Group Plans Memorial Walkway For Caylee

Bump Bump on Reopening!!!

So glad to see this re-opened. THANK YOU MODS!

Now, I know the rules on no posting minors names or information still applies, but do we have any more leeway here in jury room on posting information we find leading back to the tax records of the owner of the organization?

Just want some guidelines by our infinitely wise mods before we begin again!

A couple of us have continued working hard researching the org that is planning the walkway and I'll post some info later.

I do want to point out, tho, that as far as I can determine using public records, the remains site property on Suburban Dr has not yet been sold to this org. I cannot find a deed or mortgage, in other words. It could be that the property is under contract to this org and simply has not closed yet. There has also been no rezoning of the property which would be necessary in order to designate the property as a memorial site and build a walkway on it.

It's interesting to note that although the group, Bringkidshome.org, apparently has not yet closed on this property or obtained proper zoning, it continues to accept donations and sell Memorial Walkway bricks.

According to their facebook page (not sure I'm allowed to post the link?) this org has been and will continue to pick up stuffed animals left at the site and donate them to charity. Jmo, that is a good thing but...they do not yet own the property so I'm guessing the current owner gave them permission to do this? Their site and FB page don't say how they've been authorized to do this. As I said, it's a good thing....I just have lots of questions that have yet to be answered.

More later after I get on my laptop...on my IPad right now and it's harder for me to type, lol.

http://800mail.com/lookups/np.asp?ein=263337415

BRING KIDS HOME
In Care of Name T SEGURA
Address PO BOX 62
SUSSEX, NJ 07461-0062
MapG MapY MapV
IRS Subsection 501(c)(3) - A religious, educational, charitable, scientific or literary organization.
Type of Foundation Organization which receives a substantial part of its support from a governmental unit or the general public
Type of Organization Corporation
Deductibility Contributions are deductible
Tax I.D. Number 263337415
Exempt Since 08-2009
Form 990 Requirement Not required to file (income less than $25,000)
Last 990 Form Filed 12-2009
Form 990 Amount $4,000
Classification Children's, Youth Services

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Regardless of the above information, it still reeks of a scam to me.

I note that since the above was posted, the website now states the address as being in Bellevue, WA. The Bellevue address is also the address of record that I found for the IRS 2010 filing.

http://800mail.com/lookups/np.asp?ein=263337415

BRING KIDS HOME
In Care of Name T SEGURA
Address PO BOX 1515
BELLEVUE, WA 98009-1515
MapG MapY MapV
IRS Subsection 501(c)(3) - A religious, educational, charitable, scientific or literary organization.
Type of Foundation Organization which receives a substantial part of its support from a governmental unit or the general public
Type of Organization Corporation
Deductibility Contributions are deductible
Tax I.D. Number 263337415
Exempt Since 08-2009
Form 990 Requirement Not required to file (income less than $25,000)
Last 990 Form Filed 12-2010
Form 990 Amount $0
Classification Children's, Youth Services

I've collected a bit of information on the group planning the Caylee Memorial Walkway. There are a couple facebook pages, a twitter account, website (bringkidshome.org) and a couple form 990's floating around out there. This group purports to have "acquired" the remains site land but there have been, so far, no deeds or mortgages recorded that I can find. And their website leads me to believe the land has not yet transferred to them, nor have permits been received yet. I'll post that info after this ('cause this post is a little long).

Link to Guidestar, 2009 form 990:

http://www.guidestar.org/FinDocuments/2009/263/337/2009-263337415-06186014-Z.pdf

If it doesn't work, you'll have to go to guidestar.org and do a search. The address for 2009 was listed as Sussex, NJ. The group claimed fund balances of $340 for the year 2009.

The IRS link for this org's 2010 form 990N (e-postcard) filing:

http://www.irs.gov/app/ePostcard/di...sPerPage=10&names=&nameSearchTypeStarts=false

The org's address for the tax year 2010 was listed as Bellevue, WA. Financial info not available on that form. However, the WA Dept of Revenue has no record of the business, nor does their charity database. That I can find, that is. It could be there, I'll keep looking.
Remember, the guidestar.org site shows their 2009 form 990 as being in NJ.

I wrote to bringkidshome.org and received a reply that the org is based in Bellevue WA. Here's part of the reply:

That is the correct organization you found on IRS. Charities are listed as corporations and Bring Kids Home does work in many states and hopes to be in all states in the future but can only list one state. Their FL branch is new. Everyone involved is a volunteer, no one is paid.

Eric Segura is the Director. I'm not sure who else is involved. I just made contact with them two weeks ago thru the real estate agent who represented the land. I believe he is from NY/NJ so that is probably the main "headquarters".

Bring Kids Home acquired the land and is working to do the memorial. they are hiring a CPA to take care of donations and some one from the city has volunteered probably to help get the permits and the testing and stuff they will have to have done for the property.

Sorry I can only give you so much info but if you would like more details there is a link on www.bringkidshome.org. just fill out the form and someone will get back to you.

Hmmm....they may have a 'contract' on the land but I'm not convinced they've actually acquired it yet, nor gotten the proper permits. JMO

So....not at all sure if the following has any bearing, but the Bellevue WA address also points to a man named David Sears. Then I found a link between Sears and Segura. Of course, many people use stage names.

Sleuthing of the address listed in the 2010 IRS filing found the following:

http://www.myfuturist.com/contact.htm

http://www.speakernow.com/espeakers/1473/David-Sears.html

http://www.faqs.org/copyright/flight-16-by-paul-obertelli-david-sears-chris-hancox-julian-2/

Computer-mania: the fear of the future on stage
Names:
Timothy Eric Segura 1959-
pseud. David Sears

So, this could be a stage name that the org owner uses. But...are they located in WA or NJ? Or where???

From the website:

http://bringkidshome.org/faqs.htm

Where is the Bring Kids Home Headquarters?
The organization is distributed which means that a centralized office is not required, volunteers work from small offices or home offices; depending upon the state and functional role. Bring Kids Home is highly mobile and virtual for greater efficiency and to reduce overhead costs.

More info on this org:

http://bringkidshome.org/

http://bringkidshome.org/brickfaqs.htm

Will Bring Kids Home Own the Property?
As a public memorial, the land will transfer to Bring Kids Home. This will insure on-going maintenance of the memorial including the replacement of any damaged engraved bricks.

So, the land hasn't transferred yet???

Note that their website states that the memorial is not just for Caylee, but for all children--9th paragraph:

There will apparently be a balloon launch at the memorial site on Aug 9th. See site for details.

Me, I'm concerned that the org has apparently not yet acquired the land (as they stated). Perhaps they do have a contract on the land. Or...the land's owner became involved in this charity? I wish the org was more clear on this!

Apparently the org has not yet received permits for this memorial:

When Will The Memorial Construction Begin?
After the design is done, we must estimate costs, and begin the permit process, which will include environmental and public comment. This process will take many months. Our goal is to have the walkway completed in 2012.

Who acquires a piece of land, takes donations and sells "bricks" and then applies for permits and rezoning which might be denied? JMO, isn't that a little backwards? Shouldn't the contract on the land be contingent on the property being rezoned for this purpose and then, when that zoning and the permits are obtained, donations requested? Am I wrong here??? Well, MOO.

A few years ago, there was a car accident on my street. Three young men came racing down the street, and their car slammed into a truck parked on the side of the road. The car burst into flames. It took a bit for the fire department to put out the flames, and by then the victims were charred beyond recognition.

The next day, there was a small memorial erected by the boys families. Three crosses, flowers, pictures, etc. There was still a huge black mark on the road where the fire scorched the concrete. Many of us, were really shaken by seeing what happened even though we didn't know the victims.

The memorial stayed there for over a year, and was still there when I moved away. No one from the neighborhood would touch the memorial, but it bothered people. I saw that site everyday. I would see people visiting it, and crying.

I guess my point is, this walkway would be in someone's neighborhood. It's not appropriate. Just leave it as is, and let it go back to being a regular neighborhood again.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...orial-plans-revealed-20110808,0,2265952.story

The group would need to take their plans before county staff and request a special exception to the zoning of the property. If approved, they would also have to go through the permitting process.

I just find it so odd that this group is selling "bricks" and accepting donations for this walk when they have not yet requested a zoning exception, permits, etc.
Plus, apparently they have not yet closed on the property (according to the Orange County FL Property Appraiser's website) tho they have stated that they have 'acquired' the property....how can a property be 'acquired' when title has not yet passed? Unless, of course, they consider a contract on a property to be enough to state that they own it. ?? Hmmm. I'm just befuddled.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...orial-plans-revealed-20110808,0,2265952.story

I just find it so odd that this group is selling "bricks" and accepting donations for this walk when they have not yet requested a zoning exception, permits, etc.
Plus, apparently they have not yet closed on the property (according to the Orange County FL Property Appraiser's website) tho they have stated that they have 'acquired' the property....how can a property be 'acquired' when title has not yet passed? Unless, of course, they consider a contract on a property to be enough to state that they own it. ?? Hmmm. I'm just befuddled.

I don't think it's appropriate either. I find the whole thing odd. At first they said they were starting in a few months, then that it would be done by next year. I actually e-mailed them and they admitted they had no permits but they were confident they whole community would support them. They have worked on no other cases as far as I can see.
On their web site it says some thing about the property will be transferred to them " as a memorial." :waitasec:

This is also on their web site. Looks like they're hoping for a shot at FCA's story, too. Doesn't say who does the counseling.

"Bring Kids Home provides free counseling to people in Orlando affected by this case. Including a standing offer of free therapy for Casey Anthony to come to terms with what happened to Caylee, bring forth the exact details of the incident, and abandon further attempts to profit from this tragedy."

They also don't now how to write a sentence.

I don't think it's appropriate either. I find the whole thing odd. At first they said they were starting in a few months, then that it would be done by next year. I actually e-mailed them and they admitted they had no permits but they were confident they whole community would support them. They have worked on no other cases as far as I can see.
On their web site it says some thing about the property will be transferred to them " as a memorial." :waitasec:

This is also on their web site. Looks like they're hoping for a shot at FCA's story, too. Doesn't say who does the counseling.

"Bring Kids Home provides free counseling to people in Orlando affected by this case. Including a standing offer of free therapy for Casey Anthony to come to terms with what happened to Caylee, bring forth the exact details of the incident, and abandon further attempts to profit from this tragedy."

They also don't now how to write a sentence.

I believe, but am not positive, that counseling services may be provided by a pastor that has been leading prayers at the remains site. Apparently he heads TBC Productions and this org has merged with the Bringkidshome org.

Please see bottom, below, as to why I believe this group may be providing the counseling services. Apparently this group has been around for a long time, although I can find no evidence at all that they are registered as a charity, non profit or business but since they've been in existence a long time and have worked with county gov't, they must be registered someplace. Or....could they exist as an offshoot of a church? Eddie Delvalle is a pastor...

The other day I found a link that led me to TBC Productions, President and CEO is Eddie Delvalle. He's the one that has been leading the prayers, etc for the past two years or so at the remains site.

Apparently this TBC Productions has "merged" with Bringkidshome.org. And Delvalle is now an "officer".

http://tbcproductions.com/

I can't find anything at all on this company other than their website. They aren't listed on IRS, Guidestar or at Sunbiz.org (registered businesses and orgs in FL). I tried searching in WA and NJ, etc for this company, even nationwide but haven't found a lot. Yet they say they've been in business since 1990? Doesn't say they're a non profit but I searched for that anyway...also searched all businesses. I'll keep searching.

Their address and phone number is available all over the web (google).

I did find where TBC (Eddie Delvalle) applied for a $62,000 grant from Seminole County back in 2004 for Counseling Services:

http://www.seminolecountyfl.gov/agenda/110904/cfsp23.PDF

Doing research on what is allowed or should be allowed is sufficient if they expect to be approved. They cannot actually obtain a thing until they are property owners but that doesn't mean they haven't researched it.

That all being said, this whole thing makes my hinky meter go nutso.

More info on this org:

http://bringkidshome.org/

So, the land hasn't transferred yet???

Note that their website states that the memorial is not just for Caylee, but for all children--9th paragraph:

There will apparently be a balloon launch at the memorial site on Aug 9th. See site for details.

Me, I'm concerned that the org has apparently not yet acquired the land (as they stated). Perhaps they do have a contract on the land. Or...the land's owner became involved in this charity? I wish the org was more clear on this!

Apparently the org has not yet received permits for this memorial:

Who acquires a piece of land, takes donations and sells "bricks" and then applies for permits and rezoning which might be denied? JMO, isn't that a little backwards? Shouldn't the contract on the land be contingent on the property being rezoned for this purpose and then, when that zoning and the permits are obtained, donations requested? Am I wrong here??? Well, MOO.

----------snipped-----I believe, but am not positive, that counseling services may be provided by a pastor that has been leading prayers at the remains site. Apparently he heads TBC Productions and this org has merged with the Bringkidshome org.

Please see bottom, below, as to why I believe this group may be providing the counseling services. Apparently this group has been around for a long time, although I can find no evidence at all that they are registered as a charity, non profit or business but since they've been in existence a long time and have worked with county gov't, they must be registered someplace. Or....could they exist as an offshoot of a church? Eddie Delvalle is a pastor...

July 31/2011:

http://bringkidshome.org/PRBKH07312011.pdf
----announcement----

July 31, 2011​
ORLANDO, Fla. —Bring Kids Home, is pleased to announce.......

Contact For Additional Information:
Dr. Eddie DelValle
(407) 342-4956
Director, Florida Operations
Email:​
BringKidsHomePR@aol.com

www.BringKidsHome.org

I used to live in the area (I removed the street name though it is probably as well known as Hopespring) where Megan Kanka (of Megan's Law) lived/was murdered. Our town all rallied around and purchased the house she was killed in, tore it down and built a pretty memorial garden. All that was possible due to the kind donations of people in the community. It is directly across from the family home. Something like this is a beautiful gesture. This memorial brick walkway just doesn't have the same feel about it to me......

Isn't the airport fairly close to the A's house. Hopefully those balloons, if there are more than 20, will not be released under a flight path.

If I lived in the neighborhood I would not want to see the memorial right there. It's a horrific thought of how that child's body was found and what happened to her prior to her recovery.

Usually before buying property you check everything else out first. You wouldn't buy property right in the middle of a some luxury homes and expect to be able to get a zoning change because you want to put up a retail store. Just does not sound right to me.

Also didn't they announce, too, that if they were not able to complete their plans that the engraved bricks would be sent to the donors with a stand and all bricks would be stored in a warehouse until the property could be purchased. It may be earlier in this thread. Something just is not right. Have they even asked the neighbors, or the A's if they objected to this type of project. There is a lot of land there...more than 2 acres and I highly doubt that people (being people) who have dumped there trash there in the past will stop doing so because there is a brick walkway.

Plus wouldn't traffic be a problem for the school. It's a deadend and people would have to drive down to the school to turn around and leave Suburban. What if hundreds of cars showed up in a day? How would they be able to handle the traffic?

And wouldn't it make more sense to donate money to that well-known cancer hospital for children in Caylee's name? A brick with your name on it sounds too egotistical to me. What purpose would it serve??? To help a missing child, to help defray the medical costs of a seriously ill child whose parents struggle with medical bills, will it bring Caylee back. No to all of these. It's a brick walk with the names of a lot of good hearted people who thought they were contributing to something worthwhile. But to what purpose does the walk serve. It serves to get another money making charity in the news. It's a crime scene, let this child rest in peace.

What really breaks my heart is the name of this organization. BringKidsHome. Caylee was never coming home. jmo

Sometime adults get carried away. Wouldn't this be a constant reminder for decades to come. Spend the money on counseling these children if they want to do something. I would not want my child to have to pass that site every day and think about a mother who killed her child. Maybe they should rethink this and get a professional's thoughts about their project. Grief is about moving on with your life, not reminding children that this child died a tragic death. Invest the money in counseling for young mothers if they need to do something in Caylee's honor.

I know my view will get booos but I just think this is not a good idea. jmo

Mark this day down on the calendar, LambChop, because for once we are in agreement. No disrespect intended toward Caylee, of course, but a memorial like what is being planned will not only be a daily reminder to all the children currently attending school in the area but will also alert future generations to the tragedy that befell a young child on that spot. There are other ways money can be used to honor Caylee - as you said, counseling for young mothers is one, support for groups like TES is another.

If I remember correctly, LP offered the owner of the property a fraction of what the property is worth. I don't think this group is going to have any better luck. Actually I think, just like with LP's supposed plans for a memorial, this is all a scam.

From the faqs.org link above:

Copyright Claimant:
Timothy Eric Segura, 1959- (David Sears, pseud.)
Notes:
Book & lyrics for a musical play.
Names:
Timothy Eric Segura 1959-
pseud. David Sears

David Sears is a pseudonym for Timothy Eric Segura

Mark this day down on the calendar, LambChop, because for once we are in agreement. No disrespect intended toward Caylee, of course, but a memorial like what is being planned will not only be a daily reminder to all the children currently attending school in the area but will also alert future generations to the tragedy that befell a young child on that spot. There are other ways money can be used to honor Caylee - as you said, counseling for young mothers is one, support for groups like TES is another.

If I remember correctly, LP offered the owner of the property a fraction of what the property is worth. I don't think this group is going to have any better luck. Actually I think, just like with LP's supposed plans for a memorial, this is all a scam.

I proudly put a gold star on my calendar, Chilly. Thanks

Also, wouldn't make sense to plant wildflowers along that whole area so that in the spring the area would be a reminder that life goes on and something beautiful and natural would show up every spring. They are doing that here in NC, planting wildflowers along the highway. Just so beautiful in the spring. Once they die back they are mowed to return again in the spring. Certainly would not cost a lot of money and it would be a beautiful reminder. jmo

Now I am even MORE suspicious of this group, especially after seeing their adulation of George and Cindy today!!

The photo of the organizer of the memorial brick walk on Suburban, hugging George tells me all I ever need to know about his project. If he is going to put George and Cindy on a pedestal and openly associate them with the memorial project for Caylee .... I would NEVER EVER donate one penny to a project that honors George and Cindy after their support of the felon and lying in court.

For the project organizer to embrace the Anthonys in such a public way, would mean that anyone donating money to his group, would also be embracing the Anthonys and be in support of what the Anthonys are doing.

It literally made me sick to see the photos of Cindy and George turning the memorial today for CAYLEE into an event for Cindy and George to be front and center and to be the focus of today's event. They did NOT support Caylee during the murder trial, when they lied, under oath, to help their felon daughter. Nothing they are doing now is for Caylee.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PoignantEcho
Back