PA - Lindy Sue Biechler, 19, fatally stabbed, Lancaster County, 5 Dec 1975 *arrest in 2022*

Someone asked about groceries being put away. I didn't find any info about whether they were put away or not, but Lindy had just cashed the husband's and her paycheck. From the reports and time frame, it seemed that she was in the grocery store a good while and might have had quite a bit to carry in. Police think someone might have slipped in while she was doing this. We all know ( at least those of us who don't have an enclosed garage) how we go back and forth and in and out carrying in our groceries leaving the door open or unlocked. Poor Lindy may not have thought of anyone slipping into her home while her back was turned.

You know - what about Ted Bundy as a suspect? He was active in 1975 and he was a transient. The alleged attempted sexual assault, the visciousness and Lindy's appearence all fit his profile. I don't think it is like Bundy to send a letter after the murder and he most-likely would have confessed to killing her when he confessed to all the other murders. Just an idea.

LE seem pretty convinced the killer was someone Lindy knew.

One more interesting thing. Lindy was killed on a Friday. EVERY confirmed Zodiac victim was killed on a Friday,Saturday,or Sunday. In addition,
Judith Ann Hakari and Nancy Bennallack as i posted about above ,were killed on the weekend. Also,I have found many more women that were possible Zodiac victims that were killed ONLY on weekends.

Judith Ann Hakari as i posted above,wasnt attacked inside her apartment,but police believe she was attacked in the parking lot of her apartment. Another woman who was attacked possibly in her apartment parking Lot,and who is considered by MANY to be a Zodiac victim,is Donna Lass from Lake Tahoe. Her car was found in her apartment parking lot. She was also,a nurse like some of the other victims. I have discovered many of these possible Zodiac victims were nurses,worked in the medical field,etc,so maybe theres a connection there to the medical field? Anyway,i dont want to get too far off topic,since this thread is the Lindy thread. I will keep to the topic of the things that do directly match up with her case.

Dang Morf13,
You have been busy. Were the Zodiac and Ted Bundy murders going on at the same time? I wonder if they could be one in the same, if Ted could have been the Zodiac. I have never studied either one so I could be way off on that. Did the murders in Ca. just stop all of a sudden?
I would love to read the newspaper articles on Lindy from the time it happened, but I don't think anything on the web goes back that far.

Still really upset I can not find anything on Mary Ann Bagenstose just articles that say she disappeared, but they are in with stories about Lindy and Christy. Hope you hear something back from the police.

Dang Morf13,
You have been busy. Were the Zodiac and Ted Bundy murders going on at the same time? I wonder if they could be one in the same, if Ted could have been the Zodiac. I have never studied either one so I could be way off on that. Did the murders in Ca. just stop all of a sudden?
I would love to read the newspaper articles on Lindy from the time it happened, but I don't think anything on the web goes back that far.

Still really upset I can not find anything on Mary Ann Bagenstose just articles that say she disappeared, but they are in with stories about Lindy and Christy. Hope you hear something back from the police.

Really dont think Ted B could have been the Zodiac,he was all over the country killing people,where the Zodiac was local(unless its proven he was involved with Lindys death) From the looks of it,there were multiple serial killers operating in Calif in the 60's and 70's,some victims shot,some stabbed,some strangled,some raped,some not raped,and on and on,almost impossible to figure out who killed who. There were some concentrated confirmed Zodiac murders in and around Vallejo and San Fran. Then you have some murders that i posted about 50 miles away in Sacramento area. On one hand they look like they could be Zodiac attacks,but i could see where they were not.

Zodiac attacked couples primarily on isolated lovers lane areas (3 confirmed couples in all) The Sacramento area murders were not the same style,they were not lovers lane murders. But then again,Zodiac claimed that he was going to stop announcing his murders,and change the way he murdered,which could mean it was still him that was responsible.

Its a real mess trying to sort it all out,and unless some rock solid evidence like prints,or DNA links stuff together, we will probably never know what's what.

Really dont think Ted B could have been the Zodiac,he was all over the country killing people,where the Zodiac was local(unless its proven he was involved with Lindys death).

Hi - I meant Bundy as a suspect just in Lindy's murder not as being the actual Zodiac killer.

Bundy liked to hang around college towns and he liked long haired brunettes.

was over in the Betsy Aardsma thread discussing a possible link between Lindys' killer and Betsy's killer,and possibly to the Zodiac. Posted the following:
Quote:
Originally Posted by morf13
I have read that some people think Betsy's murder could be related to Lancaster PA murder victim, Lindy Biechler.
Regarding Biechler,i posted that her case,and the anonymous letters received,closely mirror the Zodiac killer MO from Calif. Heres a link to what i posted:
Lindy Biechler(19) Murdered in her home, 1975, Still Unsolved - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

If these two murders are connected,then there is Cheri Jo Bates who is thought by many to be a Zodiac victim. She was killed after leaving a college library. Heres her story:
http://www.zodiackiller.com/Bates.html

Would love to see whether Betsy and Lindy's murders can be linked together.

Regarding Dr. Richard Haefner,I have dug up some possible ties of him,to California. Unfortunately,i have NOT been able to find a photo,but i DID find a description of him calling him "lanky and bespectacled"(wearing glasses) so he doesnt sound like the "fat and beautful" type from the Lindy Biechler letter. However, i have found SEVERAL articles written by him regarding his work as a geologist,and studies he did in California. Perhaps this is what makes him familiar with Zodiac,was being in Calif. for his job& studies?

Morf13,
Darn I just found another Lancaster co., Pa. unsolved murder her name was Carrie Marshall she was found inside her apartment multiple stab wounds 12/7/1987 I found this on a site for unsolved murders but not a state site. If I am allowed to post links I will, can I?

Morf13,
Darn I just found another Lancaster co., Pa. unsolved murder her name was Carrie Marshall she was found inside her apartment multiple stab wounds 12/7/1987 I found this on a site for unsolved murders but not a state site. If I am allowed to post links I will, can I?

Sure,everyone else does. Sounds interesting!

What is really upsetting is I have never seen this before, just like Mary Bagenstose nothing is listed anywhere about them not on the county or state pages.

If you look around that site there is a map on one of the pages that the FBI is using to track bodies that are found along highways, they think truck drivers dump the bodies.

That has to be morf13.

I just now realized that you are from Lancaster, PA. I came across something about a suspected serial killer in Lancaster the other day but now I don't remember hardly anything about what I read. I will try to find it again......not to make you paranoid or anything :)

Yeah ok, not to make me paranoid or anything. Laughing just kidding, I am so upset that Lancaster don't have these crimes listed somewhere and I have to go hunt them down, I am sure there are lots more.

That has to be morf13.

I just now realized that you are from Lancaster, PA. I came across something about a suspected serial killer in Lancaster the other day but now I don't remember hardly anything about what I read. I will try to find it again......not to make you paranoid or anything :)

I went to the site www.newspaperarchive.com
and i searched for the follwoing searches in ALL pennsylvania newspapers for the years 1971-1981:

"UNSOLVED MURDERS"
"FOUND SHOT"
"Lovers Lane"
"Unsolved shootings"
"shootings"
"found dead"

etc,etc,and surprisingly,i found VERY FEW hits for eastern PA,but i found a ton of hits in western PA near Pittsbugh,i think it was washington Twp are,if i am not mistaken. There definately seemd to be a serial killer operating there in the 70's

Well it wasnt me,but its posted on there 3 days after i posted the same exact thing here,so maybe its "borrowed" from me? :laugh:

Really? That's interesting. I thought for sure that was you.

In that case then I love it that this person said as far as they new they were the only ones to have made this connection between the letter in Lindy's murder case and Zodiac.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back