2012.02.07 - 911 Tapes Released

I understand she was shocked. But as a "crisis worker", she must be trained by her employer to be prepared and effective as possible in the event of a crisis. How do we hope to have better crisis intervention for children without being able to address the obvious short-comings of the system in place to protect children in crisis? Ill-training is a short-coming. This is not an attack on the poor woman. It is an identified failure of the systems training and expectations of her. The address is crucial.

If I were her, one of my emotions right now would be anger that I wasn't trained for a situation like this one.

My heart goes out to her. :tears:

If I were her, one of my emotions right now would be anger that I wasn't trained for a situation like this one.

My heart goes out to her. :tears:

I totally and completely agree. I believe she is acutely aware now of the of the danger she was placed in, and the ill-preparation for such a task.

There will be NO bashing or deriding or second-guessing of what the social worker did, or how they reacted in the moment.

May no one here ever have to experience what that person has.

Yesyesyes.

I am a social worker. My social worker friends and I are stunned and shaken and beyond saddened by this whole situation. We have tried to put ourselves in this caseworker's place...shuddered to imagine what she was going through. We have seriously questioned why we are in this line of work, and we have each set personal boundaries against working in supervised visitation situations.

Several of us are currently working toward our psychotherapy licenses, and we agree that we will never agree to allow our offices to be used as venues for supervised visitation. In fact, I decided a long time ago that when I do go into private practice, my secretary/assistant will be a big, burly guy with a big, burly weapon for protection. A few of my friends used to chuckle when I'd say that. They aren't laughing now.

God bless this poor woman. She was put in a situation that just never happens! And yet it did. Had she been a S.W.A.T. team member, much of what happened would have still happened. I pray she finds peace and can get the visions out of her head.

I understand she was shocked. But as a "crisis worker", she must be trained by her employer to be prepared and effective as possible in the event of a crisis. How do we hope to have better crisis intervention for children without being able to address the obvious short-comings of the system in place to protect children in crisis? Ill-training is a short-coming. This is not an attack on the poor woman. It is an identified failure of the systems training and expectations of her. The address is crucial.

Thank you I couldn't say it better.
I am not blaming her I feel Josh has caused so much pain to everyone he meet. I feel horrible he traumatized her too.
I do question CPS and the caseworkers do encounter some pretty scary situations daily from what I hear from friends who used to work in social services. From arguing parents, domestic violence to physical threats.
I think they need training just as a police officer does. They are asking to protect and keep the peace in some really frightening, dangerous situations.
If it was at an office she would have had many others to call in for help. I feel horrible they sent her there with those boys.

Neither am I. Not impressed. The first one (before the fire) promised her the first available deputy was going to contact her. How much before the fire was that?

He was actually pretty rude to her at the end there.

I am so distraught.

I just heard about the hatchet. My heart is absolutely breaking. I am so sorry for these beautiful boys, their family and friends, omg.

:( :( :(

The first 911 call was before the fire. So at that time 911 shouldn't have been overloaded with calls about explosions. They haven't happened yet.
I believe 911 was getting calls from friends and relatives about the emails he'd sent out. The madness started well before the explosion.

There will be NO bashing or deriding or second-guessing of what the social worker did, or how they reacted in the moment.

May no one here ever have to experience what that person has.

Thank you ynotdivein. And I have to add that if I see this social worker's name on this site, I'm going to warm up the ray gun. :saber:

Pip, X, M Tee-thanks for turning the conversation into something positive, meaning there can be some good come out of this........

I believe 911 was getting calls from friends and relatives about the emails he'd sent out. The madness started well before the explosion.

The guy caseworker talked to before the fire clearly knew nothing about any of that.

Thank you ynotdivein. And I have to add that if I see this social worker's name on this site, I'm going to warm up the ray gun. :saber:

The name has been published in msm.

Yesyesyes.

I am a social worker. My social worker friends and I are stunned and shaken and beyond saddened by this whole situation. We have tried to put ourselves in this caseworker's place...shuddered to imagine what she was going through. We have seriously questioned why we are in this line of work, and we have each set personal boundaries against working in supervised visitation situations.

Several of us are currently working toward our psychotherapy licenses, and we agree that we will never agree to allow our offices to be used as venues for supervised visitation. In fact, I decided a long time ago that when I do go into private practice, my secretary/assistant will be a big, burly guy with a big, burly weapon for protection. A few of my friends used to chuckle when I'd say that. They aren't laughing now.

God bless this poor woman. She was put in a situation that just never happens! And yet it did. Had she been a S.W.A.T. team member, much of what happened would have still happened. I pray she finds peace and can get the visions out of her head.

Thank You. This woman was placed in a situation that no one could have in their worst dreams imagined. It is an act of evil and this woman will live with it the rest of her life. I refuse to second guess her. I wasn't there and I won't ever in my heart believe she didn't do everything within her power to get help for those boys.

her name should have been redacted from the calls before being made public-hopefully the media will respect this poor woman's privacy and let her get the help she needs and not hound her for an interview!!!

her name should have been redacted from the calls before being made public-hopefully the media will respect this poor woman's privacy and let her get the help she needs and not hound her for an interview!!!

Knowing our media the chance of that happening is about nill to none.

The name has been published in msm.

...as well as her cell phone #, both of which should have been redacted (and more personal data) before the release of these tapes.

I don't care. We can wait. We need to leave her alone for now because it is too soon.

imo, there will NEVER be a time that this caseworker should be harassed, questioned, or judged by an unknowing public.

The dispatcher was so rude to the case worker, holy cow...she was frantic!

imo, there will NEVER be a time that this caseworker should be harassed, questioned, or judged by an unknowing public.

How exactly would the public become knowing? I have no clue what makes this particular case worker different from all the other potential witnesses to crimes.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back