TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would think an office would be different than your home. But maybe it's just me. People are in and out of here all the time but I don't really like company so maybe I keep up with it more especially teenagers because I have to keep up with what they are up too.

My thought is the new girlfriend is probably not a primary care giver for a teenager that she hasn't been around all that long (all things considered) and she is taking care of a little one. With the houses being that close together I would picture Hailey popping in and out to get things frequently, not necessarily checking in with the new girlfriend, asking for help, or updating her whereabouts.

In your case kids popping in and out of the house tie back to your monitoring of your own kids, know what I mean? You are aware what yours are doing, who they are with, so the friend popping in hits your radar (and your natural maternal monitoring).

In my case there are three of us that work in the office.
If I was in the press saying I didn't know if our partners child was here last on monday or wednesday (a child I have known since he was born) everyone would be debating how I could not know in a group that small, I am the only female I should be more aware of a child, etc.....

For me that one is just not a redflag.

IT seems to me that the mere fact of what she was wearing tells me she wasn't expecting to be out long. I doubt she hid shoes. She could have had other clothing on under the sweat pants but since the story was she was going to stay at her friends for the night, it wouldn't have looked suspicious if she took clothes with her.

I use to live in Abilene but never been to Snyder. Would Snyder look like 1997 Abilene?

Ha Ha more like 1967 Abilene.

Oh My, is Nancy Grace report accurate? Would love to hear from family friend on this?

I think I would too. I just think he picked a bad time to go, if he went right after his poly.

Most definitely, but then stress does strange things to people and cause them to not necessarily think straight.

I do have a questions though...do we know for certain that, up until yesterday, he had been staying with Billie?

Have a question about the "dog searches". If this has already been mentioned earlier, and anyone could give me the "general vicinity" of where I could find this answer, then I'll just go back in the threads.

But what has been bugging me about these dogs "picking up scents" for Hailey here and there, it strikes me that she probably has been all over these areas all the time, not just the last day she was seen. I know a dog could not determine when the "so-called" scent from Hailey may have been left there where they are detecting it. Again, sorry if this has been explained already from our expert.

Interstate Billboard to Feature Hailey Dunn

The billboards could appear on Interstate 20 in Abilene as soon as this week.

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=328756

====================================

UPDATE: Dunn Family Reports Failed Lie Detector Tests

Colorado City, TX— Hailey Dunn's mother says a handful of people connected to her family were told by authorities that they failed polygraph tests that have been administered over the last few days.

Billie Dunn wasn't prepared to name names. However, she told KTAB's Priscilla Luong she and her family's frustration is beginning to mount.

more here

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=328456

DPS Helicopter Expected to Aid in Dunn Search

A Texas Department of Public Safety helicopter is expected to fly over the skies of Colorado City Thursday as crews continue their search for 13-year-old Hailey Dunn.

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=328506

Missing teen's grandmothers speak out, pray that she's safe

Hailey has 2 grandmothers who also live there; they haven't seen her since Christmas. They say they won't stop hoping and praying until she's found.

Connie Jones, one of Hailey's grandmothers, changed her answering machine. It's a special message for Hailey. We listened to a portion of the message. "I'm staying home as much as I can in hopes that you call me. I love you my baby."

more here

http://www.kcbd.com/Global/story.asp?S=13792341

I am firmly on the fence with this one. I can't decide which side of it to fall on. That being said, one thing is bugging me.

Why would BD, the only one with a solid alibi, get questioned (IIRC "interrogated" was her word) for 12 hours straight, while SA, the apparent last person to see HD is free to leave town after either refusing or failing a poly?

I'm not trying to implicate BD at all, because I don't believe she has anything to do with this, but I'm wondering now if SA doesn't either. Maybe BD was questioned because she can provide the answers about the evidence that was removed from the house and shed more so than SA could/can.

I am firmly on the fence with this one. I can't decide which side of it to fall on. That being said, one thing is bugging me.

Why would BD, the only one with a solid alibi, get questioned (IIRC "interrogated" was her word) for 12 hours straight, while SA, the apparent last person to see HD is free to leave town after either refusing or failing a poly?

I'm not trying to implicate BD at all, because I don't believe she has anything to do with this, but I'm wondering now if SA doesn't either. Maybe BD was questioned because she can provide the answers about the evidence that was removed from the house and shed more so than SA could/can.

BBM Because they need a minute by minute accounting of her time spent w/ SA imo. They need to know who else comes in contact with her daughter, her relationships w/ others...etc...a million things that a mom knows.

SA was free to leave because he was never arrested. He had every legal right to refuse a poly and if in fact that he may have exercised that right can NOT be held against him, neither can the fact he was the last known person to see her. You can't just arrest him or hold him based on those things. He has every legal right to not say another stinking word if he so choses.

My thought is the new girlfriend is probably not a primary care giver for a teenager that she hasn't been around all that long (all things considered) and she is taking care of a little one. With the houses being that close together I would picture Hailey popping in and out to get things frequently, not necessarily checking in with the new girlfriend, asking for help, or updating her whereabouts.

In your case kids popping in and out of the house tie back to your monitoring of your own kids, know what I mean? You are aware what yours are doing, who they are with, so the friend popping in hits your radar (and your natural maternal monitoring).

If I was in the press saying I didn't know if our partners child was here last on monday or wednesday (a child I have known since he was born) everyone would be debating how I could not know in a group that small, I am the only female I should be more aware of a child, etc.....

It may or may not be a red flag. Everyone is focused on SA who said she left to go to her Dad's but no one thought a thing about a GF that couldn't remember if she dropped in the day before. How do we know that she didn't drop in? How do we know it wasn't the GF that did something to Hailey? How do we know she wasn't one of the ones that failed a poly? I don't think she should be off the radar because she is a woman and just had a baby. I am NOT accusing her. I just have questions. If they asked her a week later,and she can't remember, I would have no questions. If they asked her the next day,and she can't remember, it bothers me. It may or may not be a red flag but it bothers me. Again I am NOT accusing her. In my opinion, there is not enough evidence known, to really have a suspect in mind. SA is starting to look guilty but who knows.

As I was reading your response, something occurred to me. I'll have to try and go back to find links, but I believe that Hailey's dad said on NG that HD has spent both Christmas Day and the following day at his house. So what time did HD leave to go home to BD's on the 26th? Was it in the morning and she popped in and out a few more times that day, or was it later in the day and she didn't go back by again that day?

Getting to my point, wouldn't it be easier for the girlfriend to be able to tell her days apart and know if HD had come by the "next" day when she had just stayed there for two days in a row?

Posted in the last 1/2 hour, here is a snippet:

"They've intensified the search since yesterday. They've confirmed some leads and are going with them today," Kampfer said.

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2011/jan/06/helicopter-being-used-search-missing-colorado-city/
a few more snips from your link:

they would begin a helicopter search this afternoon.

"They've intensified the search since yesterday. They've confirmed some leads and are going with them today," Kampfer said.

---------

Kampfer confirmed evidence was taken from Billie Jean's home Wednesday that may have led to leads being pursued today.

Has the girlfriend's name been reported yet?

We haven't heard from dads gf have we? We don't know what she has told LE or anyone about that day.

Maybe Billie didn't pass her poly and that's why she was with the Texas Rangers for 12 hours? Would she be covering for SA? I doubt it...I hope not...

Do they polygraph minors?

It may or may not be a red flag. Everyone is focused on SA who said she left to go to her Dad's but no one thought a thing about a GF that couldn't remember if she dropped in the day before. How do we know that she didn't drop in? How do we know it wasn't the GF that did something to Hailey? How do we know she wasn't one of the ones that failed a poly? I don't think she should be off the radar because she is a woman and just had a baby. I am NOT accusing her. I just have questions. If they asked her a week later,and she can't remember, I would have no questions. If they asked her the next day,and she can't remember, it bothers me. It may or may not be a red flag but it bothers me. Again I am NOT accusing her. In my opinion, there is not enough evidence known, to really have a suspect in mind. SA is starting to look guilty but who knows.

she's the new mother of a baby, no vehical, what could she possibly do with her?

I can't wait for Nancy Grace tonight!! It appears things aren't looking good for the boyfriend.

Also not accusing, but unless neighbor is SURE, there is no confirmation from anybody that saw HD that day - leaving timeline of disappearance a bit longer

UPDATE 12:15 pm - Exclusive Information On Search for Missing Colorado City Teen 01/06/11

Beau Berman
CBS 7 News
UPDATE 12:15pm

Colorado City, Texas -
Texas Rangers are now hearing that the boyfriend of missing 13 year old Hailey Dunn's mother is now missing himself.

The Rangers learned this from Hailey's 16 year old brother, David.

Major Randy Prince of the Texas Rangers is now telling city hall that the investigation is ongoing and that they have some very "hot" leads they are following. Prince tells city hall that "the focus has intensified".

http://www.cbs7kosa.com/news/details.asp?ID=23235

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member