Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #12 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Folding the clothes and placing them in the bag is very interesting from a psychological point of view.

Indeed, it seems thought out as though someone knew her well. Have all the people within the inner circle of friends and family been thoroughly interviewed? Neighbors yards - have the dogs gone through anything within 1-2 miles?

But it is speculation on who it was that folded it. imo

And her sister was home from college on spring break. I cannot believe that Sierra did not HOPE to hang out with her big sis that afternoon. Plans and wishful thinking are different things, but she may have secretly wanted to visit her sis, so she planned ahead.

I don't think she would have packed much if she was going to her dads. She probably had a lot of stuff there already. She had lived there previously.

And why go all alone to a bus stop, walk home alone, when you can call your big sis and ask her to come pick you up after school instead. I cannot believe it would not enter her mind.

I am only going by my kids when they were that age. My DD would ALWAYS want her big bro who is 4 yrs older to pick her up rather than her taking the dreaded bus home.

?? So are you thinking Danielle picked up Sierra and harmed her? Or you thinking Danielle picked up Sierra and has her in hiding and this missing person is a hoax?

Hoodies were banned in the schools around here a few years back. I'm sure I can bet that has been changed.

I would think most perps would want to get rid of a body ASAP...if they have any brains at all. Who would chance driving a long way with a corpse unless it was well concealed?

I think that is rare, unless they happen to be a serial killer with a specific burial site...

But on the other hand, I would not be surprised if Sierra was driven a good distance away before she was harmed...to get her away from the area the perp knew would be searched once the phone and the bag were found.

I would think most perps would want to get rid of a body ASAP...if they have any brains at all. Who would chance driving a long way with a corpse unless it was well concealed?

I agree. Should not drive the freeway with a corpse in the car. And you cannot drive that far with a living prisoner either. What if you get pulled over with a handcuffed girl or someone in your trunk. [ It has happened though.]

Right. But that does not mean that Sierra did not have her own ideas. Sierra had not asked Marlene YET, but she may have had some plans and hoped to ask her mom later. My DD did that a lot at 15.

After school or at lunch she would call and say" Mom, there is a swim meet after school , so can I stay later and call you when it is over? "

Also, her big sis was in Fremont. And home on spring break. I cannot imagine that she didn't want to go hang out with her on a Friday afternoon.

But she may have not told Marlene everything. This morning my daughter agreed to go out to eat as a family ... no real plans. Tonight she's out eating pizza with a friend who just to back from AZ (we're on spring break). I'm not sure when the invite for pizza came in. But I know who's not going out to eat (me).

I see what you're both saying, and I agree.

However, we can only go by the facts as they are reported in this case. 7:15 a.m. Friday, March 16 was the last known alleged communication from Sierra. It hasn't been reported that Sierra talked about any after-school plans to anyone.

So I'm willing to accept the idea that she didn't have any, as of that time.

?? So are you thinking Danielle picked up Sierra and harmed her? Or you thinking Danielle picked up Sierra and has her in hiding and this missing person is a hoax?

NOOOOOOO. Not at all.

I am just saying that I think Sierra may have packed that change of clothing herself, because she hoped to hang out with her big sis that night.

But I think it was probably a stalker that ruined those plans.

I see what you're both saying, and I agree.

However, we can only go by the facts as they are reported in this case. 7:15 a.m. Friday, March 16 was the last known alleged communication from Sierra. It hasn't been reported that Sierra talked about any after-school plans to anyone.

So I'm willing to accept the idea that she didn't have any, as of that time.

It is just kind of hard for me to believe that a vivacious, fun 15 yr old had ZERO plans for a friday afternoon. Imo, just because Marlene did not know of them, it does not mean Sierra did not have any.

Her older sis, who she was really close to, was in town for spring break. I really think she hoped to spend some time with her. But if someone took her at 7:15, then she had no time to make those plans known to anyone.

NOOOOOOO. Not at all.

I am just saying that I think Sierra may have packed that change of clothing herself, because she hoped to hang out with her big sis that night.

But I think it was probably a stalker that ruined those plans.

oh! thank you! I sure read that wrong... :)

Over a month seems too long for a hoax and I don't think Sierra would be able to deal with not talking with her friends for over a month IMO.

Was Sierra's FB page always private? Just seems odd, seeing how public she was elsewhere, if she kept that locked up...JMO

Someone put the clothes in the bag. Who we don't know. Some thnk Sierra, some don't.

1. marlene says Sierra doesn't fold when packing a suitcase.
2. we don't know everything in the bag. we were told t-shirt, pants, bra, panties.
3. we know jersey is what she was wearing. It was described and is on flyer
4. we don't know if LE/media took t-shirt to mean jersey.
5. marlene believes clothes in bag were what she was wearing. (this tells me the jersey could have been in the bag)

Who folded the clothes neatly and placed them in the bag. Did Sierra do it by removing neatly folded clothes from a dresser drawer? Or were the clothes taken from Sierra after a crime and neatly folded and placed as close to her home as they were willing to go. Was this done as a gift type sick action to her loved ones or was it done to toy with LE? Does the perp think he is smarter than LE?

On one hand, it appears the perp was furious and threw her phone out the window. OTOH, he is lovingly folding her clothes. This is a conflict. I would have expected the clothes and books to be strewn also.

At the beginning, LE said the cell was tossed minutes after leaving the home. This is when the perp was in a rage. Later, after time, he calmed down and placed her belongings to be found....if he was the one that folded them..hmm.

Willow30 no problem been here 8 years still learning. And any new insight is always welcome.

WOW JDB - you've reached 10,000 posts!!!

:woohoo:

:woot:

:party:

:congrats:

Was Sierra's FB page always private? Just seems odd, seeing how public she was elsewhere, if she kept that locked up...JMO

Marlene and Rick are on fb and I don't believe they are friends so she may have had it set to private to stop her parents seeing?

Does anyone know what is this giant building on the neighbor's property beside Marlene's rental house? It has a bunch of cars behind it. Is this a mechanics shop? The entrance is at the point where Sierra's scent ended.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2012-04-21 at 8.00.50 PM.png
    Screen shot 2012-04-21 at 8.00.50 PM.png
    261.5 KB · Views: 27
Does anyone know what is this giant building on the neighbor's property beside Marlene's rental house? It has a bunch of cars behind it. Is this a mechanics shop? The entrance is at the point where Sierra's scent ended.

There's lots of things interesting on those three lots at the end of the cul-de-sac.

...and nobody's questioning the building on Sierra's land itself either...LOL.

It's as if there is a big elephant in the middle of the room.

It is just kind of hard for me to believe that a vivacious, fun 15 yr old had ZERO plans for a friday afternoon. Imo, just because Marlene did not know of them, it does not mean Sierra did not have any.

Her older sis, who she was really close to, was in town for spring break. I really think she hoped to spend some time with her. But if someone took her at 7:15, then she had no time to make those plans known to anyone.

It's not as if no one knew spring break was coming up - it was a scheduled break that everyone knew about well in advance. IMO, if there had been plans for that particular weekend, they would have been made ahead of time - before big sis was home (or even during that Thursday evening phone convo), not after, especially considering the fact that it was only a week break & folks would need to coordinate their schedules.

http://cupertino.patch.com/articles/neighboring-counties-join-in-search-for-sierra-lamar-on-saturday

According to this article, searchers are searching an area that has already been searched and neighboring sheriff departments were called in to help. Does LE have a suspect who was known to be near this area?

As I recall, the sheriff's office said that they had searched that area with ATVs, so they are going back to do a more thorough search.

This is pretty common, in my experience. The first searches are geared towards covering as much ground as possible, hoping to find a live victim. Later, LE wants to go back over those initial searches just in case something was overlooked.

You can think of different search methods as being in different degrees of effectiveness; in any search, you end up trading off effectiveness for time.

The most effective search is a line of searchers on hands and knees, moving over the ground shoulder to shoulder. This will find just about anything there is to find but it takes a lot of personnel and a lot of time. It just isn't feasible to do large scale searches this way.

The least effective searches are the ones from motor vehicles. When a motor vehicle is going only 5 mph, that's actually a 12 minute mile which is a jog for someone on foot. When you convert it that way, it's easy to see why a motor vehicle search is least effective at finding small pieces of evidence but they do cover the most ground using the least number of personnel.

If particular sectors have only been searched via motor vehicle, then it makes sense to go back and do a more effective type of search later, if needed.

No..

...and nobody's questioning the building on Sierra's land itself either...LOL.

I am.

I want to know more about the landlords business.
-- I want to know if he still used those outbuildings for supplies or storage.
--Did any employees come to the house to have access to those outbuildings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine