CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #8

Status
Not open for further replies.

CatFancier

Former Member
Reaction score
Missing Teen's Car Is Found Overturned In Castaic

http://hometownstation.com/santa-clarita-news/missing-teens-car-found-overturned-castaic-37484

https://www.facebook.com/FINDBRYCELASPISA?ref=stream

1240648_620106978033709_749536956_n.jpg

Verified Insiders: Dragracerz, Caron and klsyfoxy

Thread #1

Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6
Thread #7

Please continue here and remember the rules. You can find them right here: The Rules - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community AND don't overlook these!!!!

Victim Friendly

Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. Attacking or bashing a victim is not allowed. Discussing victim behavior, good or bad is fine, but do so in a civl and constructive way and ONLY IF IT IS RELEVANT TO THE CASE. Additionally, sleuthing family members that are not suspect is not allowed. Don't make random accusations or post personal information (even if it is public) like parking tickets, address, or first and last names of all their relatives and their neighbors. Also, never "bash" or attack them, or accuse them of involvement. However that does not mean that family members cannot come into discussion as the facts and issues of the case are discussed.

Social Networks

Regarding Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and other social networking or blog websites: Links may be used to direct posters to view something on a social networking page. But postings on social networking sites are not considered fact; they are rumor. Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed. Paraphrasing is okay. (Exception: If the Twitter or Facebook post belongs to a verified news station, it may be copied. But a link should still be provided.)

Also, social networking pages may only be linked if they are directly related to a case, i.e. the victim or suspect. We don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman, or postal carrier just because they know the main player. We also NEVER link to minor's pages (unless they are the victim). And be sure that the page actually belongs to the person being discussed. Do not link to someone if you are not 100% sure it is the correct person. And if a social networking is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!

MINORS: Websleuths.com™ does not allow the naming of, or photographs of, minors (children under the age of 18) on the Site unless the child is a missing or deceased person or where law enforcement has identified the minor as a perpetrator of a crime and the minor will be tried as an adult. If a missing child is found and it is learned that such minor was the victim of child exploitation, references to the child’s name and likeness will be removed, and further posting of such information will not be allowed.

Thanks,

Cat

Drat it. Amanda I'm sorry the family didn't get back to you . For the amount of time spent there it seems pretty obvious something was going on there .

As posted by Gitana1: We've got to figure out more ways to get the word out.

At this point I'm going to sit back and wait to see what the family does next. I personally have made several suggestions with little to no response from the family. The lack of involvement of Bryce's friends coupled with the radio silence Amanda received regarding the BW trip, in my opinion, speaks volumes.

I still find it extremely odd that the family hasn't hired a private investigator (that I am aware of). I think that would be one of the first things I would do under the same circumstances.

I may change my stance but at this point in time this is where I personally stand in the search for Bryce.

Please don't misunderstand my post. I VERY MUCH want peace for the family wherever Bryce may be.

At this point I'm going to sit back and wait to see what the family does next. I personally have made several suggestions with little to no response from the family. The lack of involvement of Bryce's friends coupled with the radio silence Amanda received regarding the BW trip, in my opinion, speaks volumes.

I still find it extremely odd that the family hasn't hired a private investigator (that I am aware of). I think that would be one of the first things I would do under the same circumstances.

I may change my stance but at this point in time this is where I personally stand in the search for Bryce.

Please don't misunderstand my post. I VERY MUCH want peace for the family wherever Bryce may be.

I couldn't say this better. A thanks didn't cut it!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Per the Find Bryce Laspisa FB page - KlaasKids is looking for volunteers for a more searching this weekend.

Wow, sad that we have again hit that level where we are spinning it back on the family. We really don't know what they are doing behind the scenes. We don't know if they have hired a PI, after all, the key word there is PRIVATE (or it should be anyways, publicizing a PI is often a bad idea). I honestly feel like they have been very honest about all of Bryce's extreme behavior, his drug encounters, both recent and past... Way more open than most parents are with us honestly. Sorry, but they are victims here too and it is hard for me to sit back and watch people go after the families of the missing, they don't need more pain than they are already feeling. MOO

I'm not sure what it speaks to at all. Do you think there is some secret knowledge that has led to a conspiracy of silence among everyone who knows Bryce?

None of us know what suggestions have been taken. We don't know if they have a PI. We don't know anything.

I'm going to assume they are overwhelmed but trying to do as much as possible, and keep thinking of ways to get the word out about Bryce and figure out how to spread the word and increase publicity in all missing kid or persons cases. Because what we figure out works or doesn't work here, applies to other cases as well.

My interest in helping find this kid doesn't hinge on the family or friends giving me details that likely won't help actually locating him.

Also, before I criticize their lack of specific feedback, I might try walking a mile.

Wow, sad that we have again hit that level where we are spinning it back on the family. We really don't know what they are doing behind the scenes. We don't know if they have hired a PI, after all, the key word there is PRIVATE (or it should be anyways, publicizing a PI is often a bad idea). I honestly feel like they have been very honest about all of Bryce's extreme behavior, his drug encounters, both recent and past... Way more open than most parents are with us honestly. Sorry, but they are victims here too and it is hard for me to sit back and watch people go after the families of the missing, they don't need more pain than they are already feeling. MOO

We posted at the same time, but your post is better. They actually have been very open about what was going on with Bryce.

To me, certain classes of people are very vulnerable, beyond the obvious. Those include deployed soldiers and their families, people who have a terminally ill loved one or people whose child is missing.

They should be treated very gently and with compassion.

We posted at the same time, but your post is better. They actually have been very open about what was going on with Bryce.

To me, certain classes of people are very vulnerable, beyond the obvious. Those include deployed soldiers and their families, people who have a terminally ill loved one or people whose child is missing.

They should be treated very gently and with compassion.

I totally understand what both of you are saying but still respectably disagree. All the info about his drug usage we found out through someone posting it on here after finding his arrest on Google. His family has never come forward with anything personal. The break up and vyvanse even weren't from them. They later confirmed all these things but aside from details about the actual accident nothing personal was ever disclosed. We don't even know why Bryce lived in North Cali instead of South near his parents for a Jr college when dorms are available at a much more local school.

His parents are of course victims here not us but still the feelings some of us have are justified. I think you can feel a certain way and still feel compassion for the family and what they're going thru. Just because I think they've hid stuff and not been forthcoming or seeming appreciative at my effort does not in any way lessen the emotional pain I feel for the family and what theyre going through.
No family should ever have to go through what the Laspisas are no matter how they choose to handle there private business. Them being evasive doesn't mean they are undeserving of true compassion and empathy from those of us who feel that way.

I pray for both the family and Bryce every night. I want nothing more than for them to have that very empty whole in the heart filled again with the love and warmth and completeness Bryce was able to give them.

I figured my post would not make me any friends and that's ok. I'm sorry if people don't understand my inner conflict. I'm not spinning it back on the family other than waiting to see what their next step is. I'm at a loss for what to do next and am waiting on them. And you're right. I don't know if they've hired a P.I. and I stated that in my post. I'm assuming they haven't if they're asking Amanda and others to go to BW because that surely would be the P.I.'s scope of expertise.

I have been privy to some information that unfortunately I can't share on here due to TOS. I truly wish I could as I think it would give a better understanding of my position at the present time.

I, like so many others, have spent my own time and money in the search for Bryce because I want peace for the family but if Bryce doesn't want to be found what right do I have in hunting him down? I can't say for sure if he's missing on his own but this is part of my inner conflict.

I'm sorry if my post rubbed people the wrong way but everyone is entitled to their own opinion and theory.

Thank you Amanda. I'm not always good and putting my feelings in to words. You did it beautifully! :loveyou:

I totally understand what both of you are saying but still respectably disagree. All the info about his drug usage we found out through someone posting it on here after finding his arrest on Google. His family has never come forward with anything personal. The break up and vyvanse even weren't from them. They later confirmed all these things but aside from details about the actual accident nothing personal was ever disclosed. We don't even know why Bryce lived in North Cali instead of South near his parents for a Jr college when dorms are available at a much more local school.

His parents are of course victims here not us but still the feelings some of us have are justified. I think you can feel a certain way and still feel compassion for the family and what they're going thru. Just because I think they've his stuff and not been forthcoming or seeming appreciative at my effort does not in any way lessen the emotional pain I feel for the family and what theyre going through.
No family should ever have to go through what the Laspisas are no matter how they choose to handle there private business. Them being evasive doesn't mean they are undeserving of true compassion and empathy from those of us who feel that way.

I pray for both the family and Bryce every night. I want nothing more than for them to have that very empty whole in the heart filled again with the love and warmth and completeness Bryce was able to give them.

Ok, let's ask this...
What information that we don't have would help to bring Bryce home? Is this information that the family has? If they do, then why haven't they been able to use it to find him?
I am truly not trying to pick on anyone, but looking at this from a SAR management standpoint, and I believe, that if they had the answers to the questions I need/want to know, that they would have found him by now. Make sense? The rest of the information, while true, does paint a picture of who he was/what he may have been going through/ while juicy, does not actually help me to find him. Make sense?

Per the Find Bryce Laspisa FB page - KlaasKids is looking for volunteers for a more searching this weekend.

I'm going to say things I've thought for awhile now. I mean no disrespect to family, but why the continued searches in Castaic? LE doesn't feel is necessary, what does the family believe?

Seems a number of missing were close to sainthood if one believes all they are told or silence because things are known, but not discussed. Yes, exaggerated, but you get my drift, I think. Both hinder finding loved one IMO, it's like doing a jigsaw puzzle with more than a few pieces missing. Seriously, if family wants assistance from general public, full disclosure unless foul play is involved with times those details can be helpful if LE chooses to release them. Other than that we find ourselves chasing our own tails.

We know where it started, but few details of why, what put the wheels in motion? We know he spent a lot of time in and around a hole in the wall town, then deviated from route, if Bryce is to be believed, then ended up in Castaic.

I find it very interesting that someone mentioned Pyramid Lake as it would fit with my original theory, submerge vehicle to buy more time.

More than anything I want Bryce found and found alive. Sadly, I feel I've hit an impasse. Again, no disrespect to family, they are in pain, I get it, but really feel they are looking in wrong place. Hope this makes sense, I am not good at expressing what I feel sometimes. Namaste

It makes perfect sense. I would think the family has the same information as me. I don't know if they are using the info to aid them in finding BL or not, that, I guess, remains to be seen. As you said I honestly don't know what is going on behind the scenes. I just find it very odd that his friends don't seem to be as involved or interested in him being missing. Do they know he went missing on his own?

I can't imagine what the family is through. The closest comparison I have is my son who is in the Navy and on his second deployment. While I know he's out there somewhere I never know exactly where he is or when or if I will hear from him. It's a very scary feeling. I know in my heart he is safe and sadly the Laspisa's aren't able to have that same level of comfort right now.

Ok, let's ask this...
What information that we don't have would help to bring Bryce home? Is this information that the family has? If they do, then why haven't they been able to use it to find him?
I am truly not trying to pick on anyone, but looking at this from a SAR management standpoint, and I believe, that if they had the answers to the questions I need/want to know, that they would have found him by now. Make sense? The rest of the information, while true, does paint a picture of who he was/what he may have been going through/ while juicy, does not actually help me to find him. Make sense?

If Bryce is staying with someone in a house or apartment someplace, not wanting to be found, it really wouldn't be a SAR issue, IMO. But since the family seems to be still trying to get up ground searches, I assume they do not believe this, although ground searches at two months implies looking for a body and they believe he is alive. So it is all confusing, at least to me. I guess what they are hoping is that foot searches result in meeting up with someone who knows where Bryce is.

Knowing the area around Castaic Lake, I can say from a SAR standpoint I don't think there is anyway that the area has been cleared with a high degree of certainty. The reason LE sees it differently, simple, they are not SAR and were not looking at it from that standpoint. Happens ALL the time.

If Bryce is staying with someone in a house or apartment someplace, not wanting to be found, it really wouldn't be a SAR issue, IMO. But since the family seems to be still trying to get up ground searches, I assume they do not believe this, although ground searches at two months implies looking for a body and they believe he is alive. So it is all confusing, at least to me. I guess what they are hoping is that foot searches result in meeting up with someone who knows where Bryce is.

I think they are hoping for the best, but also preparing and searching for the worst at the same time. When either scenario is an option you work both angles at the same time, at least that is what I would do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vigilandy