Defending Misty on Jan 10, 2011 in Putnam County

per tweet
Haleigh's grandmother, Teresa Neves, also present saying her son Ron Cummings has always been concerned about the girl's whereabouts.

Missing girl's mother Crystal Sheffield was in the courtroom today but said little after the sentencing.
Asked if she was satisfied knowing Croslin would be in prison for years, Sheffield said would care if her daughter was with her.
per tweet

I just can't help but to maintain my belief that Misty does not know where Haleigh is or she would have led LE to her by now. I think she only knows what she was told but it is too bad that she hasn't told who told her what to say. Then I have to wonder if she has and LE/SA just didn't want to hear it.

My thinking also...Both she and Tommy have stated publically LE is not interested in hearing anything about Ronald Cummings and his involvement..
Only thing I can think of left to do is Storm the Bastille...

Missing girl's mother Crystal Sheffield was in the courtroom today but said little after the sentencing.
Asked if she was satisfied knowing Croslin would be in prison for years, Sheffield said would care if her daughter was with her.
per tweet

Zing! Abso-dam-lutely!!

per tweet
Haleigh's grandmother, Teresa Neves, also present saying her son Ron Cummings has always been concerned about the girl's whereabouts.

Well it ought to go without saying that a missing child's father is concerned.

No kidding, lets take her license away, so she cant work to pay the fine. Seriously, I now believe Putnam County is corrupt and incompetent, I never thought it before, but I get it now!
& the drug rehabilitation...wouldn't it have been nice for that to have happened, say, BEFORE Haleigh came up missing? or at least, right after, while they were still caring for Jr? CPS could've forced Ron AND Misty into therapy. It's not like nobody knew what they were doing. everything is bassackwards, in this case.

per tweet

Of course Teresa that is why he is sitting in jail for 15 years, concerned yeah right.

Tweets say Crystal Sheffield and Teresa Neves were in court. After court, Crystal says she wants Haleigh. Teresa just blabbed about her precious Ronnie saying he's always been concerned about the girl's whereabouts. :sick:

per tweet

Which girl? Haleigh or Misty!?! Too vague and distancing if speaking of her granddaughter! imo :furious:

I haven't seen the fat lady yet ..... sing that is ;)

Ummm, I'm right here!! :innocent:

I don't know whether to be shocked or pleased or what with this sentencing. I think I'm just angry.

per tweet

What girl's whereabouts? Ronald Cummings has stated on national TV he never questioned Misty.. He also claimed he didn't believe Misty had any knowledge that could lead LE to finding Haleigh...Teresa Neves speaks with a forked tongue.. JMHO

per tweet

I guess she doesn't have a busy schedule with things.....oh, like work????!!!

I'm thinking Ms Misty and her 25 years, plus Ron and his 15 years, choose that route over life in prison or the death penalty.

Looking at it that way, 25 or 15 isn't so bad. Convicted on drug charges doesn't have the same stigma as "Murderer".

I'm done.

Misty Croslin seemed resolute and said very little during the hearing. She yelled "I love you" to her father as she was led away.
Hank Croslin Sr. answered back trying to comfort Misty, "We'll figure it out."
per tweet

per tweet
Concerned. funny how a nice normal word like Concerned can lose its definition, just by being said out loud. a better word, would've been frantic, or desperate, or devastated. Concerned, is more of a word associated with Ron being 'concerned' with how much money's in his commesary account. oh well, that statement is typical Cumming's speak.

Not nearly long enough IMO but the $1.25 million fine is quite hilarious. Even despite the 5 years of probation, she won't get off probation until every single bit of the $1.25 million is paid so she may as well sit her butt in prison for the rest of her life.

And just think, all of this could have been avoided if she would just tell the truth, that simple, just tell where Haleigh is at and what happened to her.

~JMO~

"Misty Croslin, the teenager who was the last person to see 5-year-old Haleigh Cummings before the girl disappeared in February 2009, is sentenced to 25 years on drug charges from Putnam County.
The time will be served concurrently with the 25 year sentence she is already serving on a St. Johns County conviction of trafficking in oxycodone.
In addition to the prison time, Croslin will receive five years of probation, a $1.25 million fine and mandatory drug rehabilitation."

<snip>

http://www.news4jax.com/news/26427341/detail.html

So Misty will get out with good behavior, when?

I believe that if the judge had sentenced Misty to consecutive terms, she would have had a better chance of having it overturned on appeal. Concurrent seems to be the norm in cases like this and to treat Misty differently might have raised red flags with a higher court. So, with concurrent sentencing, there is a better chance of keeping Misty behind bars longer than if they had tried to stick it to her with consecutive sentencing. All JMO, of course.

Wonder if some unknown benefactor will come through for Misty--and pay off her fines.
(Stranger things have happened, right?)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks
Back