MD MD - Clinton, BlkFem 13-35, UP2657, poss initials "C S", Sp Olymp t-shirt, Tweety Bird watch, Mar'00

The John Doe having his keys on a large safety pin (so he didn't lose them?) and four dollar bills, as though someone had counted out exact bus fare for him. The VW key may mean nothing, possibly a momento.

The man appears to have been more than a casual outdoorsman, LL Bean jackets are relatively expensive and favor function over fashion, usually not worn for style unless one enjoys passing for a lumberjack. Hunters often wear them but hunting in a national park is usually not allowed and this man's shoes hint at hiking rather than hunting or fishing.

In the absence of criminal evidence I'd say chances are he is an accident victim. As for his car it may have been stolen from the parking lot where he had left it, national parks are prime hunting grounds for auto thieves because cars are often left unattended in remote parking lots for long periods of time by hikers and surveillance is sporadic.

Some bits about John Doe...I went to this scene twice...The guy was strangled with barb wire - which tends to be a sexual sadist crime...Where he was found was about a mile off the road, back in a creek. There were no drag marks, or any type of weapons or any evidence of a murder found anywhere nearby. (But there was some time period between when he was killed and found). The barbwire that runs along the fence was at least a mile away from where he was found, and no broken pieces were found anywhere along the fence, so the barbwire he was attacked with was not cut from there.....

The agricultural farms can be accessed from Old Greenbelt . Along one of the main roads (Ridge Rd) thru part of old greenbelt are a lot of side roads that dead end to woods. You can enter any of these deadends on the side streets on foot and get to the farms. One of the roads (Research Rd) was the main road into the farms. I can't remember if Research rd turned into dirt right after the townhomes or if it was a deadend. But in the early to mid 80's they paved a road from either what was dirt or deadend leading to the agricultural farms.

I walked from old greenbelt to an area of beaver dam rd through the woods. Where the agricultural land starts there was a barb wire fence and you weren't suppose to be on that property, but being a teen we disobeyed and entered anyway.

There is also a party site, not sure if it still is active but you would go to the dead end of Northway Rd. It use to be a ball field and then I remember it being called (The Dump) all the locals would gather there on Friday and Saturday night with a Keg. The greenbelt police knew the place and if they ever wanted to find anyone they could usually find them there. They would patrol down there just to make sure no trouble was brewing. The BW parkway was just a walk away, not far from the site. It may be useful for the state police to circulate this man's photo in the old greenbelt area if they haven't already.

Bumping case up.

It has been eight years now since this poor girl's body was found. She remains unidentified and her killer has not yet been caught.

Good catch! I didn't even notice that when I looked the first time. There appear to be two barrel keys, most likely for smaller vending machines or bill changers. Larger soda machine keys tend to have a slightly different shape.

Maybe the guy worked a job involving vending machines (either at a school or elsewhere) where he had to restock them with snacks. My school has people who do this with students who volunteer during class times

This young lady's body was found ten years ago. She remains unidentified.

Note that the link below has been updated with a much better artist's conception of what she may have looked like when living.

---------------------------------------

Unidentified Black Female

Located on March 25, 2000 in Clinton, Prince George's County, Maryland.
Cause of death: Blunt Force Trauma
Estimated date of death: February 2000

Vital Statistics

Estimated age: 15-30 years old
Approximate Height and Weight: 5'3"; 128 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: Black hair; brown eyes. She wore black, 12" hair extensions. Purple fingernail polish.
Dentals: No dental work. Mandible was not recovered.
Clothing: A white or beige undershirt with spaghetti straps and the initials "CS" handwritten on the tag; a white "TeenForm" sports bra, size 34; a plain black, long-sleeve, "Hanes" pullover, with "Beefy=T" on the tag and collar size 38-40. A white or beige T-shirt with the logo "1995 Special Olympics World Games, New Haven, CT, USA" on the front. A medium blue, waist length jean jacket, with "GAP" tag on the collar. A plastic wristwatch with "Tweety Bird" on the face and a multicolored (red/blue/green/yellow) plastic band.

Case History

The victim was located at 11901 Brandywine Road, in a creek near Piscataway Creek Stream Valley Park, in Clinton, Maryland. She was unclothed from the waist down, and was possibly sexually assaulted.

Investigators

If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Prince George's County Sheriff's Office
301-772-4925

Case Number: 00-085-804; 00-1694-033

NCMEC #:USMD000850804

Source Information:

National Center for Missing and Exploited Children
Washington Post 3/28/2000
Washington Post 7/6/2001
NamUs
The Doe Network: Case File 198UFMD

LINK:

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/198ufmd.html

This October, 1994 article from the Baltimore Sun lists the 52 participants from MD who were slated to compete in the '95 World Games in New Haven:

No one with the initials "CS" that I could see.

It could be possible that the unidentified girl came from another state close to Maryland.

Just an out of the box thought here. Could the initials "CS" be the initials of a special school or group home that the victim went to?

Unidentified Black Female
  • Located on March 25, 2000 in Clinton, Prince George's County, Maryland.
  • Cause of death: Blunt Force Trauma
  • Estimated date of death: February 2000

Vital Statistics

• Estimated age: 15-30 years old
  • Approximate Height and Weight: 5'3"; 128 lbs.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics: Black hair; brown eyes. She wore black, 12" hair extensions. Purple fingernail polish.
  • Dentals: No dental work. Mandible was not recovered.
  • Clothing: A white or beige undershirt with spaghetti straps and the initials "CS" handwritten on the tag; a white "TeenForm" sports bra, size 34; a plain black, long-sleeve, "Hanes" pullover, with "Beefy=T" on the tag and collar size 38-40. A white or beige T-shirt with the logo "1995 Special Olympics World Games, New Haven, CT, USA" on the front. A medium blue, waist length jean jacket, with "GAP" tag on the collar. A plastic wristwatch with "Tweety Bird" on the face and a multicolored (red/blue/green/yellow) plastic band.

Case History
The victim was located at 11901 Brandywine Road, in a creek near Piscataway Creek Stream Valley Park, in Clinton, Maryland. She was unclothed from the waist down, and was possibly sexually assaulted.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
Prince George's County Sheriff's Office
301-772-4925

Case Number: 00-085-804; 00-1694-033
NCMEC #:USMD000850804

Source Information:
National Center for Missing and Exploited Children
Washington Post 3/28/2000
Washington Post 7/6/2001
NamUs

The Doe Network: Case File 198UFMD

As I was looking at this case, I noticed that another woman was found on the same day in a body of water in a wooded area near Andrews Air Force Base. That is the same description of the place the Cinton Jane Doe. The locations are about 10 miles apart. I am wondering if they are connected.

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/5882

As I was looking at this case, I noticed that another woman was found on the same day in a body of water in a wooded area near Andrews Air Force Base. That is the same description of the place the Cinton Jane Doe. The locations are about 10 miles apart. I am wondering if they are connected.

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/5882

This is a very strange coincidence if there were actually two decomposed bodies discovered on the same day in close proximity.

My first impression was that both cases were the same, as some bits of information is identical. Both were black women, both found in water, mandible missing, although most other body parts intact.

But there are some distinct differences as well. Recovered clothing not the same. One had only upper body clothing, while the other had only lower body clothing.

Oxon Hill, Andrews AFB, and Clinton are all distinctly different and separate places, but all are pretty close.

I have always felt that the Clinton Jane Doe was young - like a teenager or early 20's, and I wondered why her mother was not looking for her or reporting her missing. Now I wonder if the second body might have been related to her - her mother, aunt, or grandmother?

There is some indication that the Clinton girl might have been in Special Olympics. It is possible then that she had an adult caregiver who would have been responsible for her. Is it possible that her caregiver was also murdered?

I could not find this other unidentified woman listed in Doenetwork.

LINK:

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/198ufmd.html

A couple of comments:

An adult woman would not likely wear a TeenForm brand bra. That alone makes me guess she's only about 15-16, possibly younger.

The man's keys -- another thing those barrel key locks are used for is locking computer cabinets, especially the older tower-style minicomputer cabinets or larger PC cabinets.

https://identifyus.org/cases/2657
No exclusions listed.

Says a DNA sample is available but hasn't been submitted.

Now, this doe says "Sample submitted - Tests complete."

The other (older) 3/25/2000 Jane Doe found in Oxon Hill says "Sample available - Not yet submitted."

If they ever get the test done on Oxon Doe, hopefully we will know if they are related/connected. Of course, they could be "connected" without them being related (i.e. guardian/chaperone and ward being killed by the same person).

It does seem like an odd coincidence that two (as yet unidentified) dead black females were found so close to each other on the same day. Plus, both were partially clothed (one had the top, one had the bottom).

That is IF, and only IF, this girl were indeed mentally challenged (whatever the proper term is now) regarding the chaperone or guardian. Just because she had on a Special Olympics shirt, it does not mean that she was indeed "Special" herself. There was nothing noted in her physical/medical findings that point toward that.

I personally own several "cause" shirts that I am not personally connected to. They came from family members that went to fundraisers. My dad runs in races to run. My mom is a doctor and many of her patients have disabilities. Some of them I'd bought at Goodwill or the like because they looked cool. Some were ones that friends left at my place.
If there is clothing in my house that fits and isn't ugly, I'll wear it.

Special Olympics could indicate a physical as well as a developmental handicap. Quite a number of physical challenges, such as MS or CF, wouldn't necessarily show up on autopsy.

Also, she could have been a volunteer. I golf with a guy who is very proud of his Special Olympics coach's shirt.

Just a couple of random thoughts.

I think it's super strange that two different does were found on the same day, in close proximity, with that many similarities. I don't see a thread for the other Jane Doe either, and she still doesn't have DNA in NamUs.

My Uncle is a retired police officer, he volunteered at the Special Olympics for almost 20 years. He always had extra shirts that he would give everybody. So because she was wearing this doesn't mean she was disabled. It could be that she was a supporter or was given it by someone who was associated with it.

I think it's super strange that two different does were found on the same day, in close proximity, with that many similarities. I don't see a thread for the other Jane Doe either, and she still doesn't have DNA in NamUs.

Yeah, but since they had both been dead for some time, there's no telling if they died at the same time. It's probably just an odd councidence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, but since they had both been dead for some time, there's no telling if they died at the same time. It's probably just an odd councidence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I mean, you're most likely right, but I feel like it's too much of a coincidence for me to ignore it...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Postalgirl74
Back