MA - Vanessa Marcotte, 27, murdered, Princeton, 7 Aug 2016 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats interesting. Who would intimate knowledge of the land she was found on? If it's not a park, is it owned by someone. Is there a park nearby, state land or anything?

Plenty of articles have been linked on the thread. Or, google Vanessa's name and lots of articles will come up about her case. Maps and descriptions of the place where she has been found have been posted on this thread. Locals have commented on what the area is like. No mention of park.

First time posting. I was born and raised in Princeton and still go back there regularly as my parents are still there and it's the place I'll always call home. Never in my wildest dreams have I ever thought something like this would happen there, and I don't think the town will ever be the same. Just a few things to add after reading through all the posts these last few days. The "cart path" is what used to be the rest of Connor Lane. It used to connect back to Brooks Station. The nearest houses are those of long time Princeton Residents and really great families. Princeton is not much of a dirt bike or ATV town and I can say for a fact they are never used in that area. As far as Princeton goes, Brooks Station road is one of the busiest roads in town along with East Princeton Rd (Rt 140), Hubbardston Rd/Sterling Rd (Rt 62) and Rt 31 going to Holden. I would fathom to guess that at that time of day, a car goes by at every 2 minutes at the most.

Thank you for that insight. I'm from a neighboring town, but didn't know ATVs weren't common in those woods.

I think there is so much local involvement here because this kind of thing never happens here. I never used to lock my doors.
Exactly....growing up in Princeton was a dream...nobody locked doors (car or home), you could ride your bike to school or a friend's house without any worry. The is easily the biggest thing to hit the town since Lucy Keyes in the 1700s...which is a story they teach you in 1st grade!

Welcome Black Labs~
Thank you for your local insight. I have been hung up on the cart path and wondered where it led to or from.
Is there a way that the perp could have escaped by traveling along the cart path and exited at another location?

thanks

Thats interesting. Who would intimate knowledge of the land she was found on? If it's not a park, is it owned by someone. Is there a park nearby, state land or anything?

I think heavy.com just made an error calling it a park.

Welcome Black Labs~
Thank you for your local insight. I have been hung up on the cart path and wondered where it led to or from.
Is there a way that the perp could have escaped by traveling along the cart path and exited at another location?

thanks

I was talking to my brother about that and the opening on Brooks Station to the "cart path" (you can see it on google maps satellite view with stone wall along it) is a good hiding spot if you were to pull in with a car...don't think you'd notice a car in there while you drove by on Brooks Station. That being said, unless you know it is there, I don't think a random person would even find it. I hate to think it is a local, but agree that it appears to be the only thing that makes sense.

Exactly....growing up in Princeton was a dream...nobody locked doors (car or home), you could ride your bike to school or a friend's house without any worry. The is easily the biggest thing to hit the town since Lucy Keyes in the 1700s...which is a story they teach you in 1st grade!

Ok, you just *can't* throw that out there and leave us hanging...

What is the story of Lucy Keyes?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

The cemetery on Connor Lane (Woodlawn Cemeter), I believe is the only real active cemetery left in town. There are lots of ancient cemeteries in town, but they are filled with graves from the 1700s-1800s. Woodlawn is the one that the Memorial Day parade always ends up at for the ceremonies. I don't know if that place has anything to do with this, but it is very close to the location they found her.

Same here. It has changed my life forever.

I hear ya.

Years ago (long before WS or even the internet existed), someone in my neighborhood was killed by a rubber mallet. To this day, I think of her whenever I see a rubber mallet or even hear the words. I know that's not quite what you're talking about, but I do understand how local crime can disturb our lives. In that case, the news coverage was awful - totally sensationalized the case and was so inaccurate in the reports. That is one reason I really appreciate locals on WS cases - we can get the straight info from them.

So sorry this violence happened in your area.

Plenty of articles have been linked on the thread. Or, google Vanessa's name and lots of articles will come up about her case. Maps and descriptions of the place where she has been found have been posted on this thread. Locals have commented on what the area is like. No mention of park.

I haven't been able to keep up with all details. And on google I can't find where the exact spot was. She was found in the woods. Was does that mean? Owned by the state or owned by individual? If they are owned by an individual, the only one with intimate knowledge of the area she was found would be the owner(s) or a landscaper. If it's state land it would be who ever takes care if the land. Sorry, inthedetails, will i be able to find who owns the land she was found on if i go back and look through all 60 pages? I assume it's in there somewhere

Makes sense that a local or someone originally from that area might likely be involved.

Lucy Keyes was the daughter of one of the first settlers in town who lived on the side of the Mountain (Wachusett) in the mid 1700s. One day her and her sisters (she was around 5 or so if I remember correctly) left to get water and she never came back. Her sisters didn't see what happened. She was never found, but there are lots of stories about what happened to her. Some say taken by the Indians and there's record of men trading with an indian tribe that had a white girl who said she was from "Chusett Hill" Another guy confessed on his deathbed to killing her over a land dispute with her father and stuffing her body in a long, but I think it was debunked. The myth is that you can hear her mother calling "luuuuuccyyy" in the winter wind as she went to her grave still looking for her. Her mother's grave is in Old North Cemetery on Mountain road just up from the town center on the way to the mountain. Lucy is also known to haunt the mountain. There was a snowcat driver who groomed the ski trails at night that swore he saw a child's footprints start in the middle of a freshly groomed trail going into the woods. He was not a whacko either. They made a B movie about Lucy a few years ago, but it did not follow the story. I bet there is a wikipedia page on her.

I believe the land is private (may be wrong), and if it is owned by who I think owns it, I guarantee they are not involved. They are a great family who has been in town since I was born there 36 years ago. They are standup citizens and I am sure they are as upset about this as anyone.

I haven't been able to keep up with all details. And on google I can't find where the exact spot was. She was found in the woods. Was does that mean? Owned by the state or owned by individual? If they are owned by an individual, the only one with intimate knowledge of the area she was found would be the owner(s) or a landscaper. If it's state land it would be who ever takes care if the land. Sorry, inthedetails, will i be able to find who owns the land she was found on if i go back and look through all 60 pages? I assume it's in there somewhere

Found this from earlier today, thank you to the original poster who at the moment I am unsure of.
64 Brooks Station Rd
https://www.google.com/maps/place/4...m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x0!8m2!3d42.4378056!4d-71.88875

I believe the land is private (may be wrong), and if it is owned by who I think owns it, I guarantee they are not involved. They are a great family who has been in town since I was born there 36 years ago. They are standup citizens and I am sure they are as upset about this as anyone.

Thanks for the info, I'm sure you are right but for what it's worth everytime a serial killer is caught the neighbors say the same thing!

When they reported that they were familiar with the area, I really think they just mean this person of interest is local. That in itself is shocking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie