TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden; believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #33

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree.
I interpret it as Clint believed Holly was already dead.
Couple that with Karen’s level of grief at the family’s initial press conference,
it seems her reaction was of a mother who believed her child not only missing, but deceased.

jmo

Forgot to ad, 'actions speak louder than words'....most of the time.

Clint saw the perp and said he was wearing FULL turkey gear. Clint also said he thought it was Drew. What if it was? Darn sure they know who would be wearing FULL turkey gear on their own property. Turkey camo is very distinctive...and unlike regular camo.

.....where is Drew? Did he fall off the face of the earth?

I think I have read most of the threads of the past year. Has Drew or the cousin or uncle (or whoever was involved in the turkey hunting incident) even made clear what happened that morning from their perspective? It seems extremely vague to me-- just that there was some miscommunication about who was allowed to hunt, some phone calls back and forth...This seems to be something that should be totally out in the open- I am sure LE has looked into it, but it seems totally logical to me that one of those players could have come by to talk to Holly. They weren't THAT far away, were they?

I’ve been reading on the Holly Bobo thread for almost a year now and I have composed the following list of excuses that other posters (as well as myself) have made for Clint:

Sleepy
Scared
Confused
Mistaken
Slow
Naked
Mama’s boy
Threatened
Nearsighted
Country bumpkin
Hung over
Stoned
Timid
Hard of hearing
Third wheel
Eavesdropper
(I'm sure there are more excuses, but I can't remember them all.)

I seem to remember reading, more than once, that the tracking dogs did not pick up Holly's scent even at the edge of the woods. Can anyone confirm reading that as well?

I seem to remember reading, more than once, that the tracking dogs did not pick up Holly's scent even at the edge of the woods. Can anyone confirm reading that as well?
I believe that came from Mark Fuhrman early on and he said he got it from a dispatcher.
The rumor mill has her going through the woods and the scent stopping in an area accessible to a road. Just like every other part of the story, there are two versions and you can just pick which one you like as you move through it.

This was a muddled statement made by Mark Fuhrman on the NG or JVM show early on. His quote was something like "I called Tennessee and they said..." . So he called a state? It is not a statement that holds a lot of weight. And there could be a logical explaination, even if it were true... like the suspect had a vehicle parked there (not hard to do based on photos).

I think I have read most of the threads of the past year. Has Drew or the cousin or uncle (or whoever was involved in the turkey hunting incident) even made clear what happened that morning from their perspective? It seems extremely vague to me-- just that there was some miscommunication about who was allowed to hunt, some phone calls back and forth...This seems to be something that should be totally out in the open- I am sure LE has looked into it, but it seems totally logical to me that one of those players could have come by to talk to Holly. They weren't THAT far away, were they?

No... no comments from anyone except the relative few from the Karen, Clint and to a lesser extent, Dana.

No... no comments from anyone except the relative few from the Karen, Clint and to a lesser extent, Dana.

I feel like :seeya: hey family-we are here and desperate for news and info about Holly...how can we help?

But I don't think anyone would answer...

If a clue fell in a forest and there was no one in the immediate vicinity to hear it when it happened, would TBI move a muscle?

This is the case that got me hooked on missing persons cases. Its not too far away from home and due to tornadoes we only had cell phones for getting online. Every day and night I searched for info on her. My first impression was no way this happened this way, it had to be a hoax. Then I wondered through all the different theories like boyfriends, ex's, drug/gambling, sex slavery and human trafficking. Now over a year later I'm back to no way this happened this way. * Interesting enough though there was the case of the guy who was friends with Prince Andrew I think that lived in Florida and imported girls for him and his friends. Paid people to bring them to him. I wish I could remember his name, but I do remember that either wasn't prosecuted or found not guilty. Seems like he was a billionaire also. Just disgusting behavior and no consequences. I didn't mean to ramble on, the point being I guess something like that is possible, but I dang if I can believe it in this case.

*I'm gonna research that and post it. Hate to leave it hanging there without more of a reference.

Ok found it. Jeffrey Epstein and he did do 13 months on what they could get him for.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/02/25/jeffrey-epstein-im-not-a-_n_828389.html

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but IIRC, the case stalled when her cellphone was allegedly found (around Easter ??). I think that is when searches stopped and we hadn't heard anything from LE since then.

Lets look at that for a moment. Supposing it is true that the finding of evidence based on a tip that day is what stopped searches and LE statements, try this on for size:

Perhaps the tip that day was not "hey theres a phone laying in the road", but perhaps the tip was more like this: "hey i just saw ______________ (insert name) throwing something out of their car window while driving. i thought it was odd considering the missing persons case."

Perhaps law enforcement knows who put the phone there, or whatever it was that was found that day. Maybe there was a witness to it being discarded, who provided the tip.

If that were the case, who could be the person(s) dumping the evidence that would cause LE to stop searches and stop making statements?

Just my opinions based on a theory I'm working on that perhaps the game changer on that day was not the evidence that was found, but who put it there.

Lets look at that for a moment. Supposing it is true that the finding of evidence based on a tip that day is what stopped searches and LE statements, try this on for size:

Perhaps the tip that day was not "hey theres a phone laying in the road", but perhaps the tip was more like this: "hey i just saw ______________ (insert name) throwing something out of their car window while driving. i thought it was odd considering the missing persons case."

Perhaps law enforcement knows who put the phone there, or whatever it was that was found that day. Maybe there was a witness to it being discarded, who provided the tip.

If that were the case, who could be the person(s) dumping the evidence that would cause LE to stop searches and stop making statements?

Just my opinions based on a theory I'm working on that perhaps the game changer on that day was not the evidence that was found, but who put it there.

I think that is an excellent theory and it would explain a lot to me. It might just be that the Holly left. Maybe she didn't want to get married to Drew and started seeing someone else and Mom most likely objected. Maybe car wasn't in her name so she couldn't take it and left with someone else. It would also explain why Drew hasn't been to any of the vigils or asking for help in finding her. He knows and was probably deeply hurt and would probably be embarassed if the truth came out. That may be the part of the story we don't know when Karen and I think Whitney said not to blame Clint because the public didn't know the whole story. Might explain the Sheriffs saying all is not as it appears also. It probably explains more, but I've been following the Michey Shunick case so long I can't think straight right now. LOL.JMO

I think that is an excellent theory and it would explain a lot to me. It might just be that the Holly left. Maybe she didn't want to get married to Drew and started seeing someone else and Mom most likely objected. Maybe car wasn't in her name so she couldn't take it and left with someone else. It would also explain why Drew hasn't been to any of the vigils or asking for help in finding her. He knows and was probably deeply hurt and would probably be embarassed if the truth came out. That may be the part of the story we don't know when Karen and I think Whitney said not to blame Clint because the public didn't know the whole story. Might explain the Sheriffs saying all is not as it appears also. It probably explains more, but I've been following the Michey Shunick case so long I can't think straight right now. LOL.JMO

And it would expain the radio guy making a statement on his FB page claiming that Holly is alive, but then nothing further afterward. There is discussion about this in the Basement.

It could also have been the reason behind her Mother saying that the donations would go to a "trip" for Holly when she comes home.
Bribery for coming back.

And it would expain the radio guy making a statement on his FB page claiming that Holly is alive, but then nothing further afterward. There is discussion about this in the Basement.

Oooh, yeah thats good right there. Maybe family almost had it worked out and then it fell apart. :rocker: I don't know what the Basement is, but I'm gonna look for it.

It could also have been the reason behind her Mother saying that the donations would go to a "trip" for Holly when she comes home.
Bribery for coming back.

Oh wow that's good to. :woohoo: Now if we are on to something here, given the publicity of this case, how has Holly hid or disguised herself all this time. That would be incredible to me. Just assume a new identity? or does that bring us back to witness protection? I'm reluctant with that path, but I guess it does open it up again. Anybody agree? Thoughts on this?

It's as good a theory as any but I wish we had absolute confirmation from LE or her family that she did run off. I would hate for people to stop looking for Holly based on that theory alone.

Remember the FBI still has her listed as Kidnapped so we have to be careful with jumping to any kind of conclusion about voluntary disappearance.

My theory about the possible cellphone being found and searches stalled around that time is there may have been information discovered on the phone itself. I'm going to go with the theory that the alleged "flurry" of phone calls involved another person in the mix. One we may not have been privy to.

JMO

Why would there be blood and a scream if Holly was simply "eloping"
Wouldn't she want to get away as quickly and quietly as possible and have her absence not even be noted by her family until much later in the day?

I do not believe this at all, but that is JMO.

I do think it is possible her mother believed something like this, at least for a time, or wanted to believe it.

Why would there be blood and a scream if Holly was simply "eloping"
Wouldn't she want to get away as quickly and quietly as possible and have her absence not even be noted by her family until much later in the day?

I do not believe this at all, but that is JMO.

I do think it is possible her mother believed something like this, at least for a time, or wanted to believe it.

The only theory I have on that is to make it look like an abduction. That way it didn't appear that she ran away from family, Drew and her nursing career. With her car there when she should have been at school it wasn't gonna be long before her family knew she was missing. That is if she knew Clint was there at all, since he wasn't suppose to be there that morning. I think if you are gonna pull a hoax, home would be where to do it. Too many people at school to try it. I think it was reported she was up very early studying. I wonder if she was studying or readying herself to run away. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak