Sidebar Discussion #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is O/T but I was talking to a couple of people about books worth reading as opposed to the one I check a couple of times a day( - and he's bought back 4 books today- think that's a record!)

Anyhow, I got bored with him so I was looking through the months most recommended and saw one I read several months ago - which I though was very good but maybe creepy...no creepy isn't the right word.

So I believe this is the guy's first published book - it is "Defending Jacob" by William Landay. Worth getting out of the library for those folks who like a psychological mystery....

Weird - I think he's a lawyer in real life too...:waitasec:

It must be a good read...I went to my library's website and put in a request for it; I'm 58th in line and there are about a dozen copies in the county's library system. Just started Tana French's 2nd novel last night; she's so good!

I'm thinking that the ratings of the book are being affected by other new books coming out. Maybe they don't sell well for a couple of days. Baez gets a temporary boost. Then, they start selling like hotcakes and he's further down the list.

Must be a variety of things because I've seen his numbers rise a 1000 points yet his sales figures remain the same. We've just started a new month - I went to our largest bookstore - Chapters- last night to mosey around - not a baez in sight but did buy three newly released books, Tana French, John Verdun and Peter Robinson - very cool we get an extra discount for the day everytime a Canadians wins an Olympic medal... :rocker:

We all have our guilty pleasures - mine is books...

It must be a good read...I went to my library's website and put in a request for it; I'm 58th in line and there are about a dozen copies in the county's library system. Just started Tana French's 2nd novel last night; she's so good!

John Verdun is another good new one while you are waiting - just released his third book...and yes, just bought her fourth. I like that her books up here at least come out in paperback.

John Verdun is another good new one while you are waiting - just released his third book...and yes, just bought her fourth. I like that her books up here at least come out in paperback.

Outstanding! Thanks again. I just reserved Think of a Number; there's only one other reader ahead of me.

And yes, lg, books are my guilt-free "guilty pleasure," too! The TV's mostly for my husband. He's got that TV remote in a Vulcan death grip; it's a good thing he likes Storage Wars, too..lolz.

Outstanding! Thanks again. I just reserved Think of a Number; there's only one other reader ahead of me.

And yes, lg, books are my guilt-free "guilty pleasure," too! The TV's mostly for my husband. He's got that TV remote in a Vulcan death grip; it's a good thing he likes Storage Wars, too..lolz.

I'll have to check out storage wars - when I'm really bored I'm stuck with Toddlers and Tiaras...wowzers - those are "very unusual" mothers on that show- and bratty kids - yikes!

I'll have to check out storage wars - when I'm really bored I'm stuck with Toddlers and Tiaras...wowzers - those are "very unusual" mothers on that show- and bratty kids - yikes!

I always think of Jon Benet Ramsey when I see that show.

include me in that guilt. I have no idea why I watch but am drawn to it.

I went further with the pics on that photographer's site and page 2(or3)has other writer's signings and there are many photos of the audience and packed chairs. I wish Mr Baez's signing showed the same.

I went further with the pics on that photographer's site and page 2(or3)has other writer's signings and there are many photos of the audience and packed chairs. I wish Mr Baez's signing showed the same.

Probably weren't that many! :floorlaugh:

Must be a variety of things because I've seen his numbers rise a 1000 points yet his sales figures remain the same. We've just started a new month - I went to our largest bookstore - Chapters- last night to mosey around - not a baez in sight but did buy three newly released books, Tana French, John Verdun and Peter Robinson - very cool we get an extra discount for the day everytime a Canadians wins an Olympic medal... :rocker:

We all have our guilty pleasures - mine is books...

Have a look at 'The Reckoning' by Jane Casey (Irish writer) next time you're in there. I just finished it and it was a very good read...lots of twists in the plot.

So, were the audience members for JB book signing, photo shopped in? LMAO

Have a look at 'The Reckoning' by Jane Casey (Irish writer) next time you're in there. I just finished it and it was a very good read...lots of twists in the plot.

I will - thank you! It's three blocks away from where I live so I am in there a lot. If you came to my place to visit - despite how much I read you wouldn't see many books - I have friends and daughters who are constantly hauling them away from me. :woohoo:

I don't feel like working today so was just mooching around checking a few figures.

Jeff Ashton's Sales Rank Best was #6 -Jose Baez' Best was #58

Jeff Ashton has sold 7 books to date this month on Amazon worldwide
Jose Baez has sold 8 books to date this month....

And so it goes....:floorlaugh: ......

Oh hi Jose! .. :seeya: ...

Just saw the photos posted of Caylee and it struck me again how much Caylee looked like Cindy. Too bad she couldn't find it in her heart to stand up for that beautiful baby.

OKAY YNOT I AM DONE.

Piles+of+clean+laundry.JPG

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_opxaptTsa...M/HJ6bf-xxDKg/s400/Piles+of+clean+laundry.JPG

*slinks off to corner*

Hi redkatrampant, When I was about 8 or 10 years old and in chatechism (sp) the dear Sisters dressed 2 of us in habits and took us to a career day at a high school. I never could figure out why 8 year olds dressed as nuns would want to make someone enter the convent:hand:. Anyway, point is I still have the pics of me and the real nuns. Possibly a way to sneak into the convent and get your booze back :floorlaugh: Maybe Sister YNOT wouldn't notice that 2 of us aren't real nuns.

Hi all just wanted to let you know that I took a break after all the baiting about the paper weight. But I am back and will re-read again because there is so much more to add to the fact checking thread!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23