GUILTY GA - Jorelys Rivera, 7, Canton, 2 Dec 2011 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
This case is going to be interesting to see if "this murder" has priors. We saw in the Brianna Rodriguez case as well as the Somer Thompson case; these guys didn't have priors to anything sexual or please stand me corrected? If this right, do we have to add in others to have a new profile? Crap...I hope not! LE has to spend enough time with-out a whole new profile & I think NG was wrong tonight given these two cases above, but I know that is the usual profile. Does the typical profile need to be reviewed???

But the thing is that just because they have no priors, it does not mean they never did anything illegal sexually before. I think they have, but never got caught before.

But the thing is that just because they have no priors, it does not mean they never did anything illegal sexually before. I think they have, but never got caught before.[/quote

Precisely the point... unfortunately, it is hard to be charged with anything red-handed. All we want are the real stats.

This case is just devastating. I think I may have to take a break for a few days. I feel so heartbroken for this child....for the suffering she endured, and for her future which was so cruelly taken from her.
Although Jorelys' Mom should have supervised her more closely, a child should still be able to run around in the neighborhood unharmed. The evil among us that robs so many children of their lives also takes the innocent freedom of those years from all children as well. Our kids can't even play outside in their own neighborhoods anymore. They can't walk or ride their bikes to school. Even waiting at the bus stop poses a danger. The boogyman is real, and he may live next door, or he may live across the state, but he is just waiting for the opportunity to steal a child away forever.

How were things allowed things to get to this point?

This case is just devastating. I think I may have to take a break for a few days. I feel so heartbroken for this child....for the suffering she endured, and for her future which was so cruelly taken from her.
Although Jorelys' Mom should have supervised her more closely, a child should still be able to run around in the neighborhood unharmed. The evil among us that robs so many children of their lives also takes the innocent freedom of those years from all children as well. Our kids can't even play outside in their own neighborhoods anymore. They can't walk or ride their bikes to school. Even waiting at the bus stop poses a danger. The boogyman is real, and he may live next door, or he may live across the state, but he is just waiting for the opportunity to steal a child away forever.

How were things allowed things to get to this point?

Ellamae, Jorelys' Mom worked night & by accounts she had someone babysitting. Maybe that might not turn out to pass; but by all accounts she tried!

Ok, I understand the maint person has the key for the compactor, and the trash is not automatically compacted, it must be initiated with the key.
I also see the poor girls body was in the trash, but kind of way in there, not easily seen. Im thinking it had not been compacted yet because they are already saying it was a brutal murder and she was beaten and raped. I know this is horribly graphic but if it was compacted , wouldnt it be hard to tell if she was beaten and raped.
So, heres the point, if it was any sort of main t person, they would have just used the key and compacted the trash right then. Get my point.

I used to work in a store that had a big compacter dumpster. When the part where you'd throw the trash got full, they'd start the compacter but not run it all the way--just enough to make more room to throw more trash. They didn't actually smash it completely all the way every time, just toward the end when it was looking almost full. So stuff would get more compacted but not be completely flattened. Really all it does is kind of shift everything around to fit together better rather than completely smash it. That might be what happened here, if LE could tell there were injuries not accounted for by compacting. It also depends on how 'soft' most of the other trash was.

I would think they would have seen bruises and perhaps blood and other injuries that clearly didn't happen after she was put in the dumpster.

Did anyone else watch? Was that Skylar's mom on her show?

It was Somer Thompson's Mom... I don't think we will be seeing Skyler's Mom on any shows as an advocate of any kind... ever. :waitasec:

To be fair, and to play devil's advocate, we don't know that they haven't. That DFACS took the other two out of the home almost immediately (Friday?) tells me that mom might have had previous visits from DFACS. If that's the case, people around the complex may have called in anonymously.

I'm with you though. I'm furious and very sad.

I'm sure that people might have called DFACS on her.
That wasn't the right thing to do, according to what they claimed to see.

Nobody watches their children in my neighborhood. One day, I stopped just short of running over a baby in the street.

However, if I lived in an apartment complex and KNEW that my neighbor was leaving her BABY home alone, with or without her 3 and 6 year old?

DFACS would not even be on my radar... I would be calling 911. If they didn't do anything, I would be videotaping it, calling the media...

A baby home alone is a police issue... the cops can call DFACS once they ensure the kids don't light the apartment on fire. :twocents:

YW!
I'm not sure if I can stomach the details either.

From earlier reports, her mother did go to court, but I haven't heard what the outcome was.

All I've "heard" is this:

Comment at 10:37 pm December 5 -

http://canton-ga.patch.com/users/michelle-d58054b9

http://canton-ga.patch.com/articles/girl-7-missing

For what it's worth, I have not seen any booking at Cherokee County... but, that can take 24 hours or more to show up too.
So that might not mean anything... but if it's true, would certainly imply that the court hearing didn't go well?

Statiscally (from what I remember reading) bunky the simple straightforward answer to your question would be no.

Pedophiles usually have a set preference in gender or even appearances of children they molest. Many times they have a set age range as well. ( say for example ages 2 to 5 or 8 to 13).

Yes they can from time to time change their fetish to include others that haven't been in their category of selection before but usually they are pretty fixed in their philia.

If a man/woman has a fetish for adolescent girls/boys (14-17 and above but teens) then that is called ephebophilia not pedophilia.

This is not entirely correct. Sorry.

A pedophile is someone who's sexually attraction parameters includes young kids. In the same way that a someone with normal (legal) sexual urges might potentially find women of all (legal) ages, shapes, and sizes attractive, a pedophile simply has a "shifted" or perhaps expanded pool that includes people who are not yet of legal age.

At any rate, the typical pedophile is no more a violent homicidal rapist than the typical non-pedophile. Thank god for that.

We are looking for a violent rapist / homicidal maniac. It could be that it was a pedophile, or it could be that his last victim was a sixty-seven year old grandmother. Whoever it was, hopefully the police nail him quickly.

It's not my town, but I'm very close to you, in Marietta. I was hoping to come home from work with some good news, but... heart is breaking, too. At least she was found, and found quickly. We have so many who are still missing. I'm still reading and catching up, but am hoping that this perp is caught ASAP. Rest peacefully, lovely little lady.

I'm close too, in Cartersville. I wish there was something I could do to help. I sure do pray that they catch this ASAP! God bless those that love her.

This is not entirely correct. Sorry.

A pedophile is someone who's sexually attraction parameters includes young kids. In the same way that a someone with normal (legal) sexual urges might potentially find women of all (legal) ages, shapes, and sizes attractive, a pedophile simply has a "shifted" or perhaps expanded pool that includes people who are not yet of legal age.
At any rate, the typical pedophile is no more a violent homicidal rapist than the typical non-pedophile. Thank god for that.

We are looking for a violent rapist / homicidal maniac. It could be that it was a pedophile, or it could be that his last victim was a sixty-seven year old grandmother. Whoever it was, hopefully the police nail him quickly.

Respectfully bolded by me.

No the sexual attraction that a pedophile has for a person who is "not yet of legal age" is not the same as an adult that has sexual attraction for another adult.

Might just be my humble opinion but nope I don't agree with that and to be honest the way that is worded really gives me pause. But that's beside the point.

(respectfully snipped a sentence from your post for simplicity of reply)

"the typical pedophile is no more a violent homicidal rapist"

Molesting, raping, commiting sodomy on a child is a violent act. It might not be homicide but it's violence. That's just my humble opinion.

I have no clue if whomever murdered Jorely was a pedophile or not. However, if the autopsy does prove that Jorely was raped then IMHO my initial conclusion would be that the murder was committed possibly in part in order to cover up the crime of rape. So rape would have been the violent act that began the chain of events that lead to Jorely's murder.

I have no sympathy or empathy for sex offenders. Whether they are pedophiles (as defined by law) or ephebophiles or your run of the mill rapist. Whether that RSO is male or female---it's across the board---they get no breaks from me. JMHO

RIP pretty girl. How devastating this sweet little girl could be harmed let alone murdered.

Seeing several posts about the sex offender registry and wanted to weigh in.

We know not everyone on that registry is a pedophile. That's a given.

However for every face we see on there I always figure there's another one of "them" that has either not been caught or has been caught and not prosecuted or worse of all hadn't offended yet. There's always going to be a first.

Then add in people that are on a registry, but aren't complying. That being Uncle Fred who is visiting that complex or Sister Sue's new boyfriend who moved in last week. Head over to Crimes Against Children to be sickened at the amount of sex offenders who were not complying and moved here and there without registering a new addy.

300 apartments? Lord knows who is in some of them. The RSO's that complied that do live there have a face. Whoever murdered this baby may not.

Oh and we can't forget as I remind people ummmmmmm they drive. Sex Offenders have cars and they can walk. The registry is an excellent tool, but I fear who isn't on it the most.

Beautiful child. Prayers for her family.

RIP pretty girl. How devastating this sweet little girl could be harmed let alone murdered.

Seeing several posts about the sex offender registry and wanted to weigh in.

We know not everyone on that registry is a pedophile. That's a given.

However for every face we see on there I always figure there's another one of "them" that has either not been caught or has been caught and not prosecuted or worse of all hadn't offended yet. There's always going to be a first.

Then add in people that are on a registry, but aren't complying. That being Uncle Fred who is visiting that complex or Sister Sue's new boyfriend who moved in last week. Head over to Crimes Against Children to be sickened at the amount of sex offenders who were not complying and moved here and there without registering a new addy.

300 apartments? Lord knows who is in some of them. The RSO's that complied that do live there have a face. Whoever murdered this baby may not.

Oh and we can't forget as I remind people ummmmmmm they drive. Sex Offenders have cars and they can walk. The registry is an excellent tool, but I fear who isn't on it the most.

Beautiful child. Prayers for her family.

BBM. I'd venture a guess that for every sex offender who has been caught and registered, there are probably at least 50 who haven't. They are like cockroaches; for every one you see there are 50 more you don't see.

I don't think the person who did this is a garden variety pedophile. While pedophiles are inappropriately attracted to sex with children, they are rarely violent about it. They use trickery and persuasion and grooming to set up their victims. Whoever did this crime has a much darker attraction - an attraction to sadism, rape, and murder. Thankfully, that is a relative rarity among pedophiles and the population in general.

I don't understand what they are trying to do with searching every car leaving and entering. If the crime happened in the apartment complex, shouldn't they be in the apartments searching? Is it just easier to search vehicles on public roads than it is to get warrants?

I wonder if it was more to see who wouldn't come through - people who turned around, never came home last night, or stayed home from school/work to avoid LE. They might have their eye on someone but no probably cause, and are checking to see if that person would miss work or not come home in order to avoid them.

DFACS pulling the remaining children is too little too late. THey are trying to save face because they know if the facts of the dfacs file comes out they are going to look bad.

DFCS in the ATL has a pretty horrible reputation, and a few years ago were implicated in several deaths. Not sure about Canton, but the metro area DFCS pretty much suck.

Does anyone know how many apartments are in the complex? Seems like it would be someone familiar with the area, or someone visiting. Although it would be hard to keep track of visitors coming and going, someone knows about the peculiar behavior of a visiting family member or friend. I know the police will be exhaustive in their efforts! The key will probably be someone who contacts police with a tip. Someone nearby in a hurry to dispose of the evidence...this person needs to be locked up for good. Hopefully he was and is sloppy and inexperienced so that apprehension will be quick! This family and the babysitter as well, need our prayers and support.

Keep in mind, this Canton area has a high hispanic population , calling the cops on someone for a DFCS situation is not something they want to do especially if they are illegal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chingona361