TX - Jonathan Foster, 12, Houston, 24 Dec 2010 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
1517 TERRY ST 5
Is this address close to where Johnathan lives? registered SO. just thinking.

Has the babysitters name been released? if there ever was one.

The time line should be established by now, but its not %100. not even %50 We are not even sure when he was last seen. Maybe his friends would know, but info not given out.

thank you for posting the link. they were concerned that they would have too much information regarding a missing little boy and they didn't want to work any tips from an amber alert that would "overwhelm them" until monday after their holiday. That is disgusting.

I'd like to give LE more credit than that. I believe there were other factors, alot of ambiguities, etc. Here are the Amber Alert guidelines:

http://www.amberalert.gov/guidelines.htm

SUMMARY OF DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE RECOMMENDED CRITERIA

There is reasonable belief by law enforcement that an abduction has occurred.

The law enforcement agency believes that the child is in imminent danger of serious bodily injury or death.

There is enough descriptive information about the victim and the abduction for law enforcement to issue an AMBER Alert to assist in the recovery of the child.

The abduction is of a child aged 17 years or younger.

The child’s name and other critical data elements, including the Child Abduction flag, have been entered into the National Crime Information Center (NCIC) system.

I'm not trying to defend LE's decision, but it seems to me that alot of Amber Alerts I've seen are 'snatched by so-and-so' or 'was driven away in such-and-such car' or 'was last seen talking to an RSO and then vanished a few minutes later'. I really do think that LE thought they did the right thing - and not out of convenience or anything like that. It seems that they really had so many differing accounts/details that I think they knew early on that the perp was close to home.

I am posting this, my mom wrote this for Jonathan, even though she isn't his biological grandmother she still played that roll while he lived with us.

*It's not the answer prayed for. It's not what we wanted to hear. My mind refuses to allow me to connect you with the*words I am reading on the reports. Not Jonathon, it's not the child I knew. The Jonathon I know continues to smile that embarrassed little smile, the one that plays timidly at the corners of his mouth. The Jonathon I know, his*eyes continue to see the things that made him happy,*a new litter of furry puppies, his granny smiling at*him with pride, fireworks displays and fish caught on*a line. *And not the Jonathon with the incrediable appetite, always grateful for the second helping. No, I can't put that together with the horrible reality of a world gone mad where a young boy is disregarded completely. No, I will keep my memory of you as the last time I saw you, walking into that airport in Tulsa, walking with a sense of purpose. You were going to go see granny, you were happy. The last time I was near you you were being gently transported into a cloudless sky. You still are. Relax into the arms of*the one who bears you now to your ultimate comfort. Smile into the face* of the wonderful counselor. Open your eyes to the beauty none of us have yet seen. *It wasn't the answer we prayed for but*we continue to pray for the peace that passes understanding."

That made me cry :(

Reneeloveyou......thanks, that was beautiful. Can you tell us where his sibling(s) are now and are they ever sent to the mom's home for visitation? I don't mean specifically where, just who they are with and if they ever spent time in that home. Thanks.

Jonathan has one sister, she resides with her dad. She lived with granny until I think right around the time Jonathan came there, not positive on that timeline though. J am sure she visited her mother but when Jonathan came to live with us she went to live with her granny, she is 10 years old.

I am posting this, my mom wrote this for Jonathan, even though she isn't his biological grandmother she still played that roll while he lived with us.

*It's not the answer prayed for. It's not what we wanted to hear. My mind refuses to allow me to connect you with the*words I am reading on the reports. Not Jonathon, it's not the child I knew. The Jonathon I know continues to smile that embarrassed little smile, the one that plays timidly at the corners of his mouth. The Jonathon I know, his*eyes continue to see the things that made him happy,*a new litter of furry puppies, his granny smiling at*him with pride, fireworks displays and fish caught on*a line. *And not the Jonathon with the incrediable appetite, always grateful for the second helping. No, I can't put that together with the horrible reality of a world gone mad where a young boy is disregarded completely. No, I will keep my memory of you as the last time I saw you, walking into that airport in Tulsa, walking with a sense of purpose. You were going to go see granny, you were happy. The last time I was near you you were being gently transported into a cloudless sky. You still are. Relax into the arms of*the one who bears you now to your ultimate comfort. Smile into the face* of the wonderful counselor. Open your eyes to the beauty none of us have yet seen. *It wasn't the answer we prayed for but*we continue to pray for the peace that passes understanding."

Oh my.... I have no words, just tears running down my face. Thank you for sharing you mom's heartfelt words with us, Renee. I'm so very, very sorry for everyone who so clearly loved precious little Jonathan.

It was reported that Jonathan and C (his sister) had twice weekly phone calls.

Jonathan has one sister, she resides with her dad. She lived with granny until I think right around the time Jonathan came there, not positive on that timeline though. J am sure she visited her mother but when Jonathan came to live with us she went to live with her granny, she is 10 years old.

Is Jonathan's sister from the same set of parents or is Jonathan's sister a half sister?

Reneeloveyou---Thank you for posting that picture of your children. He looks so happy. Also, thanks for sharing your Mother's words. They are so beautiful. If this does turn out to be Jonathan, I will think of him as your Mother posted transported to a cloudless sky to be with God.

Is Jonathan's sister from the same set of parents or is Jonathan's sister a half sister?

Patty, I believe it was reported earlier that D has a different father than Jonathan, and that D's father/family flew in to assist with the search a day or two ago, only to hear the news about a burned body being found. It was on an earlier thread - I'll see if I can find it.

ETA: Here's the previous post: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5939833&postcount=167"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - TX TX - Jonathan Foster, 12, Houston, 24 Dec 2010 - #2[/ame]

"Speaking on the condition of anonymity, one detective said late Tuesday evening the focus of the investigation had turned to Foster’s mother and stepfather, *advertiser censored** and DD. Without categorizing them as suspects, the veteran investigator said “it sure looks like there’s some involvement there.”

“At this point, I can’t say they’re responsible for the boy’s disappearance, but we’re certainly looking very closely at them. We have some very troubling evidence and some obviously false statements given to investigators early on,” he said.

The investigator also said “all indications” are that the burned body is that of Foster."

http://instantnewskaty.com/2010/12/29/18291

How very, very sad. :(

Renee, what your mom wrote was beautiful. I am so sorry. I don't know what else to say. Thanks for coming here, I wish I had help for you to deal with this tragic loss in your family. The picture of your family is great, Jonathan looks very happy.

Here's another picture of Jonathan, we all loved taking the 4 wheelers down to the lake bottom and just having some fun and letting loose

000_1328.jpg

Hopes Dim For Safe Recovery In Case Of Missing Jonathan Foster

Hopes for the safe recovery of 12-year-old Jonathan Foster, missing since Christmas Eve, continued to dim Tuesday, with detectives privately saying they believe the burned body found in a ditch near the Hardy Toll Road was, in fact, that of the boy.

SNIP>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Speaking on the condition of anonymity, one detective said late Tuesday evening the focus of the investigation had turned to Foster’s mother and stepfather, Angela and David Davis. Without categorizing them as suspects, the veteran investigator said “it sure looks like there’s some involvement there.”

“At this point, I can’t say they’re responsible for the boy’s disappearance, but we’re certainly looking very closely at them. We have some very troubling evidence and some obviously false statements given to investigators early on,” he said.

The investigator also said “all indications” are that the burned body is that of Foster.

Police also said they had recovered some “significant evidence” from a surveillance camera at the Rolled Alloys facility next to where the body was found. They would not disclose the nature of that evidence, but the stepfather’s car was searched and impounded by police shortly after detectives completed their review of the video.

http://www.fortbendnow.com/2010/12/29/49682

Here's another picture of Jonathan, we all loved taking the 4 wheelers down to the lake bottom and just having some fun and letting loose...(snipped)...

Love that picture... Nothing but 100% childhood fun. So glad he had a chance to experience that sort of childhood, love, and sense of family with you...

Hopes Dim For Safe Recovery In Case Of Missing Jonathan Foster

Hopes for the safe recovery of 12-year-old Jonathan Foster, missing since Christmas Eve, continued to dim Tuesday, with detectives privately saying they believe the burned body found in a ditch near the Hardy Toll Road was, in fact, that of the boy.

SNIP>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Speaking on the condition of anonymity, one detective said late Tuesday evening the focus of the investigation had turned to Foster’s mother and stepfather, Angela and David Davis. Without categorizing them as suspects, the veteran investigator said “it sure looks like there’s some involvement there.”

The investigator also said “all indications” are that the burned body is that of Foster.

Police also said they had recovered some “significant evidence” from a surveillance camera at the Rolled Alloys facility next to where the body was found. They would not disclose the nature of that evidence, but the stepfather’s car was searched and impounded by police shortly after detectives completed their review of the video.

http://www.fortbendnow.com/2010/12/29/49682

I wish this was from MSM ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads