2009.10.09 Duct Tape Photos From Remains Released

I find it hard to understand why the ME office would neglect to photograph the skull in the state in which it was received. I saw the question asked in an e-mail, but didn't see an answer. But anyhoo . . .

Didn't OCSO photograph everything at the scene as they found it?
Wasn't there some discussion in a hearing about those photos being leaked and
aren't those the ones JB wants prints of b/c his experts can't "manipulate" them?

I find it hard to understand why the ME office would neglect to photograph the skull in the state in which it was received. I saw the question asked in an e-mail, but didn't see an answer. But anyhoo . . .

Didn't OCSO photograph everything at the scene as they found it?
Wasn't there some discussion in a hearing about those photos being leaked and
aren't those the ones JB wants prints of b/c his experts can't "manipulate" them?

The ME office *did* photograph Caylee's skull, as received, and with tape intact. The email you note discusses that the ME did not include a means of scaling in the photographs taken.

thats so sickening!
i hope they have the death penalty on the table when it comes time for casey's trial.

with the duck tape in that position when they found caylee's skull, would it mean that casey could have suffocated caylee to death with the tape so the baby couldn't breathe?

thats so sickening!
i hope they have the death penalty on the table when it comes time for casey's trial.

with the duck tape in that position when they found caylee's skull, would it mean that casey could have suffocated caylee to death with the tape so the baby couldn't breathe?

That's the $64,000 question!! We don't have the answer-YET!!!:furious:

The ME office *did* photograph Caylee's skull, as received, and with tape intact. The email you note discusses that the ME did not include a means of scaling in the photographs taken.

Thanks, BeanE, for clearing that up for me. I have to admit being confused :waitasec:
several times when reading the discovery notes with e-mails, etc. . .
Getting old - brain cells dying off . . .

*whew*.. Baden's assertions had me a little concerned there. Really really hope that very careful records were made of the skull/tape as it was found.

Last night I found some more images of the tape as it appeared before being cleaned up/separated. These were b/w images included in part of the autopsy report iirc.. sorry I didn't link them at the time, it was late..I will attempt to find them and bungle my way through providing a link. :crazy:...won't be surprised if one of you experts finds em before I have time to finish typing this! Looking at them it was difficult to tell whether the tape was overlapped originally or if it ended up that way as a result of weather and time.

*whew*.. Baden's assertions had me a little concerned there. Really really hope that very careful records were made of the skull/tape as it was found.

Last night I found some more images of the tape as it appeared before being cleaned up/separated. These were b/w images included in part of the autopsy report iirc.. sorry I didn't link them at the time, it was late..I will attempt to find them and bungle my way through providing a link. :crazy:...won't be surprised if one of you experts finds em before I have time to finish typing this! Looking at them it was difficult to tell whether the tape was overlapped originally or if it ended up that way as a result of weather and time.

Muzikman has all the duct tape pictures in high resolution posted in a file you can download.

OH poop.. can't find em now. This is going to drive me nuts, better step away. I'll try again later.

Muzikman has all the duct tape pictures in high resolution posted in a file you can download.

Unfortunately that file doesn't include a picture pre-separation.

BBM

Look what her husband said on December 13:

Internationally-respected forensics pathologist Michael Baden told Eyewitness News on Friday that duct tape could have been used to suffocate or silence someone and prevent them from screaming, which means the child could have suffered traumatic injury.

DUCT TAPE ON MOUTH OF CHILD'S REMAINS
http://www.wftv.com/news/18264817/detail.html

:floorlaugh:

ETA: to clarify, I'm laughing that Baden's husband is on record as having contradicted his wife (LKB), not that Caylee was suffocated.

Just wanted to add that, after a private conversation with QB, I figured out we were talking apples and oranges. I thought we were referring to Caylee's dental impression but in reality someone else had suggested it was KC's impression we were looking at. The claim is that KC used her teeth to tear the tape (see attachment) and you can see her dental arch as well as supposed teeth. That poster says you can see the impression just above and to the left of the H. I've been over that picture to the point of making myself ill, and just don't see it.

Probably a long shot, but so many things can be gleaned and proved through forensic testing. Maybe if investigators and those testing (forensics and bite mark testers) do actually see bite marks, they can be matched to KC. Again, I don't know if that's completely crazy to think but it would be great. BTW, faerie...I don't see the marks either

I know for sure they were in the link in the official docs thread of the entire 1400+ pages recently released. Around the middle of that document somewhere...maybe in the 600s or 700s?

That's the $64,000 question!! We don't have the answer-YET!!!:furious:

Well we will soon know the exact dimensions of Caylee's skull if we do not already. They can measure all the dimensions of her mandible and maxilla. They can measure the width of each piece of tape. If cumulatively the height of three strips of tape was greater than the distance from the inferior surface of the mandible ( the bottom of it) to the superior portion of the maxilla ( the top of it) it would cover her nose and mouth. I would bet my paycheck that the height of the tape is greater!

BBM

Look what her husband said on December 13:

Internationally-respected forensics pathologist Michael Baden told Eyewitness News on Friday that duct tape could have been used to suffocate or silence someone and prevent them from screaming, which means the child could have suffered traumatic injury.

DUCT TAPE ON MOUTH OF CHILD'S REMAINS
http://www.wftv.com/news/18264817/detail.html

:floorlaugh:

ETA: to clarify, I'm laughing that Baden's husband is on record as having contradicted his wife (LKB), not that Caylee was suffocated.

Yes, I saw that interview and remember thinking he would be sleeping on the sofa for a while...

Bumping for NTS. :) Photos of 2 pieces of overlapping duct tape before the pieces were separated and straightened out.

Attachments

• ducttapeoverlap.pdf
    796.6 KB · Views: 216
just thinking about the heart shape on the duct tape and was wondering if the heart impression couldve been made with the "tiffany" ring or bracelet. naybe when she was pressing the tape down she made an impression with the bracelet? just a thought.

On one hand the examiners state that there is no sticky residue left on the duct tape. On the other they state there was sticky sticker residue that was destroyed during fingerprint analysis. This does not really make much sense to me. It would make MORE sense if the inner part of the tape had retained glue then the outer EXPOSED part retaining sticker glue residual. I personally do not see anything in these photos other then three very weathered pieces of duct tape.

On one hand the examiners state that there is no sticky residue left on the duct tape. On the other they state there was sticky sticker residue that was destroyed during fingerprint analysis. This does not really make much sense to me. It would make MORE sense if the inner part of the tape had retained glue then the outer EXPOSED part retaining sticker glue residual. I personally do not see anything in these photos other then three very weathered pieces of duct tape.

Personally, in the grand scheme of things the heart shape sticky residue is not that important. Yes, three pieces of weathered duct tape is what is depicted in the photos. More than likely only the jury will get to see photos of the duct tape on the skull at trial.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back