The One Thing

ShouldBWorking

Reaction score
Regardless of what you believe, alive/dead, accident/no accident what one thing makes you doubt your own thinking

For me-in the last 911 call when Cindy tells someone in the background that "Zany took her" she seems so comfortable with the name Zany and you don't hear whoever she is talking to but I assume it's George. It makes me believe "Zany" exist, not saying her name is ZG but I think someone in Caylee's life sent by "Zany"

Regardless of what you believe, alive/dead, accident/no accident what one thing makes you doubt your own thinking

So far, nothing has made me doubt my current belief, but I will read this thread in hopes that something does.

Lack of the DNA results keeps me on the fence. So far not a word that they have been tied to Caylee. I'm still thinking it could have been someone else in that car?

Salem

The trouble (for me) with this is that even if Casey has given Caylee to someone for safekeeping, so she knows isn't kidnapped or dead, but is safe, she hasn't seen her for weeks now yet isn't apparently missing her or fretting about not being in contact with whoever has her. I was visiting someone at a detox unit last week and the mothers in there, none of whom were likely to be described as 'mother of the year' were frantic and sad about not seeing their children after only a few days, despite knowing they were doing the best thing for their children by getting clean, and despite knowing their children were being cared for while they were in there. Their grief was palpable and convincing. Casey's demeanor is not convincing in the slightest.

Untill I hear forensic evidence that proves that Caylee was is the trunk of that car I am holding out Hope that this Beautiful little girl is Alive.
As a mother of 3 Beautiful children I just can't make the rash decision that she is no longer with "us" .
I know all the lies , and all that jaz, but taking them all out of the equation, at the end of the day it boils down to cold hard siencetific facts. Untill they come in I will hold out HOPE that Caylee is alvie and hoping that she is safe somewhere on this earth.
This is JMHO straight from my heart, as a Mom.

Untill I hear forensic evidence that proves that Caylee was is the trunk of that car I am holding out Hope that this Beautiful little girl is Alive.
As a mother of 3 Beautiful children I just can't make the rash decision that she is no longer with "us" .
I know all the lies , and all that jaz, but taking them all out of the equation, at the end of the day it boils down to cold hard siencetific facts. Untill they come in I will hold out HOPE that Caylee is alvie and hoping that she is safe somewhere on this earth.
This is JMHO straight from my heart, as a Mom.

me as well,... I have a two year old daughter that reminds me so much of Caylee and I would move heaven and earth and confess to every sin I have ever committed if someone took her!

me as well,... I have a two year old daughter that reminds me so much of Caylee and I would move heaven and earth and confess to every sin I have ever committed if someone took her!
I wholeheartedly agree with you I would aswell . I have a 3 years old dd that almost died right before her second bithday due to and infection. I would have sold my sould to the devil if I had too.
But I don't think Casey is made like that, I just pray that she has an enlighting moment and starts talking.

Gosh everything in this case makes me doubt my own thinking.
For me, I continue to hold out hope that she is with someone that is as flakey as Casey and doesn't know what to do.
I am open to all possibilites and have not settled on any one theory or explanation, simply because we do not have all the facts.
If the trunk testing comes back positive for Caylee, then I think that will tell us what we need to know.

Reserving judgment waiting for true information.

For me-in the last 911 call when Cindy tells someone in the background that "Zany took her" she seems so comfortable with the name Zany and you don't hear whoever she is talking to but I assume it's George. It makes me believe "Zany" exist, not saying her name is ZG but I think someone in Caylee's life sent by "Zany"

Sounds plausible, but it also sounds plausible that Casey talked to her mother on numerous occasions about someone named Zany who was babysitting Caley - of course, that comes before the fact that a REAL ZA was looking at some apartments at SawGrass - continue to color me confused!

I have a 3 year old little girl and a 1 year old little boy..One of the several things that makes me doubt my own thinking is the fact that in the early years of Caylee's life Casey talked so much about her on her myspace. I read through ALL the comments and she was talking about Caylee cutting her first tooth etc. Seemingly she APPEARED back then to be so excited and into being a mother. I have(no idea why) such a hard time thinking(even though several other high profile murderers killed their children) thinking someone could do this to their child. I would rather be dead then ANYTHING happening to one of my children. I have a hard time comprehending how anyone could feel differently although I KNOW it's a reality that people do.

The other thing that makes me doubt my thinking is that the DNA evidence has not been revealed...to put Casey back in jail. I have a hard time believing that it isn't back yet and if it is.. did it not come back to reveal any proof that Caylee was in that trunk?

The whole case has me heart broken.

I'm thinking Zany is someone Casey made up a long time ago who could be used whenever Casey needed an excuse/alibi. If she didn't want to say where she was really going, who she was going to be with etc, Zany could be brought out and used.
When I was in Jr. High I had a friend (not for long) who made up friends, she would take a small fact and weave all kinds of make believe into it. It wouldn't make sense to most people to do this, but in her mind it was what needed to be done. Casey imo has many problems/issues that began way before Caylee went missing, even before Caylee was born. I have no doubt she was expert at weaving her lies a long time ago. It would be eye opening to read all of her school reports, what did the teachers have to say about her? What kind of grades did she really get? What was the real reason she did not graduate?

VB

None of this case makes much sense so I have to say that my first instinct is that Casey killed Caylee (could have been an accident - I don't rule that out) and nothing so far has changed my mind.

Personally the somewhat odd entrance of the BH into this case has somewhat strengthen my opinion because now we are not only getting lies and double speak from the parents but also from them.

It makes me suspicious of their motives because they say focus on Caylee but we see and hear the focus only on Casey. There is something very wrong with what is going on now.

Lack of the DNA results keeps me on the fence. So far not a word that they have been tied to Caylee. I'm still thinking it could have been someone else in that car?

Salem

Same here. When her bond got posted, I started wondering if there was something to Casey giving Caylee away or "losing" her somewhere. I guess I'm just entertaining the idea more, not really believing differently.

At the same time, it doesn't take much for a small body to return to nothing and be lost. I just hate to think Caylee is lost forever.

No one I know who has ever smelled human decomposition believes there wasn't a body in the trunk of the car. It's that unmistakable and unforgettable. That being said, we can't and won't know what the stench was that caused Cindy Anthony, LE and a cadaver dog to at least believe a dead body had been in the trunk until the lab analysis is done and the results revealed. What's got me confused is the gas cans being in the trunk. Were they stolen from the shed and placed into the trunk to cover up the smell or compromise the integrity of any DNA evidence? IIRC, in the Scott Peterson trial it was learned that one of the tarps had been found in a shed with a leaking gas leaf blower. Or did she steal the gas cans because she had a faulty gas gauge in the car? Either way, there does not seem to be any rational explanation for abandoning the car with her keys and purse in it IF the car was not out of gas as I have heard but not sure if that's been confirmed or not.

What makes me doubt myself is the reactions (lack of or completely wrong) of the family: cindy, george, lee and casey. Casey acts like she knows Caylee is ok. Sometimes I think this is a paternity thing - and the real biological dad has Caylee and threatened harm if the situation was taken to the police.

But, ultimately I know that is wishful thinking. I think it is what it is.....Casey had something to do with the poor little girls' death and now a huge cover up is happening before us.

I want to believe that Caylee is safe and hidden away somewhere. But what I want to believe is not trumped by the things known in this case.

Every case I have followed and granted not that many have always had dark tales of mystery weaved into the plot. Natalie Halloway...talk of underground club scene, drugs, sex slavery, blah blah. Scott Peterson...satanic cult worshippers. But what it really boiled down to was selfish, narcissitic murderers.

Casey did something to Caylee that killed her. She did not confide in anyone, she did not enlist the help of any of her friends, family, PI's etc.

She has a car that smelled of death, family yard that was hit on by cadaver dogs, abandoned a car, abandoned clothes, stole money, and the list goes on and on.

She only let people know her daughter was missing after the cops had become involved and that was to send out a myspace alert! Ok, if the whole thing was so secret and she couldn't tell anyone. Myspace is cetainly not a covert means of dispersing information Caylee was missing. No she was forced to do something visible to appear she was searching for Caylee while covering her butt and deleting incriminating posts.

No, Caylee my head tells me has become a victim of her mothers lack of concern for anyone but herself.

The one thing for me is that neither Casey or Cindy could even remember the last time they saw Caylee. They both got the date horribly wrong. Any person would KNOW the exact date of the day your precious child went missing...except for those two people. Time would have stopped for the rest of us.

You make a good point here, one I have felt similar about for awhile.

My feeling about the 911 calls is that it was during them that Cindy was NOT in protection mode of Casey, she was pissed off! Talking of the car smelling like a dead body, wanting to press charges for Casey stealing money and the car.. all of it. At that point Cindy's main focus WAS on Caylee yet she still says "The babysitter stole her".

I don't know.. I am not sure what I believe in this case. I'm waiting for evidence or lack of it. I do know that nothing will surprise me!

The one thing for me is that neither Casey or Cindy could even remember the last time they saw Caylee. They both got the date horribly wrong. Any person would KNOW the exact date of the day your precious child went missing...except for those two people. Time would have stopped for the rest of us.
I have to disagree about Cindy. IMO, she didn't realize at the time that she wasn't going to see Caylee beyond the 15th.
For example, I adore all my children. But this minute, if you asked me when I saw them all last, I would have to really think about the exact date. It could have been last week or the week before, not sure on any of them. I might come up with a date and that is off by quite a bit if I were pressed for it right now.

As for casey, no excuse. because she actually knew she was missing..in one way or another.

Except that she already had gone over it with Casey in the car when she gave that date. She had time to figure out the last time she was with Caylee before LE arrived while she was on her myspace page waiting for an hour and a half. It doesn't fly and it was their first common lie which lasted up until the night before the first hearing when she was confronted by the detective.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OwlEyes
Back