TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - # 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brother says that there are alot of survivalists in those woods.
Lots of educated men who got tired of the city and moved out to live off the land.
In today's troubled world, the number is increasing.
I think we are dealing with someone who is educated and probably at least in his mid-30's.
He has money and equipment and has watched Holly through the latter part of winter.
Since she loves to ride horses and it seems has plenty of land for them, I wonder if she owns one.
If so, he could have spotted her out riding one day and decided to "take" her.

This is all just my own gut instinct as to why she has not been found.
JMO

This happened to my sister in the late 70s. We had horses at my grandparent's ranch. She rode a lot, and many times alone. Someone watched her and once she was far enough away tried to knock her off of her horse and rape her. Fortunately, she got away....

I see your point but this has been accomplished before.
It would have been dugout over time by a determined person and probably lined with cinder block walls.
Wouldn't have to have a generator.
Just airflow that could be simple.
There are springs for fresh water all over that area.
You are probably right, but I want to hold out hope the reason Holly was taken was because someone wanted her. Alive.
JMO
EDIT to add: a car battery can be used to power alot of things. I had one that I used to power 12-volt lights and such on a sailboat I kept at Pickwick Lake.

dont you all think we are making this all way toooo complicATED.????

I was afraid to state it as fact, because it's increasingly harder to keep up with what is fact and what is rumor, and what was fact but is now rumor in this case. Just erring on the side of caution. How long would hair analysis take on that, you reckon?

Why weren't there evidence flags around the duct tape by the side of the road if it was critical evidence.

Was it really found there at that spot, I wondered yesterday. Or did the news crew or LE place a piece of duct tape there as a prop?

Then, I thought, naw, that reporter said she was currently on a search mission with a search party, so it must be the real one.

Confused.

they are made to go through thos woods!!!!!!
It depends on how dense the bush is. ATVs can ride over saplings, not trees. They cannot ride through dense brush with trees set 1 to 3 or 4 feet apart. However, they can ride on small, narrow trails and over time, turn them into wider trails. The ATVs where I live cannot just drive through anything, they will stay to trails made by animals, hiking or skiing trails, or along electrical transmission lines where power companies will keep the brush cut back.

So, he walks her, or walks and carries her through the woods to the point where an ATV would be the best mode, then when a car becomes more convenient, he gets her in there.

The thing I was wondering is if that really was "the" duct tape on the side of the road, how did it get removed?

Don't really know but straps/bungee cords and even duct tape could have been used to put her onto a "carrier" on the back of a large ATV, like those that are big enough to carry deer out of the woods.
Perhaps the duct tape was used to keep her from screaming.
This is making my head hurt as well as my heart.
Meanwhile, Mom is at church and I can't get the jacket zipped on my 88 year old Daddy's jacket.....thank God for family.
Makes me feel all the more for Holly's family:(
JMO

I was afraid to state it as fact, because it's increasingly harder to keep up with what is fact and what is rumor, and what was fact but is now rumor in this case. Just erring on the side of caution. How long would hair analysis take on that, you reckon?

LOL i watched it with my own eyes lol!!!!

I dont know how long it would take im sure her skin would be on it also if it was over her mouth.

https://www.facebook.com/ActionNews5?sk=wall

wmctv facebook link: they just posted they have someone out at the search all day and will have complete coverage at 5. Also that the new area being searched is heavily wooded (one that had the overnight development)

If someone is avoiding detection it certainly makes sense to go to dense forests, hopefully it will slow them down so the searchers can gain ground.

I just don't think He/They would risk being on a ATV.

And I don't think He/They would risk still being in the woods.

I just don't think He/They would risk being on a ATV.

I dont even think they are out there... Holly might be, but i think the man or young man is long gone! JMO

I just have a feeling this is a young man he was attracted to her maybe felt he didnt have a chance so he took her.

I dont think its anyone hiding in a bunker with a generator and supplies for years,,,,
I think the camo has thrown everyone offff but every kid and male here in southwest fla wears camo girls tooo its just what they wear.

JMO

I could be wrong its just an opinion!
Not so much an opinion its a FEELING!

That could be possible but I think it's unlikely. I don't think they got 6 to 8 miles on foot w/o being noticed (or even on an ATV). And if they are in a vehicle, they are long gone. I don't think the perp would hang out near there if he has a vehicle *and* has Holly still with him. JMHO

Big brother just showed up and told me that his fully-loaded ATV would make it the 8 miles easily in pretty good time.
And he knows the terrain around there.
JMO

It depends on how dense the bush is. ATVs can ride over saplings, not trees. They cannot ride through dense brush with trees set 1 to 3 or 4 feet apart. However, they can ride on small, narrow trails and over time, turn them into wider trails. The ATVs where I live cannot just drive through anything, they will stay to trails made by animals, hiking or skiing trails, or along electrical transmission lines where power companies will keep the brush cut back.

See most people have no reason to drive into the brush, but here we are talking about a person who is making an escape. I dont know how dence the trees are but trees in woods are not always set close together. A good ATV rider can ride on two wheels to jump logs and sideways to get into and out of spaces that 4 wheels on the ground wont allow. If there was room to ride a horse then there would be room for an ATV.

I dont know if an ATV was used or not and at some point they would find evidence of one if one had been used ,would we hear? I dunno. But to discount ones use at this point is premature. IMO

Dirt bike is yet another option.

I'm thinking she screamed right before he put duct tape over her mouth. He probably had a knife to her and told her to keep quiet, but she risked the scream because she knew it was her last chance.

And like SnowInMemphis said, when he got to the ATV he may have bound her up and put her into a box.

Then when he gets to the car, he's got her hidden and he's also got a trailer for the ATV. I'm sure it's a regular sight around there.

And we are negating two important things here in the atv discussion:

1. It's turkey season, it might be pretty commonplace to hear atv noise in the woods if you allow hunters. So common that it wouldn't stand out, it becomes a white noise

2. The hour time lapse. If you are accustomed to the noise and don't "listen" for it, the guy could have been on an atv and back off or long gone before you had a chance to really hear it and connect the dots.

The military does not use many dirt bikes and ATVs becuase they are loud, have limited ranges and run times, and are not as useful as people would think when stealth or speed was required. Yes they use some but not for scouting, recon, etc. Aparently they were more risky to the soldiers operating them as far as accidents and injury were concerned versus any great benefit.

And we are negating two important things here in the atv discussion:

1. It's turkey season, it might be pretty commonplace to hear atv noise in the woods if you allow hunters. So common that it wouldn't stand out, it becomes a white noise

2. The hour time lapse. If you are accustomed to the noise and don't "listen" for it, the guy could have been on an atv and back off or long gone before you had a chance to really hear it and connect the dots.

Plus, I'm sure people would notice a young woman duct taped to an ATV; also, if they were on an ATV, it would not look suspicious to anyone, esp. if Holly had her hands around the guy's waist.

People would just suspect it's another young couple going out for a hunt or an ATV ride in the woods.

I'm thinking she screamed right before he put duct tape over her mouth. He probably had a knife to her and told her to keep quiet, but she risked the scream because she knew it was her last chance.

And like MemphisSnow said, when he got to the ATV he bound her up and put her into a box.

Then when he gets to the car, he's got her hidden and he's also got a trailer for the ATV. I'm sure it's a regular sight around there.

I think he they were out of the woods before any searcher ever stepped foot out there. It was a kidnapping and it appears planned.

I was wondering the closest place to Hollys home to park a car or truck if one was backtracking in the woods from her carport. The 8 miles away find could have been ditched at anytime even a few minutes before it was found.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie