Found Deceased MI - Venus Stewart, 32, Colon, 28 April 2010 - # 1 *D. Stewart guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK got some clarification, on NG, as to the vehicles. Venus's dad said that as far as he knows the vehicles haven't been located, the mother said they should be in the husbands high rise apt parking lot (in Newport News). Confusing with little information coming out from LE, maybe having Venus's story on the show will bring about some answers.

Did I hear it right the father said they found slipper prints on the propane tank? As if she had been struggling? On NG, I'm sure it will be in the transcript

That's what he said - it's as though she was picked up sideways
I visualize the worst kind of scene - this poor woman and all that with her children and elderly dad inside. Yikes What a monster :eek:

I spoke with Lt. Ricko from the Michigan State Police this morning, and he says on Monday, April 26, 2010, Venus was abducted from her parents’ home as she walked out in the early morning hours to mail a letter. She was wearing only her pajamas at the time. An alert was immediately issued for two vehicles, which have not been located.

http://www.michellesigona.com/2010/04/missing-mom-abducted-update/

PS. The husband lawyered up very early on. I will see if I can find the article.

He'd be crazy not to have a lawyer.

I am watching Nancy Grace right now and OMG this is so heartbreaking what her dad is saying. I have slight anxiety feeling in after hearing anything so that tells you right there how it affected me. My god this is so sad.

BTW: I have anxiety and take medication for it but the medicine has helped me a lot to the point where I don't get real bad attacks. I do almost normal on it so my post speaks volumes on how that affected me tonight. I've watched Nancy Grace for almost 2 years now and have never had that happen to me.

I live in Hampton, VA which is RIGHT BESIDE Newport News (like 10 minutes from me) and I've only heard about this on Nancy Grace. NOTHING on the news here. Anyone sleuth the hubby yet? I'm curious as to where he lives/where he works.

Nevermind, I found his address. I'm guessing Venus' maiden name is McComb?

Douglas Stewart declined to comment Wednesday when contacted by the Kalamazoo Gazette and directed questions to his attorney, Jeff Schroder, of Hettinger & Hettinger in Portage. The Gazette was unable to reach Schroder.

http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2010/04/michigan_state_police_remain_h.html

Wed. was April 28th, so he had a lawyer then.

Why would the husband hire a criminal defense lawyer in Michigan two days after she went missing if he lives in Virginia???

--------------

Jeffrey M. Schroder

Jeff is licensed to practice law in all Michigan courts and he has been admitted to practice in the United States District Courts throughout the entire State of Michigan.

Jeff’s fields of practice include Criminal Defense, Medical Malpractice, Auto-Negligence, Personal Injury, Family Law and Appellate Law. Jeff has practiced law as an assistant prosecuting attorney; he has defended most major hospitals in Michigan in Medical Malpractice and Premises Liability lawsuits; he has worked in the claims department at a medical malpractice insurer; and he has defended a major auto-insurer. Thus, Jeff’s experiences provide him with a unique understanding of the methods and strategies employed by the attorneys that he litigates against.

What should I do if a police officer asks to interview me or asks me to take a lie detector test?

You should refuse. Remember, you are not required to talk to a police officer. When a police officer contacts you about a crime, and you have not been a victim or a witness to a crime, the officer is trying to get a confession out of you. Under these circumstances, the police officer is not your friend.

bbm
http://www.hettingerlaw.com/schroder.php

Why would the husband hire a criminal defense lawyer in Michigan two days after she went missing if he lives in Virginia???

--------------

Jeffrey M. Schroder

Jeff is licensed to practice law in all Michigan courts and he has been admitted to practice in the United States District Courts throughout the entire State of Michigan.

Jeff’s fields of practice include Criminal Defense, Medical Malpractice, Auto-Negligence, Personal Injury, Family Law and Appellate Law. Jeff has practiced law as an assistant prosecuting attorney; he has defended most major hospitals in Michigan in Medical Malpractice and Premises Liability lawsuits; he has worked in the claims department at a medical malpractice insurer; and he has defended a major auto-insurer. Thus, Jeff’s experiences provide him with a unique understanding of the methods and strategies employed by the attorneys that he litigates against.

What should I do if a police officer asks to interview me or asks me to take a lie detector test?

You should refuse. Remember, you are not required to talk to a police officer. When a police officer contacts you about a crime, and you have not been a victim or a witness to a crime, the officer is trying to get a confession out of you. Under these circumstances, the police officer is not your friend.

bbm
http://www.hettingerlaw.com/schroder.php

Because an attorney licensed in Michigan would be familiar with their state's constitution and laws governing the local police and prosecutor. Plus he's right there to answer to those authorities on his client's behalf.

Regarding what you bolded, it is so true. If you haven't seen this yet, please take the time to watch it. Entertaining, but contains some valuable advice for us all:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wXkI4t7nuc

Not sure if this statement had already been spoken about.(forgive me if it has, as ive not had time to read thru entire 7pages of posts)
Venus's father stated that she was so very sure that her husband would find her and indeed kill her that she made out her will 3days prior to going missing... This is quite chilling to know this detail. She knew, this poor woman knew exactly what her fate was going to be and unfortunately I too believe that the fate that she met was her final fate and this indeed will end in a very tragic way.

In earlier posts, the allegation of sex abuse was discussed. It has been said on here and in comments on the newspaper thread that if the husband had molested his daughter he would have been arrested.

As a child welfare worker, I can say that often times sex abuse cases are substantiated and unfortunately criminal charges are never brought on. This happens for a variety of reasons. For cases to be substantiated by CPS, you only need a preponderance of the evidence, as opposed to beyond a reasonable doubt in criminal proceedings. Often times, there is not enough physical evidence or the victims are too young to testify and it does not get brought to a criminal trial.

Of course, I am not saying this is what has happened in this case....just speaking from a general knowledge that these types of molestation allegations often do not get prosecuted. Both scary and sad, really.

Also, it is VERY common for abusers to accuse their victims of the very things they themselves have done to their victims and as another poster on here said....to claim their victim is mentally unstable, on medications, is a drug user, claim self defense, etc... Yes, men do get abused too, but abusers also use these tactics very frequently against their victims.

I just heard about this case when I watched nancy grace at 1 am
so, if my opioins have already been discussed, forgive me

do we know who the letter was to ?

My thoughts
did she have a phone conversation with somebody the night before
saying ok i will put it in the mail first thing in the morning

did the ex and her have bills together and maybe one was due ?

I guessing that would be the first thing they check phone records
cell phones land lines ?

I know i have had conversation probably a million times on the phone, Ok i will put in the mail first thing ?

what times the mail run ?

does she usually go to the mail first thing in the morning
I heard a man on Nancy grace
say I dont why she didnt tell me to watch the kids ?
so that made me think it was regular occurrence her going to the mail box at that time. all of this jmo

just all the thought that came to my head when i was watching
sorry to ramble

does the mail run at the same time on a regular basis
My comes in the afternoon, My moms comes first thing in the morning

I live in Hampton, VA which is RIGHT BESIDE Newport News (like 10 minutes from me) and I've only heard about this on Nancy Grace. NOTHING on the news here. Anyone sleuth the hubby yet? I'm curious as to where he lives/where he works.

I know! I'm in MI, on the other side of the state, but had'nt heard anything until I saw it on the forums. I searched for updated info and could only get stuff that was days old! I was so glad NG covered this story but then I woke up this morning and still nothing by way of updates or tips of them being seen anywhere. It's maddening that this poor woman just disappeared. Yes I know every day all day it seems but when you get hooked on a case and no one is reporting or giving info you just want to scream,"hello there is a woman out there needing some help! Right now!"

http://www.sturgisjournal.com/topstories/x1406502956/Search-continues
k i found one updated article. That has nothing new. period. They say it's like she fell off the face of the earth.

Could it be that, thanks to Tiffany Tehan, the media has a case of "missing mom overload"? I know a lot of people, myself included, put a lot of emotional energy into that case only to find out she was taking a little vay-cay. This case seems much more ominous than TT's, but there's been practically no information and until NG last night, no attention at all paid to it.

Could it be that, thanks to Tiffany Tehan, the media has a case of "missing mom overload"? I know a lot of people, myself included, put a lot of emotional energy into that case only to find out she was taking a little vay-cay. This case seems much more ominous than TT's, but there's been practically no information and until NG last night, no attention at all paid to it.

True that! But with the filings for divorce, her implying sexual abuse to their daughter and her moving away from him, those things made it different for me. And the tt stories are so far an few in between actual abductions and harm that come to these wives in volitile situations. I'm more inclined to think it's just a really small town and the media is'nt as aggressive there than in a larger area. ? idk.

I'm more inclined to think it's just a really small town and the media is'nt as aggressive there than in a larger area. ? idk.

It's been a few years since I was in Colon, but if I recall it was very small and very rural.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth