MO - Lisa Irwin, 10 months, Kansas City, 4 Oct 2011 - #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does this case remind anyone of the Mccann case? I can see so many parallels. Unfortunately that case has never been solved

Does this case remind anyone of the Mccann case? I can see so many parallels. Unfortunately that case has never been solved

Oh god, I hope this case doesn't drag on for years with no resolution like the McCann case has.

I think the idea of a rest day is bizarre as all get out. There is no "rest" day for the parents of a missing child. Let me tell ya....every moment of every day you are pacing the floors, walking the sidewalks, calling someone on the phone, begging anyone who will listen to help you...anything you can do to find your child. I was almost mad with energy and exhaustion all at the same time. Over time, you feel yourself begin to detach...as if you are watching yourself from afar. This coping mechanism is natural and part of self-protection. Its surreal.

The anti-anxiety medication simply keeps you from being hysterical. I begged LE to camp out at my house...I asked to drive, call, search, plead...anything they could find for me to do, I wanted to do it. I retold every detail about my child that I could remember...every place we had been, every friend he had, every place he had spent the night, all of his teachers and classes and little hobbies. I pulled out all the pictures and awards and little hand prints....we took his room apart searching for any clue. There were no hours in the day...day and night all blended together.

Even now, years since the event, my heart races at the thought of those days. When hubby and I discuss it, we both get very animated with loud voices and tears and odd details that we still remember. If it gets on my mind, I still can't sleep....I have to get up and move around. Thank God for ambien.

Life is never the same again, even when your child is recovered. Even when they grow up...you still have residual challenges. There is the child and their issues....you and yours. And then your other children who are greatly effected. Every one is traumatized to some level. To this day, even now that the siblings are older, they call to check on us and each other throughout the day...between classes and jobs. When hubby and I are out, they call to check on us EVERY TIME they hear a siren. Our son who was missing has grown up and has somewhat removed himself from our lives even though we have sought every kind of help we can. We hear about him through a few contacts...but our whole relationship is complicated and painful.

Nothing is the same again...nothing.

Thank you so much for sharing your insight into this. I'm so sorry for what you went through.

I think I would call Tim Miller.....and America's Most Wanted, instead of appearing on Nightline with nothing new to say that hadn't been said on all the news outlets for 7 days. If I were afraid of LE, I'd call Jose Baez or Lin Wood. So odd they haven't gotten an attorney - and TES is normally always called....although he did file a suit against the Anthony's for wasting the money that was needed for legitimate searches.

Of course this is hard on them, but as a parent, you do what you have to do, and then you rest.

TES is not always called and they are not always welcome by LE either. Most families of missing have no idea who TES is until someone like us points it out to them. LE has gotten better about letting outside search orgs help, but many still say no.

I noticed that one of the friends of a family member (on FB) has Kyron as their photo...so at least someone they know is aware of missing persons, JMO...

Why was the amber alert called off, anyway?

http://www.amberalert.gov/faqs.htm

"Police cancelled the Amber Alert Tuesday night on what they call a technicality. Authorities say Amber Alerts are most useful in the hours following a disappearance when a suspect may be attempting to flee with or harm a child. It is a way of immediately alerting the public to increase vigilance.

Once 12 hours have passed, Amber Alerts are often called off as searches continue. Kansas City police said that cancelling the Amber Alert does not change the nature of the search.

"Lisa Irwin is still considered a missing/endangered juvenile," police Sgt. Stacey Graves said in a news release."
http://abcnews.go.com/US/missing-missouri-baby-parents-make-emotional-plea-return/story?id=14670008

Why wouldn't they just say if that happened though? 6 and 8 are too young to be charged with anything, so its not like they would need to protect their son.

That is true, but sometimes people do stupid things when they are scared and trying to protect someone they love. Even if something happened that was an accident... the guilt would consume that person for the rest of their life.

I was pushing my baby brother in a stroller when he was little and the stroller tipped over and he bashed his head. I was only 4... My brother now has severe epilepsy and I always wonder if it was because of the accident.

Could be the boy tried to put down the side of the crib and the baby fell out... who knows.. but, that kitten does seem to mentioned a lot.

Just a few thoughts regarding recent news. I cannot believe the parents are taking another "rest" day. I thought that was what they did yesterday. If that was my child or grandchild I would be running up and down the streets myself looking for her.

Why are they not staying in their home? The police don't seem to be doing any more investigation there.

And for those who don't believe the parents harmed the baby, because she looks "healthy and well-cared for." Even good parents sometimes snap or over medicate a child. The urgency of parents who are frantic to find a child, doesn't seem to be evident in this situation.

MOO

Feeling sad, but still clinging to hope for Lisa.

I would like to know if Debbie admitted to leaving the door unlocked for the first time straight off (and it just wasn't reported til later). Or, did she remember not locking the door only after window entry/exit possibility was tested and excluded.

I think the idea of a rest day is bizarre as all get out. There is no "rest" day for the parents of a missing child. Let me tell ya....every moment of every day you are pacing the floors, walking the sidewalks, calling someone on the phone, begging anyone who will listen to help you...anything you can do to find your child. I was almost mad with energy and exhaustion all at the same time. Over time, you feel yourself begin to detach...as if you are watching yourself from afar. This coping mechanism is natural and part of self-protection. Its surreal.

The anti-anxiety medication simply keeps you from being hysterical. I begged LE to camp out at my house...I asked to drive, call, search, plead...anything they could find for me to do, I wanted to do it. I retold every detail about my child that I could remember...every place we had been, every friend he had, every place he had spent the night, all of his teachers and classes and little hobbies. I pulled out all the pictures and awards and little hand prints....we took his room apart searching for any clue. There were no hours in the day...day and night all blended together.

Even now, years since the event, my heart races at the thought of those days. When hubby and I discuss it, we both get very animated with loud voices and tears and odd details that we still remember. If it gets on my mind, I still can't sleep....I have to get up and move around. Thank God for ambien.

Life is never the same again, even when your child is recovered. Even when they grow up...you still have residual challenges. There is the child and their issues....you and yours. And then your other children who are greatly effected. Every one is traumatized to some level. To this day, even now that the siblings are older, they call to check on us and each other throughout the day...between classes and jobs. When hubby and I are out, they call to check on us EVERY TIME they hear a siren. Our son who was missing has grown up and has somewhat removed himself from our lives even though we have sought every kind of help we can. We hear about him through a few contacts...but our whole relationship is complicated and painful.

Nothing is the same again...nothing.

Thank You for sharing your experience. God Bless you all. I am at a loss for words to respond appropriately. You have walked the walk in the way I expect a Family would or myself. God Bless and am glad your son came back. My heart breaks that it has hurt you all so much. It truly is a testament to who you are as person to be able to be here for others. You amaze me :rose:

That is true, but sometimes people do stupid things when they are scared and trying to protect someone they love. Even if something happened that was an accident... the guilt would consume that person for the rest of their life.

I was pushing my baby brother in a stroller when he was little and the stroller tipped over and he bashed his head. I was only 4... My brother now has severe epilepsy and I always wonder if it was because of the accident.

Could be the boy tried to put down the side of the crib and the baby fell out... who knows.. but, that kitten does seem to mentioned a lot.

In which case a parent calls 911.

Feeling sad, but still clinging to hope for Lisa.

I would like to know if Debbie admitted to leaving the door unlocked for the first time straight off (and it just wasn't reported til later). Or, did she remember not locking the door only after window entry/exit possibility was tested and excluded.

I'm not sure Debbie ever did say she forgot to lock it. It was her husband who said he came home and found the front door unlocked, iirc.

Not sure what you mean. Other than being pretty little blonde girls, mostly I see differences:

Preschooler vs. infant
Oldest vs. youngest child
Mom and Dad left kids alone vs. mom asleep in the next room/dad at work
European resort town vs. middle America
Hotel room vs. bedroom at home
Wealthy parents vs. lower-middle class (I guess)

Similarities I see:

Door left unlocked and no sign of perp
Siblings didn't hear anything or wake up (that we know of)
Fruitless search of the area

What else do you notice?

Sadly, it reminds me more of Haleigh in some ways, but I hope it doesn't turn out like that case. I do NOT want to be sitting here years from now wondering where Lisa is. :(

I don't believe this has been confirmed unless you have a link, about speaking with the FBI. I believe someone in the family said he was going to do that, but we don't know if it happened as far as I know.

All I've got is a reporters tweet. I posted it about an hour ago? We don't have LE's confirmation on meetings. Not aware that the Feds confirm that kind of stuff ever. So, We don't know the Fed meetings didn't happen either.

Also I put the word "supposedly" in my post as a disclainer

I'm on the fence, but I notice a lot of posters suspecting the mom. Does anyone think mom is not involved and dad is? I just don't see the mom being involved. Maybe it's false hope on my part.

I'm on the fence, but I notice a lot of posters suspecting the mom. Does anyone think mom is not involved and dad is? I just don't see the mom being involved. Maybe it's false hope on my part.

I'm not sure why it would be better if the dad was involved, vs. the mom...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member