Why did the WM3 do it?

Any explanation for their actions wouldn't be very rational because Damien was not rational. He was nuts.

Of course, this is your opinion. My opinion is that he was a depressed teen, possibly more depressed than many, who needed an outlet for his creativity. He was not a murderer, even if he were nuts, which he isn't and wasn't.

I think that it is entirely within forum rules to start a thread about something and expect it to be kept on topic. The topic of this one is Why did the WM3 do it?

I believe these murders were entirely opportunistic and committed by 3 cowards with "issues" The 3 were hanging out in the woods, listening to Echols' bull**** about magic(k) blood drinking, and demons and then 3 defenseless, eight year old boys came along. The teens were drinking and jumped up on all the crap Echols had been spouting and what better victims than 3 little boys who couldn't fight back? One victim for each of them. Echols, Baldwin, and Misskelley attacked them, got carried away and murdered them because they wanted to experience what it felt like to kill someone.

Why they stripped the children naked and tied their hands to their feet with their shoestrings, no one knows but the murderers. But when Echols spoke to law enforcement, he helpfully filled them in on things of ritualistic nature, giving his opinion as to why someone would commit a murder like this one and what to look for in a suspect. In my opinion, he was bragging about the crime because he thought LE was too dumb to catch on to what he was saying.

I think that it is entirely within forum rules to start a thread about something and expect it to be kept on topic. The topic of this one is Why did the WM3 do it?

I believe these murders were entirely opportunistic and committed by 3 cowards with "issues" The 3 were hanging out in the woods, listening to Echols' bull**** about magic(k) blood drinking, and demons and then 3 defenseless, eight year old boys came along. The teens were drinking and jumped up on all the crap Echols had been spouting and what better victims than 3 little boys who couldn't fight back? One victim for each of them. Echols, Baldwin, and Misskelley attacked them, got carried away and murdered them because they wanted to experience what it felt like to kill someone.

Why they stripped the children naked and tied their hands to their feet with their shoestrings, no one knows but the murderers. But when Echols spoke to law enforcement, he helpfully filled them in on things of ritualistic nature, giving his opinion as to why someone would commit a murder like this one and what to look for in a suspect. In my opinion, he was bragging about the crime because he thought LE was too dumb to catch on to what he was saying.

Ah! We're both up in the wee hours of the morning and I was just about to give my two cents....and then your comment popped up and you nailed it. No need to comment further except to say thank you for sparing me the time to type what you just did :), and a big-hearted hello to AngelontheRiver -- you have balls as big as Brooklyn for starting this topic here! :)

Can't sleep sometimes. And, yes, AngelontheRiver is a brave one. I often get my feelings very, very, extremely hurt.

Good night, late night friend!

Peace.

I think some of you guys are being a little unfair on my post. I'd like to point out that the medical examiner recorded severe injuries to Stevie's face and described Christopher and Michael's faces as peaceful, "like two babies who had cried themselves to sleep." Therefore my theory that someobody lost their temper with Stevie first, and attacked the other two afterwards, is a perfectly sensible one to raise in any thread about motive. Sure, we'll all differ about the identity of who lost their temper, but the motive itself is a perfectly sensible suggestion.

Ah! We're both up in the wee hours of the morning and I was just about to give my two cents....and then your comment popped up and you nailed it. No need to comment further except to say thank you for sparing me the time to type what you just did :), and a big-hearted hello to AngelontheRiver -- you have balls as big as Brooklyn for starting this topic here! :)

Thanks! First hello I've gotten. Luckily for me, I don't care as much about my feelings as I do the truth. <modsnip>

Any explanation for their actions wouldn't be very rational because Damien was not rational. He was nuts.

He still has mental problems. That is something that never goes away. He was institutionalized several times before he murdered the children.

It is documented that he was homicidal and dangerous to others.

I'm sure that his wife, Lorri has her handsful. She probably feels as though she is like his mother instead of his wife.

He still has mental problems. That is something that never goes away. He was institutionalized several times before he murdered the children.

Then why are there no reports of "mental problems" during the 18 plus years he was unjustly incarcerated?

It is documented that he was homicidal and dangerous to others.

It is documented that he said those things and that mental health professionals, following his lead, rubber stamped his statements. Again, while unjustly incarcerated, where is the evidence that he was homicidal or even violent? Over 18 years is a long time for such a mental case not to exhibit any symptoms of his "mental problems." His medications were taken away in county lock up and, by his own account, he had some problems at that time because he was removed from anti depressants cold turkey. After that period, though, he has not been taking any medication for his supposed mental problems, but yet has had no "episodes" to indicate the existence of such problems. That leads me to believe that his "mental problems" were nothing more than teen depression and angst.

I'm sure that his wife, Lorri has her handsful. She probably feels as though she is like his mother instead of his wife.

Lori has had her hands full for quite some time now. She has tirelessly worked to get her husband and his co defendants free. I am sure that she will continue to work until they are exonerated. I disagree with your opinion. I think Lori is working as and feeling like the good wife that she is.

It is likely they did delve into the occult. Damien obviously had an interest. But I don't think that it was the primary motivation.

I have realized that if his plan was to sacrifice three innocents and eighteen years for wealth and power- it worked. Gag.

None of us can guess what motivated this crime. That's why prosecutors are never required to prove a motive. Since there is no physical evidence to follow, they had to believe the motive was satanism as that's what they were being told and there was proof at least from Damien. We all know others can be coerced into a crime.

Satanists usually kill babies as sacrifices and they mark the body with symbols so we let that motive go.

Seems thrill kill might be the only motive left. I don't think it was planned, it was spur of the moment but I beleive it's something Damien fantasized about.

Wow! This is a really great thread, because I too would love to hear a sane, rational reason as to WHY these boys would commit such a heinous crime? A prove-able conclusion that makes ANY sense backed up by more than Damien's mental health record and the fact that 2 young men were such SHEEP that they would follow his command?
After that, please put these 3 young men at the crime scene for me, please.. Thanks!

There is no sane, rational motive for murder so you won't ever get your answer.

Thanks! First hello I've gotten. Luckily for me, I don't care as much about my feelings as I do the truth.<mosdsnip>.

I'm sorry if you weren't welcomed properly, Angel. This case seems to raise everyone's temperature.

Welcome to WS! I hope you'll feel free to speak your mind, whether or not you and I agree.

...Satanists usually kill babies as sacrifices and they mark the body with symbols so we let that motive go....

Do you have a link for that? It's my understanding that the FBI has never been able to find evidence of ritual "Satanic" killings.

Wow! This is a really great thread, because I too would love to hear a sane, rational reason as to WHY these boys would commit such a heinous crime? A prove-able conclusion that makes ANY sense backed up by more than Damien's mental health record and the fact that 2 young men were such SHEEP that they would follow his command?
After that, please put these 3 young men at the crime scene for me, please.. Thanks!
BBM
Damien's frightening mental health assessment is more than enough. He is schizophrenic AND bipolar (both incurable mental health disorders). In addition at the time of the murders, Damien Echols was incompetently prescribed a medication (which his mom had just filled) that is contraindicated for those who are bipolar because it is well known to make bipolars extremely MANIC.

Damien has bizarre finger positioning and pill-rolling finger movements on the latest videos since his release. That is tardive dyskinesia. He is taking antipsychotic medications. (Spasibo tebe, Gospodi.)
http://callahan.8k.com/wm3/gwoods.html

Pensfan
verified psychiatric mental health nurse

WELCOME TO WEBSLEUTHS, ANGEL!!!!

None of us can guess what motivated this crime. That's why prosecutors are never required to prove a motive. Since there is no physical evidence to follow, they had to believe the motive was satanism as that's what they were being told and there was proof at least from Damien. We all know others can be coerced into a crime.

Satanists usually kill babies as sacrifices and they mark the body with symbols so we let that motive go.

Seems thrill kill might be the only motive left. I don't think it was planned, it was spur of the moment but I beleive it's something Damien fantasized about.
Yet, Damien is not a Satanist. He is a Wiccan. John Mark Byers was a jewel cutter who had a knife with his own son's blood on it. Did they ever find a knife like that in Damien's possession?

There's more evidence that points to other people than there will ever be against the WM3.

No, they found that knife in the water behind Jason Baldwins mobile home.

There is quite a bit of evidence including their own confessions and Echols mental health history that convicted the three who later plead guilty.

BBM
Damien's frightening mental health assessment is more than enough. He is schizophrenic AND bipolar (both incurable mental health disorders). In addition at the time of the murders, Damien Echols was incompetently prescribed a medication (which his mom had just filled) that is contraindicated for those who are bipolar because it is well known to make bipolars extremely MANIC.

Damien has bizarre finger positioning and pill-rolling finger movements on the latest videos since his release. That is tardive dyskinesia. He is taking antipsychotic medications. (Spasibo tebe, Gospodi.)
http://callahan.8k.com/wm3/gwoods.html

Pensfan
verified psychiatric mental health nurse

WELCOME TO WEBSLEUTHS, ANGEL!!!!

Thank you! Good catch. I haven't seen the signs from the antipsychotics because I avoid looking at him.

<modsnip>
Honestly & respectfully, welcome to all New Webseluthers! This is a great place where we all have opinions, tons of experience & great insight, but we must play by the rules (carry them with me in my siggie). I love when we all have access to the same information but still don't see the same logic -- makes us human. Bullies are not allowed :nono:

:welcome:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back