Any poster here know Darlie before she married Darin?

SeekingJana

Reaction score
Darlie is regularly called a narcissist, a psychopath, a pathological liar, a murderer, etc.

Our personality is formed by the age of 5. UNLESS Darlie was on psychedelic type drugs the night her boys died which temporarily obliterated her core personality ( and the tox. screens don't indicate such), there would have been clear warning signs that she was all of the above- mentioned things.

If anyone here knew her before she married Darin, that is, knew her in HS or knew her in their neighborhood, or knew her core family, could you please tell us how you saw her then? Did she have friends? Was she deemed to be an upright kind of girl? Was she known to lie, cheat, steal, make up stories of great grandeur?

Psychopathy doesn't start in adulthood.
Post- partum psychosis does, and she may well have had a serious mental illness at the time, but what I still am asking is for info about her teen years.

Thanks in advance to anyone who knew her and can help me understand. :)

SJ

I've always wondered if it was post-partum psychosis, or post-partum depression. Drake was still young enough for Darlie to be ill. I'm not excusing her, but it would make sense of why she would snap in the middle of the night when everyone else was asleep.

Darlie is regularly called a narcissist, a psychopath, a pathological liar, a murderer, etc.

Our personality is formed by the age of 5. UNLESS Darlie was on psychedelic type drugs the night her boys died which temporarily obliterated her core personality ( and the tox. screens don't indicate such), there would have been clear warning signs that she was all of the above- mentioned things.

If anyone here knew her before she married Darin, that is, knew her in HS or knew her in their neighborhood, or knew her core family, could you please tell us how you saw her then? Did she have friends? Was she deemed to be an upright kind of girl? Was she known to lie, cheat, steal, make up stories of great grandeur?

Psychopathy doesn't start in adulthood.
Post- partum psychosis does, and she may well have had a serious mental illness at the time, but what I still am asking is for info about her teen years.

Thanks in advance to anyone who knew her and can help me understand. :)

SJ

I agree with everything you said.

There was an incident with Darin early on in their dating years. Forgive me if I get some of it incorrect.

They went to a party together. Darlie thought that her new man was not paying enough attention to her. She stormed out in a huff. No one knew where she went. She appeared again later, claiming to have been attacked and raped. I don't know if anyone called LE or if she went and got a rape test done. I would imagine if she did, the forensics (once again) did not match her story.

If the story is true, I'm sure she got what she wanted....everyone's attention and pity and particularly that of Darin.

Did not know them personally, but lived in Dallas when this happened. One of the things that stuck out in my mind about them was how they tried to live way above their means. There was talk that they were in financial trouble. I remember Darin talking about how they came from little old West Texas and now were "living large" in Dallas. Everything I heard about them was all about trying to appear to be much more than who they really were. Without the makeup and hair color, Darlie was nothing special...just *advertiser censored*. With makeup, hair color, and clothes, she was quite stunning. Her mother was also very attractive. I vote for narcissism.

Without the makeup and hair color, Darlie was nothing special...just *advertiser censored*. With makeup, hair color, and clothes, she was quite stunning. Her mother was also very attractive. I vote for narcissism.

I always thought she looked like trash. Overprocessed, too blonde, big hair,
too much makeup, just plain old fashioned trashy, IMO.

Did she even go to HS? I find it hard to believe that NO ONE from her past ( before Darin) will give any insight into her teen years.

I know what she looked like when she was married to Darin. She was his idea of perfect. :facepalm:

I didn't know Darlie but I am the same age as she is. I'm only six months younger than she is and from what I can tell is that she was an attention *advertiser censored*. Seemed like any chance she had she was trying to get more and more attention with the big hair, fake *advertiser censored*, flashy jewelry. I knew some other women that acted like her wanting attention all the time. I always wondered if Darlie didn't kill the boys just to get major attention because she knew there would never be any other way she would become a household name. I know that sounds way out there but Darlie seemed willing to do almost anything to get noticed. I also think she did plan it all out even to the date she killed them. She waited until 6/6 to do it. I think Darlie likes to play dumb but she knew exactly what she was doing. Just my opinion.

I didn't know Darlie but I am the same age as she is. I'm only six months younger than she is and from what I can tell is that she was an attention *advertiser censored*. Seemed like any chance she had she was trying to get more and more attention with the big hair, fake *advertiser censored*, flashy jewelry. I knew some other women that acted like her wanting attention all the time. I always wondered if Darlie didn't kill the boys just to get major attention because she knew there would never be any other way she would become a household name. I know that sounds way out there but Darlie seemed willing to do almost anything to get noticed. I also think she did plan it all out even to the date she killed them. She waited until 6/6 to do it. I think Darlie likes to play dumb but she knew exactly what she was doing. Just my opinion.

I agree totally with you. Munchausen Syndrome by proxy. And she stood to look like the mom who was almost killed trying to saved her babies, had she been able to appear like a grieving mom. I still remember seeing her having a birthday party for her baby on the news. It was chilling and is forever etched into my mind.

I agree totally with you. Munchausen Syndrome by proxy. And she stood to look like the mom who was almost killed trying to saved her babies, had she been able to appear like a grieving mom. I still remember seeing her having a birthday party for her baby on the news. It was chilling and is forever etched into my mind.

The birthday party at the grave was something that I'm sure Darlie wishes never would have happened. Darlie appeared to me to be so relieved at that little party. You could see the happiness just gleaming from her. She was radiating happiness not grieve. It was almost like she was gloating because she thought she had gotten away with murder. Her actions spoke volumes and I don't think it had anything to do with the medication she was on.

The birthday party at the grave was something that I'm sure Darlie wishes never would have happened. Darlie appeared to me to be so relieved at that little party. You could see the happiness just gleaming from her. She was radiating happiness not grieve. It was almost like she was gloating because she thought she had gotten away with murder. Her actions spoke volumes and I don't think it had anything to do with the medication she was on.

My feelings, exactly, Jennifer. I can see parents celebrating their child's birthday at the grave, but they would have tears streaming down their face. She was like, "Look at me. I'm on t.v.!"

I totally agree with you, Jennifer - I think one of the main reasons behind these horrible murders is lack of attention, which Darlie felt and which made her depressed. Darlie wanted to be looked at as a grieving mother who suffered attack of a murderer, but instead she is now on death row. Her plan didn't go quite right, but, well - she does get attention, even now after so many years.

I totally agree with you, Jennifer - I think one of the main reasons behind these horrible murders is lack of attention, which Darlie felt and which made her depressed. Darlie wanted to be looked at as a grieving mother who suffered attack of a murderer, but instead she is now on death row. Her plan didn't go quite right, but, well - she does get attention, even now after so many years.

You want to know something. Even after 16 long years that Darlie has spent on Texas death row she still sits there telling the same old story and saying she didn't murder her children. I watched the Death Row special that was on recently that featured Darlie and there were a few things that really stood out to me. First of all when Darlie is asked about her neck injury she was sooo proud to show the camera her scar on her neck. Also she was just thrilled to show the camera the scars she had on her arm and she even looked right into the camera and asked the camera man if he could see her scar. I mean really lady? Are you freaking kidding me. Do we care about your 16 year old scars? Hell no! We care about Devon and Damon who you freaking murdered! Anyways if I were Darlie and I was really not the actual killer I would have used that camera time to plead with people to please please please try and find the actual killers of my boys. I would want nothing but their killer caught. I could care less about showing my scars to the freaking camera! Not once during that entire hour long interview did Darlie say anything about trying to find the actual killer. She is so guilty and the dream she talks about with the boys being nude...well that was just down right strange if you ask me. It seems Darlie is just trying to comfort her own self for what she did to those poor boys. If it ever comes out that Darlie didn't really kill those boys I will owe my apologies and I'll kick myself in the butt for all the bad things I've said about Darlie over the years but I don't think I'm wrong on this one.

Okay I have a problem with various assessments based on how someone looks or how it seems they are, based on something someone read or saw or heard about.

Let me state for the record I think Darlie is guilty, so I'm not defending her. The focus of the OP was if anyone personally knew DR. So far it doesn't seem from the responses anyone did or does.

Therefore, the opinions (which everyone is certainly entitled to) are based on no direct contact or personal experiences with DR, but on impressions formed from media, news, etc. Thus, I discount them. Not that she isn't egotistical or narcissistic (and I would have no way to determine that so she might very well be), but without knowing someone directly then it's kind of irrelevant.

I will say that styles of hair and clothes in the 80's and early 90's did tend towards big hair in certain geographical areas (and perhaps in most areas). Big hair, big earrings, big shoulder pads, bright colors. Take a look at how Oprah dressed back then. Huge over-styled hair. I remember a term called "Dallas hair." A gal I worked with was from TX and that's what she called it (this was in the late 80's).

They lived in Lubbock during high school, and it was/is a pretty snobby town. Darlie may not have had tons of friends that would be online or talking to authors who have written about her.

You want to know something. Even after 16 long years that Darlie has spent on Texas death row she still sits there telling the same old story and saying she didn't murder her children. I watched the Death Row special that was on recently that featured Darlie and there were a few things that really stood out to me. First of all when Darlie is asked about her neck injury she was sooo proud to show the camera her scar on her neck. Also she was just thrilled to show the camera the scars she had on her arm and she even looked right into the camera and asked the camera man if he could see her scar. I mean really lady? Are you freaking kidding me. Do we care about your 16 year old scars? Hell no! We care about Devon and Damon who you freaking murdered! Anyways if I were Darlie and I was really not the actual killer I would have used that camera time to plead with people to please please please try and find the actual killers of my boys. I would want nothing but their killer caught. I could care less about showing my scars to the freaking camera! Not once during that entire hour long interview did Darlie say anything about trying to find the actual killer. She is so guilty and the dream she talks about with the boys being nude...well that was just down right strange if you ask me. It seems Darlie is just trying to comfort her own self for what she did to those poor boys. If it ever comes out that Darlie didn't really kill those boys I will owe my apologies and I'll kick myself in the butt for all the bad things I've said about Darlie over the years but I don't think I'm wrong on this one.

Did you notice the lie she told Herzog right at the beginning? She told him the knife nicked her carotid artery. No it didn't, it nicked the sheath that covers the artery. Oh and that dream, I almost puked.

"then this white bright light filled the window and I knew it was God's way of telling my children were with him."

Yes Darlie you didn't want them but God did.

I think it's Revenge Filicide. Darin told the CPS worker Darlie was fed up with the care of the children, fed up with the care of the home (and she was an immaculate housekeeper), complaining the boys messed everything up, she was tired, depressed and overwhelmed with everything. She also wrote it in her diary and was planning a suicide attempt, or faking it to get Darin's attention. Basia also testified Darlie and Darin had been fighting for months over the boys, the business, everything.

Then we get to June 96, the marriage was on the rocks, the business was failing, mortgage and other bills going unpaid. Darlie had no money to get out of the house and relieve her stress, she couldn't go on vacation away from the boys for a few days, she had no car to even take them places. Darin desperate to borrow $5000 for her Cancun vacation. Then we have the night of the murders where they had a big, screaming fight and Darlie tells Darin she wants to separate. She has no employment skills, she's going back to mother or she needs to find a rich man to keep her so her options were limited.

MAYBE Darin said to her "go then and don't think you're taking the boys, since you been whinging and complaining for months now about them, I'll take care of them." So she's being kicked out of the big house she fixed up all nice for the boys and Darin.

Speaking of the cartoid artery... many, including Darlie Kee, point to the nicked sheath as some kind of proof that Darlie didn't/couldn't have self-inflicted this wound. How's that? That somehow an intruder (who also would not have known what artery is located where) did it because he came close to that artery but Darlie couldn't have done it because that.would.have.been.fatal.

Yeah, that logic doesn't work.

She got lucky she didn't incise it -- and it would have been luck either way whether she did it to herself OR if an intruder caused it.

But the fact that the slash came so close to that particular artery does not at all impact the "did it herself" vs "intruder" argument. Not one bit. Not unless she was a medical professional who had studied anatomy and knew where every artery was located down to the millimeter. And of course she didn't. She didn't know what she was doing and it was sheer dumb luck that the cartoid wasn't sliced or nicked. However, that doesn't automatically mean that she would have died -- she could have died; she could have been saved. We'll never know since she didn't cut it. But it was luck. And it doesn't any more suggest an intruder than not. I believe an intruder wouldn't have allowed her to live. The fact she's alive and was able to "get up and fight" this intruder is one more bit of evidence.

I saw in a documentary that Darin and Darlie were High school sweethearts. I thought they only worked together. Did they go to high school together too? If so, anyone know what high school?

Darin was working at a restaurant with Darlie's mom and she introduced them. They did not go to the same highs school.

They were high school sweethearts, meaning they met in high school and stayed together. They met at a restaurant, like what was stated above. He was two years older than her, and they kept contact while he was at a technical college. They married...I think...around 4 years after they met.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak
Back