Should Cindy and George be charged? Do They Need An Attorney?

Should Cindy, and/or George be charged??

• Yes they should be

Votes: 774 62.4%
  • No They shouldn't be

Votes: 150 12.1%
  • I dunno yet

Votes: 317 25.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, why didn't the LE collect those clothes when they were out there the night of the 911 call?

JBean, I respect your opinion. Totally.

But I also believe the grandmother has LIED to LE from the start. I believe she has tampered with the evidence concerning the clothes and gas cans and who knows whatelse. She lies and lies and lies.
How does lying help her grandchild?

None of us would be saying anything negative at all about the Anthonys had they told the truth from the very start of the case. There is another thread on this board about all the lies Grandma has told and it makes me sick thinking about all the time wasted because she cannot tell the truth.

Grandma went on the news and told people to stop wasting time on looking at Caseys partying pictures and get out there and help find her granddaughter! WHAT? What has SHE done to find Caylee? I have not seen her out in her backyard digging around looking at where the dogs :hit: I have not seen her beating on doors, handing out flyers and walking through bushes. NOPE! All I have seen of her is looking her best, with a microphone in front of her debasing those who are trying to actually HELP find her granddaughter.

She has hurt the investigation by the lies and half truths and that is evil and should be a crime.

(Added: I pray everyday that Caylee is safe and being loved by someone and that Casey is telling the truth. I WANT TO BE WRONG!!)
Hi Pixies. I totally respect your opinion as well.
How exactly has she hurt the investigation? I personally don't think she has lied and lied and lied, nor do I think she is evil.

Thanks for the poll - I am sure it really got a bunch on here thinking.
Honestly I did vote I dunno as I am not sure at this moment what they could be charged with. Im sure the LE will be charging them if LE finds that they commited a crime, knowingly or not. Time will tell us the truth either way.

So, why didn't the LE collect those clothes when they were out there the night of the 911 call?

My guess is that initially LE took Cindy and Casey at their word, that Zenaida Fernandez-Gonzalez had kidnapped Caylee. I would hope and pray that it is a very minute percentage of people who would ever conspire to lie and create a false report about a child kidnapping. OCSO probably found out that George was former LE that very first night, which probably gave this family a little more credibility than the average family.

What basis would you think that LE would've had to collect an alleged victim's (of a child kidnapping) clothing the night the victim reported the 'alleged' abduction?

Thanks for the poll - I am sure it really got a bunch on here thinking.
Honestly I did vote I dunno as I am not sure at this moment what they could be charged with. Im sure the LE will be charging them if LE finds that they commited a crime, knowingly or not. Time will tell us the truth either way.

Aleve, I thought that 'Tampering with Evidence', as suggested by someone earlier (CuriosityCat?) would be an appropriate charge.

What basis would you think that LE would've had to collect an alleged victim's (of a child kidnapping) clothing the night the victim reported the 'alleged' abduction?

Well, you'd hope that LE would have thought it was just a tad odd that the mother didn't bother mentioning that she lost her daughter for 31 DAYS!!!! Just a big ho-hum from the "good mother."

If that doesn't send up red flags, I guess nothing will in Florida. :rolleyes:

I voted I don't know because at this point we don't know everything. For them to be arrested, they have to knowingly obstruct justice/cover for their daughter. There would have to be proof that they did this intentionally. Certainly that would be a hard thing to prove... Even if it was intentional, how would you prove it? "Well Mrs Anthony should have known better" and "Yes, perhaps she should have but was her intent to obstruct justice or simply to clean up the mess? Afterall she has a lot on her plate and might just not be thinking clearly at this point." Yada Yada Yada. So where is the proof of intent?
This is quite different than drinking, getting behind the wheel, and running someone over. Intent, of course, doesn't matter there.
But here, intent has to be present and I don't know how they could possibly prove that without a tapped phone call or something where Cindy or George SAYS that they did it intentionally.
They very well may have, at this point I don't know for certain.... but either way there is no proof of intent.

I voted I don't know. But when the truth about Caylee is finally out, if it's proven that Casey's parents hindered the investigation on purpose, I think they should be charged accordingly.

I'm not happy w/them, but I'm not sure about charges.

JBean~ With all due respect, the Petersons were not the last people known to have been with Lacy or not involved in covering up any criminal wrong doing by their son such as possibly tampering with evidence, misleading an investigation, or witholding information for 31 days. You simply can't say this about the grandparents in this case.

Granted, they have lost their granddaughter and I do take that into account. However, the discrepancies from both of Casey's parents in this case says they are more interested in covering for their own daughter than truly finding their grandchild. They haven't been out searching. They haven't done so many things that people in their position would do to find Caylee. It is very sad, but it is where we are at this juncture.

I do feel like charges are going to be filed against the grandparents once everything comes to light. Their stories are beginning to twist and turn on each other's statements and there is much more to this than meets the eye.

JBean~ With all due respect, the Petersons were not the last people known to have been with Lacy or not involved in covering up any criminal wrong doing by their son such as possibly tampering with evidence, misleading an investigation, or witholding information for 31 days. You simply can't say this about the grandparents in this case.
Hi SS.. respect backatcha but I can say that and I am :) I just don't see what you are seeing at all. BTW, what information did the parents withhold for 31 days?
Granted, they have lost their granddaughter and I do take that into account. However, the discrepancies from both of Casey's parents in this case says they are more interested in covering for their own daughter than truly finding their grandchild. They haven't been out searching. They haven't done so many things that people in their position would do to find Caylee. It is very sad, but it is where we are at this juncture.
I do not agree with bolded.
I do feel like charges are going to be filed against the grandparents once everything comes to light. Their stories are beginning to twist and turn on each other's statements and there is much more to this than meets the eye.
I don't see their statments as twisting and turning on each other SS.

Aleve, I thought that 'Tampering with Evidence', as suggested by someone earlier (CuriosityCat?) would be an appropriate charge.

I do agree with you Liz - but I guess she could always technically argue that she didnt know the pants were evidence. Lawyers are masters at that sort of thing. I still say that if there is anything to charge them with LE will charge them at the right time.

Are we following the same case?! LOL I swear I am not just making this stuff up.

Isn't that the truth?! This is one of the most bizarre cases I have seen yet. Every day something else comes out that makes my head spin.

Another I don't know yet. Just depends on what comes out. But I do feel LE will charge them if that's what's called for, so right now I'm trusting them (LE) and waiting for more info.

Isn't that the truth?! This is one of the most bizarre cases I have seen yet. Every day something else comes out that makes my head spin.
I first came here for the Mark Hacking case and I thought THAT was one of the most bizarre cases of a liar. This one is pretty darn close.

I first came here for the Mark Hacking case and I thought THAT was one of the most bizarre cases of a liar. This one is pretty darn close.
Ugh! Lori Hacking! What a horrific case that was! (Not unlike Tara Grant's case.)

The case we have ongoing here right now with the teacher who shot his wife is running along those same lines with the lies and deceit. He had made up this entire thing about working for an organization, getting millions, had included his wife, the school, the city, the banks, and others in his fake life. Truly bizarre what some people will do then kill to cover up their lies when they see no way out. He killed his wife because he thought it would be a good way for him to say he couldn't continue on with his "plans" for work in Israel if he was too upset about his wife being murdered by an "intruder" the night before they were to leave.

The lies Casey has been living on have caught up with her, too.

I can say YES with no doubt. I am been in this position where the saftey of my grandchild were at risk. I never lied to the police or to DCF.

With the news of yesterday proving without a doubt that there is no nanny......one has to question why Cindy said that this nanny has been around for over a year. It's a lie, and because she continued this lie of her daughter is causes the police more time to run around like chickens with there heads off trying to put out all these fires.

The longer this child's body is not found, the longer no evidence can be found as to how she died.

So yea, at this point in my mind at least Cindy needs to be charged with obstruction of justice in the death of a child.

YES YES AND YES. Washing the clothes was the final straw. Yes, she loves her child , of course. But that isn't an excuse to get rid of evidence....time and time again, Cindy has proven that she feels she is above the law. And it really pisses me off. Stand up and hold your child accountable. For your granddaughter, if not for yourself.

I said "I don't know yet" because I'm waiting for more info...

But, if you haven't seen your granddaughter in a month, your car was abandoned, you call LE and mention your granddaughter is missing, there's a funny smell in the car and your daughter lies and steals... you do NOT touch anything until LE has gone through everything and clears you to take the car home, wash the cloths, toss out toys...

These parents, if nothing else are in total denial. But, if it comes out that they covered up a crime, participated in it, or whatever, I hope they are charged. Denial is not an excuse for hindering an investigation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo53