Armchair psych profile and personal background

Status
Not open for further replies.
The accused killer`s second court appearance today. His lawyer may request a psych evaluation and if the judge approves he`ll be sent on a 30 day vacation....errr evaluation at Pinel Institute.

http://www.680news.com/news/nationa...due-to-make-second-court-appearance-via-video

Hope the judge refuses. Ha! One can dream, right.

http://www.pinel.qc.ca/GeneralList.aspx?NavID=60&CultureCode=en-CA

From what I read in the wee hours this morning, man I need some sleep, lol, on the policy of "suicide watch" in the Canadian Penitentiary services that when this is invoked the detainee must be seen by a psychiatrist within the first 24 hours of he/she who is in a "suicide watch" situation.
Now it doesn't say that this is the same as being granted by the judge a 30 day psych assessment but he will at least get to be seen by a psychologist today.

I'm using your post to ask my question. Why do some think he was rejected in the real world? Do we have anything concrete that this is/was indeed the case?

Also, how would you or anyone else define "rejection" in his case? Rejected by partners? Rejected by employers?

IMO, we're giving him way too much credit (perhaps even excuses) for his narcissistic/psychopath personalty and interpreting some of these traits as mental illness.

Thanks ~n/t~ for raising those important questions.

The fact that the evidence is strong to indicate that he had no real world relationships/friendships in the last 18 months.

In the few insights we've been exposed to by former friends and dates, it seemed like his red flags and lies shined through his seemingly normal exterior which led to the loss of friendships, relationships.

One of the easiest examples to help support the lack of real world friendships/relationships in the last 18 months is the complete lack of a simple happy birthday exchange on any of his social media outlets.

In my mind, he was isolated to the point that his virtual life became his only life.

Edit: Forgot to address one of your most excellent points ~n/t~ so I'll re-quote it here:
IMO, we're giving him way too much credit (perhaps even excuses) for his narcissistic/psychopath personalty and interpreting some of these traits as mental illness.
I completely agree with this thought.

That's just my opinion, I could be wrong.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S II

I wonder why LM seemed to especially want Russians to see him as a sk?

http://www2.macleans.ca/2012/06/18/are-you-luka-magnottas-facebook-friend/

Then, under Personal Information — activities, interests, favorite music and so on —the same phrase appears over and over and over in Russian Cyrillic script:

“серийный убийца”

Over and over. Seven times in all: “серийный убийца.”

“Cерийный убийца” is Russian for “serial killer.”

It is subtle but the pauses are there especially in the interview at the news station about KH...

is there a link to this video? i dont believe ive seen it.

in fact, do we have a place/thread that includes links to all his media/news/auditon videos? i think that would be useful....1 place to to find all the videos. forgive me if its here. so much stuff/threads now....im having a hard time.

is there a link to this video? i dont believe ive seen it.

in fact, do we have a place/thread that includes links to all his media/news/auditon videos? i think that would be useful....1 place to to find all the videos. forgive me if its here. so much stuff/threads now....im having a hard time.

Yes, it should be included in this thread: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=174523 which is still very much a work in progress (apologies if those specific videos are not currently there, but let me know I'd be happy to pull them and post them there if they're not)

He will likely remain at R.D.P. unless a judge agrees Thursday to a psychiatric evaluation, in which case he would likely be moved next door to the Pinel mental hospital.

The head of the jail guards’ union said that while the charges facing Magnotta are serious, he doesn’t think the former *advertiser censored* actor poses the same threat level as top biker leaders or Mafiosi.

An unprecedented security contingent, including police vans, motorcycles and border services trucks, greeted Magnotta when he arrived in Canada via military jet on Monday.

By contrast, a simple prison van and provincial corrections SUV brought Magnotta from the police booking centre to R.D.P. on Tuesday.

Lemaire said the big police convoys and machine-gun-toting officers are excessive.

“It’s a big show,” he said. “He weighs 100 pounds. He doesn't impress us.”

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Canada/2012/06/20/19900611.html

:floorlaugh:

Hey! very good observation! the b&w picture is the one he is smoking right? in that youtube video 'Magnotta auditions for plastic surgery', Magnotta explained that this is exactly how his hairline looked before the hair transplant!

Also I googled the myspace page he made for his grandparents and if you look at his grandfather pictures, it is very interesting how little hair he had left and the receeding hairline when he was a young male. IMO I think Luka resembles a lot his grandfather in some of those pictures. And let's not forget that in the plastic surgery video on youtube, the girl who interviewed LM touched his scars in the back of his head, so I suspect that he really had a hairtransplant.

I'm still not sure yet about the nosejob and under the eyes circles/bags surgery, but if you compare his schoolbook pictures, the coverguy audition, naked news interview, plastic surgery audition, toronto sun Karla Homolka rumour and finally his mugshot pictures, his nose looks a little different, his face changed, IMO.

I wanted to find out if those surgeries were real because then it means he actually told the truth for once!
thanks again for your input, I didn't know about that flick page.

I haven't seen the pictures of his grandparents, nor do I know their names. Maybe you could pm me with the link, so I can compare it aswell? For what I've heared about "getting bold" is that, if you want to know if you're gonna get bold soon or whenever, that you have to look at your maternal grandfather. There is something about the genes from that side of the dna pool, that determines boldness yes or no. So if your maternal grandfather was bold, you're deffo gonna get bold, and vice versa. I can't back up my statement here, since it was on a television program in Holland. I'll see what I can google reagrding this matter.

Also "the nose" is quite interesting. But I have a possible theory about this. Note I am a female, and yes I have great fondess regarding make-up. So sorry if i go in detail about some "technical stuff about make-up" but maybe you'll understand it.

LM used to plaster his face in foundation or even with concealer. There are different types of both products ( low, medium and high coverage, which is basicly determent by the density of pigment particles ). I can see that he used a high coverage product. ( you cant see any birthmarks, freckles or scars, hyperpigmentation)
Now also you have different finishes ( just a couple are: dewy, satin, semi-matt and matt ). Stating the obvious that the more luminous/lightreflective particals there is in a make-up product the more dewy it will get and vice versa. From my point of view i see it's a matt one.

Ok, now you have to understand how this translate on someone face. When using a product on someone with lightreflective particals, you can see more dimension in someones face. Because the light will capture the reflective particals ( reffered as highlighting ) and automaticly creates shadows where the light doesnt hit the face. When using a matt product on someone it cannot reflect light the same way. Therefore highlights and shadows are less visable. So you create somewhat of a flat face ( as we call it in the make-up community ). To bring back life into that flattness you need to create shadows and highlights. And that's something i haven't seen LM do. It is just a flat plastered face, no contouring or highlighting at all. IMHO that's a valid reason to see different noses. ( different rebounds of lightrays )

Just compare his mouth with and without lipgloss. The lipgloss makes the lips appear fuller, but thats all illusion, because it reflects light and therefor it looks like they are bigger, more lucious and juicier than they are without the gloss.

Sorry for my long post and ( again ) for the make-up technical side, but as I said, it might help to figure some stuff out.

Just caught up from 12 hours out of the loop and cannot thank all of you enough for the incredibly well thought out, informative, educational discussion I feel lucky to have just read. What an incredible group of people everyone in this community seems to be!

Same to you and all others it is fascinating case it just is !

WOULD THE MODS PLEASE CREATE ANOTHER FORUM/THREAD FOR THE LATEST NEWS UPDATES ABOUT THIS CRIME? (IF ONE ALREADY EXISTS......PLEASE FORGIVE ME. KNOWING THIS GUY IS BACK IN MY OWN COUNTRY IS MAKING ME MORE CRAZY THAN I ALREADY AM!!)

:tyou:

Oh wait....I'm going to TRY to create a separate place for news updates myself. Wish me luck!! :)

looking fwd to this. plz provide a link when its complete.

Shimmers! I've sent you a PM with the myspace link.

I did mention his grandfather early baldness exactly because I've read somewhere that genetics have a big influence about it!

Also about the make-up, yes, I've been wondering if his nose looks slimmer sometimes because of make-up contouring techniques. There are some make-up artists able to transform a person just by playing with light and shadow (youtube channels dope2111 and pixiwoo are experts with that stuff). And your explanation about his 'flat looking plastic face' is spot on. He didn't play with light except the lips, you are so right about that part. So I agree with you, it could be all make-up tricks but I still am unsure, I mean if you look at his high school picture his nose looks so different from the mugshot. But then again he is an adult now...
I guess, unless we see a clear picture of LM from when he was around 18years old it will be difficult to be totally sure about the nosejob. Hopefully we will find out... Thank you for your reply, I'm glad I'm not the only one curious about this :)

I haven't seen the pictures of his grandparents, nor do I know their names. Maybe you could pm me with the link, so I can compare it aswell?
(...)
Also "the nose" is quite interesting. But I have a possible theory about this. LM used to plaster his face in foundation or even with concealer.
(...)
Sorry for my long post and ( again ) for the make-up technical side, but as I said, it might help to figure some stuff out.

RE: Rejection

There seems to be some possible concrete evidence that LM was rejected by family members. Other reports suggest that his oddness could be creepy and that in and of itself could get others to avoid/shun him.

Clearly LM tried to cultivate a bigger than life image of himself online...successful/famous/sought after. This seems to be the complete reverse of reality. He had filed for bankrupcy, lived in a near poverty-like studio apt. Moreover, he was a prostitute and *advertiser censored* actor. Career choices that would not elicit respect from others. He posted videos of killing kittens. He intentionally put his name out there with Holmolka's and with the phrase "serial killer". I doubt these garnered him "acceptance", even if it got him negative attention. Perhaps the *advertiser censored*/prostitution didn't get him the notariety he craved, and with the added damage his career caused him...he accrued additonal rage/inner turmoil, and further compromised abilities to empathize....and this perhaps opened the door for LM to go to a more depraved plan of achieving his means. Basically LM seemed to thirst for bohemoth amounts of attention but apparently had his own inner demons of self-loathing, lack of respect for himself or others, and a disregard for societal norms. He often wrote that people should not care what others think about them, yet he was so externally based on his voracious need for attention...it appears to contradict his own assertion. Narcissism is replete with smoke and mirrors. Like a maze much of what is seen does not lead to truth. It no doubt creates part of the challenge of psychologizing LM because his lies create many rabbit holes that would/could take someone off the path of understanding the real Eric more clearly/objectively.

Thanks ~n/t~ for raising those important questions.

The fact that the evidence is strong to indicate that he had no real world relationships/friendships in the last 18 months.

In the few insights we've been exposed to by former friends and dates, it seemed like his red flags and lies shined through his seemingly normal exterior which led to the loss of friendships, relationships.

One of the easiest examples to help support the lack of real world friendships/relationships in the last 18 months is the complete lack of a simple happy birthday exchange on any of his social media outlets.

In my mind, he was isolated to the point that his virtual life became his only life.

Edit: Forgot to address one of your most excellent points ~n/t~ so I'll re-quote it here:

I completely agree with this thought.

That's just my opinion, I could be wrong.

I don't see that as "rejection" though. Perhaps he exhibits anti-social behaviour but that doesn't necessarily mean he was rejected. He may not have made the cut for the underwear ad because of his thin body and he may not have been picked for free cosmetic surgery on that other tv show but good grief if every person who was rejected in one form or other in their lifetime, we'd have a heck of a lot of murderers on the streets.

To me, he exhibits all the traits of a true psychopath.

http://www.arkancide.com/psychopathy.htm

I think it's tough to reach an conclusions about his psychological state from the various interview videos. Other than the line, "I've been told by everyone that I'm devastatingly handsome," which made me roll my eyes inside of my head, he just looks like a nervous dork trying to control his nerves and the situation. Clearly he wanted that job and was willing to do two weeks of serious body building to achieve it. My sig other happened to hear me play the video, not knowing who it was, and said, "who is that goof?"

I did notice he raises his left eyebrow when he answers a lot of questions and he does something funny with his lips and curling his tongue, but that looks like he got cotton mouth. Again this could be due to nerves. I'm not a body language expert, so I can't tell you what the head tilt and eyebrow raise really means. My guess it is submission to the interviews and showing sincere interest. Anyone study body language?

IMO, the non-blinking thing seems fairly normal. Have you ever seen US Rep Nancy Pelosi blinking? I'm not poking fun of her by any stretch, but my point is that the blinking could be symptomatic of something, it's very, very difficult to link that to a psychotic illness although there very well be links. I know that if I'm concentrating on something very important, like a video game :) , I stop blinking and my eyes go dry. I'm sure he was concentrating in the interview trying to sell himself and, in his mind, his very devastatingly cool image.

SUNDAY

Being in the industry - did you find a high correlaition of folks sufferring with mental illiness in the field in general?
A high correlation between folks with mental illness and what, incarceration? I worked in pharmacy so I wasn't privvy to inmates' complete records so I would have no clue, but I can tell you I was constantly infuriated by psych docs constantly and abruptly changing inmates' meds. The prison health system is so broken and these guys would see a different psych doc every other week, and they would make dangerous changes to their meds - I can't imagine how depressed, irratic, and possibly violent these constant changes in chemistry would make a person.

I've watched at least a dozen interviews and videos of him and didn't notice any tics or shakiness. I did notice that he doesn't blink much, and he smiles partially and infrequently as if uncomfortable with it for some reason.

He seems to be uncomfortable and awkward when trying to smile. It's especially apparent (to me) in photographs. Totally unnatural. I don't think he knows what genuine happiness is. He is able to simulate it, on cue.

RE: Rejection

There seems to be some possible concrete evidence that LM was rejected by family members. Other reports suggest that his oddness could be creepy and that in and of itself could get others to avoid/shun him.

I read this at first and I thought the same, but then I got to thinking. Isn't he the one that rejected his family?

I think it's tough to reach an conclusions about his psychological state from the various interview videos. Other than the line, "I've been told by everyone that I'm devastatingly handsome," which made me roll my eyes inside of my head, he just looks like a nervous dork trying to control his nerves and the situation. Clearly he wanted that job and was willing to do two weeks of serious body building to achieve it. My sig other happened to hear me play the video, not knowing who it was, and said, "who is that goof?"

I did notice he raises his left eyebrow when he answers a lot of questions and he does something funny with his lips and curling his tongue, but that looks like he got cotton mouth. Again this could be due to nerves. I'm not a body language expert, so I can't tell you what the head tilt and eyebrow raise really means. My guess it is submission to the interviews and showing sincere interest. Anyone study body language?

IMO, the non-blinking thing seems fairly normal. Have you ever seen US Rep Nancy Pelosi blinking? I'm not poking fun of her by any stretch, but my point is that the blinking could be symptomatic of something, it's very, very difficult to link that to a psychotic illness although there very well be links. I know that if I'm concentrating on something very important, like a video game :) , I stop blinking and my eyes go dry. I'm sure he was concentrating in the interview trying to sell himself and, in his mind, his very devastatingly cool image.
The tongue curling at some points was an obvious attempt at acting cute. I used to do this nervous lip biting, but once guys starting telling me how irrisistably cute it was I would do it all the time to, well, be cute! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304