LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chicken this is the closest that I'm able to come up with times. The third picture of either the same white truck or different going in the opposite direction on Landry has to be around the same timeframe because the same guy is still at the pumps.

Also, someone posted last night these times, which ARE shown as the JPG numbers, times, so that's all we can go on.

1:48 Mickey crosses intersection and is snapped in front of Circle K
1:49 Z-71 passes in front of funeral home. Might have passed Mickey as she rode by the side of LCG bldg.
1:51 Z-71 is sitting in turning lane at University.
1:49 hooptie
Hooptie on Landry, no time stamp

I don't know where this info came from, but not from the media or the LE's website, IMO.

1:47 on Versailles
1:48 MS on Landry
1:49 Olds on University
1:51 WT w/bed cover on University

No actual time stamp on the Z71 @ Landry nor MS.

I think wild conjecturing is part of puzzle solving and whipping up a theory to subsequently knock it down is a necessary part of the process.

That's otherwise known as "thinking outside of the box", and is often most vital in trying to get inside the head of a criminal.

Don't know if I'm seeing things but just noticed something on the car picture with the time stamp of 1:49:38.

At the bottom left of the picture there appears to be another time stamp and that looks like it says 1:52:xx May 19 2012?

It is really small and hard to read. Anyone else see the same?

Ouch

The bottom left hand corner of the one photo is stamped:

02:03:42 Sat May 19 2012

http://www.lafayettela.gov/upload/images/Police/PressReleases/Picture%201.jpg

I don't know where this info came from, but not from the media or the LE's website, IMO.

Update 5/25/2012: Detectives were able to identify a bicyclist believed to be Mickey Shunick travelling on Versailles Blvd and Saint Landry Street. At approximately 1:47AM the bicyclist is captured on Versallies Blvd travelling towards St. John Street. She then travelled on St. John Street and crossed over University Avenue, continuing west on St. Landry Street where she was captured on video at approximately 1:48PM.
http://findmickeynow.com/

So there is a minute difference.

The mods here are fantastic and wise.

They as well are understanding (inject many great adjectives here), and can tell when people are truly trying to help versus bait.

We as individuals as well can determine how much weight is put into the information posted.

Just remember that the mods are here to help and I know they are patient :angel:

ETA Not that I would know any of this from personal experience cough cough :giggle:

Thank you Allusonz!

This is true - we are here to help and will do the best we can. BUT you MUST pm us or ALERT a post to get our attention.

There are thousands of threads/cases on WS. We cannot and do not sit in anyone thread. We do NOT read every post. We do follow some cases more closely than others depending on our individual interests - but hey - we still have to sleep and work :)

It is against TOS to discuss moderation in the threads - but you can pm us anytime and we will have the discussion with you. Cases are fluid and can change by the minute. We try to stay on top of that and adjust the rules/directives accordingly.

First Hand Knowledge - YOU heard it, saw it, experienced it.

2nd Hand Knowledge - Someone else heard it, saw it, experienced it - and then told you all about it.

Hope that helps,

Salem

That is odd. Maybe the camera that took that pic does not have an accurately set clock and LE were aware of that and used the difference from "realtime" to calculate the official timestamp.

12 minutes is a big difference though.

I don't see the difference.

LEO tells me they have evidence of Mickey's whereabouts later in the night.
Store clerk tells me she saw a suspicious truck following Mickey.

I report both here. Why is one first-hand and the other second-hand?

I see absolutely no difference.

I see your frustration, but please let it go. We were told not to discuss it. If it is discussed, there will be consequences. If you feel so strongly, perhaps you should go through the verification process.

JMO

That was my post. It came after the bombshell from the police that both trucks seen in front of the Circle K were the same.

I conjectured the Z-71 approached University from St. Landry and then turned around to pursue Mickey.

I prefaced my hypothetical timeline with the assumption that the white truck seen on the edge of the photo of the olds on St. Landry was ALSO the Z-71.

If it is, then we can estimate when it was passing by the funeral home - the time stamp on the olds (1:49).

12 minutes is a big difference though.

You're right. And although I doubt it has any impact on the case, it is curious and is probably a great tip to pass along to some industrious reporter to have clarified by LE. Moo...

That is odd. Maybe the camera that took that pic does not have an accurately set clock and LE were aware of that and used the difference from "realtime" to calculate the official timestamp.

But, what now bothers me, is that other white truck, heading away from Landry on University, there has to also be a discrepancy on that time as well. Adding, apparently this one has been ruled out.

That ^^^ is my guess as well. I was a witness in an accident case trial one time. The investigators had video from two different stores in a strip mall, as the accident was visible from the cameras. But one of the cameras had an inaccurate timestamp, and the defense attorney really tried to make a big deal out of it. But the prosecution had overlaid the correct time on the video snippet, and the defense tried to make a big deal out of that.

Update 5/25/2012: Detectives were able to identify a bicyclist believed to be Mickey Shunick travelling on Versailles Blvd and Saint Landry Street. At approximately 1:47AM the bicyclist is captured on Versallies Blvd travelling towards St. John Street. She then travelled on St. John Street and crossed over University Avenue, continuing west on St. Landry Street where she was captured on video at approximately 1:48PM.
http://findmickeynow.com/

So there is a minute difference.

Correct. ? Do you think this unprobable? It was the misinformation on the cams across from the hospital that I hadn't seen in the media.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member