TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm asking this respectfully, and will understand if you don't want to answer. But, are you saying that your impression is that Gail's husband only wants the media in certain areas to cover this?

Thanks lilsnoopy, I am confused too. :)

So Gail's family is turning down media and the reason is that they are trying to avoid impacting the investigation? Just trying to get this straight in my head.

So Gail's family is turning down media and the reason is that they are trying to avoid impacting the investigation? Just trying to get this straight in my head.

Me too. Just can't quite get the idea here.

I put what I was told, kind of vague, but yes, sounds like SOME of the media is being turned down for various reasons.....

I put what I was told, kind of vague, but yes, sounds like SOME of the media is being turned down for various reasons.....

Thanks for sharing. I guess it's hard to know what the reasons are in a situation like this.

I think that GP's family may be talking about NG, etc and not MSM. Since Diane and family was/are not allowed to talk to the children, maybe they don't want to put pressure on MP. Feeling a little intimidation from MP and his attorney??? not to bring any undo attention to MP. Let's face it, he doesn't have a job to go to at this point, and we don't know his mental state either....before or now. Maybe GP's family is walking on egg shells right now because of the children and having to make careful decisions in that regard. I truly believe they want the media's help in getting the word out, but are soft stepping in the coverage of MP, knowing if he is involved, it will be gleaned out. JMO

If they are fearful of the state of their relationship with MP, then I can fully understand why they would be avoiding Nancy Grace at this point. She tends to be overly accusing of people who she feels have a gap in their story, which I understand her reasoning for, but if you are being careful, then that's not the place to go.

I think that GP's family may be talking about NG, etc and not MSM. Since Diane and family was/are not allowed to talk to the children, maybe they don't want to put pressure on MP. Feeling a little intimidation from MP and his attorney??? not to bring any undo attention to MP. Let's face it, he doesn't have a job to go to at this point, and we don't know his mental state either....before or now. Maybe GP's family is walking on egg shells right now because of the children and having to make careful decisions in that regard. I truly believe they want the media's help in getting the word out, but are soft stepping in the coverage of MP, knowing if he is involved, it will be gleaned out. JMO

Are you saying LE may have asked Gail's family of origin to keep this on the down low as much as possible? Is her family under the impresssion LE is looking at him or is LE attempting to cover MP's rear end or perhaps their own? Considering everything that has transpired before and after her disappearance I cannot believe they are not suspicious of his actions/non actions even IF they aren't saying they are...JMHO

ETA..Perhaps, I am totally confused as to what you are trying to say.. Are you saying Gail's family doesn't want HLN and the NG show to feature this case? IF they don't, I can't blame them for that...JMHO

On the other hand IF he is indeed invloved I hope it is gleaned out...JMHO

Was just seeking any information I could find locally on Gail. This was 11 hours ago:

http://timesfreepress.com/news/2011/may/20/palmgren-search-takes-investigators-alabama/

If a story gets one article every day in the local newspaper, then that's pretty good. We only have one newspaper.

There have also been stories nearly every day on all three network affiliates, plus the online Chattanoogan website.

That's all the media we have here, and so far it's been covered every day. If the case grows cold, that's when it will be hard to get them to cover it. I'm sure the police are determined not to let it grow cold.

Also, the stories you see on the local TV websites are reported several times a day. I've seen stories about Gail shown at 6 p.m., then again at 11 p.m., then again the next morning on the early news.

So that's about as much blanket coverage as any big story gets here.

Also, while this perhaps hasn't been all over the Alabama press and media, I believe North Alabama is within the viewing range of some of our TV stations, at least on cable.

I know people have high expectations for there to be wall-to-wall coverage, but obviously there are other local stories going on, and even some other missing person cases. The local media really can't be faulted for the coverage so far, in my opinion. I'm sure they will cover the search this weekend also, but to expect more than one story a day from each media outlet is just asking too much.

Are you saying LE may have asked Gail's family of origin to keep this on the down low as much as possible? Is her family under the impresssion LE is looking at him or is LE attempting to cover MP's rear end or perhaps their own? Considering everything that has transpired before and after her disappearance I cannot believe they are not suspicious of his actions/non actions even IF they aren't saying they are...JMHO

ETA..Perhaps, I am totally confused as to what you are trying to say.. Are you saying Gail's family doesn't want HLN and the NG show to feature this case? IF they don't, I can't blame them for that...JMHO

On the other hand IF he is indeed invloved I hope it is gleaned out...JMHO

IMO, yes, the sensationalism. I dont have any contact with the family, but JMO. I certainly believe LE and her family have suspicions about MP, but think their main focus is finding Gail at this time and could care less about what MP is doing...except in re: to the children.

JMO

If a story gets one article every day in the local newspaper, then that's pretty good. We only have one newspaper.

There have also been stories nearly every day on all three network affiliates, plus the online Chattanoogan website.

That's all the media we have here, and so far it's been covered every day. If the case grows cold, that's when it will be hard to get them to cover it. I'm sure the police are determined not to let it grow cold.

Also, the stories you see on the local TV websites are reported several times a day. I've seen stories about Gail shown at 6 p.m., then again at 11 p.m., then again the next morning on the early news.

So that's about as much blanket coverage as any big story gets here.

Also, while this perhaps hasn't been all over the Alabama press and media, I believe North Alabama is within the viewing range of some of our TV stations, at least on cable.

I know people have high expectations for there to be wall-to-wall coverage, but obviously there are other local stories going on, and even some other missing person cases. The local media really can't be faulted for the coverage so far, in my opinion. I'm sure they will cover the search this weekend also, but to expect more than one story a day from each media outlet is just asking too much.

Thanks, ThoughtFox--this is reassuring. I guess there is no reason to feel upset about coverage for this story.

Columbo

Thanks, ThoughtFox--this is reassuring. I guess there is no reason to feel upset about coverage for this story.

Columbo

Local coverage has been great, but I am concerned, (even tho I can understand about NG, etc) that GP's missing is not getting the national attention it needs to have. GP could be anywhere.....or her jeep...it's been almost 3 weeks now. FL, NY, CA, WA, etc. If the family wanted it to go national, they would know how to at this point or be asking ie: local media, etc. how too.

So, I have a question that maybe someone could answer... If I am Gail, and I did leave to calm down, recharge, think things over, whatever reason, and now I am ready to come back and pickup with whatever life offers, how do I come back? What is going to happen to me, will I bombarded with media, web people who are looking for me etc. Have I done anything, i.e. leaving the kids at home alone, that the police are going to want to talk to me about.

The only reason that I bring this up is that I was reading earlier posts and someone mentioned that they had taken off during their marital problems and went camping, without anyone knowing. If Gail did something similar, and has any access to the media or computer, she may be feeling embarrassed or afraid to come back, not knowing what to expect. I know it would bother me. She can't really just pull up the driveway and expect no one to notice. It is going to cause a stir, even if she just calls her sister or the kids. Just something I have wondered about.

Local coverage has been great, but I am concerned, (even tho I can understand about NG, etc) that GP's missing is not getting the national attention it needs to have. GP could be anywhere.....or her jeep...it's been almost 3 weeks now. FL, NY, CA, WA, etc. If the family wanted it to go national, they would know how to at this point or be asking ie: local media, etc. how too.

I still don't really understand why they are shying away from national coverage. Maybe it has to do with something Gail told her sister during that last phone call--perhaps she told her where she was going and it wasn't far away so they figure she must be nearby, thus no need for national coverage. But yes, it's been 3 weeks now.

I can understand staying away from the more sensationalistic type journalists or news casters (ahem) but it seems like national coverage would help locate Gail,and either ferret out the perp or exonerate anyone who might be under suspicion at this time. Just a thought.

I'm just editing to say, "ferret out the perp IF there is a perp". thanks

I did get confirmation from a family member close to Gail that there is not alot of media coverage and they really don't want it to go to Certian ones. (IMO, the husband) Gail's brother and sister are being contacted and they are turning stuff down for specific reasons. I was told the law inforcement is being respected right now as they are gathering evidence against their case.

I apologize, but I still don't quite understand:

1. What do you mean by "it" and "ones"? You say they don't want "it" to go to certain "ones." Do you mean they don't want media attention from certain media outlets? Do you mean they don't want certain people interviewed by the media?

2. Law enforcement is gathering evidence against who? Against what case?

She can't really just pull up the driveway and expect no one to notice. It is going to cause a stir, even if she just calls her sister or the kids. Just something I have wondered about.

If Gail has access to the media, she is fully aware that people are worried about her. Her first step would most assuredly be to call her sister or someone from her bio family. From there, they would work out how to get her home in the safest, most secure way possible.

I don't personally believe this is a case of her just being so embarrassed that she is allowing her children, her family, and her friends to worry unnecessarily for weeks on end.

So, I have a question that maybe someone could answer... If I am Gail, and I did leave to calm down, recharge, think things over, whatever reason, and now I am ready to come back and pickup with whatever life offers, how do I come back? What is going to happen to me, will I bombarded with media, web people who are looking for me etc. Have I done anything, i.e. leaving the kids at home alone, that the police are going to want to talk to me about.

The only reason that I bring this up is that I was reading earlier posts and someone mentioned that they had taken off during their marital problems and went camping, without anyone knowing. If Gail did something similar, and has any access to the media or computer, she may be feeling embarrassed or afraid to come back, not knowing what to expect. I know it would bother me. She can't really just pull up the driveway and expect no one to notice. It is going to cause a stir, even if she just calls her sister or the kids. Just something I have wondered about.

But a woman's motherly feelings would overcome embarrassment, wouldn't they?

And camping for two weeks? There's no background here that she would even be capable of camping on her own for two weeks. Hiding out somewhere, maybe, but camping? This is a person who drove over four hours to get to a vacation home when she could have just as easily gone to a hotel.

And while people say she has been seen in Alabama, who knows how many red jeeps there are in Alabama? I believe that she would have contacted either her family or her children by now if she was able.

(Whoops! I hit Columbo's post instead of yours confused! Sorry about that to both....:blushing:)

If Gail called her sister or family and wanted to come home, she would have all the support of LE, the media, and WS if they stated they needed privacy. MOST people would respect that. Granted there would be the few and the nutballs, ...who prolly haven't picked up one flyer and just wanted to be "@". She'd hopefully ignore them and see them for what they were. There are so many people out there who would support her and pass no judgement. Life is full of problems....for all of us...and they can be handled...appropriately. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam