, starting with why is it talking this long to charge them formally.
My suspicion is that they do not want the word "trafficking" to upset the Area known for trafficking, but you can not dance around that.

OMG!!!! He had sexually explicit pictures of a black child under the age of 10 on his cell phone!!!! My first thought was it must have been Shaniya, but the article seemed to imply it wasn't. So this hateful b*s***d must have done this before! No telling how many times. IMO gives drugs to women he knows can't pay for them then offers to cancel the debt for time with their daughters. I'm sick!!!!

I can't get his face out of my head and I believe I have truly seen evil!!!!!

OMG!!!! He had sexually explicit pictures of a black child under the age of 10 on his cell phone!!!! My first thought was it must have been Shaniya, but the article seemed to imply it wasn't. So this hateful b*s***d must have done this before! No telling how many times. IMO gives drugs to women he knows can't pay for them then offers to cancel the debt for time with their daughters. I'm sick!!!!

I can't get his face out of my head and I believe I have truly seen evil!!!!!

The child on MAM's :loser: phone has certainly been identified, I too feel it was not Shaniya.
Instead of having pressers, LE sealed the warrants and allowed a judge to decide what and when the warrants would be unsealed.

The 7 year old was likely a wealth of info, he described a man in dreads when the adults present failed to. God Bless his little heart :angel:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member