Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #17 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
LE has never mentioned shoes, which in one way makes me think they might have them. They want people to search, surely they should describe the shoes and any other missing items for people to watch for. The only thing I have seen is that they are "gray shoes" and that was a while ago. JMO

They were probably in the bag with the folded clothes then. That darn, frustrating bag.

jmo

Well for all we know her shoes could have been in the purse/backpack.
They never said that the shoes were not there. They just said neatly folded clothing.
Just like for so long we thought her scent was at the end of the drive way.

Or did they say there was no shoes and I missed it?

True, LE did say they had recovered all of her items, including her money, didn't they? So maybe that means the shoes too...

Well for all we know her shoes could have been in the purse/backpack.
They never said that the shoes were not there. They just said neatly folded clothing.
Just like for so long we thought her scent was at the end of the drive way.

Or did they say there was no shoes and I missed it?

I don't think they have ever said no shoes.

So if everything was packed in the bag, and neatly stacked between a shed and a cactus that really makes me think he wanted to go back for it. Which makes me think he just might have seen her Twitter and/or FB before hand.

I said before I thought he had no clue this case would get so huge. Maybe he thought based on some of her Twitter postings that it would be assumed she ran back to Fremont and he would have some time to go reclaim her bag before she was reported missing.

Just a random thought, not even an opinion.

Which is mind boggling since his family is no shining example. jmo.

His background is much worse, but I think they are definitely going to use Sierra's twitter account against her. But at the same time, what good will that do? No matter what Sierra's behavior was like, it wouldn't justify being kidnapped and murdered.

Ok, so let's say they have good evidence placing Sierra in his car and with his DNA on her clothing, maybe a video on her street. How can the defense try to explain this? The only thing I can think right now is that they could try to argue that the two did in fact know each other. Or that she did get in his car, but he dropped her off somewhere and doesn't know what happened to her after that. But, wouldn't the defense have to try to prove that somehow?

You know what would be interesting is if LE has video of him driving around her neighborhood in the days/weeks leading up to her disappearance. Or even on her street.

His background is much worse, but I think they are definitely going to use Sierra's twitter account against her. But at the same time, what good will that do? No matter what Sierra's behavior was like, it wouldn't justify being kidnapped and murdered.

Ok, so let's say they have good evidence placing Sierra in his car and with his DNA on her clothing, maybe a video on her street. How can the defense try to explain this? The only thing I can think right now is that they could try to argue that the two did in fact know each other. Or that she did get in his car, but he dropped her off somewhere and doesn't know what happened to her after that. But, wouldn't the defense have to try to prove that somehow?

You know what would be interesting is if LE has video of him driving around her neighborhood in the days/weeks leading up to her disappearance. Or even on her street.

I agree. And I mentioned yesterday that they just might have evidence of him coming back a day or two later..... hmmmm

The only thing with her online persona, I could see the defense trying to make a case that Sierra is worldly and perfectly capable of taking care of herself in the big bad world...and using it more to try to insinuate she is alive someplace. JMO

And no, the defense does not have to prove anything, But he can't say he dropped her off, safe and sound, unless he testifies.

I don't think they have ever said no shoes.

So if everything was packed in the bag, and neatly stacked between a shed and a cactus that really makes me think he wanted to go back for it. Which makes me think he just might have seen her Twitter and/or FB before hand.

I said before I thought he had no clue this case would get so huge. Maybe he thought based on some of her Twitter postings that it would be assumed she ran back to Fremont and he would have some time to go reclaim her bag before she was reported missing.

Just a random thought, not even an opinion.

BBM. But, see, how would he have known who she was before? To find her twitter and FB, he would have had to have known her first and last name. Unless he rung her up when he was working at the store, how would he have known her name? If it wasn't this way, then it seems like the two of them would have had to have met in some capacity prior to her disappearance. Maybe at a party? If he just saw her walking on the road and tried to talk to her and get her name, I can't really see her giving her first and last name to a stranger unless she was very naive. If his car was the one she was referring to in her tweets, she seemed annoyed, maybe a little paranoid about seeing it, I can't see her going out and giving him her first and last name.

I think so too, he would have needed headlights that early on that type of day. Which is exactly why I think this was premeditated and not just some random kidnapping. Yes, he COULD have been going fishing or to work or whatever and just happened to be in the right place at the right time, but there are too many coincidences for me.

1. I know people have been saying Oct - March is cold in this area. I disagree, at least for this year. We had several warm, bright days that almost felt like summer. I know for a fact my kids and I went swimming more than once, basked in the sun by the lake in shorts, etc. I have pics to prove it ;) Although we had some rain, the dark, drizzly morning Sierra was abducted was not the norm for this winter/spring.

2. There were normally workers in a field near her home, that were in another field that day. Does anyone know if they rotate fields on a regular schedule? Something AGT would have noticed?

3. There is a narrow window of time that Sierra leaves her home to walk, he would had to have been very "lucky" indeed to stumble upon her halfway down her court the few minutes she would have been there.

4. I think he would have had to have known her schedule to be certain she was always alone and always took the bus. She very well could walk w/ RG daughter somedays, or get rides by a parent somedays.

5. I think he would have had to have some idea that no neighbors would be coming out to go to work.

Obviously all JMO, we know with him linked to the Safeway assaults he is pretty bold, but I have a very hard time believing his last attacks were 2009. I think he has gotten better, and was watching Sierra.

So I'm going to assume he would have had a game plan in place. A way to get her in the car very quickly before anyone came out of their house or drove by. Toss out the phone, take her somewhere (the empty house? "fishing" at Uvas?) and probably knew exactly what he would do with the body, but what?!?!? They seem so confident they will find something in the water, but I'm not so sure.

Sorry, just thinking "out loud". I really hope she is found soon.

I have observed people in parking lots going to their car in the rain. Normally, they either obstruct their view with an umbrella, or tuck their heads down and move swiftly. People are less likely to be aware of things happening around them (IMO) under these conditions.

Also, do people in CA really go fishing in the rain?

The defense would try to show that the evidence also fits an alternative scenario such as you describe, thus casting doubt on the prosecution's case.

Believe me, the defense will do anything to put "reasonable doubt" in one person's mind. As I wrote earlier, the prosecution has to present/defend its case; the defense does not. The defense did a great job of doing that in the Caylee Anthony case, OJ Simpson, and others. Juries don't lightly take death penalty cases. I'm sure AGT's past will not be allowed in the Sierra case. PD will portray AGT as being in the wrong place at the wrong time, a product of his poor upbringing, lack of a father figure, that he gave Sierra a ride that day, anything to garner sympathy for his client. Since this is so high profile, PD will request a change of venue, most likely to Southern California. Too much pre-trial publicity in the Bay Area.

Maybe he'll do the right thing and confess, saving everyone the agony of re-living the event. So far, he's been pretty arrogant.

She had me in tears the other day, and I don't go to blubbering easily. I mentioned it here and thought I'd get egged for saying it out loud.

LOL no no eggs, its all very sad.
They knew they were being followed and his mom was trying to make light of it.... she says let them do their job. They will find the right person!
I dont understand why he didnt run away!

I do hope LE has their evidence!!!!

BBM. But, see, how would he have known who she was before? To find her twitter and FB, he would have had to have known her first and last name. Unless he rung her up when he was working at the store, how would he have known her name? If it wasn't this way, then it seems like the two of them would have had to have met in some capacity prior to her disappearance. Maybe at a party? If he just saw her walking on the road and tried to talk to her and get her name, I can't really see her giving her first and last name to a stranger unless she was very naive. If his car was the one she was referring to in her tweets, she seemed annoyed, maybe a little paranoid about seeing it, I can't see her going out and giving him her first and last name.

FS had at least one mutual friend with Sierra on FB, maybe she had more since MH is not a huge place. I don't think it would have been hard to have stumbled on her page.

ETA: Sierra also put her telephone number online, and made references to random people messages her. He could have probably gotten quiet a bit of info out of her, if he was smart about it.

I have observed people in parking lots going to their car in the rain. Normally, they either obstruct their view with an umbrella, or tuck their heads down and move swiftly. People are less likely to be aware of things happening around them (IMO) under these conditions.

Scott Peterson did. :what:

BBM - I agree, and that is exactly why I think he chose that day. Like I said we had a lot of sunny days, this day was not the norm.

And yes, I've seen people fish in the weather we had that day. It was cold with light rain, but not a huge storm or anything. A hardcore fisherman would not have been put off by the weather, imo.

She had me in tears the other day, and I don't go to blubbering easily. I mentioned it here and thought I'd get egged for saying it out loud.

No egging from me, I feel the same way about his mom. I'm still not sure about the others. :fence:

I still don't know how to link...

But if you go to SEARCH on top blue heading of each page...

Type in Websleuths Lingo...

You will find a listing of this thread.

It is about three pages, and will provide you with much of the acronyms/lingo you may need!:seeya:

HTH = (Hope This Helps)

While you are at it..
I still don't know what WRT stands for! :smile:

WRT= With Regards To

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics