GUILTY CA - Emma Barker, 18 mos, suffocated, Lancaster, 18 March 2009 #2

Thank you so much for sharing the hearing info. SB is no different that any of the other Mothers that murder their children, or expose their children to elements and people that leads to that child's murder.

I don't care what the state chooses to charge her with, or what she is ultimately convicted of...she murdered Emma.

Why? In my mind I can see she is a self-absorbed woman. She did not value Emma for the gift that she was but rather as either just an extension of herself without a personality of her own and a way to garner attention or an inconvience to her life.

What blows my mind other than the fact that these Mom's don't see that each child as a unique individual from birth is that they can justify these murders so easily. Justifying it within their own minds as doing the child a "favor".

Such as: I didn't want my child to grow up with "...fill in the blank..." so I reached over calmly and put my hand over the child's mouth and nose and cut off the air while they died under my hand. [ Off Topic but I have always been of the opinion that KC is banal and mundane in the murder of her own child. I say the same about a few other Mother's I have read about too...]

The bottom line is it's "all about them". The only song they know how to sing is "me-me-me". I am deeply disgusted with SB and others. Just my humble opinion outlined above.

Rest in peace Emma. I'm sorry sweetie.

I agree- Although SB hasnt out-right said it, its obvious thru her actions-

I am still seething from the comment about her not wanting Emma to grow up with with a single parent and grandparentss- I bet her mother wanted to jump up and grab that rats nest of hers and wring her neck. After ALL of the Barker Family has done to help this lil twit,let alone Baby Emma, and thats the best defense she can come up with? She deserves to call Chowchilla home for the rest of her short life!!!!!! UGHHH!!!!!!!

BTW- IF you KNEW you baby ha a peanut ALLERGY, you would be UUBER-sensitive to it being in their diets- Still havent found one who would treat it with Dimetapp, but when your child has a life-threatening allergy, you would HAVE an EPI-pen, your insuranc would GIVE you one, and if your ins wouldnt cover it, you r doc will get you one from a rep, or get one ordered on MEDI-CAL- thats welfare in CA and they would pay and DO!!!!!!!!!!

What a tangeled web we weave, when first we practice to deceive...............................

When this was read in court her mother and father cried!!

Something I realized after reading it again. If Emma grew up and had a baby early and was 'stuck living at home with her parents'. Stacey is the parent she would be stuck living with.

Basically she was saying she wasn't going to be 'stuck' housing her own daughter and grandchild. She wasn't going to do for Emma what her parents have done for her!!!!

She is truly a selfish, worthless b!tch!! I so wish her parents would stop sitting thru these hearings and the trial. Emma will have her justice. Her parents were good loving parents and grandparents. Smother Monster doesn't deserve their support now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi all.. sorry to be absent on posting, (Vacay, family stuff, aging parents & work) but I read/heard the actual court proceedings from Toria.. Toria.. if you're here..Thank you for being our eyes and ears there at the court! Your report stunned me to say the least!

I was SICK to my soul, hearing the info from the coroner. I'm sure tomorrow will uncover more. One thing is guaranteed.

The AVPress won't print it in their paper..why NOT??? What gives this monster a free pass from being reported on in the local printed press?????? I am soooo steamed about this.....there is NO excuse for hiding out public information from the citizens like this!

Our poor little Emma didn't have a chance at all. The "peekaboo" game is one of the lamest thing I've ever heard of! How can you do that to a lovely babygirl... when thousands would've sacrificed anything to have their own baby to love and create a loving family with.

My heart goes out to the parents and sib/sibs...they must be in total agony.

Toria doesn't post here. But I will pass on your thanks. (Again) I've been relaying it in almost every post to her.

We meet on another sight and she has given me permission to share everything. She is awesome and was completely devastated by the last hearing. Four of us sat and posted back and forth for hours after the last hearing and off n on everyday since.

NEWS FLASH

We got a couple messages from S-M's (former?) bff Amber with as close to an apology as we are going to get from her.

She, as well as the whole family and friends are completely devastated by the last hearing.

I'll be back later today with whatever news we get from todays hearing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just in:

The AP is reporting (22 minutes ago) that a CA mother to stand trial in toddler's death. SB has been ordered to stand trial for murder!

It is reporting that the Lancaster Superior Judge today found sufficient evidence to support charges of murder!! assault on a child causing murder and abuse!!!

Pre-lim day 2 Part 1

Again thanks to our good friend Toria we have front row seats to the smother mother's second day in pre-trial. This morning before the hearing began Sweet Emma's daddy came over and talked to her!

"The Prelim was short, started at 9:30, SB again came in looking gaunt,messy also emotionless.

The first person on the stand was Detective Nava, as usual a great witness. she was so good she made me get choked up, that has been easy to do listening to this case.

The PD started out questioning Nava about how long SB was Interviewed, she estimated about 2 to 2 1/2 hours, he then said did she not stick to the same story the whole time that it was a accident and not her fault? Nava said the story changed a few times but yes she maintained that it was a accident. I would never hurt my daughter on purpose.

PD: Is it true that you thought she was lying?

Nava: Yes we knew she was lying.

PD: Did you throw out different scenario's of what might have happened?

Nava: yes, I asked her if she might have drowned, shaken the baby, if she might have hit her too hard or something like that.

PD: and what was her answer?

Nava: her answer was NO.

PD: did you keep asking her to tell you what happened, the truth, that you were not buying her story of the events?

Nava: Yes.

PD: and what did she say, did she stick to her original story?

Nava: no she kept changing it.

PD: didn't you tell her YOU wanted her to say she smothered EMMA?

Nava: NO, she said she didn't know what I wanted her to say and I told her I wanted the truth on how the baby died, because we already knew the truth. one story was she had the baggie in her mouth and when SB turned and looked Emma's head was to the side and she was dead, so she threw the blanket over her face and continued to drive. I wanted to know the truth, having kids of my own I would have pulled to the side of the road and called for help did something, so I knew this was a lie, I said the coroner would know if Emma died from a baggie, if it was stuffed in her throat far enough to cause death, that the baggie would have left scratches in her throat and the coroner would know if she died from the baggie, that is when she changed the story to Emma had the baggie in her mouth and she was playing the game of peek a boo throwing the blanket in her face over the seat and it got caught on the seat and she smothered, after more questioning on that she told the truth of holding her hand over Emma's mouth and nose with the blanket on her face during the peek a boo game.

Well as JB has been telling us all along, now we understand how it happened. Yeah I know he was talking about KC, but the shoe fits...

All that tossing and playing, while she drove the freeway in CA during PM rush hour. She is just amazing!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Pre lim day 2 part 2 reprinted with permission. From Toria

PD: Isn't it true you told her the only way you were going to let her go home is to say she suffocated Emma?

Nava: No we were not going to arrest her at that time anyway.

PD: Is that because you did not have enough evidence to hold her?

Nava: started to say no but the DDA objected and Nava did not finish the answer.

PD: did you tell SB that they found blanket fibers in Emma's lungs?

Nava: NO

PD: isn't that standard practice to force someone into a confession?

Nava: NO

PD: did you interview the whole family and they told you she was a good mother, that she ran for Emma every time she fell, that she rushed her to the Dr. when she had a reaction to peanuts?

Nava: Yes, everyone in her family said she was a good mother.

At this time the PD asked SB'S mom to step out of the room as he might want to call her as a witness to how SB treated Emma.

PD: did you review the cell phone calls?

**Nava: Yes, they pinged the path one would take to LB, the last ping was I believe Lawndale. so we know she never made it to LB she turned around and started back, that is when she put Emma out into the bushes, **[she]went to the park and ride hit herself in the ribs and banged her head on the steering wheel twice took off her clothes and made up the RAPE and Abduction story. she kept telling us she didn't want people to blame her and she was a good mother, it was a accident. she was in a panic that is why she left Emma.

**LB=Long Beach, CA is where Emma's daddy Anthony and his family lives.

**Because smother monster was found partially disrobed (and I believe something she reported to LE) there was initially fear that she had been a victim of a sexual assault. Once in the Emergency Room she refused a rape exam saying she knew she hadn't been raped because she "wasn't sore down there". In reality a rape exam would have caused her new bf BB big trouble after the two of them had spent most of the day in bed...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Pre Lim day 2 Part 3 reprinted with permission from Toria

**That never happened because Judge Chang said he did not want her to testify that it was only the Prelim.

All in all, everything stated above is what I remember, some wording or order it was said in might be off a bit, sorry. if anyone else from the boards was there and remember more then I did please add to it for me...thanks.

Not sure what the next date is for but it will be on 8/10/09.

There was another member of one of the boards there and put me on blast, she said my name so loud everyone in the Barker family looked at me, so they know who I am now, not that I care, I was not hiding or anything, it is a open hearing and public record. I just was embarrassed, the Barkers thinking OH that is the nosey so n so that has been doing all the typing...talking. LOL but it's all good.

I arrived at the court at 8am I asked my daughter what room another person I know was in that is on trial also. Anthony, Emma's father said Yes it is in this room, I said oh then XXXX is in here for sure this time? he said oh sorry I thought I saw you in here last week and were asking about SB, I told him I was in here and in the other trial on breaks but this one was more interesting, I said I felt bad for him and how tore up he was that last week. He told me he was Emma's father and that the guy with him was his brother Patrick, I told him how sorry I was for him and Emma and that he made me cry last week, he said I am trying to be strong but sometimes it is just toooo much for me that is why I kept walking out.

I told him she was so beautiful and had the prettiest smile, the pictures were so cute. he said he bought her the pink tu tu in the pictures and I think he said he had the picture taken, he started to cry and walked to the water fountain.** he also told me what **Jason said about her playing games and using Emma against him and forbidding him and his family from seeing her, that in fact he did feel guilty for not trying harder to see Emma, that he loved her with all his heart. His brother Patrick said that none of his brothers or sisters saw the baby until her 1st Birthday when they came down with Anthony, he said they have not seen her more then twice in her life.

Anthony shared a memory with me and we both almost started to cry and we hugged each other. I felt so bad for him, he does not seem like a bad guy. he looks like a clean cut guy, not tatted down, not dirty, did not look like a druggie, just a down to earth guy that had no problem with me being there or mad that I had nothing to do with this but was there being nosey and comfortable enough to talk to me about Emma. he said he stays away from the blogs because he could not take it, he was a mess and to go on the blogs would make it just that much harder for him. he also did not like SB'S lack of emotion that hurt him and made him mad

The Barkers do not seem to have a problem with him as Mr.Barker asked him and his brother to come sit with the family, so why did they allow SB to hold Emma away from him?

I just want to close with KUDO'S to Detective Nava she is Awesome. this must be hard on her also as from the time she took the stand her voice was cracking like she could break down and cry at any moment. she is amazing, she tore into the PD like a lion when he said she was feeding SB the story and making her tell a lie as to what happened. she must have scared him because he shut the h3ll up on that bs defense...LOL you go girl!

**the PD asked Mrs Barker, Emma's Gma to step out while discussing what kind of a mother s-m was but the Judge didn't want anyone to testify at the pre-lim.

** Jason is a blogger from another site who had claimed to know smother mother and Anthony. He had reported that Anthony was a stand up guy who paid his child support, saw Emma when he could and that Stacey had given him trouble from before Emma was born. She at one point even told everyone that Anthony wasn't Emma's father.

The PD asked for somethings, a dismissal of all charges, to allow smother monster to wear street clothes to the hearings and He asked the judge to remove the word MALICE that was being used to describe sb/her actions. He also asked the bail to be reduced, but first asked that sb be released to her parents as this was her first offense. The judge gave her a great big no to everything!

Judge Carlos A.Chung.

Here are 2 (more) things he DENIED THE DEFENSE:

1. The defense motion to exclude media coverage is denied over the defendant's objections.

2. The defense motion to allow defendant change into civilian clothes is denied over defendants objections.

The coroner was in the stand first, his name is Dr.James Ribe

Second on the stand was the Deputy that arrived at the scene first, his name is John Alvares

Third was Elliot Uribe I think he the first Detective that SB talked to I am not quite sure.

Next were Detective William Marsh and Detective Sandra Nava.

The DDA was indeed S. Kelly Cromer.

The Deputy Public Defender is Roberto F. Dager. and he should really learn to say "suffocate" the right way.

ETA It has been an ongoing joke between the 5 of us that the PD says "suffercate" instead of suffocate. IMO it's kinda fitting since we all know smother monster made her baby suffer.

I think you can buy and view them online for like 5 bucks here https://www.lasuperiorcourt.org/onlineservices/criminalIndex/index.asp the case munber is MA045492 I am not sure.

If you are able to get it online let me know ok.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As most of you who have been posting here know since early on someone posting as AB claiming to be s m bff has been posting anywhere she finds comments about this tragedy. Usually just being nasty and hateful. A few days ago she came back and after she found none of us to be the jerks she had been making us out to be she started posting.

Since the mean things had been brought over, I thought I would go a head and give 'New AB' equal time.

The day that sb found out she was prego she was nervous scared and unprepared like any young mom, the day she saw the ultrasound that ALL changed!Emma then became her world her families world!!!the day emma was born I saw a side of stacey that amazed me, a loving ,caring,UNSELFISH,girl who put that baby before anyone and anything...even tho u don't see it and prolly will never see it, emma was staceys life emma went before her needs her wants everything!!
I guess since s m devoted 17 whole months to her beautiful daughter and treated her like she was the precious angel we all believe her to be, we should just petition the courts to drop all charges. Mom of the Year, anyone? I almost think reading this makes me even more angry at her, if that makes any sense in this senseless crime.

Sure stacey went out what young mother doesn't but the difference with stacey is that when she went out it wasn't until emma slept through the night and it was until emma was fed (by the way it was freshed veggies that stacey cooked smashed and prepared before every meal) bathed and read to or sang to!! She made sure of that because there were times that emma may have woken back up and without second guessing it stacey was right back home and stayed in.

Emma had her pics taken more than any child I have seen before, on a monthly or bimontly basis, not by the granparents by the mother, stacey worked the 5am to 2pm shifts so she could spend as much time with emma as she could,she was home everyday or at my house or my parents with her, when she was home no one else took care of emma only mama! They went to the park all pf the time cause emma loved the swimgs played in the backyard and went camping.

Too bad she didn't take her to the park the last time s m said she was going to. Maybe, just maybe, sweet Emma would not have ended up being dumped along side the freeway.

in regards to what happened that night idk, I don't think anyone will truely know what happened!!! But sb wasn't the horrible person that has been placed out there.. She may have been selfish before the baby, who isn't she has every right to be, there wasn't anyone she had to put before her, after emma that all changed!! The drugs that were supposidly done, all before emma, not one thing was taken since the day she found out she was prego.. Sb was a great mom in the short time that she was...

I think AB needs to raise the bar on motherhood. According to her everyone I know is/was a great mother. We fed, cleaned and bathed our kids. We took them to the park and we put them to bed. We all took lots of pictures.

AB how about taking Emma to her first day at Kindergarten? Helping with homework? Seeing her through her first broken heart, Brownies and Girl Scouts? Maybe s m would have been a GS leader (not!)... Sunday school? does require getting up after a big night of partying.

How about if she just let Emma celebrate her 2nd BDay? That is coming up soon. (9/2) I'll bet Emma's daddy and Gparents are going to have a rough time that day.

I know u all are thinking here she goes defending her bestie again... Its hard for me not to when I saw the autopsy report and non and I mean NONE of those things said in court that day were listed on there.. And to know how sb was and to see her with emma day in and day out!! Its hard to believe that ur best friend could harm ur goddaughter... That's why I wanted to let u all know that hey if sb did do it I am going to be just as hurt (prolly a lot more)as u guys are but I want to let u know emma lived a very short but VERY HAPPY life with a mama that gave her everything!!

No, I'm sure the ME was just trying to hide all the things he said in court. Maybe he even has cases mixed up and Emma isn't really dead at all. She's off at the beach with friends, maybe going to Disney and Universal with her nanny. Oh, that's right Emma didn't have a nanny. Her s m had to spend every spare minute with her.

I don't expect for any of those things I told u to change ur outlook on sb cause I know they won't. I just don't want eveyone to think she was a horrible person since the only views u have of her are from people that saw her one or twice or people that didn't like her to begin with!! We had our moments as do all teenage girls!! But never a restraining order LOL!!

And to clear another thing up cause u all prolly wonder... I've never done a drug in my life!!! Was I around when sb did them no, I wasn't she hid that from me until the day she told me she was prego cause she knew I'd get mad!!

Hmmm only people who don't like her are posting, imagine that. Murder your 18 month old defenseless baby and every friend (except one) suddenly turns on you. I just don't understand....

Thank u all for lsitening or atleast reading. I just want to make sure u all knew emma was taken care of everyday by her mom and that emmas life was a hppy one

Just imagine how much happier Emma would be if on the last day of her life her smother monster hadn't covered her face with a blanket, tried to stick a baggie down her throat and clapped her hand over that sweet face until she no longer struggled, no longer cried, no longer tried to peel her monster's hands off her little mouth and nose!! No we are the ones who have been right all along. s m is a monster.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Toria's update following the ist hearing. Copied with permission.

I listened to what the Coroner was saying when he was on the stand and under oath, I did not add anything to his testamony. The baggie not lodged deep in her throat as to suffocate her (no scratches found in her throat), the medication a double dose, the blood in the nose, the patchiea (sp?) in the eyes, the hairs (he did not say how many) on the vaginal area.

The Detective said SB was playing a game of Emma Peek-a-Boo with the blanket over her head and the baggie still in her mouth when she did it, I looked at SB when Det Nava said that and there was no shaking of the head or a quick look or word to her Attorney as to say "oh that is a lie, I didn't do that", he did not make any objection when it was said either. what I saw on her face was a look of embarrasment and shame, that everyone had to hear that it was not a accident, not hurt but ashamed.

We clearly do not know SB and nothing I said was to make our group dislike her anymore then we already do. I did state the facts that the people under oath said happened. The Detectives taped the interview with SB and that is where they got their facts on the stand from, from SB'S mouth. now, do I think they put words in her mouth, led her into a story or twisted her words, I can not say because the Judge did not want to hear the tape, if he would have let us hear it I might have had formed a opinion on that. the tape must be bad because the DDA asked more then once for the judge to hear it, she wanted him to hear SB attitude during the Interview.

When things like this happen you have to expect that all the people who ever hated her, everyone that reads the story, saw Emma's beautiful Pictures are going to talk crap and paint her as a ***** with no heart and soul and no one will have anything nice to say. I mean really how could they? you can because you have a close relationship with her and have fond memories of your time with her and Emma. as I said before If she had shown some type of emotion at all for what she did, I would be able to have some empathy for her maybe.

There has to be a reason that SB (or any other mother) would kill a child that was their life, SB had family and friend support, she had a job, a nice home (even if was her parents) a nice car, built in childcare, she was allowed a party life, what more could she have asked for? I do know that some destitute, homeless mothers with mental Illness take a childs life because they have nothing to offer that child and feel they would be better off dead. I don't see that in SB.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I apologize if any of these were posted already. :winko:

Calif. mother to stand trial in toddler's death
Published: 07/27/09 6:52 pm
<snipped>
A Southern California mother has been ordered to stand trial for murder in the death of her 18-month-old daughter, whom she first claimed was violently kidnapped.

A Lancaster Superior Court judge found sufficient evidence Monday to order 24-year-old Stacey Barker of Quartz Hill to be tried on murder, assault on a child causing death and child abuse charges.

Article:
http://www.thenewstribune.com/tacoma/24hour/nation/story/825532.html
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Mom to stand trial for toddler's death
Stacey Barker, 24, also faces assault, child abuse charges
Tuesday, July 28, 2009.
<snipped>
A Lancaster mother suspected of smothering her toddler daughter in March told homicide detectives she lied about the circumstances of her child's death because she feared people would say she was a bad mother.
Stacey Marie Barker, 24, was in an Antelope Valley courtroom Monday, appearing for the second time in seven days.

The preliminary hearing for Barker, which took place over two days and totaled around four hours, was completed Monday with Judge Carlos Chung finding sufficient evidence for Barker to stand trial for the murder of her 18-month-old daughter, Emma Leigh Barker.

Barker faces one count each of murder, assault on a child causing death and child abuse, stemming from the March 18 death of her daughter. Her preliminary hearing began the afternoon of July 21 and carried through to the end of the court day.

Detective Sandra Nava of the Los Angeles County Sheriff's homicide investigation unit, one of two detectives who interviewed Barker in the days following the toddler's March 18 death, continued her testimony Monday. Nava said Barker maintained the death was accidental throughout the interview, which lasted more than two hours.

"We informed her that an autopsy would be done to determine the cause of death, and that's when she changed (her story)," Nava said in court.

Barker attended Emma's funeral March 24 at Joshua Memorial Park and Mortuary. She was booked in Lancaster on April 23 and remains held in lieu of $1 million bail. Barker will appear in court again Aug. 10, but no date has been set for the trial to begin.

Neither Dager nor Deputy District Attorney Kelly Cromer would comment on the case. Members of Barker's family also declined to speak with reporters outside the courtroom Monday.

The maximum penalty Barker faces is 25 years to life in prison.

Article:
http://www.avpress.com/n/28/0728_s2.hts?FORM=ZZNR4

:angel:

Thanks Angel, this is the 1st press we've seen in 3 months! We've been completely dependent on locals going to the courts and writing it up them selves!! :blowkiss:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Our reporter on the scene Tori wasn't available to go to the hearing yesterday. But we did have a back up who did a spectacular job. Not only catching the legal developments but also was able to listen in on what was going on behind the scenes.

SB's parents and brothers, and Emma's daddy Anthony were not at this hearing, but her grandparents and last boyfriend, BB were present.

BB told her grandparents that he was able to see her and she isn't doing well. She isn't eating, has lost more weight and is on suicide watch at the jail. A month ago she was alert and spoke with her attorney at times. This time she shuffled in not making eye contact with anyone, walking hunched over.

In the hallway outside the courtroom, SB's grandparents asked her PD how things looked to him. He replied things didn't look good, but he believes SB is beginning to trust him. I can't imagine the pain this family is in, they didn't deserve to have their whole lives torn apart.

There was a 'new' judge for this hearing, he said he didn't know when the presiding judge would be back but he heard the pd's request for a delay and set a new date in Sept.

Thanks for the udate mmb. I wonder why they switched judes? Hmmm..

Thanks for the udate mmb. I wonder why they switched judes? Hmmm..

A guess, the last judge declared SB be detained and the case should go to trial. Like the GJ in the Anthony case.

But we have been discussing your question and as soon as our regular legal eagle returns we'll hit her up. We also have an older gentleman who shares his knowledge with us occasionally. We'll be hitting him up too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Why was this little girl given Dimetapp for an allergy? That is not making sense to me at all.
While they do have an allergy medicine, it is combined with a cold medicine as well. Not something to give just for an allergy alone, well in my opinion at least.

It is claimed this little girl had a peanut allergy, those can be very deadly to say the least of that allergy. Why wouldn't the Doctor suggest Benedryl, or some other medicine targeted more towards allergies, then a cold medicine one. Did the little girl have an epi pen in case of a sudden attack?

Sorry to be so caught up on the medicine she was given, but as stated several times above, I just don't get Dimetapp for an allergy. Which makes me wonder if the little girl had the allergy to begin with.

E*E

I was wondering the same thing! Dimetapp is for congestion, colds and coughs, I always thought that was odd of any Dr. to prescribe that for allergies to peanuts. If I'm wrong, color me uninformed. :waitasec:

I was wondering the same thing! Dimetapp is for congestion, colds and coughs, I always thought that was odd of any Dr. to prescribe that for allergies to peanuts. If I'm wrong, color me uninformed. :waitasec:

Dimetapp does have an allergy medicine, however as I stated in my other post it is combined with a cold medicine. So I am still not seeing why it would be suggested for an allergy, and a peanut allergy at that.

http://www.dimetapp.com/allergy/rsn_caelixir.asp

In my own experience with my child, his doctor told me to give him Benedryl for his allergy, albeit not deadly just really bothersome for him. He also gets a dose before he leaves for somewhere, where we know his allergy would arise, such as going over to someone's house who has pets.

E*E

http://www.webmd.com/drugs/drug-144...&drugname=Dimetapp+Cold-Allergy+Oral&source=0

I wonder if it's standard for the Emma's Ped to prescribe this as an OTC for allergies? No way to answer that I know...

Also, I have a child with an allergy to Peanuts. He just gets really bad stomach aches. Allergies can run a spectrum of reactions. From runny noses, rash....all the way to an anaphylaxis reaction.

I think the most important fact about this med being found in Emma was that it was found at levels double the prescribed dosage.

Although it probably didn't seriously harm Emma, why?

I had to ask myself why the double dose? Then I clicked on the tab entitled side effects from the link above and viola I found what I think is the answer:

Drowsiness, dizziness, dry mouth/nose/throat/eyes, blurred vision, fast heartbeat, trouble sleeping, restlessness, irritability, headache, upset stomach, shaking, or constipation may occur. If any of these effects persist or worsen, tell your doctor or pharmacist promptly.

She wanted to Emma to sleep. :no:

http://www.webmd.com/drugs/drug-144...&drugname=Dimetapp+Cold-Allergy+Oral&source=0

I wonder if it's standard for the Emma's Ped to prescribe this as an OTC for allergies? No way to answer that I know...

Also, I have a child with an allergy to Peanuts. He just gets really bad stomach aches. Allergies can run a spectrum of reactions. From runny noses, rash....all the way to an anaphylaxis reaction.

I think the most important fact about this med being found in Emma was that it was found at levels double the prescribed dosage.

Although it probably didn't seriously harm Emma, why?

I had to ask myself why the double dose? Then I clicked on the tab entitled side effects from the link above and viola I found what I think is the answer:

She wanted to Emma to sleep. :no:

It could be when they say prescribe, what they really mean is the doctor suggested she use it, not in an actual prescription needing filled at the pharmacy. I've known people to say they were prescribe OTC medications when merely what happened was the doctor wrote down on a pad what to take, and possibly how much.

E*E

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cynde64