Steely Dan

Former Member
Reaction score
genthumb.ashx
genthumb.ashx

Link

Niagara County Dog Needs a Hero
Anna Pawlaczyk 5 hrs ago

NIAGARA FALLS-A dog in Niagara Falls is in desperate need of surgery after being severely beaten, and the Niagara County SPCA needs help with the funding.

Authorities were called to the Townsend Place Apartments in Niagara Falls on Thursday night for a case of animal cruelty. A 3 month old pointer mix had been severely beaten with a wooden table leg.

The owner didn't have a name for the dog, but the SPCA has since named her Daisy.

According to the Niagara County SPCA, the dog needs extensive surgery or it will have to have its leg amputated.

The owner is set to appear in court on August 6, and they hope to have him charged under "Buster's Law," which makes intentional killing or maiming of a dog a felony, subject to jail time.

The SPCA is looking for any kind of financial assistance from the public.

You can donate online at www.niagaraspca.org or by phone at 731-4368. Donations will also be accepted by mail to the Lockport Rd. location.

Link about Buster's Law

...“Buster, I really think he was serving a purpose,” said Nancy Bonesteel, who owned the tabby cat for which the law was named. “I really believe that’s why he hung on, so people could hear his cries and we could do something about it. We need to do more.”

Her cat died a few days after being set ablaze by Chester Williamson, then 16, who went on to rack up a lengthy rap sheet. He is currently serving 12 years in prison for sexually assaulting a 12-year-old girl....

:furious: I just don't get it. How anyone could hear a dog whelping and keep doing what they are doing is beyond sick. We had a dog when I was growing up and I accidentally stepped on her tail once and I felt horrible. I had to get a biscuit for her and pet her and tell her I'm sorry.

Michael Vick and/or his friends electrocuted, threw dogs down repeatedly til they died, fought them, drowned them and tied them to rape stands. You have got to be a majorly cold blooded assiousholious to be able to do something like that.

genthumb.ashx

genthumb.ashx
genthumb.ashx

Link

Niagara County Dog Needs a Hero
Anna Pawlaczyk 5 hrs ago

NIAGARA FALLS-A dog in Niagara Falls is in desperate need of surgery after being severely beaten, and the Niagara County SPCA needs help with the funding.

Authorities were called to the Townsend Place Apartments in Niagara Falls on Thursday night for a case of animal cruelty. A 3 month old pointer mix had been severely beaten with a wooden table leg.

The owner didn't have a name for the dog, but the SPCA has since named her Daisy.

According to the Niagara County SPCA, the dog needs extensive surgery or it will have to have its leg amputated.

The owner is set to appear in court on August 6, and they hope to have him charged under "Buster's Law," which makes intentional killing or maiming of a dog a felony, subject to jail time.

The SPCA is looking for any kind of financial assistance from the public.

You can donate online at www.niagaraspca.org or by phone at 731-4368. Donations will also be accepted by mail to the Lockport Rd. location.

Link about Buster's Law

...“Buster, I really think he was serving a purpose,” said Nancy Bonesteel, who owned the tabby cat for which the law was named. “I really believe that’s why he hung on, so people could hear his cries and we could do something about it. We need to do more.”

Her cat died a few days after being set ablaze by Chester Williamson, then 16, who went on to rack up a lengthy rap sheet. He is currently serving 12 years in prison for sexually assaulting a 12-year-old girl....

:furious: I just don't get it. How anyone could hear a dog whelping and keep doing what they are doing is beyond sick. We had a dog when I was growing up and I accidentally stepped on her tail once and I felt horrible. I had to get a biscuit for her and pet her and tell her I'm sorry.

Michael Vick and/or his friends electrocuted, threw dogs down repeatedly til they died, fought them, drowned them and tied them to rape stands. You have got to be a majorly cold blooded assiousholious to be able to do something like that.

genthumb.ashx

I'm glad you included the link to donate for Daisy's vet bills. People who could do these types of things to an animal scare me. Its evil sick. I have a similar story as you, Steely. I shut my dog's tail in the car door accidentally. He let out a couple of yelps that were so sad. Luckily he's a tough dog so there was no damage. Tail was wagging again in minutes!

But someone that would inflict pain on an innocent animal, I don't get it.

May the punishment fit the crime!!!!!!!! Poor sweet little girl!

I'm donating to Daisy!

That poor puppy! I hope she's adopted by one of her caretakers and is guaranteed a forever happy & loving home.

When the is found guilty, IMO he should have to pay for every cent it will cost to care for this poor dog. Then the money that's been donated can go towards helping other dogs. Of course he also needs prison time. If he's doing this to a little dog, what is he going to do to a child?

VB

Animal cruelity brings out the worst in me and I mean the worst...

Aww look at that sweetie.

Poor baby, I hope that someone can adopt him that will give him all the love an animal deserves.

We have a newly adopted rescue and we are fairly certain that he wasn't treated as he should have been. But he is now and that's what counts.

I'll donate a few dollars. :)

Pet adoption is such a wonderful thing. I tried to adopt a dog a number of years ago, but went through 4 counties and couldn't find a smallish dog and ended up buying one. It's a long story, but it was need a dog and now. We now have 3 rescued cats. 1 we just got a month ago. They now lead appropriately cushy lives. They all came straight from the street. I hope this beautiful baby heals and finds a wonderful loving home. I'm sure she will as usually once it's in the news, there are literally hundreds of people calling to adopt the same pet. Hopefully they will all choose others and many, many pets will find homes from this one story.

How could anyone do that to such a little sweetie? GRrrrrrrrrrr :furious: Makes me so mad.

Link

SPCA of Niagara Overwhelmed by Generosity after Abuse Case
Theresa Fulcher 1 hr ago

NIAGARA FALLS, NY-- There's a hero for a puppy in need. The SPCA of Niagara rescued Daisy last week. She needs an expensive surgery to try and save her front leg after a severe beating.

Now, a 2 On Your Side viewer is coming through with $5,000 to give Daisy a second chance. The donor wants to remain anonymous. Daisy will have the procedure on Thursday.

John Faso Executive Director of the SPCA of Niagara says, "We're really confident that this surgery is going to save her leg. without the surgery she definitely would have had to have it amputated. I do want to thank the overwhelming response from the public to help daisy."

The response has been so overwhelming that they are using additional money to start a new fund. Daisy's fund will go to other animals in need of medical attention due to a cruelty case. You can donate through the SPCA of Niagara.

The fight for daisy will also continue in court. On Friday, her former owner is scheduled to to face a charge of aggravated animal cruelty.

Bolding and colored link by me.

I'm sure some WS's are responsible for the overwhelming support! :clap:

Link

SPCA of Niagara Overwhelmed by Generosity after Abuse Case
Theresa Fulcher 1 hr ago

NIAGARA FALLS, NY-- There's a hero for a puppy in need. The SPCA of Niagara rescued Daisy last week. She needs an expensive surgery to try and save her front leg after a severe beating.

Now, a 2 On Your Side viewer is coming through with $5,000 to give Daisy a second chance. The donor wants to remain anonymous. Daisy will have the procedure on Thursday.

John Faso Executive Director of the SPCA of Niagara says, "We're really confident that this surgery is going to save her leg. without the surgery she definitely would have had to have it amputated. I do want to thank the overwhelming response from the public to help daisy."

The response has been so overwhelming that they are using additional money to start a new fund. Daisy's fund will go to other animals in need of medical attention due to a cruelty case. You can donate through the SPCA of Niagara.

The fight for daisy will also continue in court. On Friday, her former owner is scheduled to to face a charge of aggravated animal cruelty.

Bolding and colored link by me.

I'm sure some WS's are responsible for the overwhelming support! :clap:

God Bless all the donors....this just brought tears to my eyes :) :) :)

August 2010:

Daisy
53ed47402406a.preview-300.jpg

Daisy is recovering at the SPCA of Niagara after being beaten with a chair leg...

Unfortunately, despite the caring response of so many, it is the man’s actions that will continue to impact the puppy’s life for weeks to come. As she heals from her injuries, she is confined to a tiny cage and is not allowed to move freely or run about for 6 weeks.

“This is literally the worst punishment you can give to a puppy,” said Kari McAlee, the veterinarian technician watching over the puppy. “It's literally torture for a puppy at this stage.”...

A total of $13,000 in checks came into the facility and Faso said after surgical expenses are paid, the remainder will be used to increase efforts to stop animal cruelty...

Chester Harris of Niagara Falls is facing a misdemeanor charge of torturing or injuring an animal and will appear in Falls city court on Sept. 3.

http://m.niagara-gazette.com/news/l...ca6-1c30-555f-94a2-d5c28c21a7a3.html?mode=jqm

November 2010 - Chester Harris still in jail!

the six-month-old puppy, named Daisy by the daughter of the Niagara County SPCA's executive director, will be released Wednesday, when a couple from Cheektowaga finalizes their adoption of the pup.

Chester D. Harris, 48, of Townsend Place, has been held on $2,000 bail in the Niagara County Jail since July 29, when he was charged with animal cruelty for allegedly beating the black-and-white pointer mix and shattering the puppy's front left leg and shoulder.

At the time, he told officers he was "tired of cleaning up after the dog and having her tear things up," according to a police report.

https://www.highbeam.com/doc/1P2-26227701.html

December 2010:

A puppy that police say was nearly beaten to death earlier this year is spending the holidays in Cheektowaga with her new adopted family.

Her former owner is spending them in jail...

Harris tried to have the bail reduced to $100 and asked for the court to release him on his own recognizance, to no avail.

https://www.highbeam.com/doc/1P2-27571606.html

Interesting...

The Niagara County Animal Abuser Registry was created in 2015 by an act of the Niagara County Legislature...

Anyone convicted of animal cruelty, who resides in Niagara County, is required to submit information to the Niagara County Sheriff's Office.

http://www.niagarasheriff.com/AnimalAbuser.aspx

Great idea, I think everywhere should have an animal abuse registry.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back