VA VA - Samantha Clarke, 19, Orange, 13 Sept 2010

Just did a search and there aren't any new articles about her.... =(

There's activity on her MS page where she friended someone yesterday....

If all it shows is she friended someone, it does NOT mean she was logged onto her MySpace at all. If she sent someone a friend request (could be days, months, weeks, etc. ago...) and that person just accepted the friend request yesterday...it will show up on her profile as her being friends with ___ (whatever the guy/girl's name is).

It works the same way on Facebook. So, if that's all it says..there is no guarantee that it was in fact Samantha who logged onto her MySpace and accepted a friend request.

On her myspace back on aug. 28 she says that she's worried and makes it sound like she's possibly pregnant-that was my interpretation anyway. So does anyone think she might have just run off out of embarassment or to be with some guy? I hope her family gets some peace soon.

On her myspace back on aug. 28 she says that she's worried and makes it sound like she's possibly pregnant-that was my interpretation anyway. So does anyone think she might have just run off out of embarassment or to be with some guy? I hope her family gets some peace soon.

I just read that comment and I agree w/ you, it sure sounds that way (possibly pregnant). ALL her recent comments sound like she has been feeling troubled and depressed :-( I pray she is found safe and soon.

THAT concerns me even more. How many times have young pregnant girls gone missing (that we've read about here)? Too many and not with a good outcome. I wonder if she was pregnant how the boyfriend took the news?

http://www2.orangenews.com/news/2010/oct/06/no-new-info-missing-orange-girl-ar-546149/

By Drew Jackson
Published: October 06, 2010

Samantha Ann Clarke gets homesick. Once, the 19-year-old left her hometown of Orange for nearby Culpeper for a two-week stretch, but during that time called her mother or aunt every day until she made the 17-mile journey back home. The silence the past three weeks is what really worries Barbara Tinder, Clarke's mother, who says if her daughter could call home, she would.

If all it shows is she friended someone, it does NOT mean she was logged onto her MySpace at all. If she sent someone a friend request (could be days, months, weeks, etc. ago...) and that person just accepted the friend request yesterday...it will show up on her profile as her being friends with ___ (whatever the guy/girl's name is).

It works the same way on Facebook. So, if that's all it says..there is no guarantee that it was in fact Samantha who logged onto her MySpace and accepted a friend request.

The police confirmed in an email to me that they believe she requested that friend before going missing.

Thanks Summer...I looked and didn't see anything...thanks!!! Can't read the articles now, but I'll read them first thing in the morning. :blowkiss:

So nothing new about this girl? She just walks off the planet. I wonder if they have posted flyers in fredericksburg.

I guess the town of orange forgot about the other missing girl. Anne Carolyn McDaniel disappeared from Orange, Virginia on September 18,1996. Awful unsolved murder.

Here is a map.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&wrapid=tlif12864234970652&q=orange+county+virginia&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=Orange,+Virginia&gl=us&ei=1kOtTK2RC4T6lwfQ6-TOBw&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&ct=image&resnum=1&ved=0CBkQ8gEwAA

Samantha has been missing for 24 days and there hasn't been any new developments in her story. That is sad.

Her family says that she was last seen at their house on Lindsay Drive, when she told a family member that she was leaving and would be back the next morning. She doesn't seem to have taken anything with her. One article indicated that they don't even know what she was wearing when she left. Based on the little information that I have seen, I believe that she probably disappeared of her own accord.

Here is a map of where she lives in relation to dowtown Orange and a close up of the building that she lives in.
SamanthaClarkeHome.jpg

SamanthaClarkeHome2.jpg

Her address is just on the edge of town and there are train tracks that run on the other side of the street from where Samantha lives. Did she maybe follow the train tracks? Have they searched along the train tracks?

It appears that she lives in some sort of apartment complex or townhouse row, though it is hard to tell from the photos. Were people in the building questioned? What time did she leave? Was it still light out? Is it possible that others were outside at the time that she left and have they been questioned?

Here are some additional photos of Samantha, to give an idea of her different looks, from her MS page...
l_f93262caa54bebda4619ae608e2050d3.jpg

l_1e86cdd5917d47c27913ec21621bf92d.jpg

l_b5d0848ff9cd4393b885eed9fb7d1804.jpg

l_8dc11bacaafe43f0a105e49993725bff.jpg

l_a77669a1911f40fca3e14b27afa38ad0.jpg

Photos of her tattoos..
l_4eb2fa0115e19e1a20587d54d37373f9.jpg

l_0e24139c2724466b92dbcb475f217b02.jpg

l_3fa81ca56e7b4a0d88a516e6a8eb0791.jpg

l_d6665bc6b6764c5a879b29fc99ad0072.jpg

So nothing new about this girl? She just walks off the planet. I wonder if they have posted flyers in fredericksburg.

I guess the town of orange forgot about the other missing girl. Anne Carolyn McDaniel disappeared from Orange, Virginia on September 18,1996. Awful unsolved murder.
<snipped map>

McDaniel was found, though, only a few days later. She got quite a lot of press recently, since the Morgan Harrington murder, as people speculate about whether the Route 29 stalker has returned.

Samantha doesn't really fit that profile if she wasn't driving. With those depressed frantic posts, I just hope she didn't decide to end it all.

From her MS page, it also sounds like Samantha is a pretty troubled and lonely girl. :-(

Reading through her MS comments, I wonder if she met someone online, who came to pick her up and she was met with foulplay? Or maybe, if she was pregnant, someone took her to get an abortion and it didn't end well.

I hope that LE has talked to all of her friends on MS. She seemed to be mostly adding male friends lately and was looking for a relationship.

Regardless, her disappearance is troubling.

Anne Carolyn McDaniel was not driving a car and was found 7 miles from where the rt 29 victim Alica show water reynolds was found in lignum. Which is 33 miles from Orange .

My point is only that they have unsolved murders and this should be getting alot of attention. Anytime someone goes missing they should get lots of attention but in an area where they have had crimes as they have had before and they are not solved it should get extra attention.

Samatha may have taken off on her own and be staying with friends and have no clue she is reported missing. She wouldnt hear it on the news. Or she could have been walking up the street at exactly the wrong time with the wrong person passing by.
I do not think the later should be dicounted because of her MS post.

Orange getting tips on missing teen, but disappearance remains a mystery.

http://fredericksburg.com/News/FLS/2010/102010/10082010/580931

"We've gotten tips from as far away as Fredericksburg and have been working with Madison, Culpeper and the State Police on this case," Orange police Chief Jim Fenwick said.

Samantha Ann Clarke, 19, left her home in the town on Orange Sept. 13 after telling her younger brother that she would return. Fenwick said she did not drive, but it is not known whether she was picked up or left on foot. She did not have a cell phone.

Anne Carolyn McDaniel was not driving a car and was found 7 miles from where the rt 29 victim Alica show water reynolds was found in lignum. Which is 33 miles from Orange .

My point is only that they have unsolved murders and this should be getting alot of attention. Anytime someone goes missing they should get lots of attention but in an area where they have had crimes as they have had before and they are not solved it should get extra attention.

Samatha may have taken off on her own and be staying with friends and have no clue she is reported missing. She wouldnt hear it on the news. Or she could have been walking up the street at exactly the wrong time with the wrong person passing by.
I do not think the later should be dicounted because of her MS post.

Of course you're perfectly right, and I did not mean to imply otherwise.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle
Back