Group Plans Memorial Walkway For Caylee

I'm sure photos of a concentration camp was very rough on a 9 year old.

Kids that will pass Caylee's memorial will not see photos of dead or starving bodies.

There is a big difference IMO.

Also, as far as the roadside crosses go, I have seen or heard of memorial crosses or statues placed in places dumped bodies are found.

One of our very own WSers has planted flowers where Shaniya's body was found. She tends to them as a way to show her respect for Shaniya.

IMO There is nothing disrespectful about marking a place or remembering a place where someone was dumped.

It's just a way to show respect.

JMO

Now a flower garden I would support. No glitz or glamor. Just natural indigenous plants and flowers and even a unadorned bench to sit and reflect on the beauty of nature and life. No lights, or glitz needed. All who loved Caylee don't and haven't need flashing neon lights to know that that spot was her final resting place. Well, that area as her tiny bones were spread by animals and storms.

JMHO as always.

Do you know anything about this Segura person running this?

Her team meaning the defense team - yes.

My reply was in response to what I bolded. No, JB doesn't speak for GA or CA but they sure spoke for him and KC at trial, IMHO.

Because their granddaughter allegedly died there. It appeared to *me* that GA and/or CA supported this idea with all the photographs supplied at trial. I kinda doubt that FKC had those in her cell, but who knows? But maybe if Caylee didn't die in that pool, then that is how they can enjoy it? Perhaps they understand how they can live with that pool in their yard. But *MY* personal opinion is their land is a far more appropriate place for the memorial.

Make you a deal - we will just respectfully disagree.

How about this - can we agree we both love WS and the differing opinions presented here!?

Forgive me if I didn't respond to what you bolded. I thought I did as best I could. Perhaps I got it wrong. On tapatalk (on my phone) you can't see what's bolded, colored, underlined, different font sizes... etc.

Of course we can respectfully disagree.
Of course we love WS and the differing opinions here.

I've seen nothing stating otherwise.

I tried to respond to your post to me that included a quote from me.

No disrespect ever intended.

Just stating my opinion as you and everyone else here are.

As far as I’m concerned the only voice that matters, regarding this site, has already told us how she feels about it:

CayleeLightning.jpg

Quote from BKH website: "Artificial turf surrounds the halo and provides an area for a small group to pay tribute to Caylee, view, and recognize that there is hope left for other missing children."

What possible HOPE can be derived from viewing the site where a child was dumped like trash by a Mom who did not give much thought about how the child died nor the fact that the site where her body was left would be visited by animals that literally torn her small body apart. I think this memorial site will create greater animosity against this family which will keep them from moving on. Many of the neighbors clearly do not want it there. These neighbors were never contacted to see if they were in favor of this site going up in their neighborhood so my guess is this foundation really never expects this to get off the ground. When you think of Caylee's remains lying out there in the element until December 11th hope is not a word I would use to describe it. No parent of a missing child would find comfort and hope from this site, only overwhelming despair.

The difference here regarding the memorial is that the one person who was suppose to protect Caylee failed her. This is not about OKC and it's not about ground zero it's sooooo different. I have children and grandchildren and would never expose them to this site just because I was curious. Until I hear from a licensed psychologist who deals specifically in grief counseling that this is productive for young children I will stand by my opinion.
jmo
I don't have to live in this community but I do think the people who do should have a say and should be speaking out to the media soon. If the neighborhood does not want this they are the ones who need to do something about it and I don't mean just put their house up for sale. jmo

ITA. I would add that given the absolutely disgraceful outcome of the trial, it's even worse. Caylee was never "brought home" and she had no "hope". She was found out of pure luck by a man who was scapegoated for her murder in an attempt to free her killer of all things.

She was never "missing"! This whole memorial idea is incoherent. It seems like the brainchild of someone who got into the "charity" business because they perceived it to be easier than a real job. I say this because everything about it sounds so disjointed, unorganized, unsupported, and utterly unprofessional.

ITA. I would add that given the absolutely disgraceful outcome of the trial, it's even worse. Caylee was never "brought home" and she had no "hope". She was found out of pure luck by a man who was scapegoated for her murder in an attempt to free her killer of all things.

She was never "missing"! This whole memorial idea is incoherent. It seems like the brainchild of someone who got into the "charity" business because they perceived it to be easier than a real job. I say this because everything about it sounds so disjointed, unorganized, unsupported, and utterly unprofessional.

Try as I may, I can’t find a single word from the Anthony’s that’s anything but NEGATIVE regarding a memorial at this site:

3/24/2009

Meanwhile, Caylee's grandparents, George and Cindy Anthony, invited WESH 2 News to their home Tuesday.

They are taking a stand against a permanent memorial to Caylee along Suburban Drive.

http://www.wesh.com/news/19002036/detail.html#ixzz1UbZVvwlF

UNTILL this deal comes along trying to drum up $200K in donations:

George, Cindy Anthony attend event where group reveals plans for Caylee Anthony memorial

The Anthonys said they hadn't seen the plans before Tuesday's unveiling, but that they'd support a memorial if it were done tastefully.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...orial-plans-revealed-20110808,0,2265952.story

How much more obvious does it need to be?

I have to agree ... the injustice done to this little girl ... the fact that her parent and grandparents knew she was rotting in this swamp, to me, is reason enough to never memorialize it ... the money spent on this is such a waste of resources and should go towards missing and abused children orgs (legitimate ones) who are already working to change things for the better ...
I've thought from the beginning that this "memorial" is a horrible idea ... JMO

Try as I may, I can’t find a single word from the Anthony’s that’s anything but NEGATIVE regarding a memorial at this site:

UNTILL this deal comes along trying to drum up $200K in donations:

How much more obvious does it need to be?

They sure have a nose for finding the $$$$, don't they?
I wonder how that conversation between Lippman and the memorial promoters went? (Quote by the A's) "Our attorney will be in touch with you".

I wonder how that conversation between Lippman and the memorial promoters went? (Quote by the A's) "Our attorney will be in touch with you".

"One for you, Two for me....One for you, Two for me" :floorlaugh:

Her team meaning the defense? The defense was not Caylee's team or the Anthony's team. They were Casey's team.

I'm not sure how that has anything to do with the memorial making light of Caylee's death.

As far as I know, JB does not speak for GA and CA. I've never heard them say she drowned.

Why would they remove the pool?

Really? Their granddaughter drowned in the pool?

I would imagine I would probably remove a knife from my kitchen collection if I was aware it was involved in the death of one of my loved ones...

How in the world could a grandparent ever frolic in that pool again...

Really???

Really? Their granddaughter drowned in the pool?

I would imagine I would probably remove a knife from my kitchen collection if I was aware it was involved in the death of one of my loved ones...

How in the world could a grandparent ever frolic in that pool again...

Really???

Because they KNOW she didn't drown in the pool.

GA outright denied any such thing on the stand and I don't recall CA saying she thought she drowned in the pool either.

The only person who said she drowned in the pool was JB.

That quote by the A's happened shortly after filming the Dr Phil show. Then, poof, not another word from Lippman? Interesting...

Other than attending that birthday celebration at the swamp that day in August, I haven't seen any evidence that the Anthony's are involved with Bring Kids Home. In fact, Bring Kids Home has gone out of its way to try to distance themselves from any involvement with the family. So, to suggest that the Anthony's are somehow making money through Bring Kids Home is not backed up with facts, unless I have missed something.

I was thinking the same thing.

Why or how would the A's collect any money from this?

I have not seen anything connecting them to the Bring Kids Home foundation.

JMO

Other than attending that birthday celebration at the swamp that day in August, I haven't seen any evidence that the Anthony's are involved with Bring Kids Home. In fact, Bring Kids Home has gone out of its way to try to distance themselves from any involvement with the family. So, to suggest that the Anthony's are somehow making money through Bring Kids Home is not backed up with facts, unless I have missed something.
I would not have thought the A's were involved with BKH either, BUT, why were they having their attorney call them then? What reason could they possibly have to get Lipman involved with the memorial? Maybe they want royalties for the use of their dead Granddaughter's name? After all they do have it copyrighted which in itself screams of greed. So, if there was no involvement there wouldn't have been any need for the phone call. MOO

I would not have thought the A's were involved with BKH either, BUT, why were they having their attorney call them then? What reason could they possibly have to get Lipman involved with the memorial? Maybe they want royalties for the use of their dead Granddaughter's name? After all they do have it copyrighted which in itself screams of greed. So, if there was no involvement there wouldn't have been any need for the phone call. MOO
I have no idea what phone call you are referring to.

Quote from BKH website: "Artificial turf surrounds the halo and provides an area for a small group to pay tribute to Caylee, view, and recognize that there is hope left for other missing children."

What possible HOPE can be derived from viewing the site where a child was dumped like trash by a Mom who did not give much thought about how the child died nor the fact that the site where her body was left would be visited by animals that literally torn her small body apart. I think this memorial site will create greater animosity against this family which will keep them from moving on. Many of the neighbors clearly do not want it there. These neighbors were never contacted to see if they were in favor of this site going up in their neighborhood so my guess is this foundation really never expects this to get off the ground. When you think of Caylee's remains lying out there in the element until December 11th hope is not a word I would use to describe it. No parent of a missing child would find comfort and hope from this site, only overwhelming despair.

The difference here regarding the memorial is that the one person who was suppose to protect Caylee failed her. This is not about OKC and it's not about ground zero it's sooooo different. I have children and grandchildren and would never expose them to this site just because I was curious. Until I hear from a licensed psychologist who deals specifically in grief counseling that this is productive for young children I will stand by my opinion.
jmo
I don't have to live in this community but I do think the people who do should have a say and should be speaking out to the media soon. If the neighborhood does not want this they are the ones who need to do something about it and I don't mean just put their house up for sale. jmo

They used the words, "Hope for OTHER missing children?" This shrine (not a memorial has all the markings of the Anthonys and another plea for charity for themselves. There was something about selling bricks but money won't be entirely refunded if rights are refused. My heart has hardened with all these foundations and it certainly will never grasp what they are up to now...but I say "No Way Jose!

I totally suspect that they will do )omething to help somebody (like a small donation) to somebody just for appearances....now that they have lots of money. It will be done for appearances and to convince the doubters they are sincere.

I have no idea what phone call you are referring to.

There was video footage (no link, too tired to find it!) but it was Caylee Birthday, balloon release that they showed up to -- BKH plans revealed, etc

Anywhooooooo, in that video you could clearly hear CA say, 'I'll have my attorney call you"

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melissawilkinson44
Back