George's testimony at trial

Baez brings up the fact that GA didn't tell anyone at the tow yard that Caylee was missing.

Baez wishes to retain GA as a witness for further testimony.

The prosecution has GA explain more about the incident at Sports Authority when he dropped by for lunch. The gentleman didn't know KC. GA asked to see the manager. After that, GA got in his car and left. GA addressed the issue with CA. It was not a good conversation because CA thought GA was invading KC's privacy and should have let it go. GA's detective work was not well rec'd by CA. GA briefly discussed it with KC but basically let it go. This incident happened toward the end of 2007 or beginning of 2008.

Jim Kelly was GA's atty for a couple of workman's comp issues in 1995 and early part of 2000. GA and Kelly have been great friends for 20 years. They've gone out to dinner, been to his home, that sort of thing. He was more of friend, but also legal. CA and GA didn't know where to turn and they reached out to Kelly to get some help.

July 16th, GA felt very tired, edgy, hadn't eaten or drank, running on fumes, running in different directions, hard to concentrate on one thing. His whole objective was to find his missing granddaughter.

GA leaves the stand.

I just had a thought. GA stated on the stand he had just heard ICAs accusations, yet Littman told Nancy they knew back in Feb what JB was doing.

Did I misunderstand this?

JP says a witness should not be discredited by talking to a lawyer about his or her testimony.

Then Baez asks about GA consulting with an attorney and seeking Paul Kelly for advice. Mr. Kelly is a workman's comp attorney and a friend, says GA.

And let's recall the JB himself consulted with ethics attorney Tim Chinaris early on regarding KC's photo sales. Pot....Kettle....

I just had a thought. GA stated on the stand he had just heard ICAs accusations, yet Littman told Nancy they knew back in Feb what JB was doing.

Did I misunderstand this?
I think GA said it was the first time he heard about the accidental drowning the defense claims he covered up. His attorney was referring to the sex abuse claims from back in Feb.

IMHO JB came across as .......inept?........green?.........incompetent?......

I couldn't count how many objections were sustained in a row at one point. JB wanted to ask a question and he had no clue how to forumlate the question that would be acceptable in a court of law. It was silly and certainly didn't make JB look good.
True, but on the other hand, the jury heard it. Some were probably asking the same questions in their minds. They'll give Baez kudos for attempting to get the answers.

I think GA said it was the first time he heard about the accidental drowning the defense claims he covered up. His attorney was referring to the sex abuse claims from back in Feb.

See, that's what is confusing me, and at this moment it isnt to hard to do. Any who, I have great difficulty believing anything from CA/GA right now. How exactly does one believe them when everything they have said over three years has been full of deceit, deflect and lies. What exactly is their truth. What exactly do we take on face value.

Baez asked GA if he has a problem with his vision, regarding not knowing she was pregnant at the time of the wedding. I'm wondering where he's going with this since I missed all of this testimony earlier today.

Kimster, I think it was a polite attempt to call GA a liar without coming out and saying it.

Baez brings up the fact that GA didn't tell anyone at the tow yard that Caylee was missing.

Baez wishes to retain GA as a witness for further testimony.

The prosecution has GA explain more about the incident at Sports Authority when he dropped by for lunch. The gentleman didn't know KC. GA asked to see the manager. After that, GA got in his car and left. GA addressed the issue with CA. It was not a good conversation because CA thought GA was invading KC's privacy and should have let it go. GA's detective work was not well rec'd by CA. GA briefly discussed it with KC but basically let it go. This incident happened toward the end of 2007 or beginning of 2008.

Jim Kelly was GA's atty for a couple of workman's comp issues in 1995 and early part of 2000. GA and Kelly have been great friends for 20 years. They've gone out to dinner, been to his home, that sort of thing. He was more of friend, but also legal. CA and GA didn't know where to turn and they reached out to Kelly to get some help.

July 16th, GA felt very tired, edgy, hadn't eaten or drank, running on fumes, running in different directions, hard to concentrate on one thing. His whole objective was to find his missing granddaughter.

GA leaves the stand.

kimster, during CAs depo Linda asked CA about the legal papers CA stated they had drawn up for them to have custody of Caylee should anything happen to ICA. CA couldn't produce those papers and told Linda Paul had done it for them. LE contacted Paul Kelly who stated he did not prepare them. All this is in the released docs.

IMHO JB came across as .......inept?........green?.........incompetent?......

Rude ... a bully ... obnoxious ?

... and JB was barely holding his disgust for GA during questioning - JB needs to be smacked down if that is the attitude he is going to take with all the witnesses.

JB disgusted me with his sneering treatment of GA.

I was proud of George today.

A lot of this could have been avoided if GA had been more truthful from the beginning, instead of parroting ICA's lies.

I'm glad he manned up and give him credit for that, but this farce would not have gone on so long if CA and GA had admitted there was no nanny and ICA was lying from the start.

If I sound harsh it's because my tax dollars have been wasted by JB and the DT with ICA's help while our county is looking at cutting services to victim support programs, among many other things.

Yes, I hold CA and GA accountable for this mess, they should have spoken the truth a long time ago. So whoopee that he speaks it now to save his own *advertiser censored**

BRAVO for you saying this !!!

But, I'm not so sure that he has even begun to tell the trueth yet, and I'm also not convinced that we heard the trueth today.
Maybe a "little Anthony "half-trueths".

I still do not trust this person at all.

OT somewhat Kimster, but I laugh each time I read a post from someone I don't recognize the name. Turns out it is a mod ... just how many mods does WS have :rocker: and they are over here in my little corner of WS and I'm thinking who watching all the other forums I dont go to. ::great: Guess I should try and get out more. :floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

I probably put too much Jack in my coffee earlier. Just kidding, I should have though. And please don't aim that zapper in my direction.

A lot of this could have been avoided if GA had been more truthful from the beginning, instead of parroting ICA's lies.

I'm glad he manned up and give him credit for that, but this farce would not have gone on so long if CA and GA had admitted there was no nanny and ICA was lying from the start.

If I sound harsh it's because my tax dollars have been wasted by JB and the DT with ICA's help while our county is looking at cutting services to victim support programs, among many other things.

Yes, I hold CA and GA accountable for this mess, they should have spoken the truth a long time ago. So whoopee that he speaks it now to save his own *advertiser censored**

ITA - why are we giving this guy credit for telling the truth?? (Which I would dispute that he even really did that - many of his answers were fudging previous answers at best) - today GA did nothing more than get to the end of his own hallway. And all it took was hideous, public claims in a court of law that he sexually abused Casey for years, covered up Caylee's death and disposed of her body all the while while trying to frame his own daughter and cruelly keeping the truth from his wife - and oh let's not forget exposing his affair with River Cruz and and the fact that he lied to the FBI about the "gambling". Gee I think he deserves a big pat on the back. NOT. GA is suddenly civil and co-operative with the SA because he knows they are the only ones who can save his butt right now. I'm glad he did the right thing but I'm under no illusions about why - he was under extreme duress and totally out of options.

Sorry for the extreme sarcasm but I was really sickened by the whole proceedings today.

OT somewhat Kimster, but I laugh each time I read a post from someone I don't recognize the name. Turns out it is a mod ... just how many mods does WS have :rocker: and they are over here in my little corner of WS and I'm thinking who watching all the other forums I dont go to. ::great: Guess I should try and get out more. :floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

I probably put too much Jack in my coffee earlier. Just kidding, I should have though. And please don't aim that zapper in my direction.

Oh, there's a whole mod squad of us out there.

Here's a list so we don't surprise you next time. :kimsterwink:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showgroups.php

Baez questions GA about not knowing KC was pregnant at the wedding. That really is weird that they wouldn't know, I'm sure we all would agree.

I have to comment on this... my daughter is 6 1/2 months pregnant and depending on how she is dressed you can
not tell. IMO... if Casey was trying to hide her pregnancy I think she could pull it off.
Having said that... in the wedding pictures you can tell she is pregnant by what she has on.
I thought George said he wasn't at the wedding...
if that is the case then I can see how he may not have known.
Now IMO Cindy is a different story.. she is standing right by her in the
pictures so I believe that Cindy knew at least when the picture was taken.

Good point, Ranch! GA went ballistic when Zanny's attorney (or was it the prosecution?) referred to Caylee's remains. We have seen him fly off the handle about some really petty things. Weird that he would stay cool in this situation where he is supposedly being thrown under the bus. :waitasec:

He had to. It was imperative that he did and I'm sure that it has been drummed into him that he should. Not to mention I'm sure that they recognize the fall out from their past over reactions.

I just can't even put myself in their place to imagine what all they have been through...deserving or not.

BRAVO for you saying this !!!

But, I'm not so sure that he has even begun to tell the trueth yet, and I'm also not convinced that we heard the trueth today.
Maybe a "little Anthony "half-trueths".

I still do not trust this person at all.

I agree with you here. I can't wrap myself around the fact that GA & CA were so supportive of KC all along, and now basically calling her a liar.
JB asked him if he was "coached" by the pros as to his testimony. I wish the pros would have asked him the same - if he was coached by the dt. I am of the impression that it is the dt tactic to have the jury not know who to believe, therefore not guilty.
It would also explain the lack of anger that we previously saw in GA, he was expecting it. I also believe that ICA wrote the letters to her prison friend, knowing they would be published, getting the idea of sex abuse out there in the public. I do not think that any allegation of sexual abuse should be taken lightly, but it seems that ICA used that allegation in the past to garner attention/sympathy.

all moo, thank you everyone for the amazing insight you provide here on this forum.

Oh, there's a whole mod squad of us out there.

Here's a list so we don't surprise you next time. :kimsterwink:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showgroups.php
Oh my word .. that's a lot of zappers going around and occasionally going off. I never knew there was such a list. Thanks for that bit of info.

See y'all in the AM I need to rest to reclaim some of my sanity lost today.

According to the Anthony's lawyer, the Anthony's knew about the accidental drowning 6 weeks ago, but had no idea that they were going to say George was there and covered up the crime and basically framed his own daughter for 1st degree murder.

It appeared to me that it was the State and not the defense who took the initiative to bring this to the Anthony's attention. I do not think the State or the Anthony's knew that they were going to go as far as they did and place George at the scene at the time of Caylee's death and cover it up.

I believe George had met with the State for about an hour... I believe it was yesterday? Judge Perry even had to instruct the jury to not put that into account and that there is nothing wrong with it. The same way there would be nothing wrong with a witness meeting with the defense prior to testifying. I actually think that is standard practice?

I pray that George has finally begun the process of healing and that he stays strong for Caylee. Caylee needs her JoJo.

One thing I am a little worried about is JB made a comment in his opening statement that Cindy was probably hearing all of this for the first time? I really hope that Cindy did not fall for any of this and that she is also willing to take the first step towards healing. The truth will set you free.

I only started following this trial a few days ago and joined this site then. I haven't formed any hard opinions yet and found opening statements and the first witness, GA very interesting. My observations so far. I've never seen an attorney's (JB) have so many questions sustained. He seemed to change lines of questioning once or twice just to get a question in. Also thought GA was a poor witness. He's an ex-detective but just kept over talking his answers. Some of them were simple yes or no. I appreciate the posts here so far.

According to the Anthony's lawyer, the Anthony's knew about the accidental drowning 6 weeks ago, but had no idea that they were going to say George was there and covered up the crime and basically framed his own daughter for 1st degree murder.

It appeared to me that it was the State and not the defense who took the initiative to bring this to the Anthony's attention. I do not think the State or the Anthony's knew that they were going to go as far as they did and place George at the scene at the time of Caylee's death and cover it up.

I believe George had met with the State for about an hour... I believe it was yesterday? Judge Perry even had to instruct the jury to not put that into account and that there is nothing wrong with it. The same way there would be nothing wrong with a witness meeting with the defense prior to testifying. I actually think that is standard practice?

I pray that George has finally begun the process of healing and that he stays strong for Caylee. Caylee needs her JoJo.

One thing I am a little worried about is JB made a comment in his opening statement that Cindy was probably hearing all of this for the first time? I really hope that Cindy did not fall for any of this and that she is also willing to take the first step towards healing. The truth will set you free.

I agree LolaMoon08. When George testified before, he was in terrible self conflict - and as a result we saw his mood swings and defiance and anger.

Today he knew he was doing the right thing so he was much more calm - he knows for sure now what a liar his daughter is. And I feel doubly blessed George was all out of swords by the time he got up on the stand. JoJo finally stood up for his Caylee. He did the right thing.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back