TN - Joann, 31, & Adrienne Bain, 14, Whiteville, 27 April 2012 - #1

I wonder where/who the dad is for the two eldest. Has he spoken out?

There doesn't seem to be any "new" news on this case. Are LE agents keeping this close? Strange case indeed.

Still no ID on bodies found.

This is from the most recent - within the last minute - AP update:

HARDEMAN COUNTY, TENN. -- A family friend says a Tennessee woman and her three children who have gone missing had recently moved to Arizona.

Linda Kirkland is a cook at the Country Cafe in Whiteville, Tenn. Kirkland said Sunday that Jo Ann Bain and her three daughters had recently moved to Arizona because the two youngest girls had asthma.

Kirkland says the family had recently returned to Tennessee to take care of some business after a death in the family.
---
more here: http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_MISSING_SISTERS?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

Still no ID on bodies found.

This is from the most recent - within the last minute - AP update:

more here: http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_MISSING_SISTERS?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

It sounds like she lived in TN, moved to AZ, returned to TN (temporarily) to take care of a death in the family?

Snipped from below article: "Alpine Fire Chief Lewis Grimes says Mayes had just recently moved to town about a year ago and most people didn’t know much about him or his family."

http://wreg.com/2012/05/05/who-is-suspected-kidnapper-adam-mayes-his-neighbors-paint-a-picture/

Where did he live before?

Still digging......

The suspect is the ex brother in law of the mother's husband, but that is only from FB. That has not been stated in MS media so consider it rumor.

I was hoping you could shed more light on this... where on FB does it seem that's how he is associated with this family?

Sickos usually have a very strict type and age range. I believe he must have been focused on either mom or one (possibly two) girls. I keep trying to figure out -- which one was the object of his obssession?

Okay, I am going to engage in some wild speculation now. Since there isn't any new info coming out, my mind is running laps. These may not even make sense.

Theory #1... Adrienne was the focus. Maybe AM romanced the 14yo, and as mom was preparing to move them to AZ, he and Adrienne planned to escape together. I heard a friend of Adrienne's said she was planning to dye her hair this weekend. That seems odd to me, considering that they say they found evidence that AM cut his hair and that others had cut/dyed hair too. So possibly when the escape was happening, mom realized what was going on and tried to intervene. Mom and youngest could be the two bodies (I hope not), because he really seemed close to Adrienne (14yo) and Alexandria (12yo) in his FB photos.

Theory #2: Adrienne and Alexandria were the focus (which is why I was hoping to clarify his "ex-brother-in-law" status, for this theory). IF he were the brother of Jo Ann's ex (the one who fathered the two older girls) that would kind of explain why it didn't freak anyone out for him to have pics of himself with the girls all over his FB page. Then I could kind of see him being mad that the girls were moving away, and maybe mom and youngest are the bodies found, since they are not biologically related to him. (He is called "brother" on all 3 girls' FB pages.)

Theory #3: JoAnn was the focus, and maybe was running away with the guy... then things got ugly and he killed his own parents, or someone else who tried to stop them.

Okay, like I said, these are all wild speculation.

I don't understand why there isn't screaming coverage on who these bodies are. Where this guy and this mom & these girls could be. Should'nt there be an APB? This is a crazy and dangerous situation for a lot of people and the public is just left hanging?

Union County Sheriff Jimmy Edwards says autopsies will be performed Sunday on two
bodies found in the backyard
of a man wanted in connection with the abduction of a mother and her three daughters.

-------------

The sheriff adds that law enforcement knows the identities on the bodies but cannot release that information yet.

http://www.wtva.com/news/local/stor...77&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=facebook

I think any bodies found in or around a residence used by this suspect are going to be tied to the case.
It doesn't have to mean that they are victims FROM this case however.

If this guy kills two people and then abducts 4 more... those two murders are still "tied to the case" because it's the same suspect.

We've seen that before... woman goes missing, two totally unrelated people go missing... bodies are found in separate places.
One body obviously indicates that the others are in extreme danger.

Make sense? :waitasec:

I wonder where/who the dad is for the two eldest. Has he spoken out?

I believe he spoke out on the facebook page at some point, but other than that I haven't seen anything.
These girls don't have his last name and the current husband has been around at least since they were 3 and 1...
So I wondered if the biological father may not be around a lot?

This article makes it sound like LE does not know the identity of the bodies. *IF* that is true, then something bad was done to them. :() (ETA - Just saw MsF's post above that LE *does* know the ID of the bodies - my guess is the mom isn't one of them and maybe they don't know at this point what her involvement is... willing accomplice, forced accomplice, or victim. If the public were to find out the mom is 'on the run', they may assume she's a perp also, which may/may not be the case. JMHO)

bbm
----------------------------------
http://abcnews.go.com/US/missing-te...und-identified/story?id=16289357#.T6bNO1FFajM

Authorities are working to identify the two bodies found in Mississippi during the search for a missing Tennessee mother and her three daughters this weekend.

This is ridiculous! If Mayes is the one who killed these two people, then he knows what he did and who they are. Why keep the identities of the bodies so secret? I don't understand.

At first the bodies were supposedly found in the house. One article (forgot which one) mentioned the bodies were found in the yard. I believe the people in that immediate area deserve to know who was killed! I cannot believe a local has not leaked who he/she believes the bodies to be. The people in the surrounding area know who lived in that house, I would think. Could it have been Mayes own sister (ex Mrs. Bain?) and Mother? His Mother and his Father? Who? And why the secrecy?

MOO

This article makes it sound like LE does not know the identity of the bodies. *IF* that is true, then something bad was done to them. :() (ETA - Just saw MsF's post above that LE *does* know the ID of the bodies - my guess is the mom isn't one of them and maybe they don't know at this point what her involvement is... willing accomplice, forced accomplice, or victim. If the public were to find out the mom is 'on the run', they may assume she's a perp also, which may/may not be the case. JMHO)

bbm
----------------------------------
http://abcnews.go.com/US/missing-te...und-identified/story?id=16289357#.T6bNO1FFajM

Authorities are working to identify the two bodies found in Mississippi during the search for a missing Tennessee mother and her three daughters this weekend.

BBM:

I find it hard to believe that local LE and the FBI do not know who these two bodies are.

Just don't believe them...............

MOO

In a pic of the house where the bodies were found, there is an old blue trailer in the back yard. Wonder if that trailer is where Mayes may have lived and not in the house?

Dear God, PLEASE help LE & the FBI locate these girls and their Mother!

*I will hush now because I appear to be hogging the thread!

Does anyone know how Adam Mayes is involved with this family? Is he a relative? Apparently the were close since he had his pictures taken with the girls.

I don't have any idea.

But I'm starting to think that one of them is the mom?

Yet, I'm thinking one victim is the current husband, the 60 year old. Some were wondering why he hasn't spoken, etc....since he reported them missing and I haven't heard/read anything else about him....could that be why??

I WAS thinking the mom as one victim when some of the MSM started leaving her out of the info, etc.....now I'm seeing her description again, so IMO, maybe not.

Hopefully, we'll find out soon!!

BBM:

I find it hard to believe that local LE and the FBI do not know who these two bodies are.

Just don't believe them...............

MOO

http://www.wtva.com/news/local/stor...ies-found-in-mans/Mcl77dXCVEKq7fvrsguphw.cspx

The sheriff adds that law enforcement knows the identities of the bodies but cannot release that information yet.

Sorry for the confusion - as soon as I posted, I saw the post by MsFacetious that they did indeed know who it was but could not release it yet. I think we posted about the same time - so I immediately edited my post to say I saw what she wrote... I think there's a reason why they won't say who it is. Either it's someone peripherally related to the case (ie, not Joann or her daughter, therefore next of kin may need to be notified, etc), or Joann may not be one of them, and LE doesn't want the public to know b/c they don't know Joann'e role yet. All just my speculation at this point.

Still praying and fervently hoping that LE can save Joann and the girls - at last some of them of it's too late for all.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks
Back