2011.02.21: Elisa Baker indicted for 2nd degree murder!!

Here's what I'm thinking about Adam not being charged, and with EB's charge today. I'm wondering if there were to charge Adam if that would give EB's lawyer reasonable doubt for her trial. All he would have to say is look, someone else is facing charge as an accessory, but how do we know who really did this crime? I think NC does not want to give EB's lawyer any reasonable doubt to possibly get an acquittal or a reduced sentence, God forbid. I think they're going to wait until after EB's trial to charge AB with anything. He's got those check charges coming anyway, so I'm thinking he'll be in jail at EB's trial time, and that's good enough for LE and the DA. Sure, EB's going to be yelling in his direction, but without any charges and with LE saying there is no evidence to indicate AB was involved with her murder, EB won't have any ground to stand on, and certainly no reasonable doubt at her trial.

It's kind of like the Casey Anthony case. We've all been so angry that her parents and brother haven't been charged with obstruction of justice or accessories after the fact. But doing so would actually give Casey reasonable doubt in her trial, and that would be horrible. With the state treating her parents and brother like victims, it takes away any chance of Casey blaming the whole thing on them.

It's better to wait until after both trials to charge anyone else in either cases as accessories than to do it now and risk either of these defendants getting reduced sentences or God forbid, an acquittal. It's just more advantageous to justice to wait until after both trials to do so. We hate to wait, but it's what we're going to have to do see true justice for Caylee and for Zahra! I really don't believe AB will get away scot free from this.

Great post and THANK YOU!!!!

I don't think a thing is going to happen to this wretched woman.:sick:

There are so many female inmates in prison nowadays that have murdered children that it is no longer a minority.

I never hear about women who murdered children being killed in prison. Even women who are sickening pedophile/murderers.

IMO

I'm gonna do some research on this and get back to ya.

Discussions of how reliable the option of inmate vigilante violence might be as a means of revenge might be scaled back, IMO

Please try to stay on topic.

It's a shame that there won't be enough punishment meted out to EB for the attrocities she committed.

This is excellent news to hear! Justice for Zahra! :great: :woohoo:

Thank God for this indictment- it's about time!! I'll bet that witch is BOILING MAD- she thought if she took LE to the remains, she would get off with a slap on the wrist- HA! I hope she is found guilty and receives the longest sentence possible. And like many others here, I sure hope Adam Baker is not allowed to escape an indictment of his very own!

I know! I was :lol: at EB for thinking that. Oh, & don't worry, even if AB doesn't get charged with anything, his life would forever be a living he77 in the eyes of the community. ;)

If he truly is a victim, then my heart goes out to him.

just to go OT here, but what I find really sad from your research above is that 92% of women in jail have been battered or abused. I have read so much on this and how abused quite often go on to be abusers, in the case of women however I think it tends to manifest in self destructive behaviour, be it drugs, alcohol (or both) promiscious behaviour, mental health conditions which lead to violent behaviour ie murder.

I have said this over and over but if somehow the cycle of abuse can be stopped so much tragedy in this world would not happen.

Just to say tho I really dont think old elisa has been abused or battered (we of course dont know about sexually) but something has gone on with her, I personally think she is a sociopath and it has to be all about her

I wonder why she opted for Reilly rather than Dubs, the woman who scored her the deal of a century?

Maybe EB does not feel it was such a deal afterall? hmmm

I wonder why she opted for Reilly rather than Dubs, the woman who scored her the deal of a century?

very good point tlcox!!!

and you are right she probably does not realize how good of a deal she got

sigh

I wondered the same thing, TL. This is the deal Dubbs originally made for her, in exchange for her cooperation, right? Nothing changed, did it? Did she expect Dubbs to somehow get her a better deal?!

I think Dubbs got herself in a whole lot of hot water by "retrieving evidence" and not notifying LE first. She just "bagged and tagged" and brought it to LE and said "here - it was right where she told me it was". IMO Dubbs also got a few "other things" that were strong evidence without LE's knowledge.

Any good DA could have had any deal on the table thrown out with that kind of behavior.

I don't think EB chose but more like Dubbs walked away and didn't look back.

Charlotte Observer reports:

"According to Bogle, Ervin offered Baker a choice to be represented by one of her current attorneys Reilly or Lisa Dubs or a new attorney. Baker chose Reilly."

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2011/02/23/2085692/elisa-baker-gets-same-lawyer.html

I wonder why?

At least we know now the potential sentence could be 40 years. I can almost accept that (I still believe she deserves a needle), provided there is no eligibility for parole. Other than the citizens of Hickory, there will be no one to speak for Zahra at a future parole hearing, sadly.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knovah
Back