NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.wcnc.com/news/local/Amber-Alert-issued-for-missing-Hickory-girl-104644679.html

Video at link.

House is roped off as a crime scene. They executed a search warrant this afternoon on the house.

Deputy says no obvious signs of foul play or a break-in. No signs of a struggle in her room. Her hearing aids were left behind.

poor little girl! Another child goes missing in the middle of the night! With no signs of a struggle I wonder if she even was seen at 2:30 the night before.

Praying for Zahra!

Once they determined Susan Powell and her boys were not dead in their beds, they backed out and got a search warrant before they searched the house any further. It's pretty standard operating procedure to search the place the child/missing person was last seen.

I fear that this is a murder disguised as a kidnapping. I hope I'm wrong. :(

Her parents said they searched for the girl for an hour before reporting her missing.

Police said that her prosthetic leg was not found in the home.
Hickory police Captain Thurman Whisnant said half of the detectives in the department are searching for her now, in addition to the regular patrol units.
"We're concerned for her safety. We feel this is a suspicious crime, and we are looking into it," said Whisnant.

http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/2010/oct/10/amber-alert-missing-hickory-girl-ar-447658/

So if they searched from 1pm-2pm before calling the cops..where was she or the parents from 2:30am to 1pm? That's an awfully big time gap to claim she was sleeping.

Respectfully snipped.

I wonder if Zahra normally slept with her prosthetic leg on? I admit I'm not that knowledgeable about prosthetics, but my guess would be that she did not sleep with it on. If she was snatched, why would a kidnapper grab it? Not adding up.

One of my cousins children has a prosthetic leg (she's 7) and she sleeps with hers on, normally. I think it depends what kind of prosthetic leg Zahra has..but I know it's not unusual for people/kids to sleep with theirs on just because it's easier or it may not easily come off.

ZAHRA BAKER, Age Now: 10, Missing: 10/09/2010. Missing From HICKORY, NC. ANYONE HAVING INFORMATION SHOULD CONTACT: Hickory Police Department (North Carolina) 1-828- 328-5551.

More...

http://www2.wspa.com/news/2010/oct/10/amber-alert-issued-missing-10-year-old-ar-943493/

By Mary Lu Saylor
Published: October 10, 2010

RALEIGH, N.C. -- An AMBER Alert has been issued in North Carolina for a missing 10 year old girl from Hickory.

Zahra Claire Baker is described a 10-year-old white female, approximately 5 feet tall, and weighs 55 pounds. She has brown hair and blue eyes. She was last seen wearing a camouflage Army t-shirt, black knee-length tights and left prosthetic leg.

If you have any information regarding this abduction, call the Hickory Police Department immediately at (828) 328-5551, or call 911 or *HP.

zahra-claire-baker

I can't find anything other that the step mom and father saw her sleeping at 2:30am. Any more info???

nothing here in our paper or news and we are the biggest town west of charlotte.. i wrote the paper online and told them they need to pass the amber alert...

There is a video included in this article that shows good coverage of her....

10:26 AM
Amber Alert issued for 10-year-old Hickory girl
By: News 14 Carolina Staff

HICKERY, N.C. — An Amber Alert remains in effect for a missing ten-year-old girl from Hickory.

Zahra Claire Baker is five feet tall and weighs 55 pounds. She has brown hair and blue eyes and a prosthetic left leg. She is also hearing impaired in both ears. Hickory police issued the Amber Alert Saturday afternoon after her father and step mother reported her missing.

The last time Zahra Baker's parents report seeing her was over 24-hours ago when she was asleep in her bed early Saturday morning. Now, agencies across North Carolina are looking for her and the Amber Alert is posted on highway signs across the state.

http://charlotte.news14.com/content...ber-alert-issued-for-10-year-old-hickory-girl

There really is no info out so far. How do you not know your child is missing until 2:00 pm in the afternoon when you claim to have seen her early am hours ? :waitasec:

How do you not miss your child for (1) Breakfast and (2) Lunch ? Did they leave her alone and go to work ? WTH !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆