OCSO Claims No New Charges On The Horizon

I can't help but laugh at how cocky Baez appears. He has only one card up his sleeve and he keeps alluding to that in his idiotic interviews. Waiting to present this in court during opening his statement.. That's all he's got to create doubt? An opening statement? Look at all LE has during this investigation. Look at what we don't know they have.

This entire case has been a tag game between LE and Baez so far. LE plays their part well and Baez runs around trying to distract the public from the facts they have by accusing and discrediting them. LE has had the lead since the beginning. Today is no different.

With the latest claim from LE, Baez will feel more cocky than ever and it will be obvious. Casey and family may also think about talking more now and slip up.
yeah tigger! The dude cannot even file his paperwork in the right way or place! LOL... All in good time ws peeps. The evidence is good... it is just not done baking yet. Raise your hands if you eat raw cake. Test tubes are still being shaken and pipetted. Slides are being prepared and reprepared. The cake is still baking. No worries....

Well, this is not good news! So... I guess this DNA evidence they claimed they had was not enough to say conclusively that it was Caylee in the trunk. Why would they need to keep retesting it? Doesn't make sense.
That isn't how I interpreted it. While they may have conclusive evidence that Caylee's deceased body was in the truck of the car what evidence do they have that Casey killed her? If the body is indeed the missing piece of evidence then I'd still have questions about how they would prove Casey killed her or covered up her death. It is unlikely that a body would prove who killed her, or at this late date even how she died.

I have a lot of faith in LE in this case. However, it isn't unusual for murder cases to go "unsolved." The FBI stats show that only about 60% of murder and nonnegligent manslaugter cases are "cleared" on average in the US. That leaves a lot of people getting away with murder. http://www.fbi.gov/ucr/cius2007/offenses/clearances/index.html#figure

I just can't understand why they haven't been actively searching for a body. LE has the staff for it. The longer they wait, the worse the condition of the evidence.
just like TES said...unless they have better indication of where to search it wastes a lot of time and resources.

And we must also think about the timeline. She didn't WAIT a month...her mother CAUGHT her after a month. And it was hot and summertime...and then a bunch of rain... I don't want to say icky things but for her car to have that smell in early July Caylee had to have been dead at least 36 hours at that point (and at the point when traces were also left in the backyard)... and it is now almost October. They have lots of forensics but little chance of finding a body without the mother's help... so their focus is on building the case without a body at this point or until something else changes. imhoo of course....

I am fairly certain that LE immediately took possession of the car. And you are right about Casey's pants, I always had the impression that Cindy washed the pants before she called LE. Why would LE give her permission to wash something that could potentially be evidence?

I agree, I think the Tide and the Clorox was in one hand and the cell phone in the other.

Actually, now if I remember correctly... she washed them as soon as they brought the car home BEFORE she found Casey or knew Caylee was "missing". They cleaned out the car that's how they found Amy's name and number. Knowing what the car smelled like, It is still my opinion that she did it deliberately to destroy evidence against Casey.

That isn't how I interpreted it. While they may have conclusive evidence that Caylee's deceased body was in the truck of the car what evidence do they have that Casey killed her? If the body is indeed the missing piece of evidence then I'd still have questions about how they would prove Casey killed her or covered up her death. It is unlikely that a body would prove who killed her, or at this late date even how she died.

I have a lot of faith in LE in this case. However, it isn't unusual for murder cases to go "unsolved." The FBI stats show that only about 60% of murder and nonnegligent manslaugter cases are "cleared" on average in the US. That leaves a lot of people getting away with murder. http://www.fbi.gov/ucr/cius2007/offenses/clearances/index.html#figure

What I don't get is....how was Casey smart enough to find a place to put that body that all of LE and TES can't find??? The place has GOT to be somewhere fairly close to her house.

What I don't get is....how was Casey smart enough to find a place to put that body that all of LE and TES can't find??? The place has GOT to be somewhere fairly close to her house.

Actually, I think it's just the opposite. I think Caylee may be further away than we think.

Remember how Casey tried to explain the smell in the trunk. She tried to point attention to the engine and squirrels.

She told Lee that she feels Caylee is close. I think she's not.

LE has been looking very close to her home. That could be the reason they haven't found her.

Think like Casey. I bet we can. We've heard enough over the weeks to see how deranged she is.

Dang! I am cutting and pasting the post from Yuri! Thanks Tiggy baybay! LOL... He says he will answer our questions when it is over (he doesn't say how long....so we must be patient peeps):
post_old.gif
09-27-2008, 09:03 PM
Dick Tracy Orlando
user_offline.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by karenmamo
Wondering if our fine detective friend reads all of our sleuthing and really just laughs aloud at some of our ideas.
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?
Enjoy, we have limited knowledge.....

I don't laugh. I wish I could provide some answers to good questions on here, but unfortunately I can't. One day I will be able to do just that and I'll be happy to. Until that day, have patience. :detective:

"For he (Government) is the minister of God to you for good. But if you do that which is evil, be afraid; for he bears not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath on him that does evil." Romans 13:4 AKJV

Actually, I think it's just the opposite. I think Caylee may be further away than we think.

Remember how Casey tried to explain the smell in the trunk. She tried to point attention to the engine and squirrels.

She told Lee that she feels Caylee is close. I think she's not.

LE has been looking very close to her home. That could be the reason they haven't found her.

Think like Casey. I bet we can. We've heard enough over the weeks to see how deranged she is.

Don't all of her cell phone pings show her within a pretty tight radius from her house during those weeks?

On second thought, re-reading this anouncement...It's very discouraging. I think that they shouldn't have bothered anouncing anything. After all the references to DNA and forensics...this makes it sound like they have nothing.

Unfortunately, I agree with you. This is a very sad day.

"It's very discouraging. I think that they shouldn't have bothered anouncing anything. After all the references to DNA and forensics...this makes it sound like they have nothing. "

I feel the same. I know people are going to try to put it in another light, but Im just speaking from my emotions right now. When I read this, my heart sank. I feel beaten and broken for Caylee and like theres no hope or end in sight. This announcement, to me, is just depressing.

I am honestly kind of tired of LE being accused of poorly handling this case. Please put the blame where it belongs: CA

SHE never called the cops when KC stole from her, her parents, her friends. SHE didn't call IMMEDIATELY when they found the car 'smells like there's been a dead body'. SHE didn't call the police when KC disappeared and then wouldn't let her talk to Caylee for a month. What other things did she NOT call the police about when she should have? There is SO much that we DON'T know about this case. The things that were released were the things that aren't going to a GJ. I highly doubt that they only had 1 recorded interview with most of these people. You KNOW they have much, much more on KC and are just waiting until all their ducks are in a row. Patience is required. Justice WILL be served. I have complete faith in LE on this case! Please stop blaming them for not being psychic and going to the A's house before they called for help. CA kept leaving the room when LA was speaking with KC BEFORE LE was called. Don't you think she had probably already washed the pants BEFORE LE arrived/was called? Please don't blame LE for CA's poor choices (I think GA's hands have been kind of tied when it comes to handling KC. My guess is that if GA were the one 'in charge' of raising KC things would have been handled much differently and none of this would ever have happened). I'm sorry, I'm just sick and tired of seeing people knock LE over this case. Put the blame where it belongs. OK done ranting now. *steps off soapbox*

As far as I know, there are no statue of limitations on murder. If she doesn't get charged now, if a body is ever found, she can be then.

snipped......except according to FL double jeopardy law if she is prosecuted on the neglect charges she can not be prosecuted for murder.

It doesn't make sense to me about the law, I understood double jeopardy to be different but several WSers have made the comment that in FL if she is tried under neglect then she can't be tried under muder.

Everyone READ this if you are feeling discouraged. From the mouth of our Yuri :blowkiss:

Thanks Tigger!~
Nursebeeme, you are one of my favorite people. I will try not to get discouraged.
What leads me down that slippery slope, however, is a couple of other cases near and dear to my heart. Stacy Peterson has been missing for a year next month. Still not an arrest. Lisa Stebic, a year and a half or more..Still not an arrest. I am convinced that our legal system now makes it so hard for a quick arrest in most cases. If everything by LE is not down pat they get it thrown out of court by defense lawyers and judges.
:furious:

And here is another:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2743292&postcount=289

Notice he says WHEN this is over.

Please keep the faith all. It's going to be a long haul but one worth the wait.
cutting and pasting the content of that link.......very encouraging. Thank you Tiggs.. oh yeah...big, bold, and red is mine LOL:
~~~~~~~

post_old.gif
09-26-2008, 08:45 PM
Dick Tracy Orlando
user_offline.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriouslySearching
Oh, there are tons of questions we all would love to ask, but cannot. Maybe someday when things are all over with, he will come back to answer the lingering ones. Until then...we will consider him one of the "good guys" and will keep him entertained until he recovers from his unfortunate accident.

When this is over, I will be happy to answer any questions about the case. Until then, I honestly can't. I know many are chomping at the bit and I appreciate your restraint.

"For he (Government) is the minister of God to you for good. But if you do that which is evil, be afraid; for he bears not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath on him that does evil." Romans 13:4

Don't all of her cell phone pings show her within a pretty tight radius from her house during those weeks?

There is still the Blithe location and a Steve they were asking about in some of the interviews, near a lake. I don't remember the exacts on that right off hand right now. (Not enough coffee yet).

Much welcome Nursie. :blowkiss:

I just hope everyone can keep the faith. There are so many good players who want nothing more than to bring justice and closure to this case. It's the most publicized case I think I've ever seen with the worst twists.

That wasn't clear to me PP. He said "if you end up going down that path of working a homicide case." So I'm not clear if he is saying that is the path they are on or the path they may go on.

First time poster, loooong time reader- I feel as if I know all of you lovely sleuthers!
Anyhoo, even though he said "if", iirc, this is the first time LE has even said the "H" word...HOMICIDE...even though "H" could stand for hinky, hooey, or horse sheet. That in of itself makes me feel encouraged.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back