Chicken Nuggets and Ice Pops- KC's"Groceries"

Macushla

Our Royal Himalayan Gopher Hounds
Reaction score
If this has already been talked about, please forgive me. These items are just pure 'kid food' in my opinion. I have given them to my own granddaughter. Why Casey has these particular items in the plastic bags is driving me crazy!

Could someone enlighten me as to whether these items might also be found in singles Fridges or college fridges, etc.

I keep thinking Casey bought them so she could show a receipt and say "of course Caylee is fine, see I have even been buying stuff for her to eat" and then for some reason decided to go with the Nanny took her story instead. Maybe because she might have to say where Caylee was when she was having her lunch!

If this has already been talked about, please forgive me. These items are just pure 'kid food' in my opinion. I have given them to my own granddaughter. Why Casey has these particular items in the plastic bags is driving me crazy!

Could someone enlighten me as to whether these items might also be found in singles Fridges or college fridges, etc.

I keep thinking Casey bought them so she could show a receipt and say "of course Caylee is fine, see I have even been buying stuff for her to eat" and then for some reason decided to go with the Nanny took her story instead. Maybe because she might have to say where Caylee was when she was having her lunch!

Tony said it didn't look like she bought these items, instead she took them from her mother's house. I am sure this was food at cindy's house that was indeed meant for Caylee and Casey just stole this food like she steals everything else, because Tony said the chicken was eaten for dinner that night.

I don't think it's been clarified what kind of Tyson chicken it was. Tony stated that the food came from her parents. That the food was not in a grocery type bag.

In all honesty, I wouldn't put too much into that. I've been known to put chicken nuggets and ice pops in my shopping cart and I didn't even have a child at the time! I still do that and my son (8 months old) is too young to even eat that kind of food. Now, if they would have seen diapers or something specifically made for kids/babies, then I would wonder the same as you.

Hey, when I met my 40 yr old husband he was still eating pop-cicles and chicken nuggets, so I'm pretty sure it's normal food for college students!!

If she got these items from the family freezer, it might be that she knew her mom wouldn't get so mad if she thought the food was taken for Caylee. Stealing the family's dinner steaks might cause a bigger problem. IIRC, AL said the bags didn't look like they were from a particular store and the stuff appeared to come from KC's house.

I was thinking the same thing about the chicken and popsicles. The chicken, I guess, was not chicken nuggets because TL said that she used the chicken to make dinner that night. As for the popsicles, I don't know why she took those. Maybe these are only the items TL remembers. If she had a couple of bags, she probably had more food than just the chicken and pops. But, yes, this seems like something she would have given to a child. Like, if Caylee had been staying there, Casey wanted to have stuff for her to eat so the housemates wouldn't complain that they were eating all of their food. But the boys claim Caylee was never around, so I don't know.

And I don't understand why Casey's friends didn't every ask "why is your child never with you" or something. Everytime I go and visit my sister or a friend, that is the first thing out of their mouths - "where's your son?"

Having a son in college, I can tell you if you open his fridge you will find pizza rolls, chicken nuggets, and tv dinners.(of course the frozen bags of veggies that mom bought have ice built up around them stuff in back of freezer).

I was thinking the same thing about the chicken and popsicles. The chicken, I guess, was not chicken nuggets because TL said that she used the chicken to make dinner that night. As for the popsicles, I don't know why she took those. Maybe these are only the items TL remembers. If she had a couple of bags, she probably had more food than just the chicken and pops. But, yes, this seems like something she would have given to a child. Like, if Caylee had been staying there, Casey wanted to have stuff for her to eat so the housemates wouldn't complain that they were eating all of their food. But the boys claim Caylee was never around, so I don't know.

And I don't understand why Casey's friends didn't every ask "why is your child never with you" or something. Everytime I go and visit my sister or a friend, that is the first thing out of their mouths - "where's your son?"

They did ask her plenty of times but her answers were always, "With the nanny..." so they eventually just stopped asking.

Also, plenty of college students and even older-than-college age like me (31 yrs old) still eat nuggets and frozen ice pops. I know I still do!! :crazy:

They did ask. She always threw out that Caylee was with Grandma or with the Nanny.

I think it is telling that Casey brought them to AL's apartment for herself, AL and his roommates.

I don't think she told AL or his friends they were hands-off and being saved for Caylee. Why leave them at grandma's house to go to waste when AL and his friends could be enjoying them?

I agree that Casey's bringing THOSE foods (probably bought by Cindy for Caylee) to AL's for AL, his friends and herself says something. Casey knew Caylee wouldn't ever eat them.

IMO

My question is: Were the popcicles still frozen or were they melted? Florida, ran out of gas, two guys pushed her car, and the popcicles weren't melted?

Also, is the location of where the car was left beside the dumpster on a route that would have been between the Anthony home and Tony's apartment? And if Tony picked her up there between 11:00 AM and noon, were George and Cindy both at work that morning? I thought George started a new job around the time Caylee was reported missing on July 15th. Did he still have his old job at this point? What were his hours?

From reading the transcripts, it does sound like Casey would go over to the Anthony home when she knew her parents were absent. She took friends there several times that the friends stated that neither George nor Cindy were home at the time. Including Tony the Boyfriend on the day she borrowed the shovel? (She digs up bamboo while her boyfriend waits in the car?)

The day that George described when he found the gas cans in her trunk - anyone think that Casey thought no one would be home that day?

My question is: Were the popcicles still frozen or were they melted? Florida, ran out of gas, two guys pushed her car, and the popcicles weren't melted?

*snipped with respect*

Good point!! I didn't even think of that. I would imagine he would have noticed if they were melted but who knows. That is something that would be interesting for the LE to follow up on in regards to getting the timeline down.

Hi everybody...my first post here!!

I thought it was weird that it was observed that the food looked like it wasn't in grocery bag and looked like they were from her parents house...very interesante!!!

I, too, wonder about the melting of the icees....

Hi everybody...my first post here!!

I thought it was weird that it was observed that the food looked like it wasn't in grocery bag and looked like they were from her parents house...very interesante!!!

I, too, wonder about the melting of the icees....

OT: Welcome to WS! :)

you can get those push up type pops in long plastic tube type things (otter pops) and they aren't frozen. Wally-world and Sams club yada have those big boxes they're apx 18in long, 12in wide and 9in deep. I never freeze all at once, I freeze only a portion of them.
http://mybrands.com/Product.aspx?pid=644

All this chicken nugget and ice pop talk is getting me hungry....

I think it is telling that Casey brought them to AL's apartment for herself, AL and his roommates.

I don't think she told AL or his friends they were hands-off and being saved for Caylee. Why leave them at grandma's house to go to waste when AL and his friends could be enjoying them?

I agree that Casey's bringing THOSE foods (probably bought by Cindy for Caylee) to AL's for AL, his friends and herself says something. Casey knew Caylee wouldn't ever eat them.

IMO
or she took the food to make it look like caylee was with her .. so her parents wouldnt get suspicious ? i dunno :(

you can get those push up type pops in long plastic tube type things (otter pops) and they aren't frozen. Wally-world and Sams club yada have those big boxes they're apx 18in long, 12in wide and 9in deep. I never freeze all at once, I freeze only a portion of them.
http://mybrands.com/Product.aspx?pid=644

That's what I was thinking, too. Otter Pops or Flavorice pops both come unfrozen, and then you stick them in the freezer to freeze them. It had to be that kind. In June, its hard to keep them frozen on a 15 minute ride home from the grocery store, nonetheless however long it took Casey to get picked up. I just thought of something. Do you think it is possible that she went home, and picked up Caylee's remains and the food at the same time?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back