Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #12 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not as if no one knew spring break was coming up - it was a scheduled break that everyone knew about well in advance. IMO, if there had been plans for that particular weekend, they would have been made ahead of time - before big sis was home (or even during that Thursday evening phone convo), not after, especially considering the fact that it was only a week break & folks would need to coodinate their schedules.

I guess I am just trying to think like 15 yr olds think, not like adults.

Adults make concrete plans for upcoming spring break week. But, in my experience, kids are more impulsive and spontaneous.

Did Marlene expect that Sierra was not going to do anything or go anywhere that Friday night? Because I find that kind of unusual for the average 15 yr old social girl.

Marlene and Rick are on fb and I don't believe they are friends so she may have had it set to private to stop her parents seeing?

If that is the case, Sierra truly had no oversight with her social media...

There is so much we don't know about this case . Such as where they have searched I recall early on the LE out with dogs I am sure they just did not search Sierra property in fact iirc neighbors even stated they allowed the LE to search wherever they needed to find Sierra. Just because we did not see it does not mean it was not done.

Adults make concrete plans for upcoming spring break week. But, in my experience, kids are more impulsive and spontaneous.

Did Marlene expect that Sierra was not going to do anything or go anywhere that Friday night? Because I find that kind of unusual for the average 15 yr old social girl.

I got the feeling that her close friends were the ones in Fremont...she may have not had much of a social life in MH as yet...JMO

Someone put the clothes in the bag. Who we don't know. Some thnk Sierra, some don't.

1. marlene says Sierra doesn't fold when packing a suitcase.
2. we don't know everything in the bag. we were told t-shirt, pants, bra, panties.
3. we know jersey is what she was wearing. It was described and is on flyer
4. we don't know if LE/media took t-shirt to mean jersey.
5. marlene believes clothes in bag were what she was wearing. (this tells me the jersey could have been in the bag)

Who folded the clothes neatly and placed them in the bag. Did Sierra do it by removing neatly folded clothes from a dresser drawer? Or were the clothes taken from Sierra after a crime and neatly folded and placed as close to her home as they were willing to go. Was this done as a gift type sick action to her loved ones or was it done to toy with LE? Does the perp think he is smarter than LE?

On one hand, it appears the perp was furious and threw her phone out the window. OTOH, he is lovingly folding her clothes. This is a conflict. I would have expected the clothes and books to be strewn also.

At the beginning, LE said the cell was tossed minutes after leaving the home. This is when the perp was in a rage. Later, after time, he calmed down and placed her belongings to be found....if he was the one that folded them..hmm.

I find the folding of the cloths more of a female kind of thing, not that men don't, just the cloths and the bag were handled in a more gentel way. The cloths weren't stuffed into the bag and the bag wasn't just tossed into one of the murky ponds. So who would have respect for her things? Figure that out and you may figure out the "Who".

I am.

I want to know more about the landlords business.
-- I want to know if he still used those outbuildings for supplies or storage.
--Did any employees come to the house to have access to those outbuildings?

I'd want to know if any of the bungalows were occupied.
Caretakers/watchmen, etc.
It let's you know that a random perp would have had no way of knowing who might pull in or out those drives at any moment, or round the corner of a building.
Nor have any idea how many prying eyes were potentially
in the vicinity.

This person(s) must have had a reasonable expectation that their vehicle's coming and going would raise no alarm.

As Sierra herself raised no alarm that we are aware of.

I think she had her own plans that she had not asked about yet. That is normal 15 yr old girl behavior. Plan ahead. get everything in order and then ask for permission, so you have your bases covered.

Her big sis was in Fremont with Dad. I think she wanted to go and be with them that night, but had not asked mom yet because of the family dynamics and tension.

ETA: about the neat folding. My DD's room looked like a disaster when she was 15. She tried on a zillion outfits every morning and left them strewn about. She stuffed clothes in her drawer unfolded. But if she was going out and was planning to wear something later,miraculously she knew how to fold it.

I agree on all of the above.

I think it's also possible that Sierra had no firm plans in mind but was hoping to develop something with friends while at school.

Or she may have been planning to call Dad from school to ask to go to Fremont over the weekend. If Dad said no, then Sierra wouldn't have to mention it to Mom. If Dad said yes, then Sierra could call Mom and say "Dad said he could pick me up from school if it's okay with you. I've got my clothes and everything, so you don't have to do anything."

I agree on the folding, too. We've had to clamp down on my niece about her chores, so we're going to a system where she earns a specific amount of her allowance every time she does her chores.

One of the ways my niece was avoiding doing chores was by saying she didn't know how and could we show her...? Which often led to one of us just doing it to get it done.

It's miraculous how, now that her allowance is dependent upon doing her chores without reminders or assistance, she's actually doing them without reminders or assistance.

Age and cunning have the advantage over youth and strength. Which is a good thing.

I can easily believe that when Sierra wasn't sufficiently motivated, she did a horrible job of folding her clothes... but if she was motivated, amazingly she remembered how to fold them neatly.

Someone put the clothes in the bag. Who we don't know. Some thnk Sierra, some don't.

1. marlene says Sierra doesn't fold when packing a suitcase.
2. we don't know everything in the bag. we were told t-shirt, pants, bra, panties.
3. we know jersey is what she was wearing. It was described and is on flyer
4. we don't know if LE/media took t-shirt to mean jersey.
5. marlene believes clothes in bag were what she was wearing. (this tells me the jersey could have been in the bag)

Who folded the clothes neatly and placed them in the bag. Did Sierra do it by removing neatly folded clothes from a dresser drawer? Or were the clothes taken from Sierra after a crime and neatly folded and placed as close to her home as they were willing to go. Was this done as a gift type sick action to her loved ones or was it done to toy with LE? Does the perp think he is smarter than LE?

On one hand, it appears the perp was furious and threw her phone out the window. OTOH, he is lovingly folding her clothes. This is a conflict. I would have expected the clothes and books to be strewn also.

At the beginning, LE said the cell was tossed minutes after leaving the home. This is when the perp was in a rage. Later, after time, he calmed down and placed her belongings to be found....if he was the one that folded them..hmm.

Is this the profile of a sexual pedophile to fold clothes after an abduction? Not sure. This seems like a caring act - from someone who knew Sierra - IMO

I see what you're both saying, and I agree.

However, we can only go by the facts as they are reported in this case. 7:15 a.m. Friday, March 16 was the last known alleged communication from Sierra. It hasn't been reported that Sierra talked about any after-school plans to anyone.

So I'm willing to accept the idea that she didn't have any, as of that time.

I have no definite conclusion about the clothes in the bag. Based on the facts, something has convinced LE to search and research the surrounding vicinity. Signs that the clothes were worn, even for a short time, could certainly be that "something." Deodorant, sweat, urine on undergarments (even trace amounts), etc.

OTOH, Sierra could have brought a change of clothes for later that she never got a chance to wear. IMO, that might indicate that she could be found further away. That's all I've got. It's confusing ...

I find several things about this case to be unusual, but will refrain from stating them in order to remain within WS TOS rules.

All I know is: neither parent, nor big sis, has reported to MSM any Friday March 16 after-school plans (tentative or otherwise) involving Sierra.

ETA: I don't believe Sierra is the one who "neatly folded" & packed the clothing in the Juicy handbag.

...and how was she going to get there? It's much easier for her Dad or sis to pick her up at her home. Besides she left her charger at home...and that indicates to me she had full intention of returning to get it...

The high school was just up the road from the bus stop Sierra used. If her dad and/or sister were driving from Fremont, the four mile (or so) difference would not be a big deal.

And it could be that her father and/or sister would rather avoid contact with Marlene and/or RG. I don't know them, I could easily be wrong, but it seems to me that in videos where Steve and Marlene are appearing together, they don't seem that comfortable with each other. More polite than comfortable.

But I could easily be wrong about that.

Sierra had no plans to go anywhere after school according to her family. Marlene offered up that she knows Sierra exchanges clothing w/friends. I say "Wishful thinking" on Marlene's part...as no teen offers up their panties and bra for friends.

Marlene also stated that Sierra does NOT fold her clothes neatly when packing...leaving me with the distinct impression someone else folded them.

:waitasec: Has LE actually been heard saying that a bra and panties were found or was that information from a reporter? I know that at the news conference when Sgt. Cardoza announced that the Juicy Coutour bag had been found that he stated that a "pair of pants and a T-shirt" were inside the bag. He made no mention of a bra and panties and I've always wondered if LE was heard to say that at a later date or if that information came from a reporter.

Not knowing whether or not Sierra brought extra clothes with her makes me stay away from the "folded" part...we just don't know enough, IMO. But I do think girls pack their clean clothes neatly, their dirty clothes not so much. Mom may have mostly seen Sierra's bag upon coming back from Fremont on Sundays when everything was jammed in there...

The high school was just up the road from the bus stop Sierra used. If her dad and/or sister were driving from Fremont, the four mile (or so) difference would not be a big deal.

And it could be that her father and/or sister would rather avoid contact with Marlene and/or RG. I don't know them, I could easily be wrong, but it seems to me that in videos where Steve and Marlene are appearing together, they don't seem that comfortable with each other. More polite than comfortable.

But I could easily be wrong about that.

This was not the weekend of her scheduled visit.
As has been point out by Sorrell Skye, we can pretty much
discount she had planned any visit to Fremont and Dad and Sis that
day.
They have made no such mention that they were expecting to see her
later that afternoon or the following day.

ETA:

Whether or not Danielle had planned a trip to MH during her break to visit has not
been stated either, that I am aware of.

? For those of you who studied Sierra SM..

Was she active on Friday and Saturday nights? Did she tweet about what she was doing. Ie..going to move. Or awesome night last night... Or anything like that?

I am wondering of Sierra was active in real life while living in MH?

I'd want to know if any of the bungalows were occupied.
Caretakers/watchmen, etc.
It let's you know that a random perp would have had no way of knowing who might pull in or out those drives at any moment, or round the corner of a building.
Nor have any idea how many prying eyes were potentially
in the vicinity.

This person(s) must have had a reasonable expectation that their vehicle's coming and going would raise no alarm.

As Sierra herself raised no alarm that we are aware of.

You are exactly right. One would have no ides who was going to be pulling our of a drivway or from behind a gate.

A total stranger, IMO, would have to have some dots mssing off their dominoes to pull up at random and take Sierra from her driveway. I have met a few with missing dots, so it's possible...but in this case, I just don't get that sort of feel.

We assume Sierra has two chargers
We have assumed Sierra had secret plans to visit dad
We assume she packed clothing for a clandestine visit to her dad's
We assume her dad/sis was going to pick her up from school because they don't like to drive to her house.
We had to assume she packed neatly, contrary to her normal behavior.

.....I think all of these assumptions have to be made to justify a belief that the bag was preplanned by Sierra. In doing this, an awful lot of assumptions were put in place to justify this position.

....too many, IMO.

I'm not making any assumptions. I can't speak for anyone else.

What I am doing is taking the same set of facts that everyone has and speculating about what they may mean.

Without speculation, there would be nothing to discuss in this case (or any other) and no point in having forums on WS.

excellent article... also explains why they are not releasing details

A month after missing teen Sierra LaMar vanished on the way to school, her hopeful mother shows up whenever volunteers gather before scouring the fields, creeks and back roads in search of the girl whose complete disappearance has mystified police and captivated the nation.
"Thank you for the presence of everyone in the room right now," says Marlene LaMar to the searchers who always begin their task with a group prayer. In recent days, the mother linked hands with three dozen volunteers.
While the disappearance on the morning of March 16 of the petite, outgoing 15-year-old with a passion for cheerleading, rap music, Twitter and the color pink has drawn sympathy coast to coast, little has emerged from the investigation to unravel the mystery of where she is. Detectives on the case are quietly putting the scattered pieces of evidence together like a problematic jigsaw puzzle, revealing little except to the girl's family.
The Santa Clara County Sheriff's Office said that's simply how it does business. The agency does not provide details as they come up because detectives aren't sure how important each detail is, where it might lead them or what might happen, says department spokesman Sgt. Jose Cardoza. There's no telling what Sierra's kidnappers, if there are any, or reluctant witnesses might do if they knew how close investigators were getting.
http://www.mercurynews.com/bay-area...han-month-later-search-sierra-lamar-continues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member