2010.06.28 - Kyron's Dad files for divorce and restraining order

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it odd that a court can keep postponing a divorce in a state with no-fault divorce!

Kaine has the right not to be married to this woman anymore, right? :waitasec:

Yes he has that right but I think his first priority is justice for Kyron. If it means staying married (on paper) until they can file charges against her, I would think he would be happy to wait as long as needed.

This is one of those cases that really increases my resentment of defense attorneys. They keep their clients silent, yet insist on reasonable doubt and presumption of innocence.

I've never understood how making a statement, whether it be one showing compassion for the victim or one stating innocence, can come back to hurt the defendant. A public statement is not sworn testimony, and in any event, if a person is truly innocent, how can saying that I too miss and worry about Kyron and have wracked my brain trying to think of things that might help him be found, come back to haunt her?

Not saying she would be believed, especially not now. But one would like to think she was fighting behind the scenes with her lawyer, begging to speak out, and that does not seem to be the case.

So has it been confirmed that it was Houze that requested the delay?

Also, doesn't rehab and pregnancy fall under rumors? Are those allowed now? I haven't been here in a while so I'm not sure if the rules had changed to allow them. TIA.

On a positive thought, maybe the new searches are finding something. Maybe Kaine or LE wanted to wait, and see if the search brought closure to this.

I'm baffled...yet not surprised...if that makes any sense.

I hope you are correct -- that the new searches found something -- anything !

That would be GREAT news !

Also, doesn't rehab and pregnancy fall under rumors? Are those allowed now? I haven't been here in a while so I'm not sure if the rules had changed to allow them. TIA.

A rumor is "I heard that..." I was simply posing a "What if..." or "I wonder if..." or "Do you suppose..."

So confusing. I can't believe KH doesn't want to get this over with, but I'm thinking his lawyer would have to agree with this - or maybe because it's an order from the judge, neither lawyer has a choice? I wish I knew how these things work. And I hope TH doesn't automatically get custody rights because the PO may be expired (I can't remember when a year would be for it) by the time this gets to court (and I'm assuming more delays down the road)! I'm really worried about that.

July 9, I think. Somewhere thereabouts. And I never try to presuppose what may happen in divorce court, BUT I do hope that the judge will consider that Terri's made no effort to see little K in almost a year, so when Kaine files for an extension of the PO, I'm almost certain he'll get it.

If Terri wants to see little K, she's going to have to fight for visitation, and she's not going anywhere near the stand.

By all means, judge, protect the rights of Terri. The victims will just have to suck it up so Terri can be protected! She must be feeling pretty smug right now.

Can only pray that TH goes out and celebrates in a big way with some Jesus juice tonight...meets some undercover cop in a dark corner of her lil' pub and leaks a few tidbits worthy of calling an end to this nightmare...that's my prayer for the day.

Where is Kyron's justice?

Sorry to confuse the situation.

I was just remembering the media's question in Sept./Oct. and counting to 9. I was also posing a hypothetical situation in which someone might not be able to make it to court.

If you like, I'll remove the post.

Are we even certain that the most recent postponement originated with either side?

As I recall, the judge in the case retired rather suddenly but agreed to remain on this case as a senior judge. Now I'm wondering if whatever caused him to retire so suddenly is also preventing him from sitting on the bench right now.

Are we even certain that the most recent postponement originated with either side?

As I recall, the judge in the case retired rather suddenly but agreed to remain on this case as a senior judge. Now I'm wondering if whatever caused him to retire so suddenly is also preventing him from sitting on the bench right now.

There has been no indication as to the reasons for the delay.

I am bummed about this delay, too. But I am trying to console myself by thinking how AWFUL we would all feel if Terri were convicted and then the conviction was overturned because of an "error" the civil court judge made by allowing her to testify in the divorce case.

When she finally meets justice, we definitely want it to stick.

Posted in the news section by our "always on top of things" Freefallzzzz! Thanks for the heads up! ;)

Hearing THIS MORNING, Wednesday April 20 inside the judges chambers. What could this be about? Anyone?

http://www.kptv.com/news/27606932/detail.html

Interesting for sure..
Fox12 has this as their lead story and they have a reporter doing live shots outside the courthouse.. they broadcast until 9am so IF anyone shows up, they will most likely report it..

Link to live feed
http://www.kptv.com/video/15359817/index.html

Thanks for posting this "news" ... I sure hope we find out "something".

Oh ... I wish Oregon had the "Sunshine Law" as they do in Florida ...

Prayers for Kyron and that he is found soon !

Did anyone watch the live link? I am in and out this morning and haven't had much free time! I'll set the DVR for the Noon news.

Darnit, I wish someone was twittering from the courtroom! I guess reporters weren't allowed. I am dying to know what this was about!

Any news? I'm in Toronto and I forget what the time difference is. I hope that it isn't postponed again.

There was a tweet from Bruce McCain that it lasted only 20 minutes and only lawyers were in attendance...I don't have a link...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998