LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I called the radio station during the interview with Chief Craft. You could not ask Craft questions directly. The calls were screened and questions the screeners thought were of value were passed on. I asked about the green van with TN plates and the screener said "OK" and hung up. The van was not mentioned. I really believe this lead should be looked into. I hope they ask this question today. Also they need to ask about the calls to 911 about the disturbance in the area around the time she left BW's. I would like to know about that too.

What we know (Cpl. Tom Mouton):

Artmosphere, 10:13 p.m. - 12:44 a.m.
Taco Bell w/Brettly 1:24 a.m.
Phone call 1:31 a.m. (no further phone activity)

20 tips per hour being called in

No cell phone, no bike, and no other articles have been found.

Still haven't seen all possible video; urging those with footage from early morning hours to view it

Nothing new on the case

presser: Tim Miller will speak, LE said her cell and bike (etc.) have NOT been found...those were rumors

Summary of Press Conference (first part, police):
10:13 - Arrived Artmosphere
12:44 - Left Artmosphere with Brettly
No phone activity.
20 tips received per hour
Nothing has been found yet, everything else is a rumor.
Asking people to review home surveillance footage from 1-3 am.
No new information--probably won't have a briefing tomorrow, but will if they find new info.

Edit: A lot of people listening, good!!

Tim Miller, TX Equusearch:

Wonderful job being done; "no community is prepared for this to happen"; have worked with LPD in the past; bringing in experienced people; command center organized; Texas, Ohio, Alabama, Florida - folks from there have come in; knowledge, experience, dedication; need "that little bit of luck"; "we really don't have anything to go on"; have squelched rumors, he claims; "we've got a lot of work ahead of us"; "we're holding out that hope that Mickey is alive out there."

IF she was in a quiet, unpopulated, dark area, blinking lights probably wouldn't have been much of a deterrent.

I hate even thinking about human trafficking. I don't know how Lafayette would fall in terms of their hunting grounds, but IF someone was hunting here, Mickey's route certainly included areas that would make the abduction easy.

A few weeks ago when the Baines family were kidnapped etc.. my intuition kept popping up with the images of E.Smart feeling the younger girls were someplace " in the woods" and they were as it turned out.

What keeps coming to my mind in this case is something that happened to my brother two years ago. He was bike riding on a country road in upstate NY and a woman in a car hit him. Literally hit and drove him several feet off the road. He broke several ribs ( only ) but you know what the first thing the woman driver said? She said, "Are you Single???...because people DO MEET this way"!!! ) WTH... this struck me as a very strange thing to say considering he was sprawled out and injured.

But ....OT or not. for what ever it is worth....I keep thinking of that and seeing Poor MS run off the road in the middle of the night...then abducted by some truck or van by someone or "plural people" that took everything with them. I hate the thought and reality of human trafficking.:::shudder::: :-(

I really really, do not think that she voluntarily " ran away". Kids in close families do not miss their siblings graduations.

:-(
Praying for the missing.
We have to teach our kids how to be smarter/safer in our world.
:couch:

Questions directed to Cpl. Mouton*:

* "We have been reviewing hours and hours of video....very grainy" [some of it] "or we can't make out what's passing in front of the camera."

* Phone call was from a friend of Mickey's, who has been spoken to.
---
Tim Miller: "We actually go out and we drive areas, we do some recon work out there, and determine what resources are needed for that area."
---
Volunteers needed.
---
* "Brettly has been very cooperative....has come in and done lengthy interviews with us....we've been able to find the facts that the basis of his story is true."

* "So far we have found no articles that are believed to be relevant."

Presser: they're good on search supplies and just need volunteers, over 18yo, I think they said 8am (not sure)

presser: they have NOT found any articles yet that they feel are connected :(

presser over

regular news at 5pm CST
(katc.com, wgfgdot posted livestream link on page 1, I closed it and lost the good link while trying to copy it, arghhh)

I couldn't transcribe the whole presser, but they did say that a helicopter is going up soon, but KATC did not say whether they would stream it. I think it's Equusearch's helicopter, rather than the news station's. Not sure.

That was a good little presser. Didn't learn much, other than that LE doesn't know much at this time either. But I've seen those things handled much worse, so thumbs up to LPD and Co. for a good briefing.

Nothing about the van, the distrubances or the text. Bang head.

I couldn't transcribe the whole presser, but they did say that a helicopter is going up soon, but KATC did not say whether they would stream it. I think it's Equusearch's helicopter, rather than the news station's. Not sure.
Did Tim Miller say they had a drone available but haven't used it yet? My dog was into something when I thought I heard that so I was distracted.

IF she had her mace in her hand when she rode away that night, then wouldn't there be evidence of the smell of the spray, somewhere along the search routes? IMO, if someone grabbed her, she would have had time to spray them first. And there would be remnants of that spray on the side of the road.

Did Tim Miller say they had a drone available but haven't used it yet? My dog was into something when I thought I heard that so I was distracted.
Yep...not yet (but helicopter going up this afternoon). He said they've been very carefully planning where to use which resources.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ncdukefan