17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would TM use the word "Homie" with George ? As far as I know the word homie is term of endearment , such as "hi homie what's up" ?
my son's friend used homie when he introduced one of his friends to my son, he said "this is so n so he's one of my homie's". (good friends)

I just don't see Trayvon using it with a complete stranger who's stalking him. :moo:

I have heard it reported that TM used the term "homes" to GZ. I make no statement as to the veracity of that claim but simply verify that I have seen it reported as "homes" not "homie"

I have heard this term used (although not recently) among hispanic culture in addition to the "homie" people tend to associate with rap or young AA Culture (also have not heard that term used in a while FWIW).

As a Mexican-American slang word created in Southern California with the early 20th century cholo style generation, the term can be traced back to fact-based films such as Boulevard Nights (dramatizing their culture from 1975–1978), Blood In Blood Out/Bound By Honor (1972-1984 culture), and American Me (1940-50s culture)

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homie"]Homie - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

I do not have a clue about insurance for wrongful death.
I just know that given the situation at hand, they will be making a lot of money. I do not blame them, but they will.

Life insurance is payment for a death. Wrongful death suits are for the victim's family. Insurance policies to cover wrongful death claims would be covered under some type of liability insurance. jmo

"Homie" is a much more appropriate "term of endearment" then what Zimmerman's friend considers a "term of endearment."

GZ referred to Trayvon as an *advertiser censored**hole in the first seconds he every laid eyes on him.

Usually foundations are set up to do good things. Not everyone is G&C. jmo

Saying that "not everyone is G&C" is stepping on the soft pedal. Thankfully.

JMO

I applaud the Martins, Mr. Crump and all of Trayvon's supporters for putting together their media plan. Had they not done that, this case would go on the dump-heap of history which so many cases involving people of color do. People cry about the demonstrators and agitators, if it was not for them, this case would be treated exactly the way SPD treated it in the first hours. A dead Black kid, who cares? It's sad, but that's the only way to get justice.

Laci Peterson Foundation
The Natalee Holloway Foundation
Carole Sund Foundation
The Jennifer Kesse Trust

I hope everyday for justice for Trayvon and his family. I totally support the efforts being put forth to remember and honor his life.

I applaud the Martins, Mr. Crump and all of Trayvon's supporters for putting together their media plan. Had they not done that, this case would go on the dump-heap of history which so many cases involving people of color do. People cry about the demonstrators and agitators, if it was not for them, this case would be treated exactly the way SPD treated it in the first hours. A dead Black kid, who cares? It's sad, but that's the only way to get justice.

I applaud my fellow American citizens, of all races, who are standing side by side with the Martin Family. I feel a great sense of pride when I see all the rally's and marches and so many people have shown up to support them.

I do think race had a role in this case. I think if Trayvon had been white, there would have been an arrest. If Trayvon would have been the son of a Police Officer, George Zimmerman would have never walked out of that police station that night. It's sad, but true... and a lot of my fellow American's see it too and it is not something that should be ignored.

MOO

If the term Homes or Homie was used by TM (which I tend to doubt) I think it was the term "homes" and if so it was said in a derogatory fashion, as I have seen non hispanics refer sarcastically to hispanics in that manner as a sort of baiting technique. Sounds friendly but is really insulting because of the very evident fact that the speaker is not your buddy.

Again

I have not seen it confirmed those words were spoken by TM and I tend not to believe them as IME young people his age do not use that term in either way.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...yvonbre8320uk-20120403,0,2751266.story?page=1

Tracy Martin had been looking for his son Trayvon since the night before.

An attorney herself, she knew whom to call: Benjamin Crump, the state's best-known civil rights attorney, based in Tallahassee. Crump and law partner Daryl Parks had previously gained renown representing the family of a black teenager who died in a boot-camp-style youth detention center in 2006, winning the boy's family $7.2 million in damages from the state of Florida and Bay County.

Now Crump and Jackson needed a media strategy. On March 5, Jackson brought in Ryan Julison, a publicist who had worked with her on a number of high-profile cases. After speaking with Tracy Martin, Julison said he also took the job for free and went to work pitching the story to national media.

Crump knew from his experience on the boot-camp case that publicity could force officials to act, but it would require persuading two people who had never stood before a television camera to withstand the spotlight.

"I got on the phone with Tracy Martin and I told him, ‘It's not going to be any fun, but this is the only way to find justice,'" Julison said. "You are going to have to bare your soul and express your emotions and your inner grief." Martin and Fulton agreed. There was only one problem. At first, the media weren't interested. Julison pitched the story to a long list of media contacts.

Eventually, on March 7, Reuters published a story titled "Family of Florida Boy Killed by Neighborhood Watch Seeks Arrest." The next day, CBS News aired a segment on "This Morning," and by 10 a.m. a crowd of reporters gathered at Natalie Jackson's law office for a news conference with Ben Crump and Tracy Martin. A media firestorm had begun.

The article is three pages long.

I find this part very interesting. I presume that the re enactment was post that 8.00 am time on the same day. Wonder why Mr Martin was not invited but GZ's daddy was. Am sure Mr Martin would have been very interested instead of that loaded verbal account from the detective..

"Instead of one squad car with his son in the backseat, three vehicles pulled up: a police cruiser, an unmarked sedan and another official-looking car. Martin would discover the third car belonged to a chaplain.

It was not yet 8 in the morning, barely 12 hours since the shooting that took place about 100 yards away, and Martin was still unaware of the fate of his son."

I hope everyday for justice for Trayvon and his family. I totally support the efforts being put forth to remember and honor his life.

Plus these foundations are set up because people do want to help them and that money starts to come in and the Martin's don't want this money rolling through their checkbooks, nor did Tim Miller, so the money goes into an account that is held by a bank or law firm. It's held there until it is determined how the money will be distributed for expenses, charties, etc. I think the last thing on their minds right now is money. I think they want the truth and apparently the truth is very expensive in Sanford these days. jmo

Sadly it takes money to get justice when police lie on their reports.

I find this part very interesting. I presume that the re enactment was post that 8.00 am time on the same day. Wonder why Mr Martin was not invited but GZ's daddy was. Am sure Mr Martin would have been very interested instead of that loaded verbal account from the detective..

"Instead of one squad car with his son in the backseat, three vehicles pulled up: a police cruiser, an unmarked sedan and another official-looking car. Martin would discover the third car belonged to a chaplain.

It was not yet 8 in the morning, barely 12 hours since the shooting that took place about 100 yards away, and Martin was still unaware of the fate of his son."

It's possible he called LE first to ask about TM because he heard about there being trouble out in the back the night before. jmo

Trayvon Martin's Girlfriend Interviewed By Prosecutors

"Trayvon's girlfriend was interviewed by the two district attorneys that Special Prosecutor Angela Corey appointed to the case," a source tells RadarOnline.com. "She was interviewed last week and her mother was present throughout. She was very forthcoming and had pertinent information to the investigation because she was the last person that talked to Trayvon before George Zimmerman shot and killed him. It was extremely emotional for her and her mother wanted to make sure it wasn't too much for her. She would be a very compelling witness for the state of Florida if criminal charges are filed against George Zimmmerman."

The Florida State Attorney's Office has issued a subpoena for Trayvon's girlfriend to appear in front of the grand jury when it's impaneled on April 10.

More at link…

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2012/04/trayvon-martin-girlfriend-interviewed-prosecutors

George didn't know what homie meant...........he thought it was a slam.

That is why I believe GZ came up with that word all on his own, thinking it was a slam, he thought it would bolster his story.
Same thing with "you got me" I saw an old western the other day where that phrase was used. I have to say it made me giggle when I heard it :giggle:
JMO

"Trayvon's girlfriend was interviewed by the two district attorneys that Special Prosecutor Angela Corey appointed to the case," a source tells RadarOnline.com. "She was interviewed last week and her mother was present throughout. She was very forthcoming and had pertinent information to the investigation because she was the last person that talked to Trayvon before George Zimmerman shot and killed him. It was extremely emotional for her and her mother wanted to make sure it wasn't too much for her. She would be a very compelling witness for the state of Florida if criminal charges are filed against George Zimmmerman."

The Florida State Attorney's Office has issued a subpoena for Trayvon's girlfriend to appear in front of the grand jury when it's impaneled on April 10.

More at link…

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2012/04/trayvon-martin-girlfriend-interviewed-prosecutors

Poor kid. I wish she didn't have to go through this. Sending prayers of strength her way. :please::please:

If the term Homes or Homie was used by TM (which I tend to doubt) I think it was the term "homes" and if so it was said in a derogatory fashion, as I have seen non hispanics refer sarcastically to hispanics in that manner as a sort of baiting technique. Sounds friendly but is really insulting because of the very evident fact that the speaker is not your buddy.

Again

I have not seen it confirmed those words were spoken by TM and I tend not to believe them as IME young people his age do not use that term in either way.

me thinks somebody with a gun watched too many movies.

JMO MOO IMO

More at link…

Sounds like the SA is having a Grand Jury.

done so much good by being such dignified and respectful representatives of their son. They are not screaming for blood but instead demanding justice, for the system to work as it should have. It is beyond clear to most people of good will that this was a coverup in the making and that absent the public attention the family was able to garner NOTHING more would have ever been heard or said about this case. I applaud them for being smart and savvy enought to call on Mr. Crump-I can't express enough how they did EXACTLY the right thing.

I would like to believe race didn't play a role here. But that wouldn't be true or consistent with the evidence, whether GZ's assumtions about the black boy up to no good or the police on the scene's assumptions about who TM was, certainly not a lawful resident of the complex but just some John Doe with a toe tag in the morgue, shot dead and left to be forgotten.

I hope that this case and the family foundation change things over time so that this type of tragedy is much less likely to happen. How anyone can disparage these poor people is beyond my comprehension. Yet, I continue to read the vilest suggestions about this victim and his family in every forum and I see just how far we have yet to go until justice is color blind in this country.

I applaud my fellow American citizens, of all races, who are standing side by side with the Martin Family. I feel a great sense of pride when I see all the rally's and marches and so many people have shown up to support them.

I do think race had a role in this case. I think if Trayvon had been white, there would have been an arrest. If Trayvon would have been the son of a Police Officer, George Zimmerman would have never walked out of that police station that night. It's sad, but true... and a lot of my fellow American's see it too and it is not something that should be ignored.

MOO

I have heard it reported that TM used the term "homes" to GZ. I make no statement as to the veracity of that claim but simply verify that I have seen it reported as "homes" not "homie"

I have heard this term used (although not recently) among hispanic culture in addition to the "homie" people tend to associate with rap or young AA Culture (also have not heard that term used in a while FWIW).

As a Mexican-American slang word created in Southern California with the early 20th century cholo style generation, the term can be traced back to fact-based films such as Boulevard Nights (dramatizing their culture from 1975–1978), Blood In Blood Out/Bound By Honor (1972-1984 culture), and American Me (1940-50s culture)

Homie - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So the term "homie" is used among the hispanic culture, hmmmmmm interesting isn't it that Zimmerman Sr. is the FIRST to bring this word up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46