Anthony's still selling Caylee Missing Shirts

What Bothers You About Selling the T shirts the MOST

• The fact these t shirts are possibly being distributed AT ALL

Votes: 141 43.0%
  • That there is the potential for the Anthony's to make Money?

Votes: 139 42.4%
  • Doesn't Bother Me

Votes: 48 14.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
you said:
"all we know for a fact is that they are selling them"
I took that to mean they are actually selling them. But now I see you meant they are selling them as in "they are for sale."
if no one is buying them then there isn't any money being made, so the money issue is kind of moot.My point is they cannot sell them if no one will buy them.

Not to me. The point is their attempt to CONTINUE to make money off of exploiting Caylee. That's what galls me. Not whether they're untimately successful at it or not.

you said:
"all we know for a fact is that they are selling them"
I took that to mean they are actually selling them. But now I see you meant they are selling them as in "they are for sale."
if no one is buying them then there isn't any money being made, so ihe money issue is kind of moot.

If they were giving them away, then the money issue would be moot, but as they are trying to sell them, personally, I think it is about money...it's certainly not about finding Caylee anymore. So, if not about money, what is it about?

BTW, I have no inisde knowledge...I certainly don't know for a fact they are selling them, only what every one else knows, and that is they have put up a new post on myspace advertising them for sale. MB says people have asked for them, but in my opinion, that doesn't necessarily mean it's true.

Not to me. The point is their attempt to CONTINUE to make money off of exploiting Caylee. That's what galls me. Not whether they're untimately successful at it or not.
ITA...IMO...it should be taken off...period! That would put an end to it. As MB has the job of maintaining the site (as evident by her posting...geesh, why would I need to know of her surgery?) she should be a little more sensitive to the fact that she is "promoting" the sale of items related to a dead child.

Which only goes to show that CA never actually loved Caylee. You would never do this to the memory of someone you loved. NEVER
This is the problem I have had all along. So many people say "CA and GA loved her so much", blah blah. How do they know they loved her? If it's because she was clothed, bathed and fed, most parents/gparents do that out of necessity. They bought her a lot of toys and sure they look happy in the videos, but what do their actions really say about them? She's dead, at the hands of her mother, and they are selling shirts that say she's "missing". The a's are a very very sick bunch of people.

I don't think they are capable of loving anyone but themselves.

What I find interesting is that MB from KFN is speaking about it....Caylee has been found. Shouldn't they have moved on to helping the families of other missing children and shouldn't they use any opportunities they have to address the media to make pleas re the young missing Florida boy rather than to promote the sale of Caylee t-shirts?

exactly. These people need to do something productive because, unfortunately, it's too late for little Caylee.

That's what I mean.Perhaps the money is not the point and is moot. But the ethics, morality and political correctness of it is quite another.
I would question those that would want to buy them for the same reasons.

ETA: IOW,would it be ok if they were just giving them away?

There is also a market for heroin, but that doesn't make it ok to sell it.

I don't believe their claim that people have been emailing them to buy them...why should I believe anything they say anymore?

And ITA with your last paragraph.

:clap::rolling::rolling::rolling::rolling::rolling:

If they were giving them away, then the money issue would be moot, but as they are trying to sell them, personally, I think it is about money...it's certainly not about finding Caylee anymore. So, if not about money, what is it about?

BTW, I have no inisde knowledge...I certainly don't know for a fact they are selling them, only what every one else knows, and that is they have put up a new post on myspace advertising them for sale. MB says people have asked for them, but in my opinion, that doesn't necessarily mean it's true.
You raise a great point.
how would you all feel if they were giving them away?
Is it the money or is it the t-shirts and what they represent? These are 2 distinctly different things.
just a general question for all.

That's what I mean.Perhaps the money is not the point and is moot. But the ethics, morality and political correctness of it is quite another.
I would question those that would want to buy them for the same reasons.
Absolutely (if MB's claim is legit). What a world we live in!

You raise a great point.
Is it the money or is it the t-shirts and what they represent? These are 2 distinctly different things.
As much as I hate to say this, they should be disgarded.

You raise a great point.

If they were GIVING them away (and not charging S&H either) I would not care. It's trying to drain the last red cent that gauls me!

In this economy...what I want type of person would be BUYING these shirts?

Unfortunately, there are sick people who would buy something like this and keep it as "memorabilla" (as if Caylee were some rock star, or something), no matter what condition the economy is in.

if they were giving them away (and not charging s&h either) i would not care. it's trying to drain the last red cent that gauls me!

Bingo. Why aren't they focused on laying Caylee to rest instead?!

If they were GIVING them away (and not charging S&H either) I would not care. It's trying to drain the last red cent that gauls me!
Ok this is interesting. For you it is about the money not about the shirt then.
Maybe I'll add a poll to this thread.

You raise a great point.

If I was a friend of theirs, I would tell them it was inappropriate, remind them that Caylee has been found, and that it was time for them to try to start moving on with their lives as best they can. I would encourage them to find other ways to spend their time other than accounting for cheques arriving to the home for t-shirt and bracelet sales. I would have suggested they remove the "ad" for the t-shirts and to put a blurb up about the missing 6 year old boy in it's place. Their site is getting lots of hits still I'm sure, and it would be nice if they used it to help someone else.

You raise a great point.

They were quick to donate all those toys that people had left for Caylee. These shirts were donated to them and or paid for with donated funds. They should pay it forward and take the leftover boxes down to the local homeless shelter. I am sure a homeless person would appreciate a nice new shirt.

So, if someone gave you one of these shirts would you get rid of it? or would you keep it?

They were quick to donate all those toys that people had left for Caylee. They should take the leftover boxes down to the local homeless shelter. I am sure a homeless person would appreciate a nice new shirt.
OMG I think this board would erupt if they did that, but I have been wrong before :)

So, if someone gave you one of these shirts would you get rid of it? or would you keep it?

Personally, I wouldn't accept it. I feel that it would be just more exploitation of an innocent little girl who was murdered (by a member of the family trying to give me the t-shirt, no less).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sugarheart27